Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

leesa_l
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lizzy Hadfield (Shotfromthestreet)

Post by leesa_l »

Their stupid podcast stinks of white privilege. The most recent episode is ridiculous as is The Frugality. How about inviting someone on to talk who has actually had to properly struggle with money unlike Alex who pretends to be ‘frugal’ whilst she sits in her London townhouse covered with Farrow and ball paint.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

leesa_l wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm
Their stupid podcast stinks of white privilege. The most recent episode is ridiculous as is The Frugality. How about inviting someone on to talk who has actually had to properly struggle with money unlike Alex who pretends to be ‘frugal’ whilst she sits in her London townhouse covered with Farrow and ball paint.
If they did that, they'd actually have to confront their own privilege, and as we know, these girls aren't equipped to handle that level of discomfort.

I can't believe Lizzy lost her Chanel belt. Wait, actually I can. This is someone who stores all of her designer clothes and shoes in a heap, gets constantly sidetracked in the middle of a sentence, and seems distracted and stressed all the time. No wonder then, that in the past year she: dropped that necklace behind the radiator, lost her dad's watch, lost her Chanel belt (that she didn't pay for), and probably stained/destroyed in the wash/didn't bother to take care of a bunch of things she hasn't mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I realize accidents happen, and I feel petty AF for keeping tabs on the material possessions of a girl on another continent whom I've never met, but as someone who is pretty careful about not losing stuff, especially expensive things or things that are hard to replace, it just bothers me how careless she is. Every time she does shit like this, I just hear the world's tiniest violin...

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:13 pm
leesa_l wrote:
If they did that, they'd actually have to confront their own privilege, and as we know, these girls aren't equipped to handle that level of discomfort.

I can't believe Lizzy lost her Chanel belt. Wait, actually I can. This is someone who stores all of her designer clothes and shoes in a heap, gets constantly sidetracked in the middle of a sentence, and seems distracted and stressed all the time. No wonder then, that in the past year she: dropped that necklace behind the radiator, lost her dad's watch, lost her Chanel belt (that she didn't pay for), and probably stained/destroyed in the wash/didn't bother to take care of a bunch of things she hasn't mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I realize accidents happen, and I feel petty AF for keeping tabs on the material possessions of a girl on another continent whom I've never met, but as someone who is pretty careful about not losing stuff, especially expensive things or things that are hard to replace, it just bothers me how careless she is. Every time she does shit like this, I just hear the world's tiniest violin...
Did she ever get that necklace from behind the radiator? I think that's about the time i got bord if her and stopped watching.

What would be a really interesting concept would to she her (or any other influencer with too much stuff) do a testing basics style series using items they already own to declutter, keeping only the winner of each category.

ccocopops_16
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ccocopops_16 »

monki wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 am
meowmeowbeans wrote:
leesa_l wrote:

Did she ever get that necklace from behind the radiator? I think that's about the time i got bord if her and stopped watching.

What would be a really interesting concept would to she her (or any other influencer with too much stuff) do a testing basics style series using items they already own to declutter, keeping only the winner of each category.
I vaguely remember her mentioning she would try to get it one last time before the move but since she didn't speak about it afterward I guess it was unsuccessful.

She did this last year though in her "Trying on everything I own" series! She did get rid of some stuff but she still kept a lot because she can justify almost any item by saying it has a styling purpose, which is understandable given her job.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

monki wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 am
meowmeowbeans wrote:
leesa_l wrote:

The jewelry company sent her a gifted replacement of the necklace.

I think she needs to give testing basics a rest (or do what you all suggested and actually do something with what she already has) and work on creative and useful content. Her content is stale because it lacks creativity and is so repetitive - new in, vlog of her walking and sniffling down the street, her apartment, fin.

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

I keep getting her videos popping in my recommended etc but I have no actual interest in watching anymore which is sad because I used to look forward to her content. Congratulations Lizzy you killed your channel.

monki
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by monki »

LydiaDeetzhat wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 am
I keep getting her videos popping in my recommended etc but I have no actual interest in watching anymore which is sad because I used to look forward to her content. Congratulations Lizzy you killed your channel.
I discovered Lizzy about 4/5 yeara ago when i started to lose interest in a lot of the other fashion orientated channels. At the time she was a breath of fresh air but now it's just so boring. I think there are a lot to criticise about Lizzy's content and even the way she lives her life, but beyond all of that the girl is just plain dull.

