FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

hellohello48
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FashionMumblr and the guy-you-want-to-punch-in-the-face #1

Post by hellohello48 »

Oh my god their Christmas Traditions video on IGTV. So cringe!

Post by Guest »

I do have to admit that I like Josie but EVERY SINGLE THING she posts on the internet is an ad. I can’t watch a single video or look at an Instagram of hers that isn’t an ad and it’s just ridiculous. She has completely and utterly sold herself out for the sake of money.

Also she has way too much stuff. I don’t understand how she can take and take and take so many free items instead of donating them to women who need it more than her.

Ftuiokhfr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ftuiokhfr »

ihateytgurus wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 am
I do have to admit that I like Josie but EVERY SINGLE THING she posts on the internet is an ad. I can’t watch a single video or look at an Instagram of hers that isn’t an ad and it’s just ridiculous. She has completely and utterly sold herself out for the sake of money.

Also she has way too much stuff. I don’t understand how she can take and take and take so many free items instead of donating them to women who need it more than her.

Yes she’s totally over-saturated her content with ads that I can’t watch her anymore, everything is so inauthentic and I hate the way she tries to hide and bury the truth about her sponsorships.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Agreed! I also started to find her unbearable! Every word comes out of her mouth is to try to sell us stuff!
And yes she is such hoarder! How about donate them or do a charity blog sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

TTGirl wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm
Agreed! I also started to find her unbearable! Every word comes out of her mouth is to try to sell us stuff!

Unless there is a sponsorship involved in the charity blog sale or donation, she will not do it. How many makeup/perfumes/skincare can be one person's favorite? Clothes-wise it's the same 10 things in multiple variations. I get a headache watching her. Stopped it altogether!

Post by Guest »

notsoposh wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:59 am
TTGirl wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Unless there is a sponsorship involved in the charity blog sale or donation, she will not do it. How many makeup/perfumes/skincare can be one person's favorite? Clothes-wise it's the same 10 things in multiple variations. I get a headache watching her. Stopped it altogether!
She said in a comment on one of her videos that she’s on “first name basis with a few charity shops” which I don’t believe whatsoever. If she’s not giving some items to her mom and a few to her friends then I firmly believe she’s keeping every single thing. She’s incredibly greedy to keep taking so much when she already has a lifetime supply of skin, beauty, and hair care products.

Post by Guest »

Oh my god I just checked and they got engaged December 2017. That means they’ve been engaged for OVER TWO YEARS. And seeing as how she doesn’t even mention wedding planning in any of her videos it’s safe to say that marriage is nowhere in sight. I would blow my brains out if I was engaged that long with no wedding in the foreseeable future. I’m truly convinced they just did it for Instagram and the free gifts.

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

ihateytgurus wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:33 pm
Oh my god I just checked and they got engaged December 2017. That means they’ve been engaged for OVER TWO YEARS. And seeing as how she doesn’t even mention wedding planning in any of her videos it’s safe to say that marriage is nowhere in sight. I would blow my brains out if I was engaged that long with no wedding in the foreseeable future. I’m truly convinced they just did it for Instagram and the free gifts.
She mentioned something about planning it for this spring, after that no update. Probably waiting for someone to sponsor the whole thing!

seeschanelskies
Talker
Talker

Post by seeschanelskies »

Did anyone see her newest video? She was so mean and "ugly" for no reason?? From her unnecessary reaction to the hair on her trousers (remove it before filming, or just don't include that bit?) to her random rant about sustainability, like - girl, calm down.

She clearly didn't want to be filming and it shows.

Post by Guest »

So much photoshop and editing it’s ridiculous

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

She posted a video with the title “A Big life update” but revealed nothing about this update?! Clickbait much? A comment was saying she might be pregnant lol!!!

Ftuiokhfr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ftuiokhfr »

Her latest video is so “click-baity” it’s pathetic, I turned it off and unsubscribed about 2min in when it was clear she wasn’t revealing anything. All the more ridiculous when she advertised her house for sale to all her followers in a bizarre Instagram story!

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

Ftuiokhfr wrote:Her latest video is so “click-baity” it’s pathetic, I turned it off and unsubscribed about 2min in when it was clear she wasn’t revealing anything. All the more ridiculous when she advertised her house for sale to all her followers in a bizarre Instagram story!
Me too! I unsubscribed to both YT and IG! This woman has gone too far. So annoying!!

Ftuiokhfr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ftuiokhfr »

She has listed her house for £930k. You can find her name on companies house and then look up the postcode address on one of her directorships to find the Purple Bricks listing. Perhaps she’s following in the dire footsteps of InTheFrow.

notsoposh
Debater
Debater

Post by notsoposh »

Ftuiokhfr wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 am
Her latest video is so “click-baity” it’s pathetic, I turned it off and unsubscribed about 2min in when it was clear she wasn’t revealing anything. All the more ridiculous when she advertised her house for sale to all her followers in a bizarre Instagram story!
She's beyond ridiculous at this point, with her orange/beige personality and fake eco-warrior persona! If she cared that much, she would have reduced her shopping habits. Clearly that hasn't been done.

Post by Guest »

In the latest video Josie decides to counter a question she believes she might get regarding bermuda shorts this time of year. "How do you keep warm?" First, she recognizes the validity of this concern but then she absolutely ruins it when she mentions overknee boots and says "there won't be too much skin on show". With a smug laughter... THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT KEEPING WARM, NOT SHOWING SKIN.

hellohello48
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by hellohello48 »

their 'secret' project. Oh the 'office' you were banging on about buying last year for ages and then went silent on.

Everyone can see companies house and see the new address. It's not all that secret is it.

Hass
Learner
Learner

Post by Hass »

How do you look her up on companies house?

Post by Guest »

Man... I had just recently posted how her friend freddy steals her ideas and low key shades them lol

Very eye opening reading through this thread.

I have questioned how she really affords all these high end pieces all the time because I’m sorry, Reiss isn’t necessarily the cheapest brand out there and every time I check the prices of some of these investment pieces I’m floored. SO it makes sense that some of her hauls are sponsored or given to her for free or she just buys and returns after using them for a photoshoot.

You tubers really live in a world of fantasy and any of their recommendations i do take with a grain of salt.

I’m about to go and unsubscribe from her now.

Emmalinajj
Learner
Learner

Post by Emmalinajj »

Hi I’m new to Guru Gossiper and I just want to share my opinion of Josie.

I discovers Joise through Freddy My Love and I wasn’t that interest at first but I have watched a couple of videos of hers and I was subscribe for a while ( I recently unsubscribed ) but there’s just so many things about her that annoy me.

1. She talks about sustainability and to buy invest in high quality clothing but she promotes fast fashion and low quality clothes (made out of polyester or viscose) It also seems like she don’t think (or care) about where or how the clothes she promotes were made(since she promotes cheap brands like TopShop and River Island), or if the workers were treated fairly.
2. It seems like she doesn’t think about how new people would perceive her channel as. Her videos are extremely long and her intros are more than one minute(all I can think of when I watch her videos is get on to the point of the video!), and a person that just found Josie’s channel would probably find her channel boring (this is what I thought when I just found her channel) If she maybe put timestamps in the description of her videos and shortens her intros her videos would at be more tolerable.

She seems quite materialistic (like Freddy) but I do like some of her outfits, but some are questionable. Her instagram feed is nice but repetitive in my opinion.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”