Molly Burke

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
potater
Stalker
Stalker

Re: Molly Burke

Post by potater »

made an account just to share this. i don't remember which video this is because its from one of her haul-type videos. something really rubbed me wrong in one of them. she complained about how none of the models are disabled and how she would love to see disabled models. first of all, this just feels very hypocritical given how she's previously made videos about how not disabilities are visible. how does she know that not a single model featured doesn't have an invisible disability?
secondly, she was basically advertising herself and asking the brand to hire her as a disabled model which also feels a bit hypocritical since she would end up being the token disabled person model that every brand hires for "diversity".

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

yeah. Some of her stuff definitely seems hypocritical. On tiktok she was complaining about someone who didn't have an obvious disability using the accessible stall but they could have needed it? She very much gives off here's disability and it looks like me which isn't helping the larger community because it looks so different. Like one out of five americans are disabled. Like I understand that is how she views the world, but she also doesn't seem to allow for other voices who have similar needs but very different experiences.

She also talks about how marginalized the blind community is and how like 80% of them don't have jobs, but she doesn't do anything in her position of privilege to help fix that. She doesn't have to do much but subtle things could have a bigger impact. It's stuff like this where I feel like what she needs is very only focused on her individual needs and doesn't let other voices speak.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

There are some very interesting comments on her latest youtube post about how hard she is pushing patreon. She's making 20+ grand a month there yet is still pushing it so hard and trying to make it into a "club" even though there are too many people there for her to know personally and its getting ridiculous

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

Does anyone know what happened to Gallop? Is she or the family keeping him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PixieWithFangs
Learner
Learner

Post by PixieWithFangs »

SylvieMoon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:42 pm
Does anyone know what happened to Gallop? Is she or the family keeping him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's going to live his retirement with her mom and dad.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

I'm so annoyed she gave up the first dog without giving him a chance to settle down.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

yeah. Just sending the dog back after an hour and a half was a bit interesting. Like I'd atleast try to wait out the night to see what happens

she also talked about how they don't tether the dogs at all but had the dog tethered to her chair at breakfast

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

The dog's name is Bennix. We can all rest now.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

They messed up with the upload and she basically shamed the anonymous member on social media which is why its a day late. Its weird though coz you'd think she'd watch the videos through beforehand herself to make sure its all what she wants and presented correctly but apparently she doesn't and just blames her editing staff when things go wrong (there's a reason why other people look things over in the professional world).

the interesting thing is that more people have been calling her out about her behavior whether it be to caregivers or her employees on her youtube comments which is very interesting.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

I watched that video, yeah, it was just bleeped at the end. It came up in my Youtube recommends immediately, hah. I'm usually never that early to videos. I only watch the Youtube stuff so I wasn't aware she slammed this person on social media, where?
It wasn't the first time they had upload issues of some kind.
So far what I'm trying to find it's just 'Someone on my team messed up and uploaded the wrong one' which is hardly slamming, just an explanation...

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

she deleted the community post but she was using words like devastated and directing blame more towards her team member than owning the mistake collectively because it is her brand and she and her mother are ultimately responsible for the content that goes out

madgr
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by madgr »

Molly bothers me bc she had a dog for an hour and half in a brand new place and said he's too much for her without really giving him a chance. She wants pets/dogs to be robots. it's also really hard to find a "chill" dog that matches a really active lifestyle like she has, especially as a puppy. The chill dogs tend not to last as long in a working career for a really busy, on the go person because they don't always mentally stand up to it but Molly is more concerned about how the dog will fit her lifestyle rather than making small changes in her life to get a dog that will thrive in her life. i'm interested to see how he does in a really active, fast paced environment 24/7 when we come out of the pandemic.

Also she did not say that letting the dog on furniture is to assert dominance.... dominance theory has been debunked so many times

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

madgr wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:35 am
Molly bothers me bc she had a dog for an hour and half in a brand new place and said he's too much for her without really giving him a chance. She wants pets/dogs to be robots. it's also really hard to find a "chill" dog that matches a really active lifestyle like she has, especially as a puppy. The chill dogs tend not to last as long in a working career for a really busy, on the go person because they don't always mentally stand up to it but Molly is more concerned about how the dog will fit her lifestyle rather than making small changes in her life to get a dog that will thrive in her life. i'm interested to see how he does in a really active, fast paced environment 24/7 when we come out of the pandemic.

Also she did not say that letting the dog on furniture is to assert dominance.... dominance theory has been debunked so many times
Mira has gotten some critiques from the service dog world partially because of some of their training is somewhat outdated but also because they also do weight bearing mobility which does damage the dogs joints long term even if they're strong enough to handle it.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

I think that woman from the company doing her condo renovations is secretly going insane over Molly being a difficult, indecisive customer.
Or maybe she's rubbing her hands if she's charging by hour for these consultations. It seems it takes aaaaaaaaages with her to decide on something (and not just because she's blind).

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

I wonder if molly's brother has wanted to separate himself from molly/his parents by moving to europe and doesn't seem to be doing much with them at all even on the cruise video iirc he wasn't really mentioned even though he was supposedly there because it would make sense if he got sick of the stuff they'd do for molly.

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

Where is she moving to? I’m very confused one day she is moving to X place then another place. And at the same time choosing decoration for what home? I’m completely lost. Also what happened to her boyfriend?

Leanne
Learner
Learner

Post by Leanne »

Bennix is such a sweet dog, but it really bothers me that Molly doesn't discipline him at all. He's constantly acting unruly and trying to take things from her hands, yet she's just laughing it off and babytalking him. She's gonna be in big trouble if she lets it continue.

treesinthewind
Learner
Learner

Post by treesinthewind »

She's moving to the condo she bought and afaik her boyfriend lives with her.

How many scary or dramatic storytimes can one person have, though?

emmcd
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emmcd »

Anyone have the link for the discord? I've only ever really lurked so I got kicked out during the recent purge.

ceasg1
Learner
Learner

Post by ceasg1 »

the discord is patreon only iirc so might be getting stricter on that. She and adrian have broken up

Return to “A-M”