The Irresponsible Mind of Shane Dawson - Part 16

surgeryhugs
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Irresponsible Mind of Shane Dawson - Part 16

Post by surgeryhugs »

hlemonfull wrote:Does Ryland not realize that the rats have probably infested their things at this point, and will just come with him?
not to mention the poop... i would throw out/wash everything.. but we all know they won't. :barf:

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I wonder if Ryland purposely introduced some rats to get Shane to buy a bigger house. Shane already had that house when he met him, right? So he didn't get to butt in and interject with what HE wants in a house. Just wait, they're going to end up with another Joey Graceffa/Jenna Marbles/etc cookie cutter mcmansion.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by TaylorKnows »

takoyaki wrote:That "a lot of people rely on Jake to live" is similar to Shane. He supports how many people? His mom, his boyfriend, his boyfriend's sister, Garrett, Drew, that desperate cohost from his old podcast, that random guy i don't even remember the name of that was in his comforting his hater video and was making videos for him for 5 seconds, and I'm sure a few more I don't know.
A friend of mine that also watches him mentioned this and I wonder if it's a guilt thing.

His mom and brother (plus a bunch of people) once lost their job because of that video he made. That had to fuck with their lives on some level, because this was before he was making a lot from YouTube.

Does he feel obligated now? Before he cost his mom her job, the way they had to live their lives wasn't his fault. After that, it was. Does he feel like he has to take care of all of these people to make up for that?

Heylisten
Talker
Talker

Post by Heylisten »

Just remembered the spooky boys! I hope drew is doing well. Im surprised we haven't seen Garrett so far in any of the videos!! I guess I'll have to stick to watching buzzfeed unsolved

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

kramodadragon wrote:I like how Shane says he 'probably won’t be uploading for a few months after this series is over' because of the editing. Soo... what happens with Andrews job? Is that it for 2018? If he takes that length of time off, his next series will probably be highly anticipated. He made millions from this series so he NEEDS to hire another editor to work with Andrew on the editing. Enough of the whining and being a martyr about it. Yes, it would be great if you could edit it all yourself and have it perfect, but it's not practical. From a guy who wanted to make movies surely you knew that? Andrew has worked on enough videos now to know his style of editing, so surely he can be the 'lead editor' and train a new guy? It would probably help the videos were 1 a week on a set day like a TV show. Not 3 one week, then cancel one, then move one, then 2 the next week, then reschedule. It feels like Shane needs everyone to know how hard he's working? I have people in my life who do the same thing. They could actually make their lives much simpler very easily, but they choose to make it difficult so people say 'wow he's so hard working omg'. In a way I think he should take the rest of the year off, this series has been a bit of a mess and has had a lot of eyes on it. If he actually sat down, assigned roles, hired people, scheduled everything, shot and edited weeks in advance, it would look like less of a s**t show. Maybe even partnering with a production company to handle stuff given the amount of views/press he gets with these series now. He's really found his niche with these series and the only thing holding him back is himself.

When I read that, I didn't think he'd stop filming. I bet he'll be filming his new series soon...but we won't get it until 2019. Which irritates me.

I'm fine with no weekly uploads. But months at a time? You're not an animator...you shouldn't need that long.

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

Just came here from a video Jake Paul uploaded. Obviously downplayed it a lot, but the first thing he really says is why people were bitching about JP doxxing Post Malone and Shane comes over and does the exact same thing but nobody bats an eye. Apparently had someone break in that night and got chased by security.

I do wonder how this will play out by the end of next week and if the Alissa thing will really paint Jake in a bad light. By this point, the two boys are just so far up each other's arse that I doubt Shane would suddenly turn his back on JP. Then again, in the trailer, Shane had some breakdown about the lies and stuff (pres. from JP's side) so perhaps the two are related?

