Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Post by pyroclitoral »

PiinkFart wrote:
pyroclitoral wrote:
RenaiHunter wrote:Anyone else feeling sexual tension between Morgan and Andrew?
No but Shane is obviously gonna end up with Morgan and Garrett will (I can only dream) end up with Andrew.
This is real life, where entire friend groups don’t end up dating and fucking each other. Take this bs back to tumblr fanfics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, if they want to turn their life into a reality show, then I'm gonna treat it like a reality show.

Post by Guest »

PiinkFart wrote:
MineDressFearless wrote:I think we should get Morgan some slack. I am sure she didn't mean any harm by doing that (except getting more views ofc) and she's fairly new to the youtube game. She probably didn't imagine that it would offend people. I'm not saying it was right, but the girl is learning
It’s not like she’s a child.. she’s a grown ass adult and isn’t new to social media, she’s new to a large following. She’s more than socially aware. You don’t think that’s disrespectful? As somebody of the LGBT community, it took a LOT for me to come out to close friends and I’m still too scared to say anything to my parents (I’m a couple years older than Morgan). She made a big spectacle and build up about coming out and AM I A LESBIAN??! and is now making money from telling people she’s straight. I actually like Morgan too but that video has to fucking go.
We don't know if she's socially aware. She could be closed off in a room and talk to only her close friends for all we know. Not everyone is in touch with LGBT and other social issues. I'm kind of justifying her, because I truly believe she meant no harm. Then again, she SHOULD be aware of those issues and this is an opportunity to wake her up, not fire at her.

I never said I don't think it's disrespectful, I even said it's not right. I said "we should cut her some slack", because it's not equal to being offensive and prejudiced. She was ignorant and insensitive, yes. You don't have to cut her slack if you don't want to. I understand your reasoning of course, and it's your right. And I do think she should apologise.
Last edited by Guest on Wed May 02, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

They're clearly in Bunny's house in that preview at the end of the video.

Post by Guest »

So awhile back someone here said something about Ryland bragging about how there are posts/discussions about him on this website when he was still with Clevver or whatever the name is. Is there a video?

nillawafer1
Learner
Learner

Post by nillawafer1 »

I'm a couple of minutes into part 3 right now, and I can't believe how much more appealing Garrett is when he speaks in a deeper voice and doesn't crack up at everything he says.

jhodge3409
Talker
Talker

Post by jhodge3409 »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned I'm not finished the video and don't wanna catch up on the thread until after I see the rest but I just had to come say - what type of cosmetology school did that guy go to?? Morgan's contour literally looked like a giant shit stain across her whole cheek!! Like omg.. The entire time I was waiting for someone to tell her especially Ryland but they just told her she looked great

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

MineDressFearless wrote:
PiinkFart wrote:
MineDressFearless wrote:I think we should get Morgan some slack. I am sure she didn't mean any harm by doing that (except getting more views ofc) and she's fairly new to the youtube game. She probably didn't imagine that it would offend people. I'm not saying it was right, but the girl is learning
It’s not like she’s a child.. she’s a grown ass adult and isn’t new to social media, she’s new to a large following. She’s more than socially aware. You don’t think that’s disrespectful? As somebody of the LGBT community, it took a LOT for me to come out to close friends and I’m still too scared to say anything to my parents (I’m a couple years older than Morgan). She made a big spectacle and build up about coming out and AM I A LESBIAN??! and is now making money from telling people she’s straight. I actually like Morgan too but that video has to fucking go.
We don't know if she's socially aware. She could be closed off in a room and talk to only her close friends for all we know. Not everyone is in touch with LGBT and other social issues. I'm kind of justifying her, because I truly believe she meant no harm. Then again, she SHOULD be aware of those issues and this is an opportunity to wake her up, not fire at her.

I never said I don't think it's disrespectful, I even said it's not right. I said "we should cut her some slack", because it's not equal to being offensive and prejudiced. She was ignorant and insensitive, yes. You don't have to cut her slack if you don't want to. I understand your reasoning of course, and it's your right. And I do think she should apologise.
how would she know nothing of LGBT issues when her brother us gay and dating a bisexual man? I think it's time to stop making excuses for people's sheer and utter ignorance.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

I say this too much but I miss Drew. Even Garrett is starting to grate on my nerves a bit, and he's the only loveable one in the group. Drew is just so sweet and cute and funny, and he never gets to the point of being annoying because he's not loud or crazy (in the extraverted sense at least, because Drew is still endearingly weird) and I feel he was the better balance for the group than Ryland because he never took anything seriously (unlike Ryland).

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

So it looks like Bunny isn't in part 4 either? Is she only going to be in the finale part? I know they could just be hiding her to keep it a "surprise," but I honestly don't see her going ghost hunting with them. That ship has sailed, she doesn't do "creepy" videos anymore.

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

Garrett has GOT to quit giggling every 5 damn seconds and Ryland needs to quit trying to pole dance everything he sees although him trying to do anything with those fake nails on was truly comical. :rofl:
Same shit, different day

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

The whole situation with Morgan's new video reminds me of the Kendall Jenner interview a few weeks ago. She's not "coming out" as straight or making fun of LGBT+, she was asked a question and she answered it. Yeah, it probably didn't need to have a whole video dedicated to it, but I guess she thought the irony/"anti-climax" punchline was funny.

