BotoxTV- Part 8

fizzwizz12

Re: BotoxTV- Part 8

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i really wish her employees would write about her on glassdoor. or any of those other websites. but i did learn that she pays her graphic designers, at least this one, $11 an hour.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

ANGELMAMMA
Informer
Informer

Post by ANGELMAMMA »

I am going to enjoy seeing Marlena's grey and dark brown roots growing out! (I know that doctors forbid hair-coloring during pregnancy, and maybe breastfeeding.) Also, I have two friends who are DEVASTATED that they can't have children. So seeing a "guru" stand up and show her belly has to be painful...and...UNNECESSARY...just sell makeup Marlena.

The "banana" video was horrible. She applies, then erases, and repeats, repeats, repeats. Say things ONCE, and people can re-play if they want to hear it again.

And the lips...I heard Jaclyn Hill say she may not get pregnant because she'd have to give up fillers and Botox!!! So what is Marlena doing???

Kazerella
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kazerella »

53F73764-D448-4230-9825-418F984267FA.jpeg
“Unedited...” sure, Jan :roll:

And 11$ an hour for a graphic designer? Yet her 2020 net worth is 74 million :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pinkitydrinkity
Learner
Learner

Post by pinkitydrinkity »

ANGELMAMMA wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:42 pm
I am going to enjoy seeing Marlena's grey and dark brown roots growing out! (I know that doctors forbid hair-coloring during pregnancy, and maybe breastfeeding.) Also, I have two friends who are DEVASTATED that they can't have children. So seeing a "guru" stand up and show her belly has to be painful...and...UNNECESSARY...just sell makeup Marlena.

The "banana" video was horrible. She applies, then erases, and repeats, repeats, repeats. Say things ONCE, and people can re-play if they want to hear it again.

And the lips...I heard Jaclyn Hill say she may not get pregnant because she'd have to give up fillers and Botox!!! So what is Marlena doing???
I meann... She isn't obligated to hide her belly/pregnancy just because someone else is struggling with this.

I don't like when people mix personal/family stuff and business (e.g. her rebrand video when she talked about family and baby when it should've been more focused on MUG only)

But I also don't like the idea that one needs to hide something good (wealth, beauty, pregnancy, career achievements etc.) just because someone else can't achieve this. I understand the feelings but it feels entitled nonetheless.
:love2:

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i tried posting these the other night, but the site went tits up as usual.

https://www.niche.com/places-to-work/ma ... ackson-mi/
https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Makeup-Geek/ ... kson%2C+MI

i wish i could find the california information. but i know that a lot of people don't know of these sites, or are far too scared to burn any bridges.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Mysterious_Fairy
Learner
Learner

Post by Mysterious_Fairy »

Kazerella wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:25 pm

That's insane.
Are you sure?
That's not even the minimum wage.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Mysterious_Fairy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:09 pm
Kazerella wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:25 pm

That's insane.
Are you sure?
That's not even the minimum wage.
yup, on glassdoor. sure it's the michigan location, but that's what she pays.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Quistis
Learner
Learner

Post by Quistis »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:06 am
Quistis wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:02 am
I received my order from Marste, and I gotta say I like the t-shirts. I can't justify the original price, but to be honest I used to get expensive shirts that would not survive being worn many times. Anyway, I got the wrong colour for the dress, and I contacted them but have yet to hear from them.

As for her rebranding, I don't plan to get any of the eyeshadows even though I *used* to like their performance back in 2015! Grandstand was my fav colour and I still think it's great but I can't support a woman who thrives on nothing but drama yet hate to be the target of it!
do you feel they are of good quality? hey, if her overpriced stuff is good, that's fine. makes a huge difference.

i hope you got them on the sale though. no reason to pay full price for marlena to pad her purse with. was the wrong colour a shipping issue, or just an accidental order? i'm just curious about actual quality, fit, wear, feel.
I ordered 10 pieces and paid 125$ total, so I thought that's a good deal. I do like the t-shirts, and their price was between 7 and 10 dollars a piece. They are very comfortable, soft, stylish and to be honest made of a very nice material. I have not tested wearing them enough though to make a final judgement. I also like the camisoles. They are again soft and comfortable and the cut is quite elegant without revealing much. They run big though. I didn't like the dress nor the skirt I got. The material they are made of is scratchy, stretchy, and very very heavy. The model looks lovely wearing the dress, it looks terrible on me, haha!

The dress colour is a shipping issue, and they contacted me back verifying my address, yet I have not received the replacement nor heard from them after.

I think Marste could have done much better if she would have started with affordable items, instead of over-priced stuff.
English is not my first language. :D

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Quistis wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:01 am
fizzwizz12 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:06 am
Quistis wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:02 am
I received my order from Marste, and I gotta say I like the t-shirts. I can't justify the original price, but to be honest I used to get expensive shirts that would not survive being worn many times. Anyway, I got the wrong colour for the dress, and I contacted them but have yet to hear from them.