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

monki wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 am
LydiaDeetzhat wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:41 am
I discovered Lizzy about 4/5 yeara ago when i started to lose interest in a lot of the other fashion orientated channels. At the time she was a breath of fresh air but now it's just so boring. I think there are a lot to criticise about Lizzy's content and even the way she lives her life, but beyond all of that the girl is just plain dull.
Ive actually just watched her film a 1 min 51 seconds of peeling an orange, shadows on the wall, her handbag on a tube seat and a few cups of coffee, what even is her content meant to be anymore?

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Oh lord. That hideous leather jacket. Lizzy is becoming a normcore caricature. Soon she will morph into her final form: a scarecrow with dad jeans and chunky brogues, sticking out from under an enormous jacket. But fashun.

Herefortheteatoo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Herefortheteatoo »

Her content these days is so dull that we can't even be bothered to gossip about it on here... I mean, do people really want to watch book hauls and sleep inducing camera talk, not to mention endless hauls of cream jumpers, ill-fitting blue jeans, clumpy shoes and wool coats? Zzzz....

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

Herefortheteatoo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:28 pm
Her content these days is so dull that we can't even be bothered to gossip about it on here... I mean, do people really want to watch book hauls and sleep inducing camera talk, not to mention endless hauls of cream jumpers, ill-fitting blue jeans, clumpy shoes and wool coats? Zzzz....
Adding to your list - random photos of shadows, glossed over press events, random plates of food etc etc etc.

Felicia2.0
Learner
Learner

Post by Felicia2.0 »

I follow nycbambi on Instagram and Lizzy is always liking her pics. Also imitating that specific style of pictures and fashion choices 😄 like from the halpins

kas85
Learner
Learner

Post by kas85 »

At this point, I’d even go back to the awful Ben days of her content for something of interest to watch. At least she was doing *something* with her time that was worth hate-watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

Oh she's broken up with Ben? zzzz i think we gathered that...there's no way that arrogant self centered posing twonk would have let her blog without his smug mug in it..

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

No one really wants details but why say ‘I’ll talk about it when I’m ready’ then say ‘yeah we broke up I won’t say any more’ she went from shoving him in everyone’s face to no sign of him and moping around so yeah it was pretty obvious

Caesar44BC
Learner
Learner

Post by Caesar44BC »

nervousbeachgoer wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:25 am
No one really wants details but why say ‘I’ll talk about it when I’m ready’ then say ‘yeah we broke up I won’t say any more’ she went from shoving him in everyone’s face to no sign of him and moping around so yeah it was pretty obvious

Also I get that she doesn't want to share it with her followers / put it out on the internet, but she did bring it upon herself when she featured him heavily in every vlog. Of course people now want to know why he is not in the vlogs anymore. She should have just been sensible about it and not have shown him in the first place.

hellcat_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hellcat_ »

There might be something juicy though because the way she referred to the breakup in the vlog she said something like ‘Obviously I won’t talk about what happened’ assuming something DID happen...

LydiaDeetzhat
Debater
Debater

Post by LydiaDeetzhat »

hellcat_ wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:34 pm
There might be something juicy though because the way she referred to the breakup in the vlog she said something like ‘Obviously I won’t talk about what happened’ assuming something DID happen...

wasn't it inferred here that she went back with that Dean? I always used to just think he was her photographer tho admit due to things Ive read here I did IG check out her latest one Isaac.. I think he is gay from the looks of his IG

isadora
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by isadora »

Dean has a girlfriend apparently named Suzanne Harger for more than a decade and they 've also bought a house together in August ( around the same time Lizzy and Ben broke up). Maybe Lizzys relationship was an attempt to get over Dean. I just wonder since he had a gf all this time how come they were travelling together with Lizzy all over Europe and get drank in her flat every night. Maybe she thought he would leave Suzanne for her? I googled him and an old article named that girl as his muse of many years!

ccocopops_16
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ccocopops_16 »

She's said before that she doesn't enjoy posting on her IG stories but I truly don't understand what she's trying to achieve when she posts this kind of stuff... When she's invited to brand events she can't even post content that clearly showcases what the event is about...!

She's in Copenhagen for fashion week and all she has to show for it are these weird artsy fartsy shots -- CFW just announced some major new guidelines regarding sustainability btw and that would be a worthy subject to talk about. Katherine Ormerod posted about what she packed in an interesting way, showing the different style of dresses she brought, describing her colour palette. I don't know. Lizzy's really scraping the barrel and coasting by on her thin frame and long legs imo. Girl can't describe anything if it's not "so so good" so I'm expecting really stellar coverage for this fashion week

Return to “L-O”