ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

ayayadrienne
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

Post by ayayadrienne »

Chris' beard literally looks like pubes are growing out of his face.

That's all I could look at in the macaron video.

FevrierCat
Learner
Learner

Post by FevrierCat »

Handwashing... Literally. Literally. Literally.

BUT LITERALLY.

SDkflsdkf;ldskf;lskfs Stop. For the love of God, stop using that word. Those were the things that stood out in this video for me.

littlewing
Learner
Learner

Post by littlewing »

Her hands look scary in the new cooking video. Do you think is it psoriasis or did Sueezie do it?

I used to be entertained by her but now she just gets on my nerves. Every cooking video is the EXACT same thing. The handwashing was okay the first time, but she is, to steal her phrase, beating a dead horse. Also, that voice that she does is not funny at all.

littlewing
Learner
Learner

Post by littlewing »

Oh, also, "150 mL of cream, but for all you Americans, 3/4 of a cup." RACHEL - YOU ARE AMERICAN.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

ayayadrienne wrote:Chris' beard literally looks like pubes are growing out of his face.

I think he's kind of gross looking in general, but he's one of those guys that should really REALLY not try to grow facial hair.

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

Does it bother anyone else when she screenshots HERSELF and puts it on her tumblr?
Like when she makes a "witty" comment on tumblr or YouTube she'll post it on tumblr so everyone can laugh at how "hilarious" she is. I think doing that just makes her look tacky and lame IMO.

Also this is just a small thing and most people probably wouldn't even notice but it really bugs me when she'll make a post and one person will reply with something and she'll make a separate post like "Oh you guys [insert comment regarding what the one person said]" as if several people commented saying that instead of just the one. It seems like she's trying to pretend more people are replying/actually care than they do. But maybe that's just me.

bewtgooru
Learner
Learner

Post by bewtgooru »

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
ayayadrienne wrote:Chris' beard literally looks like pubes are growing out of his face.

I think he's kind of gross looking in general, but he's one of those guys that should really REALLY not try to grow facial hair.
I agree. I think he is so unattractive. But the pubes-beard comment makes me laugh.

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 »

When are people going to realize that she's not funny? I don't subscribe to her anymore, but I wanted to watch the macaron video cause the facial pubes comment made me laugh (his beard does look like a hairy crotch). I did not even crack a smile once until she stupidly broke the cookie while pressing it. And it wasn't even a "haha that was funny, she was funny!" type of laugh... it was a "haha, what a fucking idiot" laugh. Her schtick is old as hell

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

bewtgooru wrote:
TheSnarkPalette wrote:

I agree. I think he is so unattractive. But the pubes-beard comment makes me laugh.
Maybe it's just me being a germaphobe but just by looking and them and the messy way they live I get this feeling they smell bad. Their apartment consistently looks disgusting and I get the feeling from some of her posts that she doesn't shower regularly (and Chris always looks homeless so same goes for him).

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

THE STUPID HAND WASHING CLIP. Ughhhh, I can't stand it. It was kind of funny the very first time but now I just want to throw something every time she uses it.

I like how in the start she's going on about the difference between macarOOns and a macarOn, then when someone points out she said macaroon at some point in the video she gets all snarky. Also, I saw one of you say how Chris' beard looks like pubes before I watched and then that was all I could look at and think of when he was on camera. I never thought of it before but now I see it lol

Oh, and her hands. I have cats and the scratches I get on my hands after playing with them look just like what was on Rachel's hands so it probably was Squeezie. I try not to let my cats play too hard with my hand because it does look pretty unattractive!

FevrierCat
Learner
Learner

Post by FevrierCat »

She's making me really agitated. I know this sounds terrible (and if you're reading this, and you're having issues in any part of your life, please try to get help.) BUT, I feel like she's sort of abusing this depression bit. She makes bitchy replies/comments to people on Tumblr all the time, and then the next day she's all "God my life is so terrible, poor me. Why do people hate me? Why are people so mean to me." etc. etc. etc.

Idk, Maybe I'm taking this a little too far but it just seems like when she starts getting negative feedback, she throws up the fact that she's seeing a therapist. Like she's using therapy as an excuse to be rude to people.

I edited because I accidentally a word.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

FevrierCat wrote:She's making me really agitated. I know this sounds terrible (and if you're reading this, and you're having issues in any part of your life, please try to get help.) BUT, I feel like she's sort of abusing this depression bit. She makes bitchy replies/comments to people on Tumblr all the time, and then the next day she's all "God my life is so terrible, poor me. Why do people hate me? Why are people so mean to me." etc. etc. etc.

