Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Post by brokenwing29 »

I thought it was kind of a nod to Hayley's potential talent that the Hollywood agent lady they are staying with zoomed in on Hayley immediately and gave her her business card. Hayley's character (Harmony) seems to be in negotiations for some parts too. Not sure if anything will come of that, but it was a nice compliment to Hayley (the lady didn't show any interest in Annie's talents). Someone said the acting had gotten worse. I actually thought Brooke had gotten much better. In the first episode I had to admit to myself that she was an awful actress, though I have always liked her, but in this recent episode it seems to me she has been working on that. I didn't notice anyone else's acting getting better...in fact, I think Hayden might be trying even less than he did in the beginning. After all, all he has to do is stare into the distance and all the Hannie fans will squeal. I don't get how that guy would see Hayden and say he reminds him of himself when he was young (did he, too, possess only one facial expression as a boy?) and favor him over his own son. And where did Annie/Rhyme's speech at the end come from? Since when has her life been so difficult and since when has she had to work harder for things? It seemed to me they just wanted her and the older boy to have a conversation (still think he looks like a pedo being interested in her) and wanted Rhyme to sound all deep and meaningful and that's what came out. And Ellie said she hasn't had her first kiss yet. What about that scene in the first or second episode where she "does the make out" with that guy in the restroom? I get it's a low budget kids web show and that the target audience is super easy to please but can we get some continuity and realism here?

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:Hayley on the other hand. They need to cut trying to make Annie the star. Their money maker is Hayley. She is charismatic and charming and has great stage presence but Annie is so stiff and awkward and her acting is about as flat line as Hayden’s attitude.
Before they pursue anything with any of the children they need to stop thinking of them as money makers. Hayley may be the more talented of the 2, but that's not anything to be really proud of. Imagine if they had ACTUALLY put her in regular dance classes like was the plan a year ago when she quit gymnastics. There was no need to rush these girls, but instant fame was more important than actually cultivating talent. I would not be surprised if when Hayley is older she wants nothing to do with the industry.

Rntymc
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Bratayley- The

Post by Rntymc »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
keliza wrote:They need actual lessons, not a drop in class once every couple of months. Hayley has potential but no chance to develop it. Seems like Annie is more interested in the idea than in actually doing it and doesn't have the natural confidence.

In the vlog of the dance class the video was in slow motion. I guessed it was to cover up that they weren't keeping up as well as the others who are probably going to many classes a week. It is too bad they have to pretend the girls are already good at everything rather than showing them learning and working at it regularly. That could be a good example to young fans of they actually did that, but they would rather exploit the odd pseudo-fame they have come up with.
Hayley is decent, and wants to dance. She's been wanting to take dance classes for at least a year. The funniest (or saddest) thing about this is that Annie's character in CG is supposed to be on a dance team and obsessed with dance. The only thing that would be a bigger stretch would be if she was supposed to be a big equestrian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly think Annie would be happier being a cheerleader. Here me out. I was an all star cheerleader and still follow the sport. First of all, Allstar cheer is not your sideline cheer you imagine at football and basketball. As a matter of fact, there’s no real cheering. Instead it’s a 2.5 minute routine packed with tumbling, jump skills, stunting, flight skills, pyramid building, and dance. I really believe Annie liked gymnastics but the structure of it being such a precise and strict sport as well as an individual sport put a lot of pressure on her. Cheer is a team sport and is never an individual sport. There’s also a level of fame and influence that she can still regale in being a “cheerlebrity” and I think she could seriously make a world’s team (worlds is like the super bowl of cheer.) Maryland Twisters is a HUGE well known gym in Maryland. Obviously. Lol. Annie would probably be placed on a level 4 senior team because Annie doesn’t have a whip to double. Which I believe you have to have at least a double full (in gymnastics I think it’s called a double layout). She would also have to rebuild her strength, learn jumps and tumbling. But seriously, she would probably enjoy it a lot more than gymnastics. She would probably enjoy it more than being forced to be in the spotlight pretending to be some insanely talented country pop star.

