Kalel: Impulsive Boob Job Sponsored by Audible (Part 41)

xoxovic
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalel: Impulsive Boob Job Sponsored by Audible (Part 41)

Post by xoxovic »

She talks about her experience about halfway through the video. The word she used was “sexually coerced”. She says she gave in for the fear that it would then turn into violent rape if she kept resisting. It was a pretty relatable story actually. I can relate to the whole saying no over & over & pushing their hands away as they try to pull down your underwear, and then trying to convince yourself you wanted it to suppress what actually had happened. I think it’s great she’s putting this out there for her viewers, especially the younger ones.

tig3rpaws
Learner
Learner

Post by tig3rpaws »

She starts with the sponsor, that is kinda a therapist-app, that already sponsored her. Saying that she was diagnosed with OCPD, tried therapy for it multiple times, but she has never got along with the therapsits, and she finds it expensive, that's why this app is perfect for her. That's basically the first 3 minutes.

Then she reads some tweets: one from a girl, and responses to the girl's tweet. Then she reads her own tweets about if a woman says no even just once for having sex, and you still forced her to do it, and she gave in, you're a rapist.
Then makes it clear, that she knows that not only men force others to have sex, but this happened to her with men, that's why she tweeted it that way.

And then talks about her experiences. This happened to her 3 times, with guys who weren't her boyfriends. She knew them, and was dating them, or at least getting to know them, but nothing serious yet. And she made the mistake to go back to their places after hanging out at night.
She made it clear to them from the beginning, that she only sleeps with official boyfriends. And she also said no to them, when things were getting to intimate. She said no multiple times, even pushed away their hands' when they were touching her, trying to pull her underwear off of her. Then she eventually gave in. She still didn't say yes to them though.
She says that after these encounters she made herself believe that she enjoyed it, and it was all fine. But a few years later she realised that is wasn't.
She says she was afraid that they might "proper rape" her, if she'd really stood her ground.
She always blamed herself, thinking that she shouldn't have gone to their place, shouldn't have wear a sexy top.

She advises others not to go to someones place, until they're ready to have sex.
And also to not blame yourself if this ever happens of happened to you.

Overall this video really had a purpose. People should talk about this more.
But.... I'd have appreciated it more without the sponsorship.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the summary, I remember that Twitter exchange so I think it's a good idea to film this kind of video with Better help... Alot of YouTubers are promoting them lately so I hope she uses it
I would be so outraged if she was lying for views , even tho she is a pathological liar I don't think she is lying, didn't see the video but alot of girls have similar experiences it's hard for me to question her story

Post by Guest »

I liked her video and I think it was an important thing for her to talk about and get off her chest. Although I did find it distasteful that she put a sponsor on the video even if it is for “better help.” For those wanting a summary, basically as others have said, she talks in the beginning about how she was triggered by a twitter thread of a woman saying coercing women who say no to have sex until they say yes is rape in which people responded saying it’s okay as long as the woman eventually says yes. She then goes on to explain the basic concept that if someone pushes your hands away or says no it means they aren’t interested and that you should not keep asking. She speaks of men though she admits sexual assaults have happened to men she’s just speaking of her experience which she feels is more prevalent bc men are more sexually agressive. Then she says she was coerced into having sex with 3 different guys and those times were the only times she has had sex with men she wasn’t in a relationship with, each time it was with someone she knew and was getting to know better, each time she told them before hand that she won’t have sex outside of a relationship and that she had no interest in sleeping with them, and each time it happened when it was after she went to the guys house late at night thinking they were going to just hangout or watch a movie. She got into details saying she pushed their hands away multiple times and told them she didn’t want to do it but they kept trying and wouldn’t get off of her so she finally would give in because she was scared to yell or be assertive thinking they might react with violence and she thought she wouldn’t be able to handle it if she was “actually raped.” She talks about how she tried to convince herself she liked it or that it was her fault for years because she shouldn’t have dressed sexy or have gone to the guys house late at night. I believe her because you can see the pain in her eyes and her start to well up with tears like she did in the “I’m not happy video.” She says it’s ridiculous but she doesn’t think anyone should go over a guys house at night unless they’re willing to have sex because she doesn’t want it happening to someone else, and she wishes more men watched her channel so they could understand better and to not do anything like this themselves. Overall I think she was truthful and did a good job, I’m actually proud of her.

