minks4all

drogers4205

Re: minks4all

Post by drogers4205 »

TTGirl wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:11 pm
She came out with T shirts and her famous (infamous?) slogan on it...lol I find it pretty funny. Why would anyone wants to pay that much money for an ordinary looking T shirt is beyond me.....She prob needs extra cash to pay for her Chanels...
What's the asking price? I'm curious as there is a local mall near me where you can have customized T's or Hoodies for very little.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:46 pm
TTGirl wrote:
She came out with T shirts and her famous (infamous?) slogan on it...lol I find it pretty funny. Why would anyone wants to pay that much money for an ordinary looking T shirt is beyond me.....She prob needs extra cash to pay for her Chanels...
What's the asking price? I'm curious as there is a local mall near me where you can have customized T's or Hoodies for very little.
They're $29. I can't believe people already bought them. I'd be so embarrassed wearing it in public. It's just as bad as Jerusha's "szhuszh" shirt. :?

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:46 pm
TTGirl wrote:
I haven’t clicked on her channel in ages, and can I tell you how much I loathe her Minks Monday’s opening spiel...”grab your coffee, grab your tea, blah blah bla”. Anyway, I clicked the link in the description box and she’s selling her t-shirt for $29. It looks like her slogan has 3 different fonts and a weirdly placed fleur de lis — it’s busy. I don’t like it. She has poor taste in clothes, and can’t even do a simple t-shirt right.

Post by Guest »

poshspice88 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:30 pm
drogers4205 wrote: What's the asking price? I'm curious as there is a local mall near me where you can have customized T's or Hoodies for very little.
I haven’t clicked on her channel in ages, and can I tell you how much I loathe her Minks Monday’s opening spiel...”grab your coffee, grab your tea, blah blah bla”. Anyway, I clicked the link in the description box and she’s selling her t-shirt for $29. It looks like her slogan has 3 different fonts and a weirdly placed fleur de lis — it’s busy. I don’t like it. She has poor taste in clothes, and can’t even do a simple t-shirt right.
OMG!!! I hate listening to it, too! I didn't realize how much it irritated me until I realized I was fast forwarding the beginning of Mink's Mondays all the time.

"so grab your coffee, grab your tea, let's start your workout, let's go to work, let's do your laundry, whatever it is you're doing come join me, we have some awesome topics to cover starting with..."

It's not just her, though...so many YouTubers have these cheesy one-liners/slogans/intros and they really get under my skin.

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:
poshspice88 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:30 pm
OMG!!! I hate listening to it, too! I didn't realize how much it irritated me until I realized I was fast forwarding the beginning of Mink's Mondays all the time.

"so grab your coffee, grab your tea, let's start your workout, let's go to work, let's do your laundry, whatever it is you're doing come join me, we have some awesome topics to cover starting with..."

It's not just her, though...so many YouTubers have these cheesy one-liners/slogans/intros and they really get under my skin.
Another thing I dislike about her canned MM’s spiel is how fast she says it, I want to say, “Girl, stop. Just stop.” It’s grating and she doesn’t even take a breath. I am not going to work out “or whatever it is that I like to do” with her boring video playing.

What does she offer anymore that hasn’t been said a hundred times already? I’m sure every now and then there may be a tidbit of helpful information but I’m not going to listen for 30 minutes to someone who pretty much has said the same thing ad nauseam for the past 2 or 3 years.

Another thing I dislike is her weird sing-songy “...and the bag I’m currently rocking is the Louis Vuitton Speedy B 25 in the monogram print.” Ugh.

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lucky Be »

omg... finally an MM Trash thread! :woot:

I stopped watching Minks quite awhile ago, I can't stand the tone of her voice when she's rattling on and on about bags. Her intro to every video is ridiculous, like- take a breath in there before you turn blue and fall over!

