Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Moffie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Post by Moffie »

Itzfleur wrote:Yea, you ever been called gay but then you're actually straight? What a hard time she must've had. An inspiration. Truly.
She didn't even talk about stereotypes of sexualities so idk what the hell Shane is going on about.
and now he posts a picture of him and Garrett to distract everyone from everything he said lmao mmmhm you ain't slick
Everyone at my high school thought I was gay. And I didn’t give a shit because it wasn’t an insult. A bunch of kids fucking “accuse me” of being a lesbian? So what? There are tons of LGBT individuals who are terrified to come out, to hold hands with their partner, to walk down the damn street. Morgan’s not being brave, she’s being obnoxious. You didn’t need to make a video about it, you could have tweeted it, you ninny.

Also? Every time I see Shane Snapchat the Husky, I just think, “Please tell me you named the goddamn dog already.” Because it’s bordering on neglect if he hasn’t.

Nazzababy13
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nazzababy13 »

What does this mean lol I’m half asleep and confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

They found that dog. That's not their husky. And they decided to put him/her in the same room as Uno and No Name? Poor thing was obviously scared, trying to get away from the other two and hiding between Morgan's legs, poor baby

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ezyeez1
Debater
Debater

Post by ezyeez1 »

Moffie wrote:Because it’s bordering on neglect if he hasn’t.
Call the RSPCA! Call PETA! This man hasn't named his dog!

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

remember this?

girl was attacked so hard by his fans she deleted her account and had to make a new one. she was being totally respectful but because shane was arguing with her all hell breaks loose. i love the backtracking too “oh i was just saying you should stop before he blocks you” no sweetie, you were threatening, but ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

I understand what Morgan was trying to do, but this could have actually been an educational and informative video if she had have put more into it. She could have brought in different members of the lgbt+ community to talk about stereotypes and break them down, rather than make this huge long video all about herself that really didn't say much other than that she's straight and people think her and her female friend were in a relationship. And then there's the hypocritical moment of Shane stereotyping Morgan as straight because of women he knows who share similar traits as her

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Seeing Shane respond to all of this is making my head hurt. My stance on Morgan's video is "who cares?" because she doesn't have an audience that cares about her yet. She's literally made 20 videos max. These types of videos are okay at this stage in her yt 'career', and it wasn't even offensive imo.

But Shane responding to it all is so typical of him. He gets so angry over something so small. I get that he's frustrated, but responding to 15 year olds on twitter is not a good look, especially when it isn't even HIM they're "attacking". Jesus. Morgan can speak for herself, Shane.

BrutalPoetry
Learner
Learner

Post by BrutalPoetry »

julez wrote:
morbit wrote:All the stuff going out on the town "finding Morgan a man" was funny. Shane in the costume was hilarious.
It wasn´t funny at all in my opinion and all seemed cringy and forces as fuck. The seemed desperate for some "funny" content. Shanes crazy on-camera-persona was unbearable.
(The first part of the video was ok tho.)
I totally agree! It's like a badly scripted TV show. Shane is exhausting :roll: .
" You're annoying me right now. Every breath you draw in my presence annoys me. " - Cersei

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

ezyeez1 wrote:
Moffie wrote:Because it’s bordering on neglect if he hasn’t.
Call the RSPCA! Call PETA! This man hasn't named his dog!
Was that really necessary? When you get a fucking dog, you name the fucking dog. Simple.

Post by Guest »

If anyone's interested lmao, my opinion on Morgan's new video;; I actually liked it. I'm similar to Morgan in the way that I'm always looked at and suspected for being a lesbian in friend groups/from strangers. Even in middle school! My friends would tell me they thought I was a lesbian even though I've always said I was straight. And the whole thing on this board of, 'she can just say she's straight without making a video about it' or 'she can just say no to the questions' SHE HAS! She's stated multiple times that she's straight and no one bothers to take her word! There are still comments of 'are you a lesbian/bi??' And as a person who is always accused of being a lesbian too when I'm not, that shit just gets tiring. No, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but when you're not gay it gets annoying have a sexuality pushed onto you constantly. It's like a gay person who is constantly talked about as being the 'straight one' when they're not. It's annoying on both sides!

