Markiplier - Part 14

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Markiplier - Part 14

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Continuing over from the last thread which has reached over 1000 posts.

Carry on folks!

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Markiplier - Part 14

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

At this point, Mark is just treading water. He's losing interest in YouTube. I can't entirely blame him either. The damn site has been screwing over all its content creators, including the big wigs who make them a lot of money. They don't care about anything but making a profit, which is why that psychopath Logan Paul got away with what he did.

At this point, I don't even understand why he stays other than for his own selfish desires. He's been proving time and time again lately that he doesn't care about his fans like he used to. 707's explanation at his tour showed it as well when a fan said he "saved" them and he didn't respond and moved on to another audience member. Not even a thank you or something along the lines of "No YOU saved yourself!" Just awkward silence and then "Next!" And yet when he's having a bad day after pretending to be happy for the millionth time, he runs off to his underage mentally unstable fans to cheer him up. It's a constant cycle of stupidity and selfishness at this point where the fans don't care about him as a human being and he doesn't care for his fans outside of an ego boost and self help that is only temporary.

And it sickens me even more when hearing how he thinks about his stepdad. In one of his livestreams, he was talking about how his stepdad is in a nursing home and has some kind of brain damage and how his mom visits him every day and makes sure he's well taken care of. You'd think that was sweet, except apparently a lot of people, including Mark, have tried pushing his mom to divorce him claiming she's trapping herself in a neverending cycle because she loves him. Boy, pot calling the kettle black there huh? Because he's certainly not helping himself get out of a rut, either through his job or his relationship. But at this point I expect the worst from him.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by cosmix »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:At this point, Mark is just treading water. He's losing interest in YouTube. I can't entirely blame him either. The damn site has been screwing over all its content creators, including the big wigs who make them a lot of money. They don't care about anything but making a profit, which is why that psychopath Logan Paul got away with what he did.
Yeah, the people who work at youtube SERIOUSLY need to step up their game. Honestly, it seems like a lot of them are SO out of touch that it's not even funny. :roll:
And honestly, as someone who consistently watches quite a few youtubers whose content is "too offensive" to be monetized or sometimes even exist on the website (many of which's channels have been put on some sort of blacklist or something because no matter what the video is it's instantly demonetized and only sometimes has the option to repeal), how youtube handled the logan paul thing genuinely infuriates me. I'm pretty sure showing the corpse of a suicide victim is worse than saying "feminism is stupid." :x
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:At this point, I don't even understand why he stays other than for his own selfish desires. He's been proving time and time again lately that he doesn't care about his fans like he used to. 707's explanation at his tour showed it as well when a fan said he "saved" them and he didn't respond and moved on to another audience member. Not even a thank you or something along the lines of "No YOU saved yourself!" Just awkward silence and then "Next!" And yet when he's having a bad day after pretending to be happy for the millionth time, he runs off to his underage mentally unstable fans to cheer him up. It's a constant cycle of stupidity and selfishness at this point where the fans don't care about him as a human being and he doesn't care for his fans outside of an ego boost and self help that is only temporary.
Yeah, with the not really responding thing, I think it's not the best course of action but I do understand where it comes from. Not only does it happen all the time, but there's people who make up hardships to get attention from him (like the person on twitter who pretended there was a young fan with cancer that wanted to say hi to Mark), and so giving too much attention can create incentive for more exploitation like that. As well as that it encouraged the sort of mindset of "this youtuber saved my life and solved my problems/cured my depression" which from what I've gathered Mark isn't too fond of (neither am I). All of that stuff. So basically, I get the why. My recommendation would be to say the thanks/you saved yourself thing that you said as well as encouraging them to seek real help, and then move on. Maybe a bit more if it's a kid, but that should be enough. :tu:
As for him going to fans for help...honestly it wouldn't bother me as much if a) the fanbase wasn't as batshit as it is, and b) if we knew that he was seeking actual help for these things and not just going to the fans. I get wanting the support and to vent and if it helps, cool, but it's the same sort of thing. The fans can't save you and aren't a replacement for real help and support. You need to take care of yourself.
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:And it sickens me even more when hearing how he thinks about his stepdad. In one of his livestreams, he was talking about how his stepdad is in a nursing home and has some kind of brain damage and how his mom visits him every day and makes sure he's well taken care of. You'd think that was sweet, except apparently a lot of people, including Mark, have tried pushing his mom to divorce him claiming she's trapping herself in a neverending cycle because she loves him. Boy, pot calling the kettle black there huh? Because he's certainly not helping himself get out of a rut, either through his job or his relationship. But at this point I expect the worst from him.
Oof...I wouldn't say saying that makes him or the other people saying it bad people, but more of just a different look at the situation. It really does depend on the situation. Like I know for me, my grandma is VERY mentally ill (she has a pretty bad case of narcissistic personality disorder). And for a while when I was younger, my family would still go and visit and spend time with her because obviously my mom in particular (since it was her mom) loved her. But she would constantly mistreat everyone (like how most birthdays and holidays I wasn't allowed to read the card she sent because it would say some horrible stuff, which is the same sort of stuff she'd say when we'd visit) and eventually it came to the point where we had to cut off contact completely because even though we loved her, it was for our own good. So even though it's not the same situation, I do understand where he's coming from on that one since I've seen my mom have to make that horrible decision. It's very hard emotionally to have a loved one in that kind of state. It's not necessarily the right decision in every situation, it really does just depend, but I get it. :love2:
I will say though...it's interesting coming from him, and I think you and I are on the same page there.
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