Idk, Maybe I'm taking this a little too far but it just seems like when she starts getting negative feedback, she throws up the fact that she's seeing a therapist. Like she's using therapy as an excuse to be rude to people.

I have depression and anxiety, and I completely agree with this. She's one of those people that milk it to fuck. That is not only harmful for her reputation, but for everyone else with depression as well, because we're all branded as attention seekers the minute we say we have it. :roll:

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

HattieChaos wrote:
FevrierCat wrote:She's making me really agitated. I know this sounds terrible (and if you're reading this, and you're having issues in any part of your life, please try to get help.) BUT, I feel like she's sort of abusing this depression bit. She makes bitchy replies/comments to people on Tumblr all the time, and then the next day she's all "God my life is so terrible, poor me. Why do people hate me? Why are people so mean to me." etc. etc. etc.

I have depression and anxiety, and I completely agree with this. She's one of those people that milk it to fuck. That is not only harmful for her reputation, but for everyone else with depression as well, because we're all branded as attention seekers the minute we say we have it. :roll:
I totally agree with this. I had a friend who was just like her. The treating everyone like shit and then turning it around wondering why everyone hates her and then she would blame it on her bipolar disorder. I simply suggested to her once that she should be greatful for the people that are in her life that love her instead of focusing on the negative and the bombardement i got of "how dare you" was enough to get rid of her. I was clinically diagnosed by a doctor for depression and anxiety and there's nothing I hate more then those make us all look like attention seeking whores on our periods.

Bl00p
Learner
Learner

Post by Bl00p »

tamithomas wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:

I totally agree with this. I had a friend who was just like her. The treating everyone like shit and then turning it around wondering why everyone hates her and then she would blame it on her bipolar disorder. I simply suggested to her once that she should be greatful for the people that are in her life that love her instead of focusing on the negative and the bombardement i got of "how dare you" was enough to get rid of her. I was clinically diagnosed by a doctor for depression and anxiety and there's nothing I hate more then those make us all look like attention seeking whores on our periods.
Agreed. I actually used to be a lot like Rachel in that regard--blaming all my faults on my depression and anxiety and generally taking the easy road. But now that I'm older, it just seems so immature. Everyone's entitled to some bad days, and I get that. But when you put yourself out there, you're going to get negative feedback, no matter how cool you are. I'm not saying she deserves it (although she might), but it's unfortunately a reality. *shakes head* I hate the "holier-than-thou" attitude she has about depression, as if she's some sort of expert on suffering.

urbantriangle07
Learner
Learner

Post by urbantriangle07 »

How fuckin rude...? Image

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

urbantriangle07 wrote:How fuckin rude...? Image
That's just conceited.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

I love how in her macarons video she's like "We use a sifter for the egg whites because we aren't master chefs" when dividing the egg white is literally not hard at all. I doing that when I was 13, and I wasn't a master chef at all.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Kelleyfosho wrote:I love how in her macarons video she's like "We use a sifter for the egg whites because we aren't master chefs" when dividing the egg white is literally not hard at all. I doing that when I was 13, and I wasn't a master chef at all.

I had no idea they even MADE something to separate eggs for you. Any 8 year old helping their grandma make brownies out of a box can do that.

Kelleyfosho
Talker
Talker

Post by Kelleyfosho »

TheSnarkPalette wrote:
Kelleyfosho wrote:I love how in her macarons video she's like "We use a sifter for the egg whites because we aren't master chefs" when dividing the egg white is literally not hard at all. I doing that when I was 13, and I wasn't a master chef at all.

I had no idea they even MADE something to separate eggs for you. Any 8 year old helping their grandma make brownies out of a box can do that.
me either lol, I thought it was kind of sad when I saw it.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I can't crack eggs. :P I can't do a lot of things, like using keys properly and I even struggle with shoe laces. My doctor thinks I have some sort of disorder but we're not really sure yet. Anyway point is - thanks to that sort of stuff, I really struggle to cook. But the thing is, I would then never make cooking videos and act like I'm so bloody great at it - because I know I'm not, evident by my lack of ability to do these simple tasks, I just can't seem to work with my hands properly. So beats me why Rachel thinks she's top notch. In every Chrachel Cooks, there's always SOMETHING really pathetic that she keeps on not doing right, and it's so aggravating to see this when she's pretending to be all high and mighty about it.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”