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

Also, I like that Andrew is feeling more comfortable and part of the "squad" now, but I wish it didn't affect his camerawork so much. It's fine to laugh and get involved as long as you can focus on your job at the same time.

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

yungchi wrote:Also, I like that Andrew is feeling more comfortable and part of the "squad" now, but I wish it didn't affect his camerawork so much. It's fine to laugh and get involved as long as you can focus on your job at the same time.
He does do his job. What's wrong with them talking with and including Andrew a bit? It's not like they do it excessively, and even if they did, he's kind of part of their squad now. Why do you guys care if Andrew is in the video or not anyway? What's the big deal with this? I really don't get it.

And it's not like this is supposed to be a serious TV series. They're just friends hanging out and filming vlogs.

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

pyroclitoral wrote: He does do his job. What's wrong with them talking with and including Andrew a bit? It's not like they do it excessively, and even if they did, he's kind of part of their squad now. Why do you guys care if Andrew is in the video or not anyway? What's the big deal with this? I really don't get it.
It's just a little distracting having constant unembodied giggling throughout the video. Also, his camerawork was more professional and stable before he got introduced IMO.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

@ us next time

Also, just because you have a GAY boyfriend and you are BI doesn’t mean it isn’t queerbating and/or potentially triggering for others. Just because YOU aren’t offended doesn’t mean others can’t be either. This situation is fucking annoying and I’m annoying myself by being so petty about it but dismissing others feelings because you weren’t personally offended isn’t the way to go.

If you read the replies to Morgan’s tweets for her new video, before she even posted it almost everyone said “you better not be queerbating”. And she did. And it upset people. And they all gave their reasons why. Nobody is being overly sensitive here. If anything, they aren’t being sensitive enough. Fucking annoying!!!! I’m over it

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

what?? I'm so confused. How was her video "powerful"??
Shane's acting like she just did something revolutionary. By the looks of it the video was basically
"people always think I'm a lesbian." ... "I'm going to ask people what they think"... "the answer is no"
I'm not sure what she did that was so brave and "breaking stereotypes". Maybe I'm missing a hidden message?
this is like some straight privilege shit.
and now everyone is kissing Shane's ass.

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

pyroclitoral wrote:
yungchi wrote:Also, I like that Andrew is feeling more comfortable and part of the "squad" now, but I wish it didn't affect his camerawork so much. It's fine to laugh and get involved as long as you can focus on your job at the same time.
He does do his job. What's wrong with them talking with and including Andrew a bit? It's not like they do it excessively, and even if they did, he's kind of part of their squad now. Why do you guys care if Andrew is in the video or not anyway? What's the big deal with this? I really don't get it.

And it's not like this is supposed to be a serious TV series. They're just friends hanging out and filming vlogs.
Yeah, i dont have a problem with him taking part. Before he was unveiled they never addressed him. But now he does have a few scenes infront of the camera. They all have "rolls" in these series, and while Andrews is to record everything, hes still human and there. If his sole purpose was just to record, and be unknown, i doubt they would unveil him, talk to him, record him trying some of the stuff and shane would prob tell him to shut up. Its a bunch of friends hangng out.

As for this current series hes doing. I wouldnt say its his best ever, but im enjoying it. Its a road trip in a new location. Ive laughed at a few jokes they have made. The dolls are weird, but quirky and i always seem to laugh. Which is clearly the point.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Itzfleur wrote:what?? I'm so confused. How was her video "powerful"??
Shane's acting like she just did something revolutionary. By the looks of it the video was basically
"people always think I'm a lesbian." ... "I'm going to ask people what they think"... "the answer is no"
I'm not sure what she did that was so brave and "breaking stereotypes". Maybe I'm missing a hidden message?
this is like some straight privilege shit.
and now everyone is kissing Shane's ass.

right?
she was so powerful for saying no

how about all the people who are powerful and BRAVE for
coming out to their family and friends fuck off shane honestly

Ughmypower
Debater
Debater

Post by Ughmypower »

I haven’t watched Morgan’s new video nor do I care to, so I don’t have anything to say about that, but Shane’s tweets are so ugly and ignorant. Can he stop using “triggered” like that? A grown man with mental illnesses should understand that being “triggered” isn’t the same as being “butthurt” and people started using the word like that to belittle people with mental illnesses.
Why does he keep bringing up that he was physically assaulted because of his sexuality? Yes, that’s awful and it’s a shame that he had to go through that, but it’s completely irrelevant to the issue at hand? Ew lmao.
This is one of the main reasons why I unsubscribed from Shane a few months ago. He has millions of people who are willing to educate him, yet he says thayre “triggered,” whines about how mean everyone is, says that he’s ignorant because he’s almost 30, makes no attempt to educate himself, and then he moves on and the cycle repeats a few weeks later. Being privileged sounds great.

Return to “Shane Dawson”