Following :)

RenegadeRobin
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Markiplier - Part 12

Post by RenegadeRobin »

Yes, yes. Hi. Old Lurker. New account. How do you do?

So I've been wondering, if y'all dislike Amy or just dont like her for Mark. What kind of girl DO you guys imagine Mark to be with? I know some of you kind of answered this a little bit, but I've been following this thread for some time now, I'm interested to know. Because so far, after reading things on here and looking at those two. I think Amy is actually....kinda perfect for him? A while back I sent someone my thoughts of their relationship, but it was kinda long so I'll shorten it here.

Mark is an extremely busy guy, and also someone who is very in touch with their feelings. I feel that he actively looked for a girl that he could "come home to" after a hard day of work. (I know they dont live together.) Since I suppose he decided he cant go home every time he's down, I wonder if he thought if it'd be best to bring a piece of home with him? And I think Mark is the kind of guy that wants someone around him almost all the time. (Didnt he say something like, he didnt like being/living alone in the house, or something?)
And then there's Amy, who is fresh out of college, out of a relationship, does not know what she wants or who she is, and is in the age where she just wants to have as much fun as possible, has an open schedule all the time for anything Mark wants to do. I also wonder if 23 year old Amy makes 28 year old Mark "feel younger"? And to work while having fun, and you get to do/go whatever without worrying about money AND youre dating the boss? Im the same age as Amy and that shit sounds like The Dream™ to me. (insert ok hand emoji)

That being said, I dont think someone like Mark would be...ok?...with a responsible and more mature girl? Or at least one who's a workaholic as much as he is, because then they'll never be able to see each other. Idk, I just see this scenario of Mark asking the busy responsible girl out on a date or to come with him at pax or something and she's just "Oh! I cant, sorry. I have a project to do" or something. I just feel like Mark would not be down for that. Like I said before, he wants someone thats around constantly, not just "when she's off, maybe".

This came out longer than I thought it would. But the questions still stands; What kind of girl do YOU guys imagine Mark to be with?

Kaida01
Learner
Learner

Post by Kaida01 »

Hi there,

Longtime lurker, first time poster but here goes.

In my opinion Mark needs someone to ground him maybe someone a little older. To help him with his creative outlets but at the same time not be in his face (or his channel) all the time. She need to be able to have her own "life" hobbies job. She doesn't have to be there all the time whether it's his livestreams *cough cough* Amy *cough* or "vlogs/with fans/conventions or even on tour.

And that someone can compromise with, as well as respect his choices and not be condescending even if it seems playful. He needs someone who will give him space ,but be there when he wants/needs them to be. Someone who isn't as ingrained in the fandom, who keeps her life minimal on social media instead of posting on every aspect of their life. But she needs to be able to speak up when needed and keep that personal relationship as it is, not share it so much in the world. But again that's my opinion

Mark seems to use Amy as a crutch, like he's lost himself somewhere along the line and Amy fills that feeling. She seems to overwhelming and at times can be overbearing and Mark let's her be, because he won't speak up about it. He doesn't call her out when she acts up and in a sense disrespects /embarrasses him. Working for Mark well that's a mistake, plain and simple. Amy just needs to go. She has alot of growing up to do. Mark needs to find himself first instead of just being in a relationship just because. Forget what the fandom had to say about Amy, forget everything else. Mark just needs to focus on what exactly Mark wants in his life. He's going to be 30 soon and he needs to figure out what to do next . I briefly remember inn a game (emily is away 2?) He talked about moving to New York, well why not move there, he would be closer to his family and can visit anytime, YouTube is still big in New York as well as there's alot of outlets there as well.

I feel as if Mark's stuck in an endless loop of trying to make people happy and at the same time trying to convince himself he is happy with who he is with. Something isint right, when Amy was unintentionally introduced to the fandom, it feels forced or rather scripted but that's my thoughts on that part. I agree with the prior statement which Mark needs to stop and take time away from everyone girlfriend included and really clear his head. Take a vacation, go hiking, do something maybe go camping with his brother, and just enjoy. Without amy or teamiplier etc.

Sorry for the long wall of text but yes, back to the shadows I go
" I rather be a YouTube Princess.. "

Kaida01
Learner
Learner

Post by Kaida01 »

Hi there,

Longtime lurker here, you can call me Kai

In my opinion Mark needs someone to ground him maybe someone a little older. To help him with his creative outlets but at the same time not be in his face all the time. She need to be able to have her own "life" hobbies, and job. She doesn't have to be there all the time whether it's his livestreams *cough cough* Amy *cough* or "vlogs/with fans/conventions or even on tour.

