Nail Career Education (Suzie)

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nail Career Education (Suzie)

Post by prctentious »

just wanted to start a thread because there isn't one and I wanted to talk about her collab with max estrada and her condescending replies to people who rightly said she was ignoring all his instructions and called her designs sloppy. I know it's old but I just saw it so lol

yourfaveisfake18
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Nail Career Education (Suzie)

Post by yourfaveisfake18 »

I love Suzie. Max Estrada is the one we should talk about! Did you know he's Asian? He has mutilated himself beyond recognition.

yourfaveisfake18
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by yourfaveisfake18 »

I think* he's Japanese.

CatInTheHat7
Learner
Learner

Post by CatInTheHat7 »

He for sure has transformed himself with all that plastic surgery including what I suspect was some sort of weight-loss surgery too.

Appears he is Mexican-American - as quoted from his mom in this interview from 2009 http://tucson.com/lifestyles/when-it-co ... 8ea14.html

Another old interview http://www.nailsmag.com/blogpost/103889/meet-max

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

CatInTheHat7 wrote:He for sure has transformed himself with all that plastic surgery including what I suspect was some sort of weight-loss surgery too.

Appears he is Mexican-American - as quoted from his mom in this interview from 2009 [url]<a class="vglnk" href="http://tucson.com/lifestyles/when-it-co ... 8ea14.html[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>tucson</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>lifestyles</span><span>/</span><span>when</span><span>-</span><span>it</span><span>-</span><span>comes</span><span>-</span><span>to</span><span>-</span><span>doing</span><span>-</span><span>nails</span><span>-</span><span>tucson</span><span>-</span><span>s</span><span>-</span><span>estrada</span><span>-</span><span>is</span><span>/</span><span>article</span><span>_</span><span>9e9226a9</span><span>-</span><span>e0b2</span><span>-</span><span>54a9</span><span>-</span><span>86c0</span><span>-</span><span>5eaedf88ea14</span><span>.</span><span>html</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Another old interview [url]<a class="vglnk" href="http://www.nailsmag.com/blogpost/103889/meet-max[/url" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>nailsmag</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>blogpost</span><span>/</span><span>103889</span><span>/</span><span>meet</span><span>-</span><span>max</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]
I KNEW IT. it's really gross how he has an entire page on fb dedicated to kawaii stuff about himself (I shit you not, he uses the word kawaii). I don't like how he profits off of the fetishization of east asian culture and still gets to make money as a ~serious artist~ when his products really aren't all that and sometimes are plain shitty.

StateOfNirvana_
Informer
Informer

Post by StateOfNirvana_ »

Doesn’t he blatantly rip off other (primarily Asian) artists’ designs as his for his products and sell overpriced things he got in bulk from wholesale Asian websites? Nothing he sells looks like good quality, and I’m not sure why Suzie loves him oh so much...aside from getting free product. He’s extremely cocky and pretentious as well. There’s something off about suzie to me, too. Just not sure exactly what it is. I prefer Kirsty from Naio Nails, myself if I’m honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

I don't know much about the specifics of his brand but I do remember that when they collaborated, sooo many people were talking about how bad his products and customer care sect was. She basically told all those people to shut up :roll: get that free product, I guess

StateOfNirvana_
Informer
Informer

prctentious wrote:I don't know much about the specifics of his brand but I do remember that when they collaborated, sooo many people were talking about how bad his products and customer care sect was. She basically told all those people to shut up :roll: get that free product, I guess
I think one of the things I dislike about her is how passive aggressive she is towards her viewers. Any time they say something remotely negative or they constructively criticize the brand or product she’s using, she makes very snide comments to them either in the comments or in her next video. It’s sad because she comes across as a very mature woman with a sense of humor, until she does that.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

StateOfNirvana_ wrote:I think one of the things I dislike about her is how passive aggressive she is towards her viewers. Any time they say something remotely negative or they constructively criticize the brand or product she’s using, she makes very snide comments to them either in the comments or in her next video. It’s sad because she comes across as a very mature woman with a sense of humor, until she does that.
YES. it's so strange because it doesn't really jive with the image she has. if anything, she should be satisfied and happy with how much people like her and put up with her quirks because very few other youtubers get that kind of treatment.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

I love suzie! after her huge growth due to jenna marbles i just don't find her content the same, for a while too i felt like there was just a lot of sponsor-ish content...like max estrada's stuff and the nail stamping bs. agreed with max just being weird as fuck in their collab, how can she be using such high quality supplies in her earlier videos but then use his his stuff and claim in the same vein that they're great...nah. I find her channel very educational and i don't hate her as a person, but i do find a lot of her nail designs boring and unoriginal. (i may look at too many japanese and korean nail artists though and just find a lot of her stuff extremely plain) btw random but i found grant to be really annoying too, i generally don't like videos of hers with guests though.