How on earth did it come out that she was living in a trailer?
Sorry, I don't watch her anymore at all, she has nothing to say that's important; which is why the whole trailer thing has thrown me for a loop... How on earth was this found out about? Did she tell on herself OR was she spied on or what?

Post by Guest »

Lucky Be wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 pm
omg... finally an MM Trash thread! :woot:

I stopped watching Minks quite awhile ago, I can't stand the tone of her voice when she's rattling on and on about bags. Her intro to every video is ridiculous, like- take a breath in there before you turn blue and fall over!

How on earth did it come out that she was living in a trailer?
Sorry, I don't watch her anymore at all, she has nothing to say that's important; which is why the whole trailer thing has thrown me for a loop... How on earth was this found out about? Did she tell on herself OR was she spied on or what?
I think it was discovered last Spring when someone on here found her address by googling Minks. If you go to Minks4all’s other thread here on GG you’ll see the progression and the entire conversation about it over there, it’s a 3 page thread and it’s where everyone here chatted about Minks before this thread was started.

Post by Guest »

Here’s the link to Minks4all rave thread, it actually has more pages than I thought. Page 5 is where it was discovered that she lived in a trailer. viewtopic.php?t=22230

Post by Guest »

I saw Minks’ latest video of bags she would never buy and I rolled my eyes when she talked about the Hermès Birkin. She is clearly looking at the Birkin and the brand Hermès from a middle class, American perspective. Yes it’s for rich people but the whole point of being offered those bags is more of an appreciation for clients who love H. Shopping in H is very French and not like shopping and LV or Chanel. I don’t think she will ever fully understand why Hermès doesn’t offer Birkins outright. She thinks she does but clearly she doesn’t. :roll: At least she realizes that it would be a waste of money for her to get one since she knows she wouldn’t use it as a tote (which is what it’s supposed to be used for).

I’m surprised that for someone like Minnie who likes to hoard bags from various fashion houses and is obsessive about brands doesn’t fully understand the Hermès shopping experience and business model.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Ever since it was discovered that Minks lived in a trailer home while she was buying LV and Chanel, I just can't take her seriously.

Doll_
Learner
Learner

Post by Doll_ »

drogers4205 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:45 am
Ever since it was discovered that Minks lived in a trailer home while she was buying LV and Chanel, I just can't take her seriously.
Same here...

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Does she still live in a trailer? A recent GRWM video where she showed she’s next to a window....it almost looks like she still is in one!

Post by Guest »

No they sold the trailer in July and bought a modest home in Murrieta.

elsa929
Learner
Learner

Post by elsa929 »

adel220 wrote: I saw Minks’ latest video of bags she would never buy and I rolled my eyes when she talked about the Hermès Birkin. She is clearly looking at the Birkin and the brand Hermès from a middle class, American perspective. Yes it’s for rich people but the whole point of being offered those bags is more of an appreciation for clients who love H. Shopping in H is very French and not like shopping and LV or Chanel. I don’t think she will ever fully understand why Hermès doesn’t offer Birkins outright. She thinks she does but clearly she doesn’t. :roll: At least she realizes that it would be a waste of money for her to get one since she knows she wouldn’t use it as a tote (which is what it’s supposed to be used for).

I’m surprised that for someone like Minnie who likes to hoard bags from various fashion houses and is obsessive about brands doesn’t fully understand the Hermès shopping experience and business model.
I saw this video and something about her explanation just doesn’t ring true. I think she would totally get one of those bags as a status symbol and to say she has it if she could walk in and get one. She mentioned once before she was treated badly at a Hermès store and since then she says she’s turned off. Yet she buys multiple Calvi’s. I think since she saw Jerusha get a Kelly she thinks she can get a Birkin.

