This picture deserves it's own thread

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: This picture deserves it's own thread

Post by peachesnoranges »

She needs some serious help. I bet she only used 5% of all that make up.

ScarletRose31
Talker
Talker

Post by ScarletRose31 »

queenofspades wrote: Certainly. My best analysis of Dulce's character is that of somebody extremely insecure and disstisfied with her life. Aware of her sadness, she puts her heart in the hands of advertising and self-help. New products, like self-help books, advertise that you'll only finally be happy when you buy it. It's this one NEW lipgloss that will make your lips full and juicy and so you'll be the prettiest you can be and your husband won't look at anyone else because you're just "the best".

This is me guessing, obviously. I don't know what problems are Dulce's. I'd say she's unhappy with her small frame, lack of curves and overall not-sexy allure. She knows she's pretty but wishes she could be "model-like" pretty. We'd seen videos Jesus posted on Youtube earlier on, that heavily featured curvy women. Dulce sure knows of this and it must not be easy as her figure is something she can't change. Also, her heritage has certainly made her a victim of racism amongst native americans. All of that make up and all of those clothes probably stand on lots of dissatisfaction and come as a her way of compensating for what she thinks are her "flaws".

It's nothing to be ashamed about but she obviously exaggerated it beyond what's reasonable. I judge her based on what I know of myself. I'm in a rather emotionally abusive relationship with a guy who likes to point out my physical flaws, comments on how pretty other women are and has cheated on me in the past. Just like Dulce (probably), I grow more and more insecure are try to make myself the "most perfect" I can manage. Equally dissatisfied with my body image, I wear make up and sometimes rely on sensationalist advertisements believing the NEW lipgloss will indeed make me perfect and worthy of love and exclusivity. Illusions.
Your response is definitely insightful and I can see how your reactions would parallel those of Dulce's. If my boyfriend had a video channel and deliberately chose women of a specific body type to be the cast members, I would definitely have my doubts and become insecure about my appearance over time. As for how your guy is treating you, that's totally unacceptable. I don't know you personally, but no one deserves verbal abuse. I'm in no position to tell you what to do, but there are men out there who respect women, believe in fidelity, and will treat you like the queen you are (pun intended, in regards to your username).
Listen to this song, if you choose:

Rauri
Informer
Informer

Post by Rauri »

queenofspades wrote:
Certainly. My best analysis of Dulce's character is that of somebody extremely insecure and disstisfied with her life. Aware of her sadness, she puts her heart in the hands of advertising and self-help. New products, like self-help books, advertise that you'll only finally be happy when you buy it. It's this one NEW lipgloss that will make your lips full and juicy and so you'll be the prettiest you can be and your husband won't look at anyone else because you're just "the best".

This is me guessing, obviously. I don't know what problems are Dulce's. I'd say she's unhappy with her small frame, lack of curves and overall not-sexy allure. She knows she's pretty but wishes she could be "model-like" pretty. We'd seen videos Jesus posted on Youtube earlier on, that heavily featured curvy women. Dulce sure knows of this and it must not be easy as her figure is something she can't change. Also, her heritage has certainly made her a victim of racism amongst native americans. All of that make up and all of those clothes probably stand on lots of dissatisfaction and come as a her way of compensating for what she thinks are her "flaws".

It's nothing to be ashamed about but she obviously exaggerated it beyond what's reasonable. I judge her based on what I know of myself. I'm in a rather emtionally abusive relationship with a guy who likes to point out my physical flaws, comments on how pretty other women are and has cheated on me in the past. Just like Dulce (probably), I grow more and more insecure are try to make myself the "most perfect" I can manage. Equally dissatisfied with my body image, I wear make up and sometimes rely on sensationalist advertisements believing the NEW lipgloss will indeed make me perfect and worthy of love and exclusivity. Illusions.
A very honest and insightful post you gave there, and I agree 100%. I recognize that everyone has their own emotional battles and baggage to deal with. ALL of us in some way or another. However, I also believe in responsibility and honesty. There is no decent way to justify ugly, manipulative behavior. Everything has a reason, but just because something has a reason that doesn't mean it's justified.

I often find myself feeling sorry for Dulce because it really doesn't seem that she likes herself very much. I'll even go as far as to say that sometimes I just want to reach through my screen and somehow give her a backbreaking hug; it really seems like she needs one. She lives in a fantasy world, but what will happen to her once the shopping sprees stop and she gets older and she has nothing to fall back on? At some point she will have to come to terms with her flaws and which ones she has to work on fixing as well as the ones she just has to learn to accept. I've said this many times before, but I'll say it again: I dislike a lot of the things that Dulce says and does, but I could never hate her. But, I also could never condone her behavior... or her terrible fashion choices.

