Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 14? Find out in 2021

Post by JetpackBlue »

Purple Blood wrote:
hakolbem wrote:Shane “Oprah” Dawson
More like Shane "Poor Man's Oprah" Dawson
More like Shane "I have a hero's complex and will shove money down any new person I meet on camera" Dawson.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

[youtube][/youtube]

:roll: I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes harder at anything before. If Shane and his "documentaries" are the future of youtube, then it's a bleak fucking future. They aren't groundbreaking by ANY means. I wish people would stop inflating his ego and giving them such high praise.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

[tweet][/tweet]

He is so fucking thirsty. One of his minions tweeted at Perez telling him to watch the Jeffree series. He flat out said NO and they continued to tweet at him about it. Then this happened. He's so embarrassing.

Deadhead_kay
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Deadhead_kay »

[H] wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
Finally someone with some common sense
It reminded me so much of Antoni from queer eye honestly.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

poll for the next thread:

surgeryhugs
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by surgeryhugs »

have shane's followers ever seen a REAL documentary?! :rofl: the audacity to call those videos a documentary lmfao what a fucking shit show i can't! :roll:

Deadhead_kay
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Deadhead_kay »

exposer wrote:Jeffree dragged Wendy Williams for her past and 'not supporting the gay community' in 2017, yet he thinks its not okay when people continue to drag him for his past? The hypocrisy is strong. :rofl:
2017 and 53 years of age is pretty late in the game to not support gays and not expect any consequence from it.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Fadyaaa
Learner
Learner

Post by Fadyaaa »

Okay so just to play devils advocate for a second. So i see People saying Shane’s way of filming/editing and just in general the way he goes about things is unprofessional. Have you guys ever thought that it’s completely intentional? Like the whole Andrew giggling, “squad”, shaky filming etcetera. It firstly makes the person being “interviewed” feel at ease. Like it’s just a friend trying to help sort of thing. Do you really thing Jeffree or anyone else would open up to Shane about something so private if he came in with 100 camera men with big cameras and equipment. Was totally serious, just trying to ask questions and get the facts. I can guarantee it wouldn’t go well. His whole thing is that he’s a friend of these people he does series on. Just a youtuber tryng to collab

And with the fans too, it would feel like for them that they’re hanging out with Shane and Jeffree as a friend rather then a viewer behind a screen.

I’m not sure if im putting my point across well is that I personally think Shane should just keep on doing what he’s doing. If he suddenly started to become professional, hiring a real camera crew, producers, editors and started to behave really serious. It wouldn’t come across as very genuine and he would look money and fame hungry.

shortcake1111
Informer
Informer

Post by shortcake1111 »

^^ I think you're right about why it works for Shane and YouTube. I just think he needs to humble himself and realize this is not on-par with actual documentaries where thorough research and professionalism are key. He's making entertaining YouTube videos, which is cool and works for him! But all of these people (cough sycophants) blowing smoke up his ass and calling his work an aMaZiNg documentary ... it's like comparing a home movie edited on iMovie to... [idk, insert your favorite blockbuster movie here].

supremeb1tch
Learner
Learner

Post by supremeb1tch »

I honestly enjoyed his videos quite a lot until the graveyardgirl VLOGS, I lost interest in them because of how much he dragged that one out for literally no reason???? Since then everything in the videos annoys me and I can’t stand how much they all play up for the camera. Makes me cringe every time I see him or anyone refer to his videos as documentaries :roll:

Alexxa_55
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Alexxa_55 »

Cliff notes of the podcast with Jeffree. J talked a bit about his music and company background. Shane brought up the drama that happened at warped tour and how people tried to spit on J and assault him. He said people wanted him to make him look bad. Shane then brought up akon and the "dark" side of the music industry. Jeffree said signing to him was the biggest mistake of his career. He stated that he helped start nikki minaj's career after a song they did together... lol he said that a lot of rappers p**** have been in his mouth. He said rappers have told him that if he tells anyone they would kill him. They talked about him shipping for other brands and bands/rappers in his warehouse. He said he was scared to do a house tour due to privacy reasons. YouTube is his lowest form of income. J said the brand is worth multi million dollars.

sanic-uvx
Debater
Debater

Post by sanic-uvx »

I just think this podcast thing is so vile because he knows exactly that what he's doing is wrong and dishonest. Making surprised faces and acting like you didn't know about most things and trying to erase the evidence just shows that you have no integriety and no respect for your audience. Maybe from a business perspective it's a smart move (even though the truth is going to come out anyway so it's damaging in the long run) but this image he is presenting that he is honest and real comes off as even more disingenuous than before when things like this come out. I see his true self more and more now and it's not pretty.