A part of me wants JP to react to the series and spill some tea, but the other part of me KNOWS that ain't going to happen, unfortunately. I just want SHane to be thrown off his high horse by JAke

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

[quote="Heylisten"]Just remembered the spooky boys! I hope drew is doing well. Im surprised we haven't seen Garrett so far in any of the videos!! I guess I'll have to stick to watching buzzfeed unsolved[/quote

I do miss the Spooky videos. Remember when Shane and Garrett were "starting a business"? Sigh. I miss Garrett. Drew has been tweeting a bit, so I hope he's doing better.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

ItsRawrzz wrote:Just came here from a video Jake Paul uploaded. Obviously downplayed it a lot, but the first thing he really says is why people were bitching about JP doxxing Post Malone and Shane comes over and does the exact same thing but nobody bats an eye. Apparently had someone break in that night and got chased by security.
This is definitely a MASSIVE double standard. Both Shane & Jake Paul are both irresponsible for that. However at least JP has learned his lesson, but just in the video before Nick Crompton told Shane not to show the front of his place bc of privacy. Yet the next day he went & did it to Jake :|

You'd think as a Youtuber he'd understand, but then again Shane one of the people who went to the old Team 10 house with donuts uninvited.
:horny: :halo:

pancakeman
Talker
Talker

Post by pancakeman »

Cryptic wrote:Found this on Shane's subreddit

Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes) in 2014:
Throughout our conversation, however, Mr. Quinto reiterated that there was no personal negativity towards Mr. Dawson, and that his criticism was strictly creative.

It was Mr. Dawson’s apparent lack of collaboration, and inability to take criticism, that disturbed Mr. Quinto the most throughout the process.

“It was not the fact that I felt like I was troubled by the content of his films, that can change, it was his inflexibility, and his opposition to anybody who saw things differently than he or his fans. It was arrogance,”
Mr Quinto said. “All the other stuff is a matter of taste, and that really can’t be accounted for, obviously there were a lot of people that responded to his film.”

https://observer.com/2014/11/interview- ... ry-quinto/
:rofl:
God, that sounds about right.

I think getting some more education would have been beneficial to Shane. Whatever you study, a bachelor's teaches basic skills such as critical thinking, researching a subject and then distilling it into a unified whole, accepting constructive criticism, and quality control. All things that would improve Shane's work greatly.

I actually enjoy him a lot of the time and think he has talent, but it needs a lot of polishing if he wants to make it outside of YouTube.

pancakeman
Talker
Talker

Post by pancakeman »

Cryptic wrote:Found this on Shane's subreddit

Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes) in 2014:
Throughout our conversation, however, Mr. Quinto reiterated that there was no personal negativity towards Mr. Dawson, and that his criticism was strictly creative.

It was Mr. Dawson’s apparent lack of collaboration, and inability to take criticism, that disturbed Mr. Quinto the most throughout the process.

“It was not the fact that I felt like I was troubled by the content of his films, that can change, it was his inflexibility, and his opposition to anybody who saw things differently than he or his fans. It was arrogance,”
Mr Quinto said. “All the other stuff is a matter of taste, and that really can’t be accounted for, obviously there were a lot of people that responded to his film.”

https://observer.com/2014/11/interview- ... ry-quinto/
:rofl:
God, that sounds about right.

I think getting some more education would have been beneficial to Shane. Whatever you study, a bachelor's teaches basic skills such as critical thinking, researching a subject and then distilling it into a unified whole, accepting constructive criticism, and quality control. All things that would improve Shane's work greatly.

I actually enjoy him a lot of the time and think he has talent, but it needs a lot of polishing if he wants to make it outside of YouTube.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

LiddlePallid wrote:I wonder if Ryland purposely introduced some rats to get Shane to buy a bigger house. Shane already had that house when he met him, right? So he didn't get to butt in and interject with what HE wants in a house. Just wait, they're going to end up with another Joey Graceffa/Jenna Marbles/etc cookie cutter mcmansion.
lol that's reaching. Ryland keeps saying he likes the apartment better than the house and if he didn't have 2 dogs and a cat he would love to just stay there. I think they need a new place anyways since they got fans finding their house.
TaylorKnows wrote:
takoyaki wrote:That "a lot of people rely on Jake to live" is similar to Shane. He supports how many people? His mom, his boyfriend, his boyfriend's sister, Garrett, Drew, that desperate cohost from his old podcast, that random guy i don't even remember the name of that was in his comforting his hater video and was making videos for him for 5 seconds, and I'm sure a few more I don't know.
A friend of mine that also watches him mentioned this and I wonder if it's a guilt thing.

