Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

lisalisalisa
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Post by lisalisalisa »

Just come on here to say- WOW. The amount of misinformation in part 2 is absolutely bonkers. Did that psychologist (therapist?) even have a license? If so, I hope she loses it - using words like 'gross' and 'creepy' when referring to people with legit personality disorders is absolutely unprofessional. In fact, this type of spreading biased misinformation is so dangerous and adds to the stigma regarding mental illnesses. Shane really fucked up with this - I'm really upset thinking about how many impressionable teens are out there believing this bullshit he's spewing. He never takes his audience and the impact of his voice into account when making content... I despise how much he pretends to be an advocate for mental health when he himself is wildly uneducated and insensitive about it. He's using pop psychology and armchair diagnosing for views and money, not even thinking about the social impact it may have with his huge audience!!! Seems so insidious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

I work with tons of people that provide psychological counseling and social work to clients who have serious personality disorders and major trauma among other things. You would be shocked at how stupid and unqualified some of my coworkers are, even with a degree and professional license. And the total lack of empathy they possess for some of their clients. It’s really upsetting but pretty common. This lady in the video was so unprofessional and I think this whole series is very irrisponsible of Shane.

abrahamlincoln
Debater
Debater

Post by abrahamlincoln »

Saywhat36 wrote:out
Thank you for your perspective! I guess it's like my friend who had severe depression in high school and would self harm. It made me uneasy, but they were going through something and were trying to find their own inner peace. She's doing great now, btw!

surgeryhugs
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by surgeryhugs »

john seeds wife wrote:Image

is he fucking serious?? get off your high horse shane you're a nobody and your "documentaries" fucking suck. you fucking NARCISSIST!

miranda5
Informer
Informer

Post by miranda5 »

I found both videos extremely uninteresting and boring.... the """research""" and the sources are so stupid, it´s like a really bad school project. YT isn´t a reliable source for anything... at least in his previous videos there was a funny element, but this JP thing is just... no.

E_8
Learner
Learner

Post by E_8 »

optative wrote:
E_8 wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>joesantagato</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1045415735701450755</span><span>?</span><span>s</span><span>=</span><span>21</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]

Stans are jumping on him about this. One even said “He’s bringing in more views than you, so...”
I just don’t get how they can’t understand any criticism towards Shane or his videos at all. Also I recommend you all go watch Joe Santagato because he’s hilarious.
what did the tweet say? he deleted it.
Pretty much just said he though today’s video was “too much” and that it felt like he was watching Goosebumps with the music and editing

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

If the next video really is just him watching videos of Jake's family 'fOr rEsEaRcH' & him pretending to have that breakdown then it's truly going to be boring af. Never thought I'd say this but I hope he meets up with Jake soon bc at least he'd make the videos interesting.
:horny: :halo:

ami here
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ami here »

Kati has an older video talking about Antisocial personality disorder and the general vibe is the same as her usual videos so it seems like the newest one was made to just fit into the narrative that Shane wants which is disappointing. I’ve always found her videos pleasant for how unbiased yet compassionate she seemed when talking about mental health :/

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

I've just gotten home from work and have the video on. I'm at the Uber ride to the therapist. Shane keeps using the word "sociopath" over and over again. I hope as I watch that this therapist warns him about diagnosing people when you aren't equipped to.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

bloopz wrote:If the next video really is just him watching videos of Jake's family 'fOr rEsEaRcH' & him pretending to have that breakdown then it's truly going to be boring af. Never thought I'd say this but I hope he meets up with Jake soon bc at least he'd make the videos interesting.
YALL I PREDICTED THIS

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

what’s really got to me is shane must know how problematic this series is because he’s putting out disclaimers everywhere “oh I’m not diagnosing anybody! 100% not! it’s just editing! no harm meant!!” okay you can’t say that and then HEAVILY imply that EXACT thing and throw around misleading information about mental health. he knows this shit is harmful or he wouldn’t have put these disclaimers out and yet he’s continuing because he knows his younger naive fans are going to eat this shit up and he’ll get mad views. this is the most transparent display of his fake and disingenuous behaviour we’ve seen yet.

fair enough if he’s defensive and dismissive about criticism of his over the top editing and dramatic acting but if he dismisses people pointing out the genuine harm that this could cause I’m going to be so disappointed in him.

the only thing he has in common with some documentarians is using all the tricks in the book to manipulate the viewer into a biased point of view

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

what’s really got to me is shane must know how problematic this series is because he’s putting out disclaimers everywhere “oh I’m not diagnosing anybody! 100% not! it’s just editing! no harm meant!!” okay you can’t say that and then HEAVILY imply that EXACT thing and throw around misleading information about mental health. he knows this shit is harmful or he wouldn’t have put these disclaimers out and yet he’s continuing because he knows his younger naive fans are going to eat this shit up and he’ll get mad views. this is the most transparent display of his fake and disingenuous behaviour we’ve seen yet.

fair enough if he’s defensive and dismissive about criticism of his over the top editing and dramatic acting but if he dismisses people pointing out the genuine harm that this could cause I’m going to be so disappointed in him.

the only thing he has in common with some documentarians is using all the tricks in the book to manipulate the viewer into a biased point of view

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

Someone needs to delete Shane's SCARYMOVIE_SOUNDEFFECTS.ZIP file

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

ami here wrote:Kati has an older video talking about Antisocial personality disorder and the general vibe is the same as her usual videos so it seems like the newest one was made to just fit into the narrative that Shane wants which is disappointing. I’ve always found her videos pleasant for how unbiased yet compassionate she seemed when talking about mental health :/

<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>youtu</span><span>.</span><span>be</span><span>/</span><span>VSdyktUjZSI</span></a>
yeah that's one hell of a difference. the other video she made and how she was talking in shane's video really seems out of character for her. i don't get why she would risk her credibility for this mess.

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

I'm sorry, but this Jake Paul series is boring as fuck. The first episode was basically a 40 minute trailer, and now the second one is the same. I want 80 minutes of my life back. Just fucking start already.

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

[tweet][/tweet]

Mukbang818
Talker
Talker

Post by Mukbang818 »

This is the first Shane documentary that is truly terrible. Just dragging on and on. Did this really need to be stretched out to 8 parts? Really terrible pacing

sorealbutsofake
Learner
Learner

Post by sorealbutsofake »

Shane has such a big platform that he can use for good and then he goes and does this shitshow of a series propagating wrong ideas about mental health. Also, instead of reading the critique/constructive criticism he always goes straight to defense mode, very child-like and learns nothing.

ANYWAY...

userunamed
Informer
Informer

Post by userunamed »

brokenheartxd wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>ellenfrantz620</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1045466137935392768</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
lol and as if there aren't already enough psychology majors.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

[tweet][/tweet]

I'm beginning to really dislike Shane, and I really fucking hate his stans. People bring up legit concerns and he get so fucking defensive and then his fans attack that person. The responses are just gross. People telling the guy to mind his own business, telling him to shut up, calling him a hater. These people are absolutely delusional.

Return to “Shane Dawson”