Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by manged »

Magdanikolova wrote:His Snapchat story..... he is singing with a microphone at home and Uno is barking and roaring with his ears back and alsi trying to run away but Shane keeps following him...
Shane: "lol my pets hate me"

Yes, motherfucker that's why!!!

urmel
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by urmel »

manged wrote:
Magdanikolova wrote:His Snapchat story..... he is singing with a microphone at home and Uno is barking and roaring with his ears back and alsi trying to run away but Shane keeps following him...

I'll say, the one thing about ryland is that he at least takes care of the pets, if he doesn't seem to do anything else. Training Cheeto to use the toilet was a little ridiculous, but he did manage to train him to do that. If it weren't for ryland I'm pretty sure Uno and Cheeto would have joined Mama Dawson's zoo of Shane's ex-pets long ago.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk

anastasiya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anastasiya »

manged wrote:

I don't understand people who get pets but don't bother to understand their body language or anything, and even find it funny to torment them :/ Like I know it doesn't seem that bad but Uno so seemed distressed in that video clip it just makes me sad. Obviously they're going to "hate" you if you do stuff like this.

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

I do miss getting to see the real Shane(oop that sounds so corny), especially on his podcast. I feel like he should've never made Shane his main channel and just kept it for vlogs and random irrelevant videos that his viewers still enjoy.
Anyone know if there are any videos scheduled this week??

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Yet another sunday when his instagram comments are flooded with these opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

This is honestly so rude. If you dont like the Bobby videos, just dont watch them like me. Views speak enough. Shane couldnt possibly fire him or anything and this just makes things awkward.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

The latest Bobby video felt like such a sad desperate attempt to appeal to the viewers. I think like Bobby is being forced into this video style and format that he doesn't suit. If you look back at his old videos he is very much a video essay/commentary channel but now he's doing the typical cringey Youtube stuff that he would have scoffed at before. It would be like if H3H3 started doing prank videos out of nowhere, extremely left field.

When it comes down to it, Bobby just isn't as charismatic or funny as Shane is. Say what you want about Shane, but he knows how to keep people engaged and comfortable. Bobby hasn't got that IT factor, and frankly Shane constantly forcing him down our throats is going to make him even less popular with the audience. He should have just left all this Bobby shit at a simple shout out. This is just wayyyyy too much, and it comes across like Shane is doing it just so he can feel good about himself. "Guys I won my hater over with a car and a major subscription rise!!! I'm not a bad guy am I? I convinced a hater to love me!!! I'm cool right guys??"

fail_dawson
Debater
Debater

Post by fail_dawson »

It's kinda sad that Shane is going out of his way to help people and "produce" them but all of them ended up becoming major fails. Alexis (which I love and I think is doing great but it sure isn't thanks to Bomb dot com), Destery, The Psychic Twins, that girl from Clevver, that teen girl just a few months ago,... He just doesn't know how to do it.

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

Shane should bring back these teen actresses he worked with when he was doing sketches. They were really funny and talented.
But I guess he is too lazy to write sketches now.

Post by Guest »

i don't think he doesn't do sketches anymore because he's lazy, i think it's because all his humor is centered around ~sensitive~ topics like eating disorders or being suicidal. he doesn't know how to make stuff that isn't offensive (like he's constantly said people are "too sensitive" nowadays) so he just doesn't bother.

anastasiya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anastasiya »

The thing is, from the way they were hyping it I think people thought "The Bobby Show" was going to be different? Not just another weekend fill-in. I definitely did- I was picturing something really new and interesting, and Shane seemed excited about it, but it's just the same old filler stuff that nobody really wants. Although I appreciate Shane's intentions, his saviour complex can take over the rational side of him sometimes. It's HIS channel and people subscribe to see content from him, not random people. A shoutout/a few features would suffice if he wanted to help other youtubers. This is just too far, especially since his upload schedule has been so lax lately- they're about half of the videos on his channel at the moment.