As for Hayley. Yeah, she quit gymnastics to do dance but what did Katie and Billy do? Force her to be an actress. If Hayley was taking classes regularly(and I don’t see why she isn’t since she seems to be home all day with Billy doing nothing) she would actually do really well as a dancer. She has more control of her body than Annie does. I mean look at Annie’s arms vs Hayley’s. Annie has what they call spaghetti arms. Her hands are dangling and lifeless. No control. Hayley’s arms are locked and tight and strong and that’s the key in hip hop. Not floppy weak arms but everything being sharp and that’s achieved by locking your muscles.
Annie would NOT make a good cheerleader. A lot of moves are sharp and tight also, I’d personally say even more so than hip hop. I did all star cheerleading and if there’s one thing I consistently heard it was the coaches threating to tape sticks to someone’s arms. Plus she has zero energy and charisma. She would get devoured like the bowl of spaghetti she is at tryouts.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

RazzleDazzle46 wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:Hayley on the other hand. They need to cut trying to make Annie the star. Their money maker is Hayley. She is charismatic and charming and has great stage presence but Annie is so stiff and awkward and her acting is about as flat line as Hayden’s attitude.
Before they pursue anything with any of the children they need to stop thinking of them as money makers. Hayley may be the more talented of the 2, but that's not anything to be really proud of. Imagine if they had ACTUALLY put her in regular dance classes like was the plan a year ago when she quit gymnastics. There was no need to rush these girls, but instant fame was more important than actually cultivating talent. I would not be surprised if when Hayley is older she wants nothing to do with the industry.
Personally, I feel like Hayley quit because she wanted to dance. Hayley never took to gymnastics quite like Annie did. Even comparing the 2, Annie was like a level 4 or 5 by the time she was Hayley’s age and Hayley was only level 2... or 3? I think she found an interest in dance after all the Flair practices. But they “say” it was the “kids” who wanted to act so they took like 2 or 3 skype lessons while simultaneously auditioning for roles on Nickelodeon and Disney. Most people don’t do that. The talent pool is so large, that Annie and Hayley’s bland not really trained acting gets lost in the sea of kids who have done community theatre taken acting lessons who have extensive experience. That’s why they are working on a YouTube series with other poorly trained but well known celebrities. I mean MOST of these kids were scouted our from Musically. So how do you expect them to be great actors when al they can do is lip sync and move their phone around? I mean Baby Ariel in this show... So really, unless they were training and taking lessons, they will never get shows beyond youtube cause there is so much talent out there.

I agree. Brooke is getting better. But her fake crying seemed too obviously fake. Brooke and Hayley are the only ones who really seem to have potential. All the other characters are flat, boring, have no personality and no emotion.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Rntymc wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
keliza wrote:They need actual lessons, not a drop in class once every couple of months. Hayley has potential but no chance to develop it. Seems like Annie is more interested in the idea than in actually doing it and doesn't have the natural confidence.

In the vlog of the dance class the video was in slow motion. I guessed it was to cover up that they weren't keeping up as well as the others who are probably going to many classes a week. It is too bad they have to pretend the girls are already good at everything rather than showing them learning and working at it regularly. That could be a good example to young fans of they actually did that, but they would rather exploit the odd pseudo-fame they have come up with.
Hayley is decent, and wants to dance. She's been wanting to take dance classes for at least a year. The funniest (or saddest) thing about this is that Annie's character in CG is supposed to be on a dance team and obsessed with dance. The only thing that would be a bigger stretch would be if she was supposed to be a big equestrian.

I honestly think Annie would be happier being a cheerleader. Here me out. I was an all star cheerleader and still follow the sport. First of all, Allstar cheer is not your sideline cheer you imagine at football and basketball. As a matter of fact, there’s no real cheering. Instead it’s a 2.5 minute routine packed with tumbling, jump skills, stunting, flight skills, pyramid building, and dance. I really believe Annie liked gymnastics but the structure of it being such a precise and strict sport as well as an individual sport put a lot of pressure on her. Cheer is a team sport and is never an individual sport. There’s also a level of fame and influence that she can still regale in being a “cheerlebrity” and I think she could seriously make a world’s team (worlds is like the super bowl of cheer.) Maryland Twisters is a HUGE well known gym in Maryland. Obviously. Lol. Annie would probably be placed on a level 4 senior team because Annie doesn’t have a whip to double. Which I believe you have to have at least a double full (in gymnastics I think it’s called a double layout). She would also have to rebuild her strength, learn jumps and tumbling. But seriously, she would probably enjoy it a lot more than gymnastics. She would probably enjoy it more than being forced to be in the spotlight pretending to be some insanely talented country pop star.