I think the video in general was not meant to offend or 'queer bait' I think it genuinely just was Morgan addressing all those comments she constantly gets, in one video. Because she's said so many times that Josh Peck is her crush and has talked about boyfriends, etc and yet people still love to speculate on her sexuality. It's not their place! Straight or gay don't constantly speculate on someone's sexuality and accuse them of lying about it! I really think she just got annoyed and decided to make a video about it. I personally enjoyed it, again because I've been in her position so many fucking times. No the video wasn't 'empowering' or some shit, I think she just wanted to say 'I'm straight and that's cool too, I don't have to be a lesbian just because all you fans want me to be.' She made it into this 'big deal' because fans won't shut up just like with the Morgan/Garrett ship. Anyways that's just me.

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

Just got caught up on the thread again.

I actually enjoyed the series, it seems like harmless entertainment and I'm fine with that. I do miss the days of Shane recording on his webcam and just talking and making jokes. I just miss the solo Shane sometimes. When he wasn't trying to ham it up for the camera and play Daddy Dawson 24/7. He must be exhausted from looking after so many people. I really think he should cut some people loose, he's not the Bank of Shane. Ryland constantly wanting Shane to throw his money around is so disrespectful. Even if it is just a "character" he's putting on it's not cute or funny. I noticed Shane's picking has got a lot worse. For me that happens when I'm highly stressed. Maybe all the complaining about editing and being tired is just a cover for the fact that he's stressed and burnt out from life. Not trying to make excuses because he did put himself in this situation, just an observation. It makes me laugh how Ryland and Shane sometimes quote us when they're making excuses for themselves.

Oh and Shane coming to Morgan's rescue about the video just made everything worse, if he just ignored it it probably would have blown over a lot quicker. I didn't really have a problem with her video it didn't offend me, but the title was clickbaity and that wasn't okay.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

New title thread suggestion : "Shane 'Hero Complex' Dawson'

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I wasn't particularly offended by Morgan's video on a personal level, however it did make me roll my eyes. It was completely unnecessary and is something that does not at all need to be addressed. She just wanted an excuse to talk about herself and get people interested in her by queerbaiting. If you aren't gay then why are you wasting everybody's time with this boring video? To me, this video made Morgan seem kind of narcisstic and maybe a tad insecure about herself. Yes, let's dedicate a video to discussing the mere possibility of you being a lesbian, and interview numerous people with questions like "Do you think I'm a lesbian, if so what makes you think I am??" As if any of us give a shit, like we already know she is straight it was such a immense waste of time. Morgan is nowhere near as interesting as she thinks she is.

As for Shane's response... sigh. It is so clear that the only reason he even discussed this was because he considers Morgan his family and feels the need to protect her from any backlash. Him bringing up being assualted, (which the story behind that is kind of iffy...) was literally just deflection as well, I don't know why people are acting as if it wasn't. He always tries to play the victim card whenever he, or someone he loves is under fire, by bringing up some emotional story from his past as if that is at all relevant.

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

morbit wrote:New title thread suggestion : "Shane 'Hero Complex' Dawson'
Yes! So accurate.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Lol it is arguable if shane should start arguments with viewers, but i definitely feel like it is them making something out of nothing. Morgan took a question she gets asked often and put it in a video title. I thought the video was just a bit of fun.

moonmoon44
Learner
Learner

Post by moonmoon44 »

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I feel like the Ryland hate is starting to get out of hand. I'm not a huge fan of him, and I know criticism is to be expected when you do pretty much anything online - but jeez louise. I haven't seen him do anything that goes beyond tactless and materialistic. Those aren't good traits to have, but certainly nothing to be hateful over. I've rolled my eyes a few times at some of the things he's said in recent videos, but I'm not foaming at the mouth over it.

Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart, idk. I just feel bad scrolling the comments of his latest video and seeing all the criticism.

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

Shane gets way too upset about criticism,he should be used to it at this point.
Yes Morgan made a stupid video and people shouldn't get triggered over it,but Shane shouldn't get so "triggered" over people critizing it
Last edited by Purple Blood on Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

nazxr
Talker
Talker

Post by nazxr »

What I've noticed is that Shane can manipulate his audience like a pro. From a half smile, soft voice snaps, to a perfectly timed "cute" pictures and snaps of his animals (or Garrett ;) ), to a story to make people feel sorry for him and make him out to be the "victim". He's been doing this for years.

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

Can they just name the damn dog already? Every time they mention that it doesn’t have a name I’m like... haven’t you had that dog for over a month? The poor thing probably gets confused.

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

I honestly don't blame Shane for speaking about his trauma in this context. I don't think he is trying to be manipulative, it must be frustrating having experienced real homophobia and arguing about something so petty and dumb in comparison. But that being said, he probably shouldn't have risen to it so much. He must really love Morgan. :love2:

Return to “Shane Dawson”