And that someone can compromise with, as well as respect his choices and not be condescending even if it seems playful. He needs someone who will give him space, but be there when he wants/needs them to be. Someone who isn't as ingrained in the fandom, who keeps her life minimal on social media, instead of posting on every aspect of their life. But she needs to be able to speak up when needed and keep that personal relationship as it is, not share it everywhere or what they're doing. ( Again Amy -snapchat Instagram etc) But again that's my opinion.

Mark seems to use Amy as a crutch, like he's lost himself somewhere along the line and Amy fills that feeling. She seems to overwhelming and at times can be overbearing and Mark let's her be, because he won't speak up about it. He doesn't call her out when she acts up and in a sense disrespects /embarrasses him. Working for Mark well that's a mistake, plain and simple. Amy just needs to go. She has alot of growing up to do. Mark needs to find himself first instead of just being in a relationship just because. Forget what the fandom had to say about Amy, forget everything else. Mark just needs to focus on what exactly Mark wants in his life. He's going to be 30 soon and he needs to figure out what to do next . I briefly remember inn a game (emily is away 2?) He talked about moving to New York, well why not move there, he would be closer to his family and can visit anytime, YouTube is still big in New York as well as there's alot of outlets there as well.

I feel as if Mark's stuck in an endless loop of trying to make people happy and at the same time trying to convince himself he is happy with who he is with. Something isint right, when Amy was unintentionally introduced to the fandom, it feels forced or rather scripted but that's my thoughts on that part. I agree with the prior statement which Mark needs to stop and take time away from everyone girlfriend included and really clear his head. Take a vacation, go hiking, do something maybe go camping with his brother, and just enjoy. Without amy or teamiplier etc.
" I rather be a YouTube Princess.. "

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Kai, you summoned up my feelings exactly on this! :respekt:

A relationship is a compromise and for Mark to want a girl to cater to every aspect of his life while leaving none for herself is unrealistic and unhealthy. And it's not healthy for Amy to just take up her relationship as her whole identity either, which she has done for both her old relationship and now this one, which is helped spurred on by the fanbase who only see her and Mark as cartoons and expect from them what they see in works of fiction.

Besides Mark isn't going to be doing YouTube forever. He said that 3 years might be all he has left there, and I still think he's being too optimistic, because his heart isn't in it like it used to be. He's slowing down, he's backing away from his fans, his heart isn't in it anymore. And I can't see him doing improv or acting or music at this point because not only are his skills lacking, but despite being out in LA for years he has rarely taken advantage of any of the opportunities out there unlike other Youtubers with way less subs than him. He's isolated himself so much that the only people he collabs with are just in his inner circle of friends, which seems to get smaller and smaller with every passing day.

And when he does quit and eventually either go back to college and finish his engineering degree or goes to find some other kind of job away from the public spotlight, do you really think Amy will stick around at that point? A girl with no job, no goals of her own, who clings to him like a wad of gum and needs constant attention/validation while she disrespects him and wastes money away on soylent, coffee, and other luxuries?

And I agree with you Kai that Mark right now is lost. Between the whole of 2015 and especially the loss of Daniel, he has not fully recovered. He really should've stuck with therapy, but by his actions I think he gave up too early in the session or never went at all. Which is why I think he clings to Amy. He met her at one of the lowest points in his life. She also has a lot of similarity to his ex Jess, someone whom he was happy with for a long time before things went south. So he jumped into a relationship he wasn't emotionally ready for in an attempt to feel happiness again. Only it isn't working and he is constantly trying to convince himself and others that he is happy. That nothing is wrong. But clearly there is, and some fans have noticed it too. They're just not allowed to say it out loud for fear of backlash.

mslittleactress
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mslittleactress »

I was thinking about this Jess and Amy remind me of myself in my first and only relationship. See I entered my first ever relationship at 19, with no experience prior. I clung onto my ex like crazy because I had gone through years of emotional and physical abuse, both by peers and people who should of cared about me. When we broke up I shattered, I will never be the same but I have grown a ton since then. I was unemployed during that time yet I was going to school. Now I'm not in school took a break for my mental health, been at my job for almost a year never missing a day (even when I throw up at work), and walk myself to work since I can't drive even in winter. As someone who lives in Ohio, let me tell you our winters suck. I also got into therapy and on anti depressants that I should of been on years ago. I do hope that both Amy and Mark find happiness and grow up realizing a person isn't going to make you happy. That you can't rely on them to fix everything.