His mom and brother (plus a bunch of people) once lost their job because of that video he made. That had to fuck with their lives on some level, because this was before he was making a lot from YouTube.

Does he feel obligated now? Before he cost his mom her job, the way they had to live their lives wasn't his fault. After that, it was. Does he feel like he has to take care of all of these people to make up for that?
it may be guilt from those people particularly but now I think he has the Jesus complex, as we have been discussing for the past few threads. He loves to save people .He got this trait when his father left and his mom relied on Shane for some reason (because Shane looked like his father?) and Shane had to play the replacement husband role (this is evidenced by how Shane used to make inappropriate jokes about his mom - having sex with his mom and weird shit like that - and even inappropriate jokes about his grandmother who was DYING OF CANCER -repeatedly telling the joke about his grandma letting him chew on her fake boobs??? I think she had breast cancer????-. it's so funny when he was grossed out by JP's moms videos but he has done worst things regarding his mom. Both Shane and JP probably take care of others to avoid their own problems.

guru_topics
Informer
Informer

Post by guru_topics »

Random thought since were on the topic of his house: Is he ever going to fix his front door? :rofl:
--guru_topics

Lolzies
Informer
Informer

Post by Lolzies »

probably off topic, but does Kati have her own thread?

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

Heylisten wrote:Just remembered the spooky boys! I hope drew is doing well. Im surprised we haven't seen Garrett so far in any of the videos!! I guess I'll have to stick to watching buzzfeed unsolved
I love BuzzFeed Unsolved! New episodes start Friday. Ghoul Boys > Spooky Boys.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

Shane needs to shut the fuck up.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Lolzies wrote:probably off topic, but does Kati have her own thread?
I don't think so but I'd be more than glad to take a look if sm found it / created it :D

Post by Guest »

Ew. He has become so... Just ew. I come here just to remind myself how much I hate what he has turned into and then GO :roll:

heclgehog
Learner
Learner

Post by heclgehog »

Hopefully he'll post the final 2 eps this week, then call it a wrap on 2018. Cause I think he needs 2 months to figure out his life and his priorities and what he values because the shift he's done this year alone is wild. While I'm so disappointed in what his content has become, I don't want him to completely self-destruct. What I think would be good is for him to post weekly, and just post whatever he wants. One week a goofy video with his friends, then maybe a trend video the next week, post some filler stuff like that while behind the scenes work on a docu-vlog series that he gets enough 30 min eps prepared to post one a week. Or maybe he'll completely change the kind of content he wants to do and will drop doing this emotional bias docu-vlog shit.

PS, if you all wanna see a good documentary made by a youtuber, a booktuber named Ariel Bisset recently graduated from grad school and made a 49 min long doc as her final project and she recently uploaded it. It's EONS better than anything Shane has ever posted. Maybe getting a degree in journalism or wtf ever he wants (even if he just takes classes online) would HIGHLY benefit Shane and help him mature and be a little less idiotic.

Here's Ariel's doc btw : [youtube][/youtube]

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

The whole series is a hot mess. These things should be edited from start to finish and not as they go.
Shane is way too easily influenced by people to be objective in any way.
Also, I'm ready for that Katie Morton thread, I have a few things to say about that "therapist".

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

CrystallineKitty wrote:Not to defend Shane but I study Journalism (almost finished actually, about to graduate) and I will say that learning how to be unbiased, deliver a balance story and knowing how to interview people takes a lot of practice and it definitely isn't as easy as it looks. All my tutors say it will take many tries to perfect your interviewing skills.

Since Shane is so new to this he should take more time in the editing process instead of last minute. He is not skilled enough to do this on the fly.

I think people misjudge how hard this kind of stuff is. This is not an excuse for Shane to do it poorly but he should definitely take his time to learn new skills.
Sure it's not easy but he's not really trying imo. He makes the most basic, obvious mistakes. Plus, I dont even think these are mistakes, he rather does it on purpose since most probably whole this thing is arranged with Jake.
I didn't put much attention into that earlier but recently it's quite obvious how fake Shane is and how he always plays the victim rather than thinking about the constructive criticism he receives.

Return to “Shane Dawson”