holistichabits

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
applesandbananas
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

holistichabits

Post by applesandbananas »

Was wondering if anyone else watches this girl? I think she is really pretty and I like her and her videos while simultaneously thinking she's absolutely batsh*t.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: holistichabits

Post by timesnewroman »

I used to watch her i think i found her through cloudyapples (rip channel) but i completely agree, i like her but i find her to be batshit crazy too. i can't put my hands on why but that whole "i'm so buddhist with my tuning forks/crystals/mandala drawing/meditation bullshit" just something about it seems so off/fake. she has good content here and there but she's just off to me. i think i prefer sunkissealba over her.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I like Sarah. I don't always agree with what she believes in but she seems like a sweet girl and I like her recipes. I think it's the baby talk that makes me think she's "batshit crazy"... or just eccentric in my books. Not a big fan of the cutesy act but there's probably a lot of pre-teens idolising her because of her lovely locks. I still love the content she puts out, so I'm still subscribed for her occasional vids. Cloudyapples still makes gaming vids on GloomGames.

applesandbananas
Debater
Debater

^I do like her and will continue watching her videos as well, I just find something very off about her at the same time. It might be the baby voice. Like it kind of makes me question her intelligence and actual knowledge about her content?

applesandbananas
Debater
Debater

Also (sorry to double post) but I am also pretty baffled but how she affords everything. She has a decent view count on most of her videos, but more often then not thing crazy but whenever I look up all the products she recommends I can't believe how expensive they all are. Plus she eats all organic and appears to live alone in a city. How on earth does she afford all of that? Does anyone know if she has rich parents?

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

That's one thing that I can't explain: how she affords her lifestyle. I imagine she's well-off but I'm sure she receives products free of charge from time to time. In an old blog interview (can only find on the wayback machine but she was interviewed by Positively Meg), she does mention working in the film industry: " I work in the film industry on the side. It’s quite fun! I’ve done background, stand-in, photo doubling and hand modelling." Maybe that's just an extra source of income, with her day job being a 'holistic nutritionist'. Ha... that's the best I could do. A lot of hypotheticals.

theblaisezephyr
Talker
Talker

Post by theblaisezephyr »

i feel like holistic habits is one of the only few holistic youtubers left. i used to watch darling a few years back and she disappeared. just went to check if she came back to youtube and i find this??? why do all youtubers go nuts?

[video][/video]

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Tsubaki wrote:I like Sarah. I don't always agree with what she believes in but she seems like a sweet girl and I like her recipes. I think it's the baby talk that makes me think she's "batshit crazy"... or just eccentric in my books. Not a big fan of the cutesy act but there's probably a lot of pre-teens idolising her because of her lovely locks. I still love the content she puts out, so I'm still subscribed for her occasional vids. Cloudyapples still makes gaming vids on GloomGames.
just not the same ): idc for gaming channels, kassie's videos taught me so much i haven't found a single yt that has filled her spot. i feel like there are way less holistic channels. i usually read blogs or reddit for recommendations now but i liked linking a face/personality with those recommendation.

flakylibra
Learner
Learner

Post by flakylibra »

I'm with you! I wan't a hybrid of cloudy apples and holistic habits
newbie here :love2:

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

Post by dubstepford wife »

Noob here too! :love2:

I used to really like her, but I haven't been enjoying her videos as much lately. The last two that she posted were particularly bad. The first one was where she raved about Bulgarian rose water. A bottle of the stuff she was talking about is $60, and while she claims she wasn't sponsored, if you visit the company's website, her picture was plastered on the front page. That seems a little dishonest to me. A company can't do that unless you're getting something from them. And in the same video she talked about how you need to raise your body's vibration or something like that in order to achieve good health. I'm all about vegetables and exercise and sleep and holistic stuff like that, but vibration theory? Yeah, no.

She also recently posted an updated shower routine in which she ate a snack in the shower, exercised in the shower, and used about $500 worth of products. A lot of people called her out in the comments for wasting tons of hot water (not very Earth friendly) and for promoting consumerism. She's been silent ever since. I think those comments may have bothered her, she seems super sensitive.

So yeah. Nice girl, probably, but there's a line between being holistic and promoting pseudoscience. And her lifestyle is completely unaffordable. I follow her on Instagram and her brother is a musician living in LA and she lives alone with thousands of dollars worth of organic products in Vancouver, not exactly a cheap city. I'm guessing their parents are rich. It's not that hard to be healthy when you come from money.

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

She seems to be not living on planet earth (or at least not in the same "dimension" as the rest of us). Even the tone of her voice sounds like she's not even real lol :rofl:

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Following...

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

I don't know if anybody still follows this chick, but...sigh. She's getting worse. I'm starting to think she never interacts with any human beings besides her family, because she's even spacier than she used to be. If you watch her early videos she spoke in a normal voice about normal things. Now it's over-the-top baby talk and going on about medicinal mushrooms.

I think people are catching on to the fact that she's not as sweet as she portrays herself as well -- she keeps not revealing that her videos are sponsored when they obviously are, and she promotes dangerous pseudoscience. The aforementioned mushrooms apparently are super toxic to the liver in high amounts, a lot of the comments are about that. Being a greedy scammer who doesn't know what she's talking about -- very holistic, Sarah. Much healthy.