Eeveelutions03
Talker
Talker

Post by Eeveelutions03 »

I would probably be shooting myself in the foot here, because im most likely going to describe someone as far from myself as possible (sad truth in all honesty). But when i imagine Mark with someone I imagine someone who is in between Jess and Amy (social media/online presence wise). When he was with Jess, she was less known (other then on here) by the fandom and she worked in the background helping out with videos/ideas here and there. While on the flip side we have Amy who is very well known in the fandom and has way more of an online presence becuase of it. Who is in just about every other thing weather you like it or not. If you can just combine both of these situations into one person that would be great. Someone who can be online without that much of a problem, who also will step back and help out in the background.

Now age wise im pretty sure he would be able to make it work with someone younger then him (his current relationship) or his age/older, it depends on the person, because i have met plenty of people who are older then me (I'm 22) who might as well be considered teenagers. And i have met people my age and younger who seem wise beyond their years. Like i said it depends on the person, and weather or not Mark is even attracted to older women to begin with.

Like as much as i would like to think that Mark is pretty open when it comes to his 'taste' in women, we have seen two girlfriends so far (Even though there are more in the past). And even though they look different they still share some similarities, that Mark may find himself drawn to...who knows? Probably the Biggest reason why I believe I have no chance with him (other then many other obvious reasons) is because i dont really "look" like the girls he has been with. And based off what he said he is generally attracted to (red hair and green eyes if i am remembering correctly, ironic since that is the opposite of who we have seen him dating so far). The only reason why I have the smallest amount of hope is because he has shown fondness towards Lola(?) from Huniepop and Twintelle from Arms (Even though they are fictional video game characters so they probably dont count in the long run).

Occupation wise I feel like he would do great with someone who is doing something they honestly enjoy. Because even though he says that he doesn't really like to be alone, he has also stated that he gets more energy having his alone time. So someone who could work on herself and her projects when he needs some space, but could still be there if he wanted someone with him, and vise versa. Someone who has interest that are different from his but ride together in some way. Like him being with Someone who cosplays would be cool ( i know that Jess was/is a cosplayer), but with Jess it didn't seem like she cosplayed at the conventions she would attend with Mark ( i dont think? Please correct me if im wrong here). Or just with someone who has their own craft that they adore so maybe they can pump each other up and inspire each other.

Someone who is a family type person. Mark has a large family (half of which consists of alot of nieces and nephews) and someone who is good with kids and isnt in the biggest hurry to get married would be cool too. I'm pretty sure Mark will get married in the future (probably the far future) or if not at least have kids, so someone who at least wouldnt mind children or getting married at some point.

Also someone who isn't super into materialistic gains or is only attracted to just his looks. So in other words nobay who is extremely shallow and heavily depends on "skin deep".

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to put my input, but at the end of the day Mark is his own person and it is his choice who he wants to spend his time with. Weather that person continues to be Amy or not.

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

I just needed to understand something here......what are the chances that Mark got to have a girlfriend who would look that Good? Huh? I mean, I just don't get it just how "lucky" he got with her, when he had jess? It doesn't make sense to me! Why go through all that trouble with one girl, just so he could have a better one in the future? For her to be just as bad like Jess? I'm so confused. It's like he went through all the trouble to find the perfect girl. Especially on Tinder. To have the same aspects as jess, just not so clingy. And doesn't "beg" for money. Just was hoping he would have learned by now....Nope!

RenegadeRobin
Informer
Informer

Post by RenegadeRobin »

Like as much as i would like to think that Mark is pretty open when it comes to his 'taste' in women, we have seen two girlfriends so far (Even though there are more in the past). And even though they look different they still share some similarities, that Mark may find himself drawn to...who knows? Probably the Biggest reason why I believe I have no chance with him (other then many other obvious reasons) is because i dont really "look" like the girls he has been with. And based off what he said he is generally attracted to (red hair and green eyes if i am remembering correctly, ironic since that is the opposite of who we have seen him dating so far). The only reason why I have the smallest amount of hope is because he has shown fondness towards Lola(?) from Huniepop and Twintelle from Arms (Even though they are fictional video game characters so they probably dont count in the long run).
Bro. I know a little how you feel. When I was super into Mark, I noticed a lot of things we had in common and would daydream that maybe I would be a good.....for a lack of better words- "candidate gf" if I ever met him, legitimately (not like at a con or something) but as the days went by and girlfriends were found, i noticed that he (and a hefty majority of youtubers) might have a certain taste in girls. Particularity; skinny, blonde/brunette, nerdy, fair skinned, no impurities, girls. The complete opposite of what I could ever be.

