It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans - Part 5

iammoonmoon
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans

Post by iammoonmoon »

So ltl ftp all that jazz and I have a few things to say. Sorry for the long post! I’ll be directing some stuff to Carrie cause people here seem to suspect she reads this site.

1) on the subject of criticism: I know how hard it can be to take criticism. I work in a creative industry similar to Carrie’s and I pour my entire soul into my work. So I understand that criticism can make you feel like absolute shit. However, one thing that helped me was going to university and learning how to truly look at all works through a critical lens. I can look at my own work now and say, “Well that was a bit shit. Maybe we should do that part differently.” Because I had been taught how to do that. Carrie needs to learn that criticism is actually your friend when you are in this line of work, because you can take that and MAKE YOURSELF BETTER. She desperately needs to learn how to apply critical thinking to herself and her work if she doesn’t want to rest on her laurels of social media fame and ride that train for the few years that she will be relevant.

This leads me to 2) SCHOOL WOULD REALLY BENEFIT YOU CARRIE. Before I went to school I was talented in the field I am in. I was really quite good. But I was not skilled. There is a huge difference between talent (not worked for) and skill (worked hard to gain). You will never get better at what you do unless you hone that raw talent, practice every day, and receive criticism from people who know how to critique you in a way that will help you improve yourself.

3) lastly on that goddamn “being a heather” quote. You don’t understand the point of the film Heathers at least. Idk if they butchered the musics production so bad that it completely distorted the original meaning of the film, but Veronica is not a hero. She is not a nice person. She is not a Disney princess. She is fucked up and selfish and has many other terrible traits and you are not playing her correctly from both what I have seen and what I’ve heard of the show that doesn’t come from your fan base. The Heathers are not the villains in the film. On top of that I don’t remember who posted it but someone in this thread said that your behavior right now is exactly like that of a Heather and I completely agree. Sending your fans to attack THE FEW who openly criticize you is a real Heather move. Ignoring your adoring fans in favour of your critics is a real Heather move.

Lastly I used to be a fan of you, but this behavior over the last few years is too frustrating to deal with. You are not above criticism, or learning, or anything else.

Also on the subject of “working too hard”: I would like to point her to one of my favourite things on YouTube, Critical Role, specifically the cast member Matt Mercer. For those unfamiliar, it’s a D&D show where voice actors ply a campaign made by Matt Mercer. Anyway firstly, D&D is super time consuming, especially if you are a dungeon master. You spend hours and hours creating a story for your players, which involved often creating cities, lore surrounding the areas, basically creating an entire world down to the minutia (if you’re a great DM which Matt is) and then spend 4 hours a week playing. On top of this, these voice actors work is like a regular day job, and they hone their craft regularly to make sure they are doing the best job possible (they work on games like The Last of Us, Shadow of War, etc). They also go to conventions practically every week, which involves them flying out insanely early in the morning after working late into the evening. Matt himself has written a book for his d&d world, and produced a lot of extra content to do with it. Most of all, they appreciate their fans so so much, constantly thanking them, tweeting them, showing the community the love they deserve because they understand they wouldn’t be able to play this game (which they love) without them, AND they take criticism (which when it comes from the toxic gaming dudebros that want to gatekeep their community is way harsher than anything Carrie has ever received). All of this basically to say that Carrie’s excuses are so pathetic in my eyes when I see how hard some people who actually love their jobs work. (I’m not trying to promo critical role btw I have nothing to do with the show I just love it)

EDIT: this was supposed to be posted after another post lol fuck
EDIT2: ok I added the other post I made to this post
Last edited by iammoonmoon on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excuse typos I’m probably on mobile

Katiek1218
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Katiek1218 »

Although I seriously want to believe she’s made this up / exaggerated it massively I’m starting to wonder if it does make sense?

Hear me out, for example the whole showmance with Oliver as soon as they broke up, shoving him in everyone’s faces, going on and on about the kissing on stage, maybe she didn’t feel bad doing any of that bcoz of how Pete was? I thought it was soo disrespectful when she was doing all of this fresh out of a relationship but maybe she just didn’t feel like she owed him anything. Through all of the Oliver bullshit Pete still seemed to support her and maybe that’s why? I’m still not condoning this at all, just a thought.

Equally maybe Pete is just genuinely a nice person and carry is just a showy person and that’s all there is to it. Weird to think about now.

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

Katiek1218 wrote:Although I seriously want to believe she’s made this up / exaggerated it massively I’m starting to wonder if it does make sense?