Tigerlilly360
Debater
Debater

Post by Tigerlilly360 »

What all happened on the tour that caused a lot of drama? I'm still trying to process what all happened. Did Ethan and Mark get in a fight or something?

Sunshinerain102
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunshinerain102 »

Silence is not necessarily the worst response to the "you saved me" thing. A smile and a nod is less likely to backfire on him than most responses. Saying "you helped yourself" is accurate, but will likely cause someone to whine or cause people to worship him more for being so 'humble'. I could be wrong, but I am not sure there is a right response to that statement, especially when it is directed at YouTubers and not trained therapists. :?

Changing topic slightly: Do you guys think Mark could become an engineer if he stopped YouTube? His 'fame' (or whatever he prefers to call it) might make it hard to get a normal job. He could finish his degree online, but in the job field people may recognize him and I don't know if that would poorly affect job prospects. It could be a reason for Mark staying on YouTube if @M0nkeeButt2590 is correct in assessing that he no longer enjoys making videos (though I would guess it is mostly because of the conniption that the fan base would have if/when he quits).

Oywiththedrama
Informer
Informer

Post by Oywiththedrama »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
And it sickens me even more when hearing how he thinks about his stepdad. In one of his livestreams, he was talking about how his stepdad is in a nursing home and has some kind of brain damage and how his mom visits him every day and makes sure he's well taken care of. You'd think that was sweet, except apparently a lot of people, including Mark, have tried pushing his mom to divorce him claiming she's trapping herself in a neverending cycle because she loves him. Boy, pot calling the kettle black there huh? Because he's certainly not helping himself get out of a rut, either through his job or his relationship. But at this point I expect the worst from him.
Seriously? This part really pisses me off. Divorce him? Just because he has an injury he can't control? Sorry but to me that's just bullshit. I'm a firm believer that when you marry someone, you stick with them in sickness and health; not abandon them when it becomes inconvient. I applaud his mother for wanting to stay with her husband even though what he is going might be difficult. That's what a committed relationship/marriage is about. I think I just lost major respect for Mark if he actually said that to his mother.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone here. This is kinda a touchy subject for me. I have a chronic illness and have had guys lose interest in me because of it (which, fine. Fair enough. It was early enough to not hurt that much). There's also a good chance I'll get worse. Like struggle-to-take-care-of-myself worse and honestly, it would probably devastate me if my husband divorced me, or was told to divorce me, because of it.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Sunshinerain102 wrote:Silence is not necessarily the worst response to the "you saved me" thing. A smile and a nod is less likely to backfire on him than most responses. Saying "you helped yourself" is accurate, but will likely cause someone to whine or cause people to worship him more for being so 'humble'. I could be wrong, but I am not sure there is a right response to that statement, especially when it is directed at YouTubers and not trained therapists. :?

Changing topic slightly: Do you guys think Mark could become an engineer if he stopped YouTube? His 'fame' (or whatever he prefers to call it) might make it hard to get a normal job. He could finish his degree online, but in the job field people may recognize him and I don't know if that would poorly affect job prospects. It could be a reason for Mark staying on YouTube if @M0nkeeButt2590 is correct in assessing that he no longer enjoys making videos (though I would guess it is mostly because of the conniption that the fan base would have if/when he quits).
Yeah, there really isn't a right response, but there are some responses that are better and worse than others. Silence isn't the best response, but it's definitely not the worst.
And I think he could but he'd probably have to stay out of the spotlight for a bit before getting an engineering job. I will say though since he seems to want his degree finished, dude! Pull a Lindsey Stirling! I mean, she had started her degree like ten years ago, but decided it was still important to her and worked to finish it while on tour and in LA and stuff, and she graduated a couple years ago. You can do it! :tu:
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I wonder if Mark was always bit of a dick even in his earlier days? :/

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

AquarianHorse wrote:I wonder if Mark was always bit of a dick even in his earlier days? :/
Probably but I guess it depends what type of dick (not like that). I mean, that is why my signature on here is what it is. :rofl:
I guess hopefully not a total dick, but I have a feeling that wasn't the case in the earlier days and it's more something that's developed in the more recent years. Obviously that's just a hunch but that's just my two cents.