But times change and im trying to not compare myself so much to them and attempt to like (maybe even be a little ok with) myself.

RenegadeRobin
Informer
Informer

Post by RenegadeRobin »

For any of you that wondering why Tyler has been quiet on twitter, he stated on his instagram livestream that he was just busy with projects and stuff, preparing for pax, and whatever thing he's doing with mark. Good to know he's ok. :tu:

Tigerlilly360
Debater
Debater

Post by Tigerlilly360 »

RenegadeRobin wrote:For any of you that wondering why Tyler has been quiet on twitter, he stated on his instagram livestream that he was just busy with projects and stuff, preparing for pax, and whatever thing he's doing with mmark. Good to know he's ok. :tu:
Thank you for the update.

Eeveelutions03
Talker
Talker

Post by Eeveelutions03 »

RenegadeRobin wrote:
Bro. I know a little how you feel. When I was super into Mark, I noticed a lot of things we had in common and would daydream that maybe I would be a good.....for a lack of better words- "candidate gf" if I ever met him, legitimately (not like at a con or something) but as the days went by and girlfriends were found, i noticed that he (and a hefty majority of youtubers) might have a certain taste in girls. Particularity; skinny, blonde/brunette, nerdy, fair skinned, no impurities, girls. The complete opposite of what I could ever be.

But times change and im trying to not compare myself so much to them and attempt to like (maybe even be a little ok with) myself.
Yeah i will say that it is something of a bummer. I thought the same thing (even though for me i always assumed i would probably meet him at a convention) when it came to the whole girlfriend thing. We have a nice blend of common and uncommon interests that i felt could work together. And since im not really big on the whole "social media presence" thing I felt that i could work with him on somethings (maybe going on camera every once in a blue moon) but stay away from the spotlight. I think the only thing that would bother me is that im the type of person who likes helping out others and not really receiving help on a lot of things. Mark strikes me as the type of guy who would help out and support people (which has been proven before, how many people has he helped move to L.A.?) It would definitely be something to get used to if he is a constant suppporter.

Another thing is that i fell for is his personality and humor before anything else (even though I do find him to be quite a handsome man, that is pretty much just a bonus at this point) looks are cool but the fact that his commentary is in-depth (depending on the game) and intelligent (Again depending on the game) and on top of all that he made me laugh was the best! Also i dont really care about his 'Fame' or money since it really isnt anything i have had any interest in, in a person (i have watched too many "reality" t.v. shows and both of those things could eventually cause problems in a realtionship. The only saving grace is that Mark doesnt seem like the type of guy to take any women that thows themselves at him weather he be in a relationship or not, since he knows what it is like to be cheated on).

So in all honesty, i know I have literally no chance with him, and i have come to accept that. I just want him to be happy in the end and if whoever he is with (weather that continues to be Amy or someone else) makes him happy and in turn he makes her happy that is all that i can ask for (also finding someone for myself would be nice too)

Also I'm happy Tyler is doing alright .

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

Well that's good that Tyler's doing alright. :)
And Kai and Robin, I pretty much agree. Personally I don't really think anyone is "perfect" for someone, there's always at least something. But I don't know if Amy is "good for Mark" or vice versa since I don't know 'em. But, just based on what I've seen, I think it would do him some good to find someone grounded. I agree that the dude is lost right now and that's okay, it happens and it's perfectly understandable given what the guy's been through (especially in 2015) and I get wanting to cling to someone. I've done that. But I think if you need a crutch (in human form) instead of someone who will just cater to what you want, it's good to have someone who is confident in themselves and can do their own thing, but also has the time to be caring towards you and all that. I don't know if Amy fits that description or not, for all I know she does (even though I do have my doubts about it), but that's just my general advice. :)
And Robin, as far as comparing yourself and thinking "I could never be that." If you spend your life comparing yourself to others, you're never going to be happy because each individual person is going to have something that you don't. But on the flip side, you have something that they don't. You just have to force yourself to find things you like about yourself. And in my experience that means just telling yourself that you like those things even if you don't completely believe it. I think this clip is actually pretty good with it. :)
And yes it's Lindsey Stirling...sorry XD
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

