continue here!

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: imjennjolliffe / Jenn Im Part 7

Post by kimdoyeon »

thanks for the new thread! she's so boring lately i couldnt even finish her favorites.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

I just watched her august favorites video and it couldn't have been more obvious that there was minimal effort put into it. She couldn't even blend her damn eyeshadow. I get that she wants to stick to a schedule and tbh I think that her success could be mostly attributed to just showing up, consistently, over the years. But give me a break. I don't think anyone actually believes anything in her monthly videos is actually her favorite? It's just a way for her to showcase stuff she got for free from companies but they didn't explicitly tell her to make a sponsored video about it. The Fresh rose toner got sent to a bunch of influencers recently (and Sophia also featured it in a video recently), and she just went on a sponsored trip to BC with La Mer,

I know your girl's gotta make money but maybe she should have slowed down on the sponsored shit right after her wedding so she could actually enjoy her new marriage instead of taking two big trips in a row instead of her honeymoon?? I know you don't *have* to take your honeymoon right after the wedding but since she works for herself, she must have control over her own schedule. I actually wonder how much money she makes because if she has to work at this type of pace to maintain her lifestyle, that kinda sucks- maybe she's just barely affording her million dollar house?

I hope they take the time to have a real honeymoon and really take time off from working. I wouldn't be mad if they didn't vlog their honeymoon.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

she did talk about CRA and as much as i dislike things Jenn does I don't think her not talking about it as much can be held against her considering when both of the movies came out she was getting married, that being said she could talk about it now that the wedding hype is over but she also immediately went on a work trip so

also ot to answer the question from the last therad: the male character from TATBILB is white, just dark Italian, he said on his instagram he was mixed with Italian and Puetro Rican and Native American but mostly Italian. the movie is cliche but it's also just a really good fake dating movie and it's realistically unrealistic if that makes sense, i really recommend it, it's a nice easy to watch feel good movie

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

thanks for the thread

Isa93
Learner
Learner

Post by Isa93 »

vanillafilter wrote:I think that her success could be mostly attributed to just showing up, consistently, over the years.
YES! You couldn't have said it any better. It's great to have a channel that posts consistently, I absolutely hate the ones that just disappear for MONTHS without explanation while they post sponsored stuff on IG and go to sponsored trips..... But Jenn's content is not that great lately.

Not related though: I really thought the new tread was gonna have the basic white bitch thing : (

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

Isa93 wrote:
vanillafilter wrote:I think that her success could be mostly attributed to just showing up, consistently, over the years.
YES! You couldn't have said it any better. It's great to have a channel that posts consistently, I absolutely hate the ones that just disappear for MONTHS without explanation while they post sponsored stuff on IG and go to sponsored trips..... But Jenn's content is not that great lately.

Not related though: I really thought the new tread was gonna have the basic white bitch thing : (
We can have the basic betch thing in the next one :D Unless Jen provides us with better inspiration.

Also- I'm not surprised she is hustling so much w/ sponsorships. Generally, the amount people spend correlates to the amount they make.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

What does she spend money on? Feel Ike she gets everything for free

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

Following :love2:

illuminate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by illuminate »

Isa93 wrote:

ikr, I'm low-key salty here. I've never contributed semi-directly to a thread name before and I was so proud, haha. This thread name is so lame.

Isa93
Learner
Learner

Post by Isa93 »

OMG has anyone watched her new video yet? She is totally reading off something! https://youtu.be/1MOl4wa8oJQ?t=3m

kisskiss
Talker
Talker

Post by kisskiss »

So apparently right now the beauty influencer/guru community is up in flames— Marlena Stell of the brand Makeup Geek released a video last week exposing the grotesque amount major influencers are asking for to promote products, and several other veterans of the community have confirmed what she’s said to be true. Dependent on subscriber count and engagement, some are asking 20-85k for an Instagram video or feature in a Youtube vid. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jenn was pulling in something similar to this as well, which would explain why she’s quickly and seemingly unashamedly snowballed into a walking talking advertisement after joining Rare Global. I’m genuinely curious what is going to become of Jenn and other major influencers in the next couple of years with all of this exposure on their income and the questionable PR tactics of the companies that pay them.

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

what about this look is "soft" and "natural"? it's got bright barbie pink eyeshadow and lips lol

i feel like jenn's train of thought is "no falsies = super natural!" when that's...not the case lol

edit - also she only answered three questions in her Q&A? how is this a chatty catch up lol???

sunsetpark
Learner
Learner

Post by sunsetpark »

subscribed, thanks for the new thread! <3

Wat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wat »

Whoa, she looks so different without the falsies.

okitsune
Informer
Informer

Post by okitsune »

airlocked wrote:What does she spend money on? Feel Ike she gets everything for free
Perhaps she's saving the money for when her channel will be completely dead... which at this pace is going to be sooner than expected :rofl:
Image :love2:

tomatoketchup
Debater
Debater

Post by tomatoketchup »

Isa93 wrote:OMG has anyone watched her new video yet? She is totally reading off something! https://youtu.be/1MOl4wa8oJQ?t=3m
This was so cringy. It's pretty much a talking advertisement for Hourglass. "This mascara gives you 400% more volume, a 100 % people saw that it gave them lift to their lashes"

I only keep up with her on here so I was shocked when I saw how thin the skin around her jaw was. Her teeth are so huge and horsey now :o
And I just realized how terrible her grammar is and her limited vocab. Every other word was peachy and "goldy".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

nubilelokoian wrote:Image

what about this look is "soft" and "natural"? it's got bright barbie pink eyeshadow and lips lol

i feel like jenn's train of thought is "no falsies = super natural!" when that's...not the case lol

edit - also she only answered three questions in her Q&A? how is this a chatty catch up lol???
wow she looks rough, not really aging well

ReiRei
Informer
Informer

Post by ReiRei »

nubilelokoian wrote:Image

wow she looks rough, not really aging well

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

tomatoketchup wrote:
Isa93 wrote:OMG has anyone watched her new video yet? She is totally reading off something! https://youtu.be/1MOl4wa8oJQ?t=3m
This was so cringy. It's pretty much a talking advertisement for Hourglass. "This mascara gives you 400% more volume, a 100 % people saw that it gave them lift to their lashes"

I only keep up with her on here so I was shocked when I saw how thin the skin around her jaw was. Her teeth are so huge and horsey now :o
And I just realized how terrible her grammar is and her limited vocab. Every other word was peachy and "goldy".
she says friggin' and bomb way too often. I think her deteriorating (? ) english skills (was it always this shitty or was she better in 2012?) just goes to show you how lazy and complacent she is. i remember a year ago she made 2 q & a videos maybe a week or two apart and she literally answered the same question in both videos or maybe they were different questions but she gave the same answer (it drives my crazy when people do this). and of course the question was along the lines of how are you so hard working or why are you so driven? I rolled my eyes :roll: of course since her standards of "hard-working" is so low.

Return to “Jenn Im”