And one more thing: she really needs to cut her hair. It looked nice when she was 20 but she's getting older and she's starting to look like a crazy reclusive cat lady. You can have long hair without it being ridiculous.

esrevni2
Learner
Learner

Post by esrevni2 »

I totally agree. Honestly I hadn't watched one of her videos in a long time. Just now watched the one of her acting super creepy and shilling medicinal mushrooms. I used to think she was a little loopy but had something special about her, not afraid to be herself. Now she's just another creepy youtuber - acting fake as shit for a buck. Reminds me of Trumans wife in the Truman show.

esrevni2
Learner
Learner

Post by esrevni2 »

Also came back to add, the overt grinning, intense eyes, goofy smile with shiny teeth and red lipstick, cutesy child voice, playing with dog, spinning in the leaves.. It was all so neurotic to me. Not to mention sad soup with avacado... bleugh

olivebranch
Talker
Talker

Post by olivebranch »

I used to be so obsessed with the chick five years ago when I was really into "natural" living, but now I think she just has orthorexia and is a women-child. It's like I grew up and learned about science, while she's continued to regress into her child like fantasies of crystals and rose water. She doesn't look well either - too skinny and in need of a haircut.

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

"Woman-child" is a good word for her (as is "orthorexic"). She's like, 27 I think but she acts like a 14 year old who thinks she's a fairy. Or a Disney princess. Or both.

She's getting roasted in the comments section of her latest rose water advertisement video. It's a repeat of an earlier video she did, it's more pseudoscience, and despite her claims of it not being sponsored, her picture is still on the front page of the company's website, and she uses an affiliate link. You're getting paid, honey. Own up to it.

Lillyetta
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lillyetta »

olivebranch wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 pm
I used to be so obsessed with the chick five years ago when I was really into "natural" living, but now I think she just has orthorexia and is a women-child. It's like I grew up and learned about science, while she's continued to regress into her child like fantasies of crystals and rose water. She doesn't look well either - too skinny and in need of a haircut.

I used to be so into her channel about five years ago aswell and right now I am so disapointed, but more than that I'm worried about her wellbeing.

I am certain she has orthorexia. Although she has always seemed to eat ultra clean, if you look back at her instagram circa 2014 she at least looked vibrant. Now she wears more make up so its difficult to tell- but somehow you can see in her face shes not well, and shes too thin. Maybe years and years of restricted eating have taken its toll. I suspect shes afraid if she eats more relaxed her acne will come back. I used to be afraid of that too but slowly found out it didnt make any difference and that my mental health was worth more than a few extra pimples anyway. Of course this is all assumption- especially since she doesnt really post her meal photos anymore. But her appearance combined with the healthy eating obsession says a lot.

I agree that her hair just doesnt suit her as well as it did 5 years ago. Hair is a very personal thing of course, but shes just too fixated on it. I guess its not suprising because her hair videos get millions of views, and likely how shes made most of her income. I think i read somewhere that she said her hair and hair products are one of her biggest passions. Im sorry but i dont think thats healthy? It just seems like it would make you too fixated on yourself. She has mentioned she has OCD in the past and i wonder if this ties in with the orthorexia and hair obsession. IMO it would do her so much good to cut alot of it off (still have it long) but get some layers put in. It would look really pretty on her.

As others have mentioned her content isnt the same anymore. I loved it when she did her monthly favourites and just sat down and talked normally. She has so much pontential. She doesnt need to do only ads. I want to see the real her. I want to see her open up more about her mental health. She needs to break this fantasy of perfection and she could help so many people. I feel like shes just fading away right now.

If Sarah is reading this I want her to know this isnt hate and i just really want her to do well.

someonenice
Talker
Talker

Post by someonenice »

Same here, I really liked her videos 5 years ago. I just looked her up and that mushroom video from two months ago is oh so creepy. I can't even believe that she got an approval to post it from that mushroom company? There's so many dislikes and comments about it as well.
Also, her smile/teeth/mouth has changed. Anyone else noticed? Maybe it's because her face looks thinner but something is off.

Lillyetta
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lillyetta »

someonenice wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:28 pm
Same here, I really liked her videos 5 years ago. I just looked her up and that mushroom video from two months ago is oh so creepy. I can't even believe that she got an approval to post it from that mushroom company? There's so many dislikes and comments about it as well.
Also, her smile/teeth/mouth has changed. Anyone else noticed? Maybe it's because her face looks thinner but something is off.
Hmm..she always had teeth on the larger side- maybe it doesn't look in proportion anymore because her face as gotten so thin? I was looking at her old videos today and although she was always very slim, I think she used to have more muscle tone. In that mushroom video she looks so terribly frail. A lot of people commented on that video about it being strange and all that mushroom being unnecessary and potentially toxic - but I think I only saw one comment about the meals she ate. It was seriously lacking in protein and nutrients and a bad example of what a plant based diet should look like. If she eats like that all the time that's just dangerous. And she was filming at her parents house - why don't they intervene? Honestly if that were my daughter I'd be seriously concerned (of course we don't really know what her parents think/have said to her...I'm just going by her mom's instagram and the fact her mom seems to do a lot of meals for her).
And another thing- that mushroom vid and ones after it got lots of negative comments and dislikes but she never addresses criticism. When people are negative they're not always just trying to be mean- I hope she listens to her viewers more and realises her mistakes.

Return to “F-K”