As for her rebranding, I don't plan to get any of the eyeshadows even though I *used* to like their performance back in 2015! Grandstand was my fav colour and I still think it's great but I can't support a woman who thrives on nothing but drama yet hate to be the target of it!
do you feel they are of good quality? hey, if her overpriced stuff is good, that's fine. makes a huge difference.

i hope you got them on the sale though. no reason to pay full price for marlena to pad her purse with. was the wrong colour a shipping issue, or just an accidental order? i'm just curious about actual quality, fit, wear, feel.
I ordered 10 pieces and paid 125$ total, so I thought that's a good deal. I do like the t-shirts, and their price was between 7 and 10 dollars a piece. They are very comfortable, soft, stylish and to be honest made of a very nice material. I have not tested wearing them enough though to make a final judgement. I also like the camisoles. They are again soft and comfortable and the cut is quite elegant without revealing much. They run big though. I didn't like the dress nor the skirt I got. The material they are made of is scratchy, stretchy, and very very heavy. The model looks lovely wearing the dress, it looks terrible on me, haha!

The dress colour is a shipping issue, and they contacted me back verifying my address, yet I have not received the replacement nor heard from them after.

I think Marste could have done much better if she would have started with affordable items, instead of over-priced stuff.
I'm glad that you were able to get a great deal and you came away with some solid new clothing pieces. Thank you, i've always been super curious but wanted a legit review that wasn't a lie. makes sense why the dresses and skirt has stretchy material, i can't stand scratchy stuff on my skin.

hopefully you do hear back from them. i was noticing a lot of the reviews are regarding shipping and customer service issues that both this and mug have a huge issue with.

I agree with you completely. I thought she out priced her items and missed the mark. Yes they are made in the US, but so are a lot of other brands that have reasonable prices.

ANGELMAMMA
Informer
Informer

Post by ANGELMAMMA »

I realized that there are two sides to every story, and I want to acknowledge the people that agree that Marlena isn't obligated to hide her belly just because I don't like it!!

One of my friends thinks that Marlena did IVF with a donor egg. I think that is a good approach for a 40 year old, because her eggs are also 40. The statistics show that there are many more things that can go wrong (like Down's Syndrome) after 35. Oh well. A new baby brings lots of joy. Where is her husband from? I don't even know his name!!

Does anyone else think Marlena will want to return to CA for better weather? Does her mom live with her in Seattle? I am behind the times.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

it's just bad. and those colors clash, it's just ...who takes this advice?

the matrix system is such a stupid name for just using proper color theory and understanding tones and shadows.

ChicagoFlavoredPetty
Talker
Talker

Post by ChicagoFlavoredPetty »

Idk, I think the orange and purple go together fine? I just don't think the upside down cat eye works as a concept on most people with the exception of people who have highly upturned eyes on the outer edges.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

ChicagoFlavoredPetty wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:36 am
Idk, I think the orange and purple go together fine? I just don't think the upside down cat eye works as a concept on most people with the exception of people who have highly upturned eyes on the outer edges.
the orange, purple and bright green look garish to me. different tones of the colors i could see. but, her color stories are usually half assed. if it's a halloween type look, or even for an editorial i'd get it. but that's just my opinion.

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

whoooooa, i don't regularly follow marlena but her new watercolor eyeshadow vid...has she been going to trisha paytas' plastic surgeon? her lips are so sausagelike and stiff looking. ok carry on
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Allaboutthetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Allaboutthetea »

I know this is the trash forum, but if anyone likes makeup geek shadows she has a lot of round pans on clearance for $1.50-$2.25.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Allaboutthetea wrote:I know this is the trash forum, but if anyone likes makeup geek shadows she has a lot of round pans on clearance for $1.50-$2.25.
I don't care if she's a twat, I loaded up. Can't say no to a good deal. Especially on *round* standard sized pans lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

hell yea, buy it up. i think she's doing her brand a disservice by getting rid of the round pans people prefer

AllieX
Learner
Learner

Post by AllieX »

ANGELMAMMA wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 pm
I realized that there are two sides to every story, and I want to acknowledge the people that agree that Marlena isn't obligated to hide her belly just because I don't like it!!

One of my friends thinks that Marlena did IVF with a donor egg. I think that is a good approach for a 40 year old, because her eggs are also 40. The statistics show that there are many more things that can go wrong (like Down's Syndrome) after 35. Oh well. A new baby brings lots of joy. Where is her husband from? I don't even know his name!!

Does anyone else think Marlena will want to return to CA for better weather? Does her mom live with her in Seattle? I am behind the times.
It somewhat irks me that the society makes a big deal out of the heightened Down syndrome risk for the children of older women, yet doesn’t speak a word about the fact that increase in father’s age is correlated to the increase in the risk of developing schizophrenia. Once again women are pulling the short straw in the case of social narratives in this world that is perfectly equal and doesn’t need feminism anymore, at all.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

well good for them for having a girl. she let it slip in one of her videos so it wasn't a surprise.

her sausage lips don't look good. and girl needs some serious deep conditioning for the fried locks.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”