Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by Lily Laurette »

I actually really enjoyed the latest video. It really made me appreciate how quick witted and enjoyable Garrett and Shane can be. The only thing I didn't like the was the whole "exploiting a stranger's baby for clickbait and views" thing. Also that fucking forced corny shit he shoved in at the end was too much.

sorealbutsofake
Learner
Learner

Post by sorealbutsofake »

pepesylvia wrote:I might be the only one who didn't hate this 3-parter? I feel like some of y'all take things wAY TOO seriously in regards to his videos? his job is to make content, not everything we see in the videos could be true to life. whatever. I do think ryland would be a good parent and i can relate to how shane reacted with the baby since i'd be in the same position cause I have no clue what to do with kids of any age. i think they'd be fun parents!
I mean...don't take too seriously what people write here as well. Most of us are fans, and are just questioning the quality of his content. Every thread in GG you will find over the top comments. Some people simply watch his videos and take it at face value, and some question it and like to gossip about it, most of it comes along with the shift in tone with the 'serious' 3 part series.

Arden
Learner
Learner

Post by Arden »

QueenParis wrote:In Shane’s Instagram story Morgan referred to Honey/Lady as “Dos” so they’ve gone with Ryland’s shitty idea for a name, It’s a terrible name and doesn’t suit her AT ALL.
I get that everyone is too eager to jump on "hating Ryland" train, but what is wrong with the name "Honey"? It's a perfectly fine name. As if "Dos" is any better. :|

anastasiya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anastasiya »

Arden wrote:
QueenParis wrote:In Shane’s Instagram story Morgan referred to Honey/Lady as “Dos” so they’ve gone with Ryland’s shitty idea for a name, It’s a terrible name and doesn’t suit her AT ALL.
I get that everyone is too eager to jump on "hating Ryland" train, but what is wrong with the name "Honey"? It's a perfectly fine name. As if "Dos" is any better. :|
They said she wouldn't respond to it and they just kind of fell out of loving it. But dogs don't always respond to their new name right away, it takes a while for them to adjust to it. I liked pretty much any name except for "Dos" it just...... doesn't flow well. I get the "theme" but even Lady was a much better fit imo.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Regarding the videos; Yeah, they're funny. It's entertainment. But I hope Shane stops doing all these kid things. "We adopted a son" "Meeting My Daughter" "We Got A Surrogate". I just find it weird to hire a kid for a youtube videos. It always gets kind of awkward.. This last one wasn't that bad since it was about a baby who doesn't know that it's "performing" but it's weird. Those videos have no rewatchability either.

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by greenfaerie »

morbit wrote:Regarding the videos; Yeah, they're funny. It's entertainment. But I hope Shane stops doing all these kid things. "We adopted a son" "Meeting My Daughter" "We Got A Surrogate". I just find it weird to hire a kid for a youtube videos. It always gets kind of awkward.. This last one wasn't that bad since it was about a baby who doesn't know that it's "performing" but it's weird. Those videos have no rewatchability either.
I agree, I was over the kids since the first one he did. It’s also isolating his viewers because not everyone has interest in that, I know I didn’t watch the recent “series” and probably won’t. If they were actually serious about it then maybe I would be interested. I assume the parents and kids are getting paid, the fake son and this one probably add it to their resume so I don’t think is necessarily exploiting (be one thing if it was a friends baby or smthg ie if you ever watch ciaoobella she’s always showing off kids that aren’t hers for views) The only different video he’s put out besides these in the last few months has been a couple conspiracy ones. I could go for an obnoxious cake creation that no one wants to eat right about now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonmoon44
Learner
Learner

Post by moonmoon44 »

I'm also not bothered by the three-parters. I actually like them for the most part. It was honestly so cute to see Shane interacting with the baby. The only thing that bothered me is Morgan is obviously not into this whole surrogacy thing at all, even if it's a joke. She did play a long and everything but even Shane joked about how distant she was. Side note, it's nice to see Shane so happy. I've been watching since 2012 and I think part of the enjoyment I get from the videos is seeing how far he's come. I'm glad he has real friendships nowadays, not just colleagues to collab with.

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

moonmoon44 wrote:I'm also not bothered by the three-parters. I actually like them for the most part. It was honestly so cute to see Shane interacting with the baby. The only thing that bothered me is Morgan is obviously not into this whole surrogacy thing at all, even if it's a joke. She did play a long and everything but even Shane joked about how distant she was. Side note, it's nice to see Shane so happy. I've been watching since 2012 and I think part of the enjoyment I get from the videos is seeing how far he's come. I'm glad he has real friendships nowadays, not just colleagues to collab with.
That's honestly the best thing about his new videos (in a good way)

You could tell 4-5 years ago he was just bored and sad, probably also lonely. Now he seems very content and happy :love2:

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

I really enjoy Shanes 3 parters and new content, its much better than just watching him eat food. And I know he has to love it too which makes it even better!

I've actually enjoyed all of his 2-3 parter series vids he's made so far, except for this week's.
It seemed like the main focus and idea was completely lost, Morgan was barely in the focus, there was too much going on and being talked about, and it was just too weird to have this stranger's baby in the video lol. Idk, it just really lacked direction. Sure I laughed a little bit, but I just didn't care for this weeks videos.