Post by Guest »

elsa929 wrote:
adel220 wrote: I saw Minks’ latest video of bags she would never buy and I rolled my eyes when she talked about the Hermès Birkin. She is clearly looking at the Birkin and the brand Hermès from a middle class, American perspective. Yes it’s for rich people but the whole point of being offered those bags is more of an appreciation for clients who love H. Shopping in H is very French and not like shopping and LV or Chanel. I don’t think she will ever fully understand why Hermès doesn’t offer Birkins outright. She thinks she does but clearly she doesn’t. :roll: At least she realizes that it would be a waste of money for her to get one since she knows she wouldn’t use it as a tote (which is what it’s supposed to be used for).

I saw this video and something about her explanation just doesn’t ring true. I think she would totally get one of those bags as a status symbol and to say she has it if she could walk in and get one. She mentioned once before she was treated badly at a Hermès store and since then she says she’s turned off. Yet she buys multiple Calvi’s. I think since she saw Jerusha get a Kelly she thinks she can get a Birkin.
Oh yeah, she's definitely lying through her teeth. I remember those days when she was lusting after the Birkin, saying how she loved the "silhouette" and all that other BS. It wasn't until after the snobby Hermes SA spoke condescendingly towards her and her husband she changed her tune and now says she doesn't want it. But honestly, what did she expect? All she had in her H history at that time were a couple SLGs and cheap clic-clacs; did she really think she could just come up to the store and ask for a 30cm black togo birkin?

There are people who can walk in and get a Birkin, but it is usually not a desirable color or size. Jerusha's Kelly is okay, but like people have said on her own thread, most people would get a neutral color...and those that do are usually the better clients, not trashy people like Jerusha or Alex aka HRHCollection, although I did see that Alex got a black constance...maybe through the assistance of her friend who IS a good client at H.

Whether Minnie likes to admit it or not, she is a label whore and a bag snob. There isn't anything wrong with that, but I remember thinking how disingenuous she came off when she said she couldn't wear Coach and D&B and "didn't know why". :roll:

For the most part I think Minnie is a nice person, but I think her feelings with H (both positive and negative) and American contemporary bags are so eye-roll worthy.

elsa929
Learner
Learner

Post by elsa929 »

And what’s with all the commercials in her videos now? I tried to sit through the 15 minute cosmetic case one... (no idea why... it wasn’t anything special) and I think there were three commercials! Really? Such a turn off. And she’s got to improve her “phrases” - she recycles the same sayings...”it’s all about versatility” “pop of color” “hope I was able to answer your question” “it’s all personal preference” “to each their own” “it packs a punch”“I want to know your guys’s Thoughts”
My thoughts are you should stop using the same phrases over and over...time to “add some new ones into your rotation”

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Did she try to color her own hair again? Looking at her "5 Budget Friendly...." video and her hair is absolutely a fried mess.

Post by Guest »

I can’t bring myself to look at her boring videos so I went to her IG and you’re right her hair is fried. Her hair is too dark to be putting in light colored highlights. She’s really clueless about what looks good and how to maintain healthy hair. She could have done subtle highlights by going 2 or 3 shades lighter, but no, she has gone 10 or 12 shades lighter (at least) and got light brown or dark blond highlights on very deep brunette hair. Dumb. It looks ratchet and cheap. She needs to cover up the highlights altogether with her natural hair color, get some deep conditioning and leave it alone.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

Following. Most of her videos are boring, but I like that she didn't have to buy and show a bag when talking about it, when I know other youtubers would buy and then resell / return it.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Nance wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:03 pm
Following. Most of her videos are boring, but I like that she didn't have to buy and show a bag when talking about it, when I know other youtubers would buy and then resell / return it.
Not to be snarky, but she's done her fair share of buying and selling as well. Would buy and make a video then quietly return or sale and only bring it up if subbies asked her what happened to such and such. In her earlier videos she refused to show pictures of bags and had even addressed in a video about how she didn't like showing photos. Fast forward a few years and now she has no problem using pics. Doesn't bother me either way, but I definitely had to bring to light that she has definitely bought and sold in the past. Maybe not as frequently as some, but still.

Return to “K-O”