Plus most of Bobby's videos have been let's say.... reminiscent of old Shane videos. The "buying comments" and "recreating youtuber thumbnails" Really Bobby? This isn't the way to make Shane's fanbase warm up to you after the lie detector video (which was a baaad baaad move on Shane's part, it made his fans distrust Bobby whether fairly or not) He's actually a quality youtuber so I don't know why he's putting out stuff like this on such a big platform!

I really do miss Shane's sketches, and I think if he started to do them again it would really breathe new life into his channel. I know he's hesitant because the internet culture has changed but there are ways to make offensive humour work without being "cancelled" (see Brandon Rogers, although admittedly his humour can be a bit smarter than Shane's- and he built his subscriber base purely out of offensive content. A lot of shane's newer fans are the "UwU my precious cinnamon bun can do no wrong" type) although I'm doubtful because there's such a watchful eye on Shane after his scandal.

I still like Shane's videos to some degree (although I mostly watch because of Garrett) but the 3-parter format has been waaaaay overdone. It really is just the same jokes over and over again with an event going on in the background lmao- "ME!!" "T R I G G E R E D" "EWWW" *self deprecating joke* etc. etc.

& the person a few pages ago who said it was spilling over on to Garrett to is so on the mark. I still love him to death but In earlier videos he definitely had a different sense of humour that I liked more- & he has been making a lot more body related self-deprecating jokes lately. Which is kind of :////

It would be better to sprinkle in some sitdown videos or conspiracy videos inbetween them. I'm interested to see what the next one is going to be about though, it feels like he's done everything there is to be done. Well I do hope for the best. Some 3-parters hit the target but others go completely haywire and kind of uncomfortable.

Whitesand
Informer
Informer

Post by Whitesand »

It’s hard as I LIKE Bobbys content, I like his main channel and I like Brand Sins (both of which have been neglected since he moved to LA) but this just isn’t working. I don’t know what I expected but it wasn’t this.

I don’t want bobby to just do a carbon copy of what I can get on his own channels, as I can just watch those, but he needs to do something he’s passionate about, you can tell he’s just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

If this is honestly what Shane wants, okay, but he should really be fostering creativity in those he “manages”

Marie_10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Marie_10 »

Have you guys seen Shane's tweet about Morgan?

Post by Guest »

[tweet][/tweet]

this one? :roll: :roll: :roll:

edit: sigh, screenshot didn't work.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

Marie_10 wrote:Have you guys seen Shane's tweet about Morgan?
Gross. Seriously, gross.

Whitesand
Informer
Informer

Post by Whitesand »

Ah shits gonna get messy with her crashing there

How long until she magically moves in with Garrett?

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I mean... she basically looks like a thicker, female Ryland so if there is a genuine attraction there, it's not too surprising. A weird boundary to cross and you know Ryland has to feel threatened.

mikkiarlert
Learner
Learner

Post by mikkiarlert »

I think Shane thinks if he refers to Morgan as his sister instead of Ryland's sister, it would be less weird, but it really isn't.

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by greenfaerie »

Still haven’t watched any of his videos, but I feel like the Bobby thing was rushed. They didn’t even have a clue what they were going to do when he got here, no reason they couldn’t have waited a month. I think Shane has too much on his plate, he’s trying to push these 3 parters, each time trying to top what he did last time while still having a life etc so the Bobby show probably got pushed under the rug and just like “here do this!” as a last minute resort. They made it sound like it would be something the two of them would be collabing on or something. Even though I’m not s big fan of Bobby, he seems smart so it would have been cool if they did some sort of like opinions/discussion show, attempt to bring up serious topics teens/young adults are dealing with. Since he’s a “hater” naturally you think contradicting opinions, could even bring all the other squad members in to guest (I guess kinda like what josh Colleen/Miranda sings ex was doing now that I recall) jdk would have been something..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boots22
Learner
Learner

Post by Boots22 »

What if he does a three parter where he leaves Ryland for Morgan, marries her, and end up with a child. Since all he talks about is her being a mother so much. Also I would be uncomfortable with my boyriend talking to my sister like that especially calling her a snack on social media. It's too creepy.

Return to “Shane Dawson”