I also would like to applaud you for being brave to mention your hardship in such a public way even if it's on a forum. It's often not a very easy thing to do. I just hope that you realize that you DESERVE to find happiness. A man who is only going to tear you down isn't the one for you. I know it's hard to break away from someone that you care about, but you're living YOUR life. Not his. If he's only making things harder for you and not doing a thing to try and fix it, it's time for you to look elsewhere. You DESERVE that. But, it is YOUR decision to make. You have to help yourself first. Eventually you're going to get sick and tired of being sick and tired, but how much pain and emotional torture are you willing to mutilate yourself with before you walk away? The longer you tolerate it, the longer it will take to get over it and start a new life for yourself. You DESERVE better. I hope you make the right decision. If you ever need to vent or talk, I'm just a PM away. Believe it or not, I can often be a better listener than I am a talker.
:P :love2:

Post by Guest »

She should be spending/saving her money on/for her son and future children. NOT blowing all of her money on makeup she doesn't need. At what point will she stop?! It'd be nice to see a beauty guru using up her current makeup before going out and spending thousands on more. Dulce used to be my favorite guru honestly. She has changed BIG TIME in the last few years and it's disgusting.

GoshDarnIt
Informer
Informer

Post by GoshDarnIt »

leialou wrote:She should be spending/saving her money on/for her son and future children. NOT blowing all of her money on makeup she doesn't need. At what point will she stop?! It'd be nice to see a beauty guru using up her current makeup before going out and spending thousands on more. Dulce used to be my favorite guru honestly. She has changed BIG TIME in the last few years and it's disgusting.
She's not very popular I guess but pinksofoxy did a massive purge on everything, It started out with makeup then escalated to her hair and skin care. She even got rid of come of the crap in home. She then gave herself a limit of 10 beauty and nail products for the entire year. Which also includes re-purchases (eg if she runs out of a blush and repurchases it is seen as 1 of her 10 allowances)

Dulce definitely needs to watch that damn video and do that!

poppy
Informer
Informer

Post by poppy »

You can tell just by looking that a substantial amount of that make up has never even been touched. It's just a colossal waste of money.
There are so many eye shadows and blushes which are replica shades of each other, I just cannot fathom the logic!!

Sophia1st

Post by Sophia1st »

I watched Pinksofox after reading here about her, OMG I really loved her vids where she gave away all the stuff she didnt need. A very intelligent, wise woman with a healthy mind.

girlwithopinionsokay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by girlwithopinionsokay »

moreno wrote:
AMAY-SING wrote:She should sort through it all, throw out the expired stuff and do a blog sale.
No, who the hell would want all that makeup that's been on the floor. Correction, who would want all that makeup that's been collecting germs in her drawers for who knows how long. She should throw that shit away.
:yup:

lmoner
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lmoner »

I cannot believe that. and honestly, I doubt she threw away 70% of it or whatever it was like she said. Shes such a hoarder she probalay threw away like 10% lol.

MatriarchofMermaids
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MatriarchofMermaids »

ItsJudytime had a bunch of junk like that and said most of it was going to the trash after she let her family dig through it. Judy still buys makeup, but mainly drugstore now as opposed to high end. She has a new baby and house and I guess her priorities changed for her.

bella1986
Talker
Talker

Post by bella1986 »

Geez!!! I'm a makeup artist and even I don't find all that necessary!!!

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

bella1986 wrote:Geez!!! I'm a makeup artist and even I don't find all that necessary!!!
Exactly, she doesn't even do makeup on other people, this is all for HERSELF, which is double disgusting.

raven
Lurker
Lurker

Post by raven »

I don't see any of her palettes here (unless they're under all that crap) but she has a ton of those too.. What a waste.

derfus
Learner
Learner

Post by derfus »

If I owned all that makeup I would be so, so overwhelmed. Just the thought of having so much makeup that I would never be able to use makes me shudder.

Dayna
Learner
Learner

Post by Dayna »

I have three palettes and I feel guilty not using two of the eyeshadow ones, i barely wear eyeshadow but when i do, it's usually my single colours (which i only have six of, that's a lot for me). Watching beauty gurus made me think that i have to buy a bunch of makeup to be taken seriously as a makeup fanatic/wannabe artist, now i just think it's ridiculous. Unless you actually go to clients and do it as a job, then you have no excuse to be buying a million products of what you already have.

i'm now going to be more insightful of what I buy (do I really need this?) and try to use up what i have already.

thanks to dulce, i'm gonna save that picture and show it to my mum when she says i am obsessed with makeup 8-)

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I would feel horrible owning that many things in general. I genuinely enjoy throwing away things that I don't need or don't want to keep for memories one day.

pumpkinparade
Learner
Learner

Post by pumpkinparade »

Wow! That's crazy! And I know that most beauty/style gurus are materialistic and have tons of possessions, but many of the most popular ones do some charity work or fundraising, like Michelle Phan, who probably owns just as much makeup as Dulce if anything more, but does fundraising for the Red Cross & some for earthquake relief in Japan on her second channel.

bettyspots
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bettyspots »

Just saw the photo :o :o

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

More hoarding, she needs desperate help.

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

one would think with all those hair products her hair would look amazing

Return to ā€œDulce Candyā€