Lottis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lottis »

I realize this is slightly off-topic, but it does tie in to Shane's constant complaining about editing and such. Markiplier recently published a video that was very well produced and he said it wasn't too hard to put together. In fact, he said it only took him three days to edit, three days to film it, and about a week and a half to plan it. It just really highlighted Shane's absolute laziness for me. What Shane thinks is "documentary" level content is nowhere close to the quality of Mark's skits, honestly, it's embarrassing.

orangetasticgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by orangetasticgirl »

supremeb1tch wrote:I honestly enjoyed his videos quite a lot until the graveyardgirl VLOGS, I lost interest in them because of how much he dragged that one out for literally no reason???? Since then everything in the videos annoys me and I can’t stand how much they all play up for the camera. Makes me cringe every time I see him or anyone refer to his videos as documentaries :roll:
His graveyard girl series rubbed me the wrong way a lot. I felt like his savior complex was really shining through and like, as someone who genuinely enjoyed graveyardgirl and her personality/video style/how she tried to upload at least something everyday even if it was only a tea vlog, hearing shane tell her to be more like his channel; to post more edited things & post less often, when the time I most enjoyed Shane was when he made his crazier "trying girl products" etc. videos and uploaded every day. Like I enjoyed his longer series in the beginning before graveyardgirl, but I wished he'd put up a fun video every now and then to hold us over & show that actually funny & fun-loving side of himself again. Now hardly any of his videos seem genuine and are all either to milk for views or try to get us on board with his friends so he can publicly stan them (tana/jeffree/jake paul)

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

Fadyaaa wrote:Okay so just to play devils advocate for a second. So i see People saying Shane’s way of filming/editing and just in general the way he goes about things is unprofessional. Have you guys ever thought that it’s completely intentional? Like the whole Andrew giggling, “squad”, shaky filming etcetera. It firstly makes the person being “interviewed” feel at ease. Like it’s just a friend trying to help sort of thing. Do you really thing Jeffree or anyone else would open up to Shane about something so private if he came in with 100 camera men with big cameras and equipment. Was totally serious, just trying to ask questions and get the facts. I can guarantee it wouldn’t go well. His whole thing is that he’s a friend of these people he does series on. Just a youtuber tryng to collab

And with the fans too, it would feel like for them that they’re hanging out with Shane and Jeffree as a friend rather then a viewer behind a screen.

I’m not sure if im putting my point across well is that I personally think Shane should just keep on doing what he’s doing. If he suddenly started to become professional, hiring a real camera crew, producers, editors and started to behave really serious. It wouldn’t come across as very genuine and he would look money and fame hungry.
nobody would be commenting about it if Shane himself didn’t retweet and reply to every tweet saying “GIVE SHANE A NETFLIX/TV SHOW! HIS DOCUMENTARIES ARE BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON NETFLIX!” when, as you said, they’re no where near that level due to that very fact that a YouTube video is more personal and less professional. so him and his fans are out here calling these videos documentaries when they’re no where near that level of professionalism, that’s why people are commenting about the quality and how it’s doesn’t match up to a documentary standard, if that makes sense? he can’t have it both ways, he can’t make an informal series of videos with one camera and amateur filmmaking AND then agree that these are serious documentaries that are mainstream TV show quality. it doesn’t match up and that’s why people are criticising it in that way.

I totally agree that the reason youtube is great is because it’s independent and informal and that can be great at putting interviewees at ease, as you said, but you gotta label them as what they are, just that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

melissa1983 wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

He is so fucking thirsty. One of his minions tweeted at Perez telling him to watch the Jeffree series. He flat out said NO and they continued to tweet at him about it. Then this happened. He's so embarrassing.
Why are people (including Shane) saying shit about how he shouldn't tweet about the series if he doesn't like it when from what I've seen, he's only replying to other people tagging him in tweets telling him to watch it? I mean, I know they're all out of touch with reality, but are they *that* out of touch?

And that Julia chick needs to chill the fuck out, Jesus Christ

Sent from my CPH1719 using Tapatalk

Justheretoread
Learner
Learner

Post by Justheretoread »

Wait, is it me or was one of Jeffree's assistants the same girl from Shane's podcast? If it was why didn't shane acknowledge her in some way?
English isn't my first language!

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

Justheretoread wrote:Wait, is it me or was one of Jeffree's assistants the same girl from Shane's podcast? If it was why didn't shane acknowledge her in some way?
She isn't Jeffree's assistant, was just hanging out with them. She just "produces" some of Shane's videos.

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

Return to “Shane Dawson”