PointlessVIP: More Money Than Sense Part 13

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessVIP: More Money Than Sense Part 13

Post by AmenAmen91 »

SuggthePug wrote:Why the heck does everything have to be "DIY" with him?? Literally they're just making pizza. It's not a fucking DIY.
Algorithms on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

crazydoglady
Informer
Informer

Post by crazydoglady »

The only thing is I can think of that he's pulling a Zoe, and reminiscing about those Heinz baked beans pizzas they did in like the 90s that I always see on Buzzfeed 90s kids nostalgia articles... not that my parents were shit enough to feed me that crap. Clearly I was deprived. :barf:

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

NEXT VIDEO IDEA SUGGESTIONS:

DIY back flip
DIY turning oxygen into carbon dioxide
DIY home prison

I can't believe some of you sit through all his vlogs. Y'all deserve a medal.

ladyandtramplove
Debater
Debater

Post by ladyandtramplove »

A lot of "white" people worked damn hard and through many obstacles and I would never want to discredit them. Alfie is not one of those people and what alfie fails to understand is that a visible minority person could work 24 hours a day and they would still have strangers who discredit them and look at them like they are scum just based on the colour of their skin. So it's annoying and rich to hear Alfie say that if you work hard enough you can get what you want. Many people have obstacles such as skin colour that will hold them back and that they cannot change. I have to prove to law firms that I am a responsible human because irresponsibility is associated with indigenous peoples in Canada. The benefit of being "white" is that if you wear nice clothes and look like you took a shower, people willl likely trust you at first glance. Again, I am NOT saying "white" people do not have problems or obstacles. Also I say "white" for lack of a better way to describe the privilege that comes with a light skin tone. Alfie just has no business telling people to work when they get home from their 9-5 lmao, considering he has barely worked a normal job in his life. :rofl:

nardy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nardy »

Oh my ! I had him in the background and just heard him list those foreign words when he mentioned a portuguese word Saudade which means longing for something, and he pronounced it "sow-dade". While I understand that perhaps the book didn't have the pronunciation explained but what use is him reading the words incorrectly? That doesn't help anyone learn anything more than that he rambles about crap a lot.

BTW, the right pronunciation is sah-ooh- DAH-deh (can vary depending on different areas (Portugal, different states of Brazil etc).

sandsgoldd
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sandsgoldd »

What do we think the whole Zoe, Alfie and Joe project is that Alfie keeps hyping up?

Cherry7
Learner
Learner

Post by Cherry7 »

Sorry to bring this up a bit late but it's taken me this long to log in. Anyway!
What I wanted to say was casual racism just shouldn't be ok on something like this either way. It doesn't matter whether it's 'true' that white people have in history / now are more privileged (there also plenty of unprivileged white people) hit the point is just.. it does sound racist whatever direction it's in and I don't see why it should be allowed on here whatever direction it's in. I don't think the person commenting on it before was 'uneducated', I think they just meant this isn't really the place for race to be bought into it.

And also he did sound like a self righteous idiot in that speech.

pickle123
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pickle123 »

I couldn't help myself!
Let's see how long it takes them to delete

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

pickle123 wrote:I couldn't help myself!
Maybe it won't get deleted, but do expect a vehement reply from a eleven-year-old like "How dare you speculate that this is not a DIY don't you seee how savage Alfie works every day to bring us this amazing content youR just a hater k bye yaaaas I slayed you"

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

I'm also very uncomfortable about the race speak here.

Especially as very well respected reports have shown that white poor males in the UK get "a worse start in life"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ity-report

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

sockmonkey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sockmonkey »

I can't believe there are still people posting on this thread who think race doesn't play a part in Alfie's success and ignorance.
"White privilege" is not an insult or an offence, and it is certainly not racist. It's a fact. A well known, well established social construct.
Ethnic minorities have to work twice as hard to get half as far. Even if you were living under a rock you couldn't have missed the 'black lives matter' movement. People of colour getting treated unjustifiably worse by authorities is only the tip of the iceberg.
You are not endorsing racism when you talk about white privilege. You are not discriminating or offending. You are recognising something that has existed for centuries.
Alfie's white privilege, amongst his other privileges such as his wealthy background and his supposed attractiveness, has got him very far by doing very little. It's not racist to say that.