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Serendipitous »

I also believe her and I feel for her. Until the Me Too movement started I actually had no idea that being coerced into sex was SUCH a common experience amongst women. So I don’t doubt it also happened to her. It sadly happens too often

applesandbananas
Debater
Debater

Post by applesandbananas »

I haven’t watched the video yet but I’m going to believe her. This doesn’t make me like her - I don’t think this is validation for all her lies and shitty behavior in the past. But with that being said, she nor any other woman doesn’t deserve that and I’m sorry that happened to her.

xoxovic
Learner
Learner

Post by xoxovic »

Serendipitous wrote:I also believe her and I feel for her. Until the Me Too movement started I actually had no idea that being coerced into sex was SUCH a common experience amongst women. So I don’t doubt it also happened to her. It sadly happens too often
Same here! I felt so stupid when it happened to me. It shocked me to find out how common this is.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I've gone through the exact same things she has so I really feel for her. It took me a few years to realize that I was coerced and I agree with her.. if I don't want to have sex with a guy, I won't put myself in a situation where it will happen by "going back to his place to watch a movie and hang out". You just never know the guy's intentions and it's really sad we have to so cautious. I always find something to complain about her videos because she always ends up saying something stupid but this video hit the nail on the head and I have no criticisms

0_JinxToMinx_0
Informer
Informer

Post by 0_JinxToMinx_0 »

This is her best video she has ever done as far as I'm concerned (minus her being an actress of unknown ability/fabricating things/etc.) and she's losing more subscribers than ever. :o Based on the comments, you'd think she'd gain a net 2 dozen or so...as of the construction of this post, she's 25 give/take away from dipping back to the 1,960,000s. IDK, maybe there's something we're missing that's unforgivably shitty about the video, or a lot of people are misunderstanding something she's poignantly getting across.

Justadog
Learner
Learner

Post by Justadog »

I do feel for her and I think talking about this topic is a very good thing, but I do think the video was rushed and she says some irresponsible things, possibly because she hasn't come to terms with what happened to her so I'm not even trying to hate on her for it, but with a platform like hers and as a perfectionist I wish she would have been more thoughtful.

For instance, I felt the way she stressed over and over again that it happened three times was a subtle way she was trying to let us know that she has had it worse than others who have only been raped once. (NGL, I do find it suspicious that as someone who has been single for almost no time she had this happen three times in her early 20's, especially when she only told one story and treated it as all three. Like she focused a lot on the pushing the hand away. I do not doubt that this happened and I agree it is rape. But when telling her stories, she would say that she said x, and they said y, and she said x, and they tried to pull off her underwear, and she pushed their hands away, and eventually she gave in. As if the EXACT same thing happened three times with each of them line by line. And again she said this happened in her early 20's, so if anyone has a timeline of her dating history it might shed some light on how quickly these three things happened? Idk. I am inclined to believe any survivor and again I do believe this happened to her, but I trust her so little from her history of lying that I'm inclined to nitpick.)

Another thing is that she never actually said this wasn't my fault. She kept talking about her mistakes, she shouldn't have gone to their house, and ladies don't make that mistake. Again this is very possibly because she hasn't fully accepted it wasn't her fault, but her audience and all of you who relate deserve to hear that it wasn't your mistake or her mistake. Rape has one cause: rapists. We shouldn't be teaching women how not to get raped, we should be teaching men (and women) how not to rape, and unfortunately kalel failed to spread that message and instead actually continually blamed herself and thus her audience of people who have had similar experiences.

rooibostree
Informer
Informer

Post by rooibostree »

Kalel had a high school boyfriend that she dated for 4 years until 2010 when she was 21. A week after they broke up, in October 2010, she dated Anthony for 4 years until 2014 at age 25.

Anthony and Kalel posted their break up video on December 4, 2014. Sometime in February 2015, she made a video called "I'm dating" where she said that she connected with someone, it just "fell into her lap" and talked about taking him to a Sam Smith concert. She dated Alec Rosa from sometime February - December 2015. She spent christmas with Alec's family. She was 26 during this time

On New Years Eve, she met Cyrus. Kalel and Cyrus dated from 2016 on-and-off til 2018. During this time she is 27-29.

