SuperMaryFace - Part 12. The Hunchback of Mississippi

romr211
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SuperMaryFace - Part 12. The Hunchback of Mississippi

Post by romr211 »

Their first goal for Layla's future went from 100% to 94%....how?

Based on Graphtreon, it seems as though that at the beginning of each month, it just dips down lower and lower. And part of it is because people might need to resubscribe (or whatever it's called on the site), but each monthly dip keeps getting lower and lower. At the beginning of October, they were at 532, it went up slightly throughout the month, then dropped. At the beginning of September, it was at 588, and it did the same thing. Unless something big happens where they need an excuse to beg for more patrons (like Mary getting knocked up again), I can only see it going down from here.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

romr, you are right.
At the end of each month, a handful of patreons choose to stop donating, either because they can't afford it anymore or because they don't think it's worth it etc. From what I remember, in the patreon system there was also a period where one could get all the benefits from donating, but if they stopped the subscription lets say on the right time, they didn't have to pay. However I think by now patreon has fixed this loophole...? I don't know.
Either way yes, their patreon count is going down. They have to do something interesting to get more money and honestly I think the only thing they can do is get another baby....

Kogurazul
Learner
Learner

Post by Kogurazul »

If they go ahead and make another child to boost their Patreon count, I might be super duper utterly disgusted by it. When are they ever going to learn that children aren't inanimate objects for you to go and mash their faces with the cameras or any unwanted attention just to get money.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

If their first goal isn't 100% that should mean their income has gone down to under $3000 a month... either that, or they're reading here and adjusted the goal amount to throw us off how much they get.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

Mary is apparently planning on going to Blizzcon 2018. That disgusts me. she probably hasn't even touched a blizzard game. . but yeah makes sense to go to blizzcon when you know nothing about anything to do with blizzard and are literally just going to look like a nerdy girl. mhm. ( for any OW gurus I just placed plat today 2500 with DVA solo )

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

NaevysK wrote:Mary is apparently planning on going to Blizzcon 2018. That disgusts me. she probably hasn't even touched a blizzard game. . but yeah makes sense to go to blizzcon when you know nothing about anything to do with blizzard and are literally just going to look like a nerdy girl. mhm. ( for any OW gurus I just placed plat today 2500 with DVA solo )

Brb vomiting

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

DaylightAmy wrote:
NaevysK wrote:Mary is apparently planning on going to Blizzcon 2018. That disgusts me. she probably hasn't even touched a blizzard game. . but yeah makes sense to go to blizzcon when you know nothing about anything to do with blizzard and are literally just going to look like a nerdy girl. mhm. ( for any OW gurus I just placed plat today 2500 with DVA solo )

Brb vomiting

If I could like that 20 times I would. seriously, Blizzard is an amazing company and I love all their games, I am a super huge fan, hence why I spent money I don't really have on the Blizzcon goodie bags this year. But now Mary has to go and ruin that too? She saw ONE movie about WOW and now is going to proclaim throne of the Blizzard community. She try so hard in things that she shouldn't. Really though you can not call yourself a fan without playing at leaste one Blizzard game/enjoying it/playing it regularly and getting to lvl 5 in WOW ( probably Mary if even that) does not count. The thought of her cosplaying some of my favourite characters ( Mei, DVA, Sylvannas etc) makes me want to die. And Blizzcon 2018 was the first one ever I am going to go to because I have been saving for a long time.

Someone hold me... :|

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm by no means saying ANY subculture should be exclusive - whether it's gaming in general or Blizzard specifically. I don't care if you're a filthy casual or you just enjoy watching others play (which with Overwatch and Hearthstone would be more common than WoW) there's nothing wrong with that. It would just be nice if the Blizzard community could stay about what people actually love as opposed to what people want to accomplish.