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

_iva19_ wrote:
pickle123 wrote:I couldn't help myself!
Maybe it won't get deleted, but do expect a vehement reply from a eleven-year-old like "How dare you speculate that this is not a DIY don't you seee how savage Alfie works every day to bring us this amazing content youR just a hater k bye yaaaas I slayed you"
It won't get through. His comments are highly moderated. Only the few super positive ones get shown (out of 1000s posted). Keeps him safe in his bubble where everything Alfie does and says is golden.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

suzygg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by suzygg »

sockmonkey wrote:I can't believe there are still people posting on this thread who think race doesn't play a part in Alfie's success and ignorance.
"White privilege" is not an insult or an offence, and it is certainly not racist. It's a fact. A well known, well established social construct.
Ethnic minorities have to work twice as hard to get half as far. Even if you were living under a rock you couldn't have missed the 'black lives matter' movement. People of colour getting treated unjustifiably worse by authorities is only the tip of the iceberg.
You are not endorsing racism when you talk about white privilege. You are not discriminating or offending. You are recognising something that has existed for centuries.
Alfie's white privilege, amongst his other privileges such as his wealthy background and his supposed attractiveness, has got him very far by doing very little. It's not racist to say that.

Not to tread on your toes. But a lot of statistics were released about shootings in America whilst all that was going on and if I remember correctly white males being shot and killed was to equal to or above black deaths ( I can't quiet remember and I'm to tired to look for it all ).

Media coverage inflates the situation though. All it taught me was that the America police force shouldn't be let out with guns.

But Alfie is a fucking privileged idiot asnd we all know it.

Also 'white privilege' is and will be used as a racial slur, when you label a 6th generation poor factory worker 'white privileged' (which is happening) you kinda make it racist.

suzygg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by suzygg »

I think for the person I just quoted go check out Dr Jordan Peterson on white privilege

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

suzygg wrote:
sockmonkey wrote:I can't believe there are still people posting on this thread who think race doesn't play a part in Alfie's success and ignorance.

Not to tread on your toes. But a lot of statistics were released about shootings in America whilst all that was going on and if I remember correctly white males being shot and killed was to equal to or above black deaths ( I can't quiet remember and I'm to tired to look for it all ).

Media coverage inflates the situation though. All it taught me was that the America police force shouldn't be let out with guns.

Also 'white privilege' is and will be used as a racial slur, when you label a 6th generation poor factory worker 'white privileged' (which is happening) you kinda make it racist.
Poor white males are often identified as the group most maligned.

The media often only makes the problem woorse. You try telling some poor white kid on a council estate that left school with a substandard eduction about white privilege.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

ello101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ello101 »

Cantshutup wrote:DIY pizza..... It's just called cooking, Alfie Deyes... Something people do every single day.
What's next?

DIY shower
DIY dog walking
DIY cleaning
DIY working
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DIY sex bc my boi deffo aint getting any lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

ello101 wrote:
Cantshutup wrote:DIY pizza..... It's just called cooking, Alfie Deyes... Something people do every single day.
What's next?

DIY shower
DIY dog walking
DIY cleaning
DIY working

You gotta through challenge in there sometimes to mix it up - you know so he can get even more people to his channel!

Waking up before 7am Challenge!
Grocery shopping Challenge!
Eating with a fork and knife Challenge!

ello101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ello101 »

Sarahb88 wrote:
ello101 wrote:
What's next?

DIY shower
DIY dog walking
DIY cleaning
DIY working

You gotta through challenge in there sometimes to mix it up - you know so he can get even more people to his channel!

Waking up before 7am Challenge!
Grocery shopping Challenge!
Eating with a fork and knife Challenge!
Spending as much money as possible Challenge!

Then he moves onto tutorials:

How to order takeaway tutorial: Let Alfie Teach You!
You too can do your own morning backflip!
Follow Your Dreams 101

lcedCoffee
Learner
Learner

Post by lcedCoffee »

I know this is a thread for gossip and "light hearted" (lol) topics most of the time, but I'm really happy to see people standing up for race issues and calling out Alfie on his crazy amount of white privilege. And this is coming from a white woman. Privilege is about systematic oppression by the way -- not "some white guy you know who isn't super rich."

But yeah. Alfie's speech makes me wanna gag.

sockmonkey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

PointlessVIP: More Money Than Sense Part 13

Post by sockmonkey »

suzygg wrote:

It's not about the numbers, it's about the reasons. If you're a coloured person in America, the police will pull out a gun on you a hell of a lot quicker, giving very little time to properly assess the situation. Like that guy who got shot because he was reaching for his driving license, which the policeman had asked for. And there was no reason for pulling him over in the first place - apart from his skin colour.
Racial profiling happens all over the world. Any brown person who's travelled on an airplane will tell you that. You can't deny any of these things or throw meaningless stats at them to suggest white people experience the same types of prejudice. Because they don't.

Also black people are a minority in America. So if they're getting shot and killed just as much as white people then that's definitely not right.

No one here is labelling a "6th generation poor factory worker" as being white privileged. I would only use it in situations where the person is actually benefiting from that privilege. Like Alfie. I know many many white people who happily accept and are grateful for the privilege their skin colour brings them in many situations.

Return to “Pointless Blog”