StateOfNirvana_
Informer
Informer

timesnewroman wrote:I love suzie! after her huge growth due to jenna marbles i just don't find her content the same, for a while too i felt like there was just a lot of sponsor-ish content...like max estrada's stuff and the nail stamping bs. agreed with max just being weird as fuck in their collab, how can she be using such high quality supplies in her earlier videos but then use his his stuff and claim in the same vein that they're great...nah. I find her channel very educational and i don't hate her as a person, but i do find a lot of her nail designs boring and unoriginal. (i may look at too many japanese and korean nail artists though and just find a lot of her stuff extremely plain) btw random but i found grant to be really annoying too, i generally don't like videos of hers with guests though.
Agree about videos with guests. I’m not sure why I dislike them. I also agree about her designs. They’re all very boring, unoriginal, and “safe”. I’ve never found her to be too talented in that regard, which is why I prefer Kirsten meakin. That girl is original, can freehand paint anything, and has won awards for it! Suzie is definitely talented. But in the regard that she’s definitely a more low-key, quick salon way. If that makes sense??

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

StateOfNirvana_ wrote: Agree about videos with guests. I’m not sure why I dislike them. I also agree about her designs. They’re all very boring, unoriginal, and “safe”. I’ve never found her to be too talented in that regard, which is why I prefer Kirsten meakin. That girl is original, can freehand paint anything, and has won awards for it! Suzie is definitely talented. But in the regard that she’s definitely a more low-key, quick salon way. If that makes sense??

Completely agree, it's wild to because i see her quoting people on IG for prices if done at her salon and they're about $100, which i understand for the quality and work put in but i rather pay that for something artistically unique...Suzie is gifted with technique but I agree very "safe" I need to check out Kirsten, i mostly look at nail art instagrams not really yt, i mainly watch suzie for her personality/knowledge not for style ideas on how to do my own nails lol

IHateCilantro
Informer
Informer

Post by IHateCilantro »

I love Suzie.

I think she was a model and hubby/cameraman was a B list rock star, they aged and found regular jobs.

cspaulding36
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cspaulding36 »

[quote=timesnewroman post_id=2892040 time=1518061245 user_id=22658]
I love suzie! after her huge growth due to jenna marbles i just don't find her content the same, for a while too i felt like there was just a lot of sponsor-ish content...like max estrada's stuff and the nail stamping bs. agreed with max just being weird as fuck in their collab, how can she be using such high quality supplies in her earlier videos but then use his his stuff and claim in the same vein that they're great...nah. I find her channel very educational and i don't hate her as a person, but i do find a lot of her nail designs boring and unoriginal. (i may look at too many japanese and korean nail artists though and just find a lot of her stuff extremely plain) btw random but i found grant to be really annoying too, i generally don't like videos of hers with guests though.
[/quote][quote=timesnewroman post_id=2892040 time=1518061245 user_id=22658]
[/quote]

cspaulding36
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cspaulding36 »

I agree & I think he’s just weird & his acrylic is ok but there is way better young nails ..than his I don’t like the grant videos.. it’s kinda yucky seeing a guy getting nails done..

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

imstated watching Suzie because of Jenna's acrylic nails videos. recently I've found her content hard to get through.
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

Beckettinga
Learner
Learner

Post by Beckettinga »

I know this thread is dead but I just wanted to point out how easily her opinion is bought. Kiara Sky is one of the worst nail brands I've ever tried, granted I've only tried their gel polishes, but they're so awful I actually prefer off-brand aliexpress gels. They are super sheer and there is always unmixed pigment in them so I always end up with little black and white spots on my nails. It really says something when cheap Chinese products are better quality controlled. There is no way in hell that as a nail artist, she genuinely thinks Kiara Sky gels are of good quality and endorses them because she believes in their products. Remember when she used her turn her nose up at dip powder and press on nails? She is a acrylic purist through and through. Suddently Kiara Sky has a gel press on nail kit, and Suzie thinks its soooo amazing. Kiara Sky has a dipping system and she thinks its great! Suzie is a shill, plain and simple. She does not give a fuck about the integrity of her work or having an honest opinion about nail products so long as she gets a cut.

Return to “Gurus With More Than 50,000 Subs”