Sunshinerain102
Debater
Debater

So Markiplier was nominated as Creator of the Decade for the Shorty Awards! That’s pretty cool. Congratulations to him!

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah :/ Kinda makes me sad. Some of the time, he seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. I mean yeah we have our moments and stuff. It's part of being human. Maybe it's because Mark is just more stressed and busy, even though he says he's happy, but it actually puts him in more of a sour mood but hides it?

Was Mark nominated for the shorty awards because Mark is short? I AM KIDDING MARK I AM JUST KIDDING! XD; If it helps you feel any better I am below average I think for a woman's height (4'11) So you're pretty darn tall to me Mark if ya stood next to me so :P

...........Deja vu I feel like I said something like this before.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

AquarianHorse wrote:Was Mark nominated for the shorty awards because Mark is short? I AM KIDDING MARK I AM JUST KIDDING! XD; If it helps you feel any better I am below average I think for a woman's height (4'11) So you're pretty darn tall to me Mark if ya stood next to me so
Lindsey Stirling won a shorty award and she's frickin tiny so...it's completely possible :rofl:
Honestly, Mark's not even short, he just has really tall friends. Isn't he like average height? XD
But seriously, that's pretty rad. :tu:
AquarianHorse wrote:...........Deja vu I feel like I said something like this before.
It was probably me...I'm only an inch taller than you...we can both be hobbit size together XD

Sunshinerain102
Debater
Debater

I believe Mark is 5 foot 10 inches. Average height for a US male is 5 foot 10.2 inches according to Google. So yeah he is average height.

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Sunshinerain102 wrote:I believe Mark is 5 foot 10 inches. Average height for a US male is 5 foot 10.2 inches according to Google. So yeah he is average height.
this is a bunch of bullshit ;-;
Offtopic: Just saying there are some times when I'm almost convinced that we really did all die in 2012 and now we're in hell. Because sometimes that'd make a lot of sense. Debunked. :tu:

Post by Guest »

Mark and Chica's reunion video on Twitter is so cute. Shes a happy pupper. :D <3

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Offtopic: I think we always been in hell on earth maybe before 2012. I sound so morbid and depressed(Well I do have depression so) right now. XD I mean it's true? The world is just messed up D: Back in the 80s and 90s, it wasn't this crazy.

I know right?! It's so adorable! :) Keep those kind of videos coming Mark, we want BOTH you and Chica in the videos :P Don't eat yellow you two! Actually I heard it's not good to eat snow period apparently.

Post by Guest »

Yeah! I'm glad Chica is doing well! :D Mark's Chica videos are always so adorable. It's nice to see them hanging out! :love2:

Btw, just caught up on the forms since I was gone, so sorry I missed asking this in the last form, but I can't figure out who Jezebel and Lilith are. I tried looking them up and nothing. They really are names that can't be spoken about and have been purged from existence? :rofl:
The world may never know. ;) Sorry for breaking the code of silence. :rofl:

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

DamienDidntDeserveIt wrote:Btw, just caught up on the forms since I was gone, so sorry I missed asking this in the last form, but I can't figure out who Jezebel and Lilith are. I tried looking them up and nothing. They really are names that can't be spoken about and have been purged from existence?
The world may never know. Sorry for breaking the code of silence.
The Jezebel thing that I said was a joke since it's also the name of a publication online that is...I don't even have words. It's cancer (yet also a gold mine). Just go to jezebel.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. So that was the joke. :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Ohhh. Thanks. :tu: :rofl:

Spectre
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Spectre »

Lurker and first-time poster here.

I really love Mark’s mom and think she’s hilarious. However, I find videos of Mark and his mom together awkward at times. Anyone else think so?

I’m curious about what path Mark has set for his content in 2018. I rarely watch his videos these days, but I’m quite excited to follow his trip to South Korea this Spring. I hope his videos get more personal this year – I’d love to see some more personal, well-edited and high-quality vlogs, even at the cost of his usual gaming videos.

I think content like that is low-key enough for him to not burn out and a good way to explore some new things. He’d keep his younger fans, and I think his now maturing fans would appreciate that type of content as well. I know he’s done some ad-hoc videos covering his personal interests (guitar etc.), but it would be interesting if they became a mainstay of his channel, with a bit more polish to them.

Return to “Markiplier”