As for Hayley. Yeah, she quit gymnastics to do dance but what did Katie and Billy do? Force her to be an actress. If Hayley was taking classes regularly(and I don’t see why she isn’t since she seems to be home all day with Billy doing nothing) she would actually do really well as a dancer. She has more control of her body than Annie does. I mean look at Annie’s arms vs Hayley’s. Annie has what they call spaghetti arms. Her hands are dangling and lifeless. No control. Hayley’s arms are locked and tight and strong and that’s the key in hip hop. Not floppy weak arms but everything being sharp and that’s achieved by locking your muscles.
Annie would NOT make a good cheerleader. A lot of moves are sharp and tight also, I’d personally say even more so than hip hop. I did all star cheerleading and if there’s one thing I consistently heard it was the coaches threating to tape sticks to someone’s arms. Plus she has zero energy and charisma. She would get devoured like the bowl of spaghetti she is at tryouts.
Well her sharp execution can be fixed. She has energy but not when she has to do stuff. I just think it’s less stiff and precise than gymnastics. The tumbling passes are more laid back than in gymnastics (as in you don’t have to throw the pass and then salute every time you finish). Plus it’s a team sport so it’s less focused on Annie. There’s the glitz and the glam aspect. Plus I think cheer competitions are way more fun than gymnastics meets. Her actual execution is fixable. But I think that’s why she wouldn’t make a level 5 world’s team right off the bat. Because she doesn’t have the right tumbling passes and because she needs at least a year to really learn how to be a cheerleader.

brokenwing29
Informer
Informer

Post by brokenwing29 »

Annie did excel more at gymnastics than Hayley. I think there were a few reasons for that. Not knowing much about the sport, Annie just looks more like the type who do well. Hayley is tall and thin where Annie's frame is more compact. Hayley just looks more like a dancer. More importantly, Hayley resisted taking gymnastics at first. She would throw a fit when she had to go and had to be bribed into doing it. I think Annie was a more agreeable toddler/young child and probably just went along with her mother's goals of continuing her own gymnastics dreams through her kids. Also, Annie seemed to genuinely love the sport. At one point the kids were naming what they wanted to be when they grew up and Annie seemed really disappointed when Hayley (who was very little) didn't say gymnast, as though she wanted Hayley to follow in her footsteps. I am kind of surprised Annie eventually lost that passion for it, she seemed really into it.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

brokenwing29 wrote:And Ellie said she hasn't had her first kiss yet. What about that scene in the first or second episode where she "does the make out" with that guy in the restroom? I get it's a low budget kids web show and that the target audience is super easy to please but can we get some continuity and realism here?
I didn't even catch that, wow :o

Post by Guest »

This show is WAY too mature and I can't take it seriously because they all look like they're twelve.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

brokenwing29 wrote:Annie did excel more at gymnastics than Hayley. I think there were a few reasons for that. Not knowing much about the sport, Annie just looks more like the type who do well. Hayley is tall and thin where Annie's frame is more compact. Hayley just looks more like a dancer. More importantly, Hayley resisted taking gymnastics at first. She would throw a fit when she had to go and had to be bribed into doing it. I think Annie was a more agreeable toddler/young child and probably just went along with her mother's goals of continuing her own gymnastics dreams through her kids. Also, Annie seemed to genuinely love the sport. At one point the kids were naming what they wanted to be when they grew up and Annie seemed really disappointed when Hayley (who was very little) didn't say gymnast, as though she wanted Hayley to follow in her footsteps. I am kind of surprised Annie eventually lost that passion for it, she seemed really into it.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Did my reply not go through? :x

I was saying how she did seem to like the sport but when it became to hard, she lost interest. Annie seems like the type to work for it. But she’s not. She’s quite lazy. Her coaches were rather laid back on the gymnasts. If you compared Whitney Bjerken’s training videos to Annie’s, you can see the level of focus and seriousness in Whitney that you never saw at First Class. Gymnastics was “cool” remember? They always tried to promote that being a gymnast was “fun” and that’s why those gymnasts weren’t very good when it came to competing. Because they weren’t being conditioned properly.

Part of what made Annie dislike the sport I think was her lack of readiness for the upper levels 7,8 and especially 9. She wasn’t strong enough for the skills required to compete those levels so it made it a lot harder on her. The lack of proper training is why all these gymnasts are getting hurt. Annie always overcompensated technique to be able to throw skills. Pointed toes, strong arms. Her beam routine the last few seasons she competed was terrible in comparison to Whitney’s. She wasn’t strong enough to do most of those skills. Her bar routine was so bad. She had chronic banana back in her handstands. She never achieved a straight up and down handstand in any of her skills. She wasn’t strong enough for those skills but they rushed her through the levels. They literally let her skip the entire level 8 season and compete level 9 when she was barely strong enough to compete level 7. So I think a lot of her losing passion in the sport was the lack of proper coaching, people comparing her, work ethic to do the conditioning. She used to love doing meets when she was younger. But it was only by level 7 that the “I hate competing” comments started surfacing. But really, I would be too if I was barely medaling. Her scores were always so low compared to other gymnasts. Watching some of her last meets, the scores of the other gymnasts at the same meet were 2 or 3 whole points above Annie. I would get discouraged too if I was being pushed further than I was physically ready to go and being compared constantly to other gymnasts. That’s why I said she probably would like cheer better. It’s a fun sport but still encorporates tumbling skills and flexibility. But the stress of being the best isn’t really a thing in cheer because it’s a team sport and not an individual sport.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Ugh. New song. She makes the word "break" into a bunch of syllables: bra-a-a-a-a-ah-ache" or something like that.. It's awful. And the minions are eating it up.

vmars87
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vmars87 »

wait... so annie gets two rooms and hayley doesn't even get one to herself? lmao wow

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

vmars87 wrote:wait... so annie gets two rooms and hayley doesn't even get one to herself? lmao wow

According the minions, Annie needs more space because she's 13 and Hayley is 9.