Hear me out, for example the whole showmance with Oliver as soon as they broke up, shoving him in everyone’s faces, going on and on about the kissing on stage, maybe she didn’t feel bad doing any of that bcoz of how Pete was? I thought it was soo disrespectful when she was doing all of this fresh out of a relationship but maybe she just didn’t feel like she owed him anything. Through all of the Oliver bullshit Pete still seemed to support her and maybe that’s why? I’m still not condoning this at all, just a thought.

Equally maybe Pete is just genuinely a nice person and carry is just a showy person and that’s all there is to it. Weird to think about now.
I feel the same. I don't really want to/slightly can't believe it and at the same time I'm thinking: well, if it was so hard and all you're saying now is basically "f–– you", as she did in the vlog, why don't you really talk about it? Why don't you call it by its name? But of course it's possible. Everything you mention here could be possible.

She also talks about standing up for yourself. About telling one's opinion and, when it comes down to it, saying no. Something she says she never did and now regrets.
So how can she judge the people simply expressing their opinions? "Hey, look at why Heathers [which I completely misunderstood] is so important to me, and it is so important to others as well and it is oh so moving that all the seventeen year olds are clutching each other sobbing, so if you don't like it, please just don't say it" – how can she be serious?
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

Einhorn_two
Debater
Debater

Post by Einhorn_two »

So I just watched her vlog and I honestly don't know what to say. If Pete was violent then I do feel incredibly sorry for her. However, it is not ok to just put out a claim like that and seeing Carrie in her videos and how she interacts with people, I often feel like she has to control her surroundings. I don't want to judge her relationships but in my opinion, it often creates problems when a partner moves in with his someone special and they don't make the place, their place. In the end, Pete moved into Carrie's flat and it stayed Carries flat throughout. It was Carrie's place she felt comfortable in, but that doesn't necessarily mean he felt comfortable there, too. I don't want to speculate, just my two cents. I also believe, if you start bringing up that topic you either spill everything or leave it out and I find it deeply problematic that Carrie uses her roles to deal with that stuff if that all happened. It is not healthy and if she really feels how she described in the video she should seek professional help. I also believe she would benefit in not being in a relationship for a while to truly find herself.
And to conclude, it really makes me angry how she tries to diminish different opinions. Under that West End Live video was one that said she was fat. All the others criticised her performance in means of acting and accent and that her portrayal of the character is off and not how it should be. Of course it is under a video she starred in and of course, it is not pleasant to read that about you and people don't like your performance but she has to realize that not everything is Disney and positive and dancing through life. In school, we were always encouraged to also point out stuff we didn't like or that we interpret differently and being an adult also means that you're sometimes wrong. But claiming everyone with a slightly negative opinion is wrong is just dangerous. Negative opinions and criticism are needed to get better and change things how they are currently running. And no I'm not going to keep my opinion to myself just because you don't want to hear it. Carrie said if I have to share my negative opinion, I should do so with my mother- Only she wouldn't get what I am talking about. This whole argument is so stupid. Everybody has a valid opinion and has the right to be heard and if you can't deal with that - that's your problem. Carrie is actively searching for negative comments - I didn't see Heather McNamara's actress commenting when someone said they hated her voice. Carrie is the only one who does that and calls her friends and fans to fire against everybody. That makes her the biggest "Heather" and part of the problem.
Also if I hear one more time that Heathers or Veronica is about being beautiful and rays of sunshine and kindness I honestly don't know what I'd do. Of course, everybody has a different take on a character but that interpretation is so far off that I can't understand how this production is directed by the same director that did the off-broadway run.
Hope that my outburst wasn't too much and I wish everyone a nice day <3

Post by Guest »

thoughts on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

holly golightly wrote:Sometimes I wish I could wipe from my memory that Carrie has social media other than youtube because I find her 100% more tolerable in her videos, yes even when she's at her most shouty and preachy, but she's completely insufferable on twitter and Instagram :roll:

Just watch her make a whole video about the response to her Veronica performance though, now I've said that haha! :rofl:
Okay. I retract my previous statement. She's now insufferable on all platforms after this video.

Sometimes I really hate being right :roll:

Post by Guest »

How much do you want to bet that when her minions start attacking Pete she'll backtrack and claim that 'she never named names' and will give a condescending big sister speech about how you shouldn't jump to conclusions, knowing full well she is the one who has been fuelling the fire. I'm so done with her.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I always stand with victims so I won’t distrust Carrie’s word this time. From all she said (the timing of the abusive boyfriend being the one she dated after Alex Day and the fact that he was the only one who lived with her in her flat) it does seem that the abusive boyfriend was Pete. It’s a shame as he seemed such a nice, supportive guy but it’s true that we only see what they film. I understand that they didn’t want to talk about the “real reason” of their breakup in their original statement, and maybe Carrie hasn’t been able to realise his abuse until now? Idk I don’t think this is a topic we should gossip about.