What I'm wondering is whether she's attending on her own initiative or if she's managed to get herself hired in some roundabout way. I just don't quite understand how else she would have sought out specifically Blizzcon. It's not huge outside actual Blizzard fans. Either that or one of her cosplay friends advised or inspired her... I just don't get it. Maybe Ken is going and that's why?

I don't think she'll go with any of those characters. Most likely she'll choose an Overwatch character, but if it's a WoW character it would most likely be Jaina or Valeera or something (because Hearthstone is a lot more accessible than WoW is in terms of characters). But my money is on Overwatch... no offense to Overwatch but it attracts female casual players a LOT for some reason.

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

I didn't mean to say that people who watch overwatch or hearth or wow can't enjoy it even if they don't play, what I was specifically aiming at is Mary, who we know try to fit into these cliche things that she has no interest in or apparent reason to enjoy them aside from a fad. I guess it's because overwatch specifically has a lot of ' cute ' female characters that may inspire females in particular or cosplayers.

I was just wondering why Blizzcon. Aside from the WOW movie she went to see with Ken nothing has ever been mentioned about any blizzard game ever.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

NaevysK wrote:I didn't mean to say that people who watch overwatch or hearth or wow can't enjoy it even if they don't play, what I was specifically aiming at is Mary, who we know try to fit into these cliche things that she has no interest in or apparent reason to enjoy them aside from a fad. I guess it's because overwatch specifically has a lot of ' cute ' female characters that may inspire females in particular or cosplayers.
Oh no I didn't mean you were saying that, I was more talking to myself than anything else Image

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

DaylightAmy wrote:
NaevysK wrote:I didn't mean to say that people who watch overwatch or hearth or wow can't enjoy it even if they don't play, what I was specifically aiming at is Mary, who we know try to fit into these cliche things that she has no interest in or apparent reason to enjoy them aside from a fad. I guess it's because overwatch specifically has a lot of ' cute ' female characters that may inspire females in particular or cosplayers.
Oh no I didn't mean you were saying that, I was more talking to myself than anything else

It's all good Daylight you ( I ) know you are awesome <3

It just strikes me as odd does it not? Shes been to many anime conventions before and other cons which are very general in terms of topic. For example PAX is for a variety of video games so it would be for video game players. But Blizzcon is EXCLUSIVE to Blizzard and if you aren't going there to cosplay or buy merch its usually to watch games or learn about new releases ( or all of the above). So why would mary suddenly show such an interest in such a specific topic that has never been brought up or mentioned. AND why go to Blizzcon not a convention shes been to before or Pax.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

I was so confused when I saw Mary tweet that she's going to blizzcon'18, and that it might be the only con she'll be going to. I'm a huge Blizzard fan as well, going to Blizzcon is like a dream for me but I don't live in the US so for me it'll prob never happen. ;( But I never noticed Mary or Ken being interested in anything Blizzard related, at all. I would be surprised if they hired Mary for something. She has no name in any Blizzard community after all, and she hasn't really been cosplaying. Right now if you google Supermaryface, you'll see her Instagram and it only has pics of her and Layla and snakes. I guess you guys are right and she wants to cater to the people who like Overwatch, seeing as its an insanely popular game at the moment....

NaevysK
Debater
Debater

Post by NaevysK »