Timeline:

High school boyfriend
2006 - October 2010
Kalel is 17-21

Anthony
October 10, 2010 - December 4, 2014
Kalel is 21-25

Alec
February 2015 - December 2015
Kalel is 26

Cyrus
January 2016 - July 2017
October 2017 - late 2017
Early 2018 - July 2018
Kalel is 27-29

That leaves the 1 week she was single before she met Anthony when she was in her "early 20s". If she meant "mid-20s", then she had maybe 2-3 months before Alec. She had probably 1 day before meeting Cyrus.

So if the information that she gave us in the video is correct, then all 3 incidents happened in the 1 week that she was single before she met Anthony? This was the only timeframe that she was single in her "early 20s".

Is 1 incident from her early 20s? Or all 3 of them? Does she actually mean mid-20s when she said early 20s? Something doesnt add up. Like someone said, it seemed like she only talked about 1 incident, and lumped them all together as the same.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

Idk. It might have been in the months before Alec, or maybe she's not entirely... faithful. The only thing that made me sceptical is that this is being put out around the Kavanagh hearings. The #MeToo seemed to be dying down a little, but that made it peak up again. But I don't think that's entirely wrong- this seemed to be a revelation for her, that being coerced doesn't make it consensual, so she put it out when more people are likely to see it. Even if it was once, I still don't think it's a bad video. Her intention (if it was once) could be not great, but the result would be people realising how often this happens. I think it's a good video overall, and a hard one for her to make.

berlinchair
Learner
Learner

Post by berlinchair »

roseau wrote:The only thing that made me sceptical is that this is being put out around the Kavanagh hearings.
If she’s anything like me, it may be that the hearings are triggering the shit out of her. I know that my PTSD has been horrible since that whole thing began - even if you avoid the news, it’s hard to get away from it. :/

berlinchair
Learner
Learner

Post by berlinchair »

roseau wrote:The only thing that made me sceptical is that this is being put out around the Kavanagh hearings.
If she’s anything like me, it may be that the hearings are triggering the shit out of her. I know that my PTSD has been horrible since that whole thing began - even if you avoid the news, it’s hard to get away from it. :/

berlinchair
Learner
Learner

Post by berlinchair »

berlinchair
Learner
Learner

Post by berlinchair »

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

Regarding the last Q&A video, she is so full of herself and delusional. I rolled my eyes so many times throughout that video.
For example, her saying she wanted to house apes in a more modern setting, acting like their natural environment is lacking. Or when one of the questions asked for advice on staying motivated and she said she didn't struggle with that because she loved what she was studying. What a bunch of bs, I also studied biology and I also found it interesting, but that doesn't mean I didn't struggle finding the motivation to keep studying. She's trying to appear like such an intellectual that finds studying and learning so fun.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

LadyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by LadyRed »

berlinchair wrote:
I don't think it's the Kavanagh case hat triggered her. She started a Twitter tirade about it a while back and I remember people speculated it was Cyrus and then she clarified something happened while she and Cyrus were on the breakup. I do think she meant the first incident happened when she in was in her early twenties and the other 2 at some point later. Still, it doesn't leave a lot of room with her dating history. Like, how quickly do you go to someone house after you've met them and are romantically interested in each other (these weren't friends, she clearly said making out was on the table, but not sex). I don't know, this girl does not have a healthy approach to dating as it is.

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Serendipitous »

manu_voo wrote:Regarding the last Q&A video, she is so full of herself and delusional. I rolled my eyes so many times throughout that video.
For example, her saying she wanted to house apes in a more modern setting, acting like their natural environment is lacking. Or when one of the questions asked for advice on staying motivated and she said she didn't struggle with that because she loved what she was studying. What a bunch of bs, I also studied biology and I also found it interesting, but that doesn't mean I didn't struggle finding the motivation to keep studying. She's trying to appear like such an intellectual that finds studying and learning so fun.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
I also thought that answer was obnoxious. Somebody was asking for legitimate advice and you’re going on about how you naturally feel motivated to study because you’re just soOoOo passionate about the subject. Girl shut up lol what an eye roll

mon-lolisa09
Learner
Learner

Post by mon-lolisa09 »

What she says never adds up in the long run.
After she broke up with Anthony, she said in one of her videos (this is my life) that she started dating at age 15, but in another recent video (can't remember which one) she said she started dating at 13. Also in the same video, she said after her first boyfriend, she way single for 6 months before having another boyfriend, but in her #singlelife video she said 4 weeks was the longest she's ever been single.

Return to “Kalel”