Post by Guest »

Seems like i'm late to the party. So let me put my 2 cents. In my opinion about Mark and Amy. Its pretty simple.
She is going to end up like Jess, broken up with Mark and with the new audience. Move on to something she likes, with an audience already behind her.
This is why there relationship seems to "eh" for me. Its too Photo pretty.
The type of girl I see mark with ?
At least someone who is already established in there own thing. Whether it be a job that has no social media connections. Or someone who already has a presence on social media. So Mark doesn't feel like they are piggy backing on them.
From other discussions and videos, Mark has been described by Jess, that he is very rough and dominate in bed. Though this isn't talking about who has sex with it. Its the characteristics of someone who wants to dominate. He might want someone who depends on me. Maybe he likes the other person depending on them so much. Just like Amy and Mark.
The perfect kind of person for mark? Who Knows honestly.

RenegadeRobin
Informer
Informer

Post by RenegadeRobin »

707 wrote:From other discussions and videos, Mark has been described by Jess, that he is very rough and dominate in bed. Though this isn't talking about who has sex with it. Its the characteristics of someone who wants to dominate. He might want someone who depends on me. Maybe he likes the other person depending on them so much. Just like Amy and Mark.
I believe y'all had a discussion about Mark being the kind of person that likes taking care of others. (I believe part of it was the discussion about horoscopes as well)

And it kind of coincides with what I said earlier with the possibility of Mark purposely looking for a girl that could take care of him by "him taking care if her" (but now that I've reread what I wrote down, i feel like I sort of wrote Amy like she was some sort of dog? Waiting for him to come home. Playing all day. Very open schedule. Spends lots of time with him.
Plus if you wanna go further; Him paying her, you can kind of argue that he's feeding and housing her. Teaching her new "tricks" like editing and youtubing. And well, people like to praise and coo over any random dog and her stans.......y'know im just gonna stop here, this is getting very rude. And I apologize.)

QueenNaeNae_1111
Talker
Talker

Post by QueenNaeNae_1111 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Your assumption is correct. And I won't apologize for it. Just look up to the year she was born. 1994 The Year of the Dog. So, she claims to be a "reptilian" graphics designer. So My question is...what is the reason she calls herself a "reptilian"? The only reptilian that is coming from her is Draco based. Narcissistic and sociopathic. Other than that, she, nor have I ever heard her give her reasoning of being associated with reptiles. Now Mark, was born in the Year of the Snake. But if she really thinks of herself a reptile, it's along the lines of a chameleon. Trying to mimic and blend in with their surroundings and trying to be something she's not. Shocker. :rofl: :FU:

mslittleactress
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mslittleactress »

QueenNaeNae_1111 wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Your assumption is correct. And I won't apologize for it. Just look up to the year she was born. 1994 The Year of the Dog. So, she claims to be a "reptilian" graphics designer. So My question is...what is the reason she calls herself a "reptilian"? The only reptilian that is coming from her is Draco based. Narcissistic and sociopathic. Other than that, she, nor have I ever heard her give her reasoning of being associated with reptiles. Now Mark, was born in the Year of the Snake. But if she really thinks of herself a reptile, it's along the lines of a chameleon. Trying to mimic and blend in with their surroundings and trying to be something she's not. Shocker. :rofl: :FU:
Why in the world would you considered yourself a reptillan anything? That doesn't make sense to me at all, let alone when it comes to your career. I was born in 95, so I'm the Year of the Boar and a Taurus. Yet I don't call myself a Boar writer or Boar gas station attendent (even though it is a boar XD)

cosmix
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cosmix »

That boar pun...why? XD
But I'm pretty sure the reptilian thing is a meme, but not really funny anymore (at least to me).
And I'm a scorpio/year of the dragon, so as far as I'm concerned I got the badass ones. XD
He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
- guardians of the galaxy

eggo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggo »

Not to be puttin a downer on things, but Mark's tweets are a little concerning, like maybe a certain person has been listening In??? ;) idk.

Also, not a lot of money is being raised for the charity :(, only at like 9k.

Return to “Markiplier”