Ryland Adams

Post by bushph »

Separate topic for Shane’s “boujee” boyfriend Ryland :FU:

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Ryland Adams

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Lmao. I love how they addressed that, but I never was bothered by it but I kinda get where people are coming from. I don’t see a problem with it but I do think it’s too much. Especially with his comments about how he only drink La Croix. Like we get it. You drink La Croix you’re better than the rest of us.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hippo »

I don't know if you've heard, but he's just "so nice" since he started wearing Gucci and driving a G Wagon dating Shane.

Post by Guest »

<3

moonmoon44
Learner
Learner

Post by moonmoon44 »

Wait is La Croix supposed to be fancy? Our Dollar Tree has liter bottles of it lol. Ryland oughta get a brand deal from them though, because he's made me want to try some.

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

:love2:

Post by Guest »

I am 50/50 on liking Ryland, I loved his calmer less played up side, I hate the overextended version of himself.
I will say it was nice that he did address the comments about him. Maybe he’s not as much of an airhead as I thought he had gotten..

E_8
Learner
Learner

Post by E_8 »

I do appreciate Ryland addressing the comments, but I wish all the “squad” members would realize that they’re way more fun and entertaining when they’re not playing these “characters.”

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Lol at him trying to compare his on screen character to Nicole and Paris on The Simple Life. He's completely missed the mark on emulating that.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

<3
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

moonmoon44 wrote:Wait is La Croix supposed to be fancy? Our Dollar Tree has liter bottles of it lol. Ryland oughta get a brand deal from them though, because he's made me want to try some.
No, not really. La Croix is actually perfect for him because it's whole brand is basically tongue-in-cheek trying to be boujee when it's not and they're the anti-Perrier. They lean into the French thing, but it's an American company named after a river in Wisconsin.

In my experience, it's slightly more expensive than other Seltzer brands (especially since flavored seltzer has really gone main stream and almost every bottled water brand is coming out with carbonated stuff), but there are actual brands of sparkling water that are comparatively quite expensive and La Croix is not one of them.

Although I don't know how he and Garrett drink those coconut flavored La Croix because it tastes like fizzy suntan lotion. They have a lot of good flavors, but that's not one of them.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

E_8 wrote:I do appreciate Ryland addressing the comments, but I wish all the “squad” members would realize that they’re way more fun and entertaining when they’re not playing these “characters.”
I don’t think they are acting though. I genuinely think that this is how they are with or without the camera around. You can tell Morgan’s a go with the flow doesn’t give a crap kind of person. Dylan’s is for sure the stereotypical LA boy. even when he was newly introduced to Shane’s channel, it was during one of Shane’s eating fest videos where he tested Taco Bell around the world and made Ryland try a Cheetos filled quesadilla. Dylan’s came in with a Starbucks cup that Shane joked about and Ryland was like I just went to yoga with that sort of boujee attitude. So I definitely believe that Eyland is a stereotypical LA gay. Even when he was on Clevver. He just had that aura to him. So I definitely believe that that’s how he is. I do think he amps it up for the camera and I don’t think he would make big deals about his Gucci slides as much of the fact that he has a G wagon. He also picked up the “sis” and “tea” slang from James Charles whom they have collared with a few times and I assume they are friendly.

Also if you watch Garrett’s videos you know that he is just a cute, innocent, genuine, nerd. The guy lives in a tiny house and has more Harry Potter memorabilia than the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So you know that these people are being true but just over glorified and I think it works in their group dynamics which is why I love them so much. Like they are everything you want in a squad. At least for me anyways.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Sorry for the double post but I just saw the fizzy suntan lotion comment and omg yes!! I personally don’t like the coconut flavor but I think that that’s the most mainstream flavor. I personally don’t like La Croix unless it’s the tall cans. Cantaloupe flavor is really good and there’s a strawberry one too I liked. But the single flavors are just okay. The idea was to be a soda type beverage without the calories and sugar and the benefits of water. So it became popular among the LA crowd where body image is so mainstream. I figured it was just the Starbucks of sparkling water, not cheap but not expensive, easily accessible and not so mainstream that it still kinda says “I’m boujee and spend way too much money on water”

I had this argument with someone else because they claimed that Voss water was a statement water and I had never though that at all. It’s a more expensive bottle of water compared to stuff like Aquafina and Dasani. Bottles run between $2-3 depending on size. But in comparison, I didn’t think it was that much more pricey than any other bottle water so I didn’t see it as a statement of “I’m so rich I only drink expensive water.” Like it doesn’t have that same Evian feel to it.

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

<3

Post by Guest »

Finally. He gets on my last nerve...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

moonmoon44
Learner
Learner

Post by moonmoon44 »

Ok, I actually really enjoyed his new video. More than most of the others in the past few months. You could tell he was toning down his persona and just being real. It's nice he admitted to being uncomfortable wearing the Gucci outfit, rather than the way he acted over his slides when he first got them.

Also it's just nice to see someone do a true comparison of Walmart VS expensive clothes just in general. I'm semi "into" fashion (in other words I watch What Not To Wear and read the fashion subs on Reddit) and I get soooo tired of people bashing Walmart. It's pretty much all that's ever been available in my town and I never see what the big deal is. The inside of that Gucci hoodie was absurd. Like, what the actual fuck? You can just tell that it has the texture of sweatpants from 2002 that have been in your mom's closet for the past decade. There's no reason it should cost more than $50. If people want to buy Gucci that's fine, but $1250 is out of this world crazy and I'm glad Ryland exposed that.

triptocaine
Debater
Debater

Post by triptocaine »

<3 :tu:
Sorry for my bad english

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

I don't mind him that much in general, and I don't care much about how he acts about money. But the one thing I absolutely cannot stand is him thinking he is soo sexy. When he does that one face and the dance he always does. Twerking, putting his arms up, showing his body. He literally thinks he is the hottest thing ever and he really isn't. It makes me cringe so hard and I can't believe no one ever told him to cut it out. He is just embarrassing himself.
- english is not my first language -

ancermet
Informer
Informer

Post by ancermet »

La Croix is not that fancy, sparkling water is just a poor mans mineral water tbh. Sparkling is so harsh on the mouth i dont understand how people can only drink it.

Yeah, i also miss him genuine vlogs where he wasnt trying to play it up, diva Ryland is doing nothing for me.
english is my first language, im just lazy.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Skyr wrote:I don't mind him that much in general, and I don't care much about how he acts about money. But the one thing I absolutely cannot stand is him thinking he is soo sexy. When he does that one face and the dance he always does. Twerking, putting his arms up, showing his body. He literally thinks he is the hottest thing ever and he really isn't. It makes me cringe so hard and I can't believe no one ever told him to cut it out. He is just embarrassing himself.
He was cute until he shaved off all the hair... that was a sad day. But i agree there’s a fine line between confident and cocky and he is borderline cocky

Return to “Shane Dawson”