DupeThat

BeautyTruthSleuth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DupeThat

Post by BeautyTruthSleuth »

So, much to my surprise, I couldn't find a thread on GG for this elusive duo. I decided to start one, and I hope I'm posting in the right category.

I feel they deserve their own thread. So many people overlook their shadiness with the affiliate codes. Interestingly enough, they now support Lime Crime again despite being victims of the security breach themselves:

Nowadays, if you call them out or simply ask why they are supporting Lime Crime again, you'll get blocked. they blocked my first page because I called them out when they transitioned from being a regular makeup blog into having affiliate codes for near every brand they post.

They're so awful. Thoughts?

very_vanessa
Stalker
Stalker

Re: DupeThat

Post by very_vanessa »

I'm so sick and tired of them(Dupe That) and every beauty guru, who's followed by all these little girls who squeal for affiliate codes!!! I'm tired of Dupe That and Trendmood! I hope they can all crash and burn!

Post by Guest »

i'm so glad they finally have a forum here!

i followed their IG account for a while and i was excited when they made a youtube channel, figuring that they'd have good advice and whatnot. but they literally know NOTHING about makeup. and all of their affiliate links....i can't take them seriously. they're probably supporting limecrime again because they get sent everything for free and lord knows they love free shit.

BeautyTruthSleuth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BeautyTruthSleuth »

In their 2016 favorites video, they gave house of beauty a scathing review and used another company's lip hybrids to make house of beauty look like they are low quality. I have over a dozen and I know they aren't sticky like that. Yes, you need a dusting of powder on top of a lip primer underneath, but these girls went out of their way to smear a company because they said the owner said something rude to them, which is bogus. Biased much?

Elle_78
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Elle_78 »

I just recently found out about their YT channel, and I gotta say, they should have stuck with the dupes. They skipped a hundred steps in becoming shady YTers and went straight for shittiest YTer status. Their faces are so over-filtered in their videos that they almost don't look human. I hate seeing comments about how great their skin is because it is very literally impossible to attain.
And the way they look at each other as they're talking about products- what even is that!? It's painfully obvious that neither one knows anything about makeup- quite embarrassing if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parasaurolophus
Talker
Talker

Post by Parasaurolophus »

I'm so happy someone made a forum for them! I cannot stand them! So shady and ridiculous. And don't start me on their YouTube channel, they look absolutely hideous with all their filters and overly caked makeup :barf:

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

One of them has the worst bangs I’ve seen in my entire life, their whole style is tacky and no the don’t know how to wear makeup either!

Post by Guest »

Her whole aesthetic is trash and I hate her neck tattoos

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Reviving this thread just to be catty about L's terrible tattoos choices. That neck tattoo and the patchy black arm. Also I was convinced she had food stuck in her teeth, turns out it was an ugly piercing.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

That tats look to trashy and half-assed.

Also....seems like an identity crisis:

Serapis
Talker
Talker

Post by Serapis »

Broodwich wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:43 pm
Reviving this thread just to be catty about L's terrible tattoos choices. That neck tattoo and the patchy black arm. Also I was convinced she had food stuck in her teeth, turns out it was an ugly piercing.
I literally only came here to see if anyone else mentioned this. Did she ever say why that one arm is only partially blacked out? I'd be so embarrassed to walk around like that.

As for K, her tattoos aren't as bad, but her Venus portrait kinda reminds me of the derpy Jesus drawing.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

Their style is just horribly overdone.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

I was reading claims on Twitter that they alter their swatch photos so that affiliate products will look like closer dupes to the original item from MAC or or Viseart.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”