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

I’m okay with the three parters as well and I do enjoy most of them but when every video after the other is about babies/children/surrogacy etc it gets a little boring! They could be doing fun stuff with Andrew, Morgan and Garrett like more spooky/conspiracy vids or crafting ones and I don’t know what else ideas to think of because I’m not a youtuber but you get the gist. I’m just glad that he seems to be really happy and that life is going really well for him lately. You can tell the difference from years and years ago for sure and it’s really nice to see. <3
☕️

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I don't know what Shane is thinking making so many videos recently that revolve around children or babies after his latest controversy. Like, is he asking for trouble or what? Pewdiepie won't even play PUBG anymore after his n word incident, so why is Shane taking these kinds of risks? I don't think they're prefilmed either based on his Snapchat and Instagram, so I'm slightly perplexed.

I just don't know why he's milking these kid videos when he has a group of comedic friends, a talented cameraman and a twink boyfriend that he can use to his advantage. I'm not sure what his strategy is here.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Is it time for a new thread yet?

I really want a video of Shane just being real. Imagine him losing the persona, kicking Garrett and Morgan out of the videos, (even though I love them), Shane to stop cracking jokes and making Andrew laugh out loud behind the camera every 2 seconds (side note, has he always been doing that? I only noticed in these videos that Andrew has been laughing and it is cute but takes away from the filmmaking part).

Shane and Ryan and the baby. Sitting on the floor together, feeding the baby, talking about what it’s like, daily routines, etc. That’d be really interesting to watch, and really make me believe they’re genuine about adopting / surrogacy. But for right now it’s like a big joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

PiinkFart wrote: Shane and Ryan and the baby
I was with you until this. I do NOT want to see more of Ryland, especially not around a baby.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

PiinkFart wrote:Is it time for a new thread yet?

I really want a video of Shane just being real. Imagine him losing the persona, kicking Garrett and Morgan out of the videos, (even though I love them), Shane to stop cracking jokes and making Andrew laugh out loud behind the camera every 2 seconds (side note, has he always been doing that? I only noticed in these videos that Andrew has been laughing and it is cute but takes away from the filmmaking part).

Shane and Ryan and the baby. Sitting on the floor together, feeding the baby, talking about what it’s like, daily routines, etc. That’d be really interesting to watch, and really make me believe they’re genuine about adopting / surrogacy. But for right now it’s like a big joke.
I think this is where the podcast could have fit in well. I don't mind his YouTube videos being silly messes as long as he owns it and stops acting like he's being raw and emotional with these new videos. But having Shane and Ryland candidly discuss parenting would make a very intriguing podcast segment.

wake
Informer
Informer

Post by wake »

Haven't family vloggers and kid content in general been getting demonetized?

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I really want the podcast to come back as well it was 10 times better than his Youtube. The reason I think it's taking him so long to bring back is because of all the legal issues. That was extremely shitty of Fullscreen to just end like that without any sort of warning. I really hope Shane hasn't abandoned the podcast, because I really liked his Drew and Jessie's chemistry

bayway
Informer
Informer

Post by bayway »

Lily Laurette wrote:I really want the podcast to come back as well it was 10 times better than his Youtube. The reason I think it's taking him so long to bring back is because of all the legal issues. That was extremely shitty of Fullscreen to just end like that without any sort of warning. I really hope Shane hasn't abandoned the podcast, because I really liked his Drew and Jessie's chemistry
I thought they were taking so long because they didn't have the space and needed to find a way to pay jessie and drew but that makes sense. On David Dobrik's podcast awhile ago they talked about how a platform offered them hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the video version of their podcast and soon after that shut down and how he felt stupid for not taking the money after he found out it would be shut down in a few months. I think it's safe to assume it was fullscreen and shane might be going through that process because of the money and the fact that he re signed his contract.
...yikes

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

bayway wrote:
Lily Laurette wrote:I really want the podcast to come back as well it was 10 times better than his Youtube. The reason I think it's taking him so long to bring back is because of all the legal issues. That was extremely shitty of Fullscreen to just end like that without any sort of warning. I really hope Shane hasn't abandoned the podcast, because I really liked his Drew and Jessie's chemistry
I thought they were taking so long because they didn't have the space and needed to find a way to pay jessie and drew but that makes sense. On David Dobrik's podcast awhile ago they talked about how a platform offered them hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the video version of their podcast and soon after that shut down and how he felt stupid for not taking the money after he found out it would be shut down in a few months. I think it's safe to assume it was fullscreen and shane might be going through that process because of the money and the fact that he re signed his contract.
i assume it might be tied up with legal as well. I hope they can bring it back as close to the Fullscreen format as well, I know it's easier said than done but its possible. There was nothing complicated about the show. I DM'd Fullscreen about what's going on, and if they would ever sell the shows anywhere else, and they said there are no plans to :(

Also, coincidentally I checked the Fullscreen YouTube page, and it looks like they completely nuked everything on it, like the clips and trailers https://www.youtube.com/user/Fullscreen/playlists :'(
This may be a good sign - clearing out every remnant from the platform so the shows can continue elsewhere, but I'm not sure. Still, fuck AT&T for all of this.

EDIT: I guess this is their "professional" response:

Magdanikolova
Learner
Learner

Post by Magdanikolova »

His Snapchat story..... he is singing with a microphone at home and Uno is barking and roaring with his ears back and alsi trying to run away but Shane keeps following him...

maryxxx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by maryxxx »

What do you think about ryland's video of their anniversary? I thought it was really cute,they are clearly so in love and shane wasn't putting on a show like he usually does but was really more normal and himself and it was nice to see him like that every once in a while

Return to “Shane Dawson”