Post by Guest »

kofi wrote:I always stand with victims so I won’t distrust Carrie’s word this time. From all she said (the timing of the abusive boyfriend being the one she dated after Alex Day and the fact that he was the only one who lived with her in her flat) it does seem that the abusive boyfriend was Pete. It’s a shame as he seemed such a nice, supportive guy but it’s true that we only see what they film. I understand that they didn’t want to talk about the “real reason” of their breakup in their original statement, and maybe Carrie hasn’t been able to realise his abuse until now? Idk I don’t think this is a topic we should gossip about.
It's true that it's a sensitive subject but that's what makes Carrie's handling of it so gross. I think that's what we're really gossiping about

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

I haven't watched the video, but I find talking about an abusive/dysfunctional relationship in terms of a character being really....odd? I can't quite explain it but if I was going to discuss someone's behaviour, I'd describe it, not compare them to a fictional character who just so happens to be in the musical you're currently performing in.

Also, where did "Kingston" come from with Pete and when did he change names?

justso
Lurker
Lurker

Post by justso »

fgururu wrote: Also, where did "Kingston" come from with Pete and when did he change names?
I don't know where Kingston comes from, but he changed it April 19th. Made an announcement on twitter, saw it just now when I was checking it out. It is just a stage name though.

Pidge266
Learner
Learner

Post by Pidge266 »

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but there is now audio of every song on YouTube. Here’s the first -

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

I miss this girl so much.
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

iammoonmoon
Talker
Talker

Post by iammoonmoon »

I can’t get over her Veronica accent my god. Just again the worst thing is that she can get coached for things like this!! Carrie wth??!
Excuse typos I’m probably on mobile

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

justso wrote:
fgururu wrote: Also, where did "Kingston" come from with Pete and when did he change names?
I don't know where Kingston comes from, but he changed it April 19th. Made an announcement on twitter, saw it just now when I was checking it out. It is just a stage name though.
I think either he wanted a more fancy sounding stage name or there was already a Peter Bucknall in the actors union so he had to change it for that, which is pretty common.

Einhorn_two
Debater
Debater

Post by Einhorn_two »

LaFleche wrote:

I miss this girl so much.
Me too. It's like watching a completely different person. Watching the newest West end live in contrast to this is just shocking

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

She's liking every comment even in really long reply chains whenever they mention the violent ex maybe being Pete, which means she's also definitely seeing the replies before those ones that point out that she's doing exactly that. She must be trolling with this at this point?

I won't doubt what she's said, not at all, it's important to bring attention to situations like this and to listen to victims without judgement, but the way she's going about it is really shady and it's just plain inconsistent. If you don't want to go into it and name names, then do exactly that. Don't go round liking every comment that refers to him while pretending you're still on the moral high ground because "well technically, I didn't say his name". It's juvenile, attention seeking and downright irresponsible.

Domestic abuse is a serious issue and she's treating it like it's a little game.

Post by Guest »

Yeah she's "loving" comments of people saying they've unsubbed from him so she's clearly a fan of harming his career without properly addressing the situation. She probably does not want to expand on the situation because she's loving people jumping to the worst conclusions. I'm not here for sheltering abusers, but as I said before, we don't understand the situation because she didn't properly address it. For all we know, they were MUTUALLY shitty to each other and it was a MUTUALLY toxic relationship. We just don't know.

Post by Guest »

Someone commented "Carrie is implying that you were a domestic abuser in her latest video, jsyk" on Pete's latest video and it has 5 likes

Post by Guest »

Okay she did somewhat clarify

"SJ Hello everyone. Firstly thank you for the concern and kind words or support. It’s a difficult subject for me still because it’s only recently that I’ve really accepted what was going on within my most recent relationship and giving it the label of “domestic violence” still feels too real and too scary for me which is why I didn’t talk about it in depth in this video and probably won’t for a while. I also didn’t name names for people who wouldn’t know who it is because I do feel that the person in question is seeking the help needed and is capable of change but I have purposely distanced myself as a result of the relationship. However, I do want to put people’s minds at rest and let people know that I was never physically harmed. It was all property damage and obviously there was a lot of emotional damage done too which is still present today as some of the things in my flat never got fixed and those reminders are there daily. I’m in a much happier relationship now but I still feel it’s important to slowly start talking about these things to open up a conversation about serious topics in the hope it helps others open up too and speak out against it. Thank you again for you love. It means a lot. Xxx"

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”