Candles!

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Candles!

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Currently I'm burning Anthropologie's Fir+Firewood. Their Capri Blue candles are expensive but having a few is really worth it to me.

I'm super disappointed in Bath and Bodywork's packaging this year (the ugly "quote" candles) so I haven't gotten as many as I would normally. I'm loving hot cocoa and cream tho.

Is there a candle vloggers thread on here? Those people are some of the WEIRDEST on YouTube. Just profoundly strange. :?

Shelbieanne95
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Re: Candles!

Post by Shelbieanne95 »

I was pretty upset with B&BW too...

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

I love candles, I watch candle reviewers too lol. Some of them are out there and the drama that goes on around something as silly as candles is hilarious.

The quote labels are actual trash.

I'm burning pink petal tea cake right now. Totally disappointed, it doesn't live up to the hype. It's just a light rose scent, I hardly smell any cake.
BOO

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I'm having a ton of issues with my B&BW three wicks lately. Uneven burn and sad puny wicks. I've been trying to nurse them into having even pooling with tin foil and doing the cotton ball thing. Do you guys have any other tips?

I think it must be the new wax formula they're using. I don't have these issues with my older candles or the sweet shoppe ones because they are the old formula.

Twiglet
Informer
Informer

Post by Twiglet »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:I'm having a ton of issues with my B&BW three wicks lately. Uneven burn and sad puny wicks. I've been trying to nurse them into having even pooling with tin foil and doing the cotton ball thing. Do you guys have any other tips?

I think it must be the new wax formula they're using. I don't have these issues with my older candles or the sweet shoppe ones because they are the old formula.
I definitely think they changed wax. Mahogany Apple, my favourite, the year before last was AMAZING. I got one this past year, and it was dismal at best. It changed from green to white, and you had to hold your nose above the candle to smell it. All throw was lost. It was MAJOR disappointment. However, I have a 'Hooray' candle that the wick just will not give up! I don't know what version they are, but I've been trying to 'finish' this one for a solid 4 days. They should consider exclusively using that wick type.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Even ones that seem to have a good burn at first are dudding out and getting sad wicks at the halfway point for me. The most recent being champagne toast. The only candle I've bought recently that had a perfect burn was frosted cupcake and like I said I think that one is the old formula. At this point I might start buying old versions of stuff from past years on Mercari.

sigma3zl
Talker
Talker

Post by sigma3zl »

I follow a lot of the candle vloggers (candlecafe, canadakim, etc) and everyone's going over to vendor wax for the most part.

I have had so many issues with B&BW candles that I've gone over to vendor wax and I'm just going to finish up my candle collection (unlike some crazy people who buy like 10 of each scent for their collections). I have like 40 candles left to go through. I hate that they steal designs from others.

Vendor wax is also crazy full of drama. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about that stuff, but maybe not enough people follow different vendors.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

sigma3zl wrote:I follow a lot of the candle vloggers (candlecafe, canadakim, etc) and everyone's going over to vendor wax for the most part.

I have had so many issues with B&BW candles that I've gone over to vendor wax and I'm just going to finish up my candle collection (unlike some crazy people who buy like 10 of each scent for their collections). I have like 40 candles left to go through. I hate that they steal designs from others.

Vendor wax is also crazy full of drama. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about that stuff, but maybe not enough people follow different vendors.
I've been wanting to get in to vendor wax but don't know where to start. Right now I'm just using the cheap better homes and gardens stuff and the candles that I've "depotted" (melted the last bit of unburnable wax out to re-use the jar) for my warmer.

princesspeachie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by princesspeachie »

PF Candle Co has my all time favorite candle, No14 Campfire. It's a smoky, woody, fragrance with base notes of strawberry and vanilla. Which sounds odd but it smells like cooking smores over a campfire in the woods.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

I've been obsessed with vendor wax for like 6 months now, I don't think I've brought a bbw candle since January (I used to buy every/every other sale). If you're looking into getting into it definitely join wax chat on fb, that group is super helpful.

I'm loving raspberry peach macaron fronm bbw right now, it smells like fruity cotton candy to me. I'm so glad I got back ups.
BOO

Return to “Home”