oliver wrote:I was so confused when I saw Mary tweet that she's going to blizzcon'18, and that it might be the only con she'll be going to. I'm a huge Blizzard fan as well, going to Blizzcon is like a dream for me but I don't live in the US so for me it'll prob never happen. ;( But I never noticed Mary or Ken being interested in anything Blizzard related, at all. I would be surprised if they hired Mary for something. She has no name in any Blizzard community after all, and she hasn't really been cosplaying. Right now if you google Supermaryface, you'll see her Instagram and it only has pics of her and Layla and snakes. I guess you guys are right and she wants to cater to the people who like Overwatch, seeing as its an insanely popular game at the moment....
Right and its not like Blizzard to sponsor someone that has no relation to Blizzard. From what I know Blizzard mostly focuses on the Twitch community and people who stream their games for sponsor, I may be wrong though. Its just such a specific con. It's not like anime where there are different animes and different makers of anime and different companies or a gaming con that features different games made by different developers this is specific to Blizzard. I understand why Overwatch would appeal to Mary for cosplay. Between Widowmaker, Mei, Dva, Symm, there are so many good female cosplays to be achieved. I guess in Marys world it doesn't have to be something she likes just something she thinks would look sexy or something that someone else is interested in. For example she cosplayed Fran Bow because Ken played it. If I were into cosplaying I would feel I would want to cosplay people that I love to play as/watch and have a connection to as a character not just random people but thats me. I've just never heard Mary or Ken mention ANYTHING about ANY Blizzard game or anything to do with Blizzard aside from they saw the WOW movie years back. Maybe because there was so much hype this year about Blizzcon she thought it would be a great community to ' slither' into to get more attention?

I have a love hate relationship with OW. I adore it, I adore playing it, and I will never stop. But there are so many Salty people and leavers in comp anyways, It makes it not very fun sometimes. I try to be as positive as I can and always stay nice but man... normally i just ignore it.

Malaola
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Malaola »

I'd say it's because Jessica Nigri noticed her and tweeted she should do a family cosplay with ken and layla and Jessica is always doing an exclusive Blizzcon appearance which she's prepping for now so she's talking about Blizzcon a lot. Mary probably wants Jessica to acknowledge her again or guilt her into some sort of collab next year. Since they're obviously best buddies after that tweet and that one photoshoot they've had.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Watch her read through this thread, buy Overwatch or some other Blizzard game, and then stream it on Twitch a few times.

“So on today’s stream I’m gonna be playing Overwatch. I played it a lot on my own time ever since the game came out, but I just never talked about it ever because I wanted it to be something that I can have *~for myself~*. But since I decided that I’m going to Blizzcon, I thought that I might as well stream it!!!!”

Montek
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Montek »

Doesn't Ken play World of Warcraft? Or at least, played?

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

romr211 wrote:Watch her read through this thread, buy Overwatch or some other Blizzard game, and then stream it on Twitch a few times.

“So on today’s stream I’m gonna be playing Overwatch. I played it a lot on my own time ever since the game came out, but I just never talked about it ever because I wanted it to be something that I can have *~for myself~*. But since I decided that I’m going to Blizzcon, I thought that I might as well stream it!!!!”
Lol that's exactly how it's gonna go...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

romr211
Informer
Informer

Post by romr211 »

Ok so I was bored so I decided to look through all the saved clips on Mary’s Twitch from previous streams, so here’s a gem from when she was filming her 31 week update video. I don’t know the context because there’s no chat log saved or anything...but holy shit Mary.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyWittyRing ... ontent=url

midnight
Informer
Informer

Post by midnight »

Holy shit such self entitlement, I almost had an aneurysm from that intense CRINGE and the video isn't even 1 minute long!

And god why the hell does she feel the need to invade everything? In my case, the only connection I have with Blizzard is hearing about WOW a bunch of times, but I'm big into single-player games. For instance, AC (Ezio's trilogy) is like my child, so in my case this whole Mary situation translates into hearing her say something like "Oh yea I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed, I saw the movie AND watched a 30 min walkthrough on yt." Like... just why tho. It's her life whatever she wanna do and all that, but just WHY. It's so S T U P I D

Just find hobies Mary jesus. Even "non-nerdy" stuff, you know your fans will eat everyting you put up anyway so why even bother

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

romr211 wrote:Ok so I was bored so I decided to look through all the saved clips on Mary’s Twitch from previous streams, so here’s a gem from when she was filming her 31 week update video. I don’t know the context because there’s no chat log saved or anything...but holy shit Mary.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyWittyRing ... ontent=url
I can't believe I missed that Image what a classic. Saving!

Return to “MaryMakingIt”