I didn't realise that Hayley must give up some of her space because she is younger.

Hmm, the logic of the minions blows my mind.

Post by Guest »

tomorrow100 wrote:
vmars87 wrote:wait... so annie gets two rooms and hayley doesn't even get one to herself? lmao wow

According the minions, Annie needs more space because she's 13 and Hayley is 9.

I didn't realise that Hayley must give up some of her space because she is younger.

Hmm, the logic of the minions blows my mind.
What does 1 girl need two rooms for? It could have been a study room for both of them.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

lmmomSD wrote:Ugh. New song. She makes the word "break" into a bunch of syllables: bra-a-a-a-a-ah-ache" or something like that.. It's awful. And the minions are eating it up.

Yeah, I thought it had the potential to be a little better than the others (the bar is pretty low in my mind) but that part made it sound like a robot was singing and then it broke. Even if you could overlook the autotune elsewhere (I can't) that bit is like being beat over the head by it. It is a combination of the song and the execution... It doesn't fit in with the rest and you need a pretty talented singer to pull that off half decently.

I skimmed through the CG episode to see it and I don't think Annie even knew the song when they filmed because she could barely lip sync it. Convincing...

Post by Guest »

"sometimes it feels like what comes easy to everyone else is hard for me. like, i have to stress and work and try so much harder." I lol'd.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

keliza wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Ugh. New song. She makes the word "break" into a bunch of syllables: bra-a-a-a-a-ah-ache" or something like that.. It's awful. And the minions are eating it up.

Yeah, I thought it had the potential to be a little better than the others (the bar is pretty low in my mind) but that part made it sound like a robot was singing and then it broke. Even if you could overlook the autotune elsewhere (I can't) that bit is like being beat over the head by it. It is a combination of the song and the execution... It doesn't fit in with the rest and you need a pretty talented singer to pull that off half decently.

I skimmed through the CG episode to see it and I don't think Annie even knew the song when they filmed because she could barely lip sync it. Convincing...
There is no fluidity to that part. I only sang in the church choir when I was in high school, but even I know that you can't make a one syllable word into many syllables and make it sound good without making it fluid. It's hard to describe what I mean. It's the way she makes it several distinct syllables.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lmmomSD wrote:
keliza wrote:

There is no fluidity to that part. I only sang in the church choir when I was in high school, but even I know that you can't make a one syllable word into many syllables and make it sound good without making it fluid. It's hard to describe what I mean. It's the way she makes it several distinct syllables.

It seemed to me they were taking a ballad/heartfelt emotional song and adding some weird EDM to it. Like that kind of thing you would hear in an Ellie Goulding song or Chainsmokers. But the fact that it was a slow ballad, the synchopated vowels seemed out of place. It was like they added it to make it more catchy cause nothing else about that song was memorable at all. It would have been better if they had her sing it like a run... but she probably doesn’t even know what runs are never mind be able to do them. It would have sounded better for the feel of the song if she had done a small run but again... that would require her knowing how to sing.

PinkGinFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by PinkGinFairy »

Unpopular opinion but I think Annie’s acting was better in these “LA” episodes she seemed less wooden in her delivery of her lines. Not saying I think she’s an amazing actress or anything but she seemed better.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Lauralou_15 wrote:Unpopular opinion but I think Annie’s acting was better in these “LA” episodes she seemed less wooden in her delivery of her lines. Not saying I think she’s an amazing actress or anything but she seemed better.
Yeah. It’s baby steps. The more you do it the more ntural you become. But there’s so much more than looking comfortable. There’s almost a disconnect between the characters that makes me feel like none of it is it real. The chemistry isn’t there. That scene when Tk goes to talk to his friend about his dad... that scene was so flat it was almost dead. There was no emotion and no connection. They need to work on making connections with each other. I don’t believe that these characters are real. Compare to the TV show FRIENDS... I believe their stories and believe those friendships. Because they can act beyond delivering the lines. There’s connections in more than just words that lacks tremendously with these kids.

Return to “Bratayley”