Daddy Dawson Spits, Never Swallows (Part 7)

Mads07
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy Dawson Spits, Never Swallows (Part 7)

Post by Mads07 »

wake wrote:Fullscreen is shutting down.
Like the whole company? I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/fu ... 202614100/ Image

I feel like this is his main form of income (I might be wrong), so that kind of sucks for him

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Yikes. Can't say I'm shocked though. With the selection of shows FS seemed to have, it was destined to flop. But Shane and Garrett have their new company, so maybe he can figure out a way to produce and monetize the podcast himself?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

The Fullscreen thing was announced Monday. It's just the streaming service - but, yes, the video podcasts are all cancelled as of this week. Shane can keep doing the podcasts, but he'll have to do them independently of Fullscreen, which is what he used to do. I doubt he'll quit doing the podcasts.

Grace's producer said they will still be doing their Not Too Deep podcast.

BTW, I hardly think Fullscreen is/was the majority of his income. He makes several million $$ a year just from his YT videos.

Nazzababy13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nazzababy13 »

Damn so no more podcast??

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

Chances of him continuing the podcast without Jess? I’d considering listening

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

He was able to make money off the podcast and pay for a producer and co-host before based on sponsorships for the episodes alone, so I don't see that changing now. I think the only major change will be that the kinds of guests they get will change. I don't think they'll be able to get "celebrity" guests or many people from outside the youtube community like they have been recently because they won't have as big of a budget.

Now that Shane has a separate office space with Garrett it may be an ideal place to set up a studio for the podcast so he has his own location he can film them himself and maybe set up a separate channel on youtube where he can post them for paid subs (a new feature for youtube) or try and go the youtube red route.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

He should ditch Jess and have Garrett cohost.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Agreed. FIRE JESS.

Post by Guest »

having a paid for subscription service for a bunch of, let's be real, crappy youtuber shows was really stupid from the start, though. i tried it out for a few months but it was literally never worth it.

i wonder if shane might go over to that other network, i couldn't tell you the name, but i think grace helbig recently moved her podcast over there. i think some other youtubers are over there as well. but shane is very...out there in terms of content so maybe not.

that sucks for him, though. at fullscreen they could afford more "celebrities", so i'm curious if he'd go back to having youtubers more frequently on the podcast again. i kind of prefer that a bit more.

and as for the chances of jess staying on? i'd say it's extremely unlikely. rip guuuuurl! cheers to no more hearing about her sex problems!!!!!! :cheers:
oh but good lord, i hope garrett stays far away from the podcast. i'm beginning to get garrett overload.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

If Shane and Shanna were still close, I think they could have been an entertaining podcast duo. Especially now that Shane isn't relying as heavily on the racial humor like he used to. Yeah, she was loud too, but it didn't seem as forced as Jessie's over-the-top persona.

But yeah, when I was thinking about continuing the podcast, I meant filming and then monetizing the video. I would hate for him to switch to another subscription service, because I had figured out a way to cheat the system on Fullscreen to watch the podcasts for free. Now my cheap ass would have to figure out a new site. I can imagine him wanting to stick to the subscription format.

LeGarconBleu
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LeGarconBleu »

The Fullscreen thing is a shocker, had no idea. I luckily had a year subscription for free from my cell phone carrier. SO glad i never gave in and paid for anything more. The selection of shows really was dismal. I only went on to watch Shane and Willam.

I would love for Garrett to replace Jess, not going to lie. I really think she has her moments, but for the most part is so out of place and her jokes rarely land. What do you guys think of her always bringing up how Shane never invites her to stuff? It's strange how often she brings it up.

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

manged wrote:If Shane and Shanna were still close, I think they could have been an entertaining podcast duo. Especially now that Shane isn't relying as heavily on the racial humor like he used to. Yeah, she was loud too, but it didn't seem as forced as Jessie's over-the-top persona.

But yeah, when I was thinking about continuing the podcast, I meant filming and then monetizing the video. I would hate for him to switch to another subscription service, because I had figured out a way to cheat the system on Fullscreen to watch the podcasts for free. Now my cheap ass would have to figure out a new site. I can imagine him wanting to stick to the subscription format.
Tbh I don't think he'd be able to monetize the video on youtube without altering the integrity of the podcast as there is a lot of swearing, sex talk and some nudity on the fullscreen podcast. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if he reduced the swearing and stuff but I think they loved having the freedom to do whatever they wanted. Maybe he could put it behind a paywall like Youtube Red (although for some reason, I get the feeling Youtube the company doesn't particularly like Shane)

arf88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by arf88 »

It's a shame about fullscreen. I know not everyone agreed but I thought it was pretty reasonably priced, assuming you were interested in the content. I really hope Shane continues the podcast, even if it just goes back to being on SoundCloud and iTunes. He seems to actually enjoy making the podcast, so I don't really seem him stopping it.

And if it does end up continuing, I don't see him getting rid of Jess. She's his friend, and she did the podcast with him back before Fullscreen took over, so it's not like she only came on recently.

Do any of you remember that "The Roost" thing that Roosterteeth was supposed to be doing? Shane's podcast was a part of that, but it never seemed to make a difference. Roosterteeth seems to have 5 billion podcasts and they all get sponsors. None of their podcasts are as crude as Shane's, but the Achievement Hunter one at least isn't what I'd consider "sponsor friendly". Maybe Shane could put a video podcast on YT and The Roost could finally do its job and get him a MeUndees sponsor.

LeGarconBleu
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LeGarconBleu »

Yea I don't think the podcast will end. Does anyone know if Shane has commented on the matter?

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

arf88 wrote:And if it does end up continuing, I don't see him getting rid of Jess. She's his friend, and she did the podcast with him back before Fullscreen took over, so it's not like she only came on recently.
They are not friends. She actually has complained many times on the podcast because Shane refuses to see her outside of the podcast and never invites her to social gatherings or to hang out. He tries to insist it's because he wants to maintain a professional work relationship but it's clear with his interactions with her on the podcast that he does not care for her. At this point, I think he only keeps her around to avoid the awkwardness of firing her and the fact that having her as a cohost was a favour to Lisa who he's still friendly with.

LeGarconBleu
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LeGarconBleu »

luluguava wrote:
arf88 wrote:And if it does end up continuing, I don't see him getting rid of Jess. She's his friend, and she did the podcast with him back before Fullscreen took over, so it's not like she only came on recently.
They are not friends. She actually has complained many times on the podcast because Shane refuses to see her outside of the podcast and never invites her to social gatherings or to hang out. He tries to insist it's because he wants to maintain a professional work relationship but it's clear with his interactions with her on the podcast that he does not care for her. At this point, I think he only keeps her around to avoid the awkwardness of firing her and the fact that having her as a cohost was a favour to Lisa who he's still friendly with.
Yesss this! I don't think he hates by any means, but he clearly does not want to hang out outside of the podcast. I can also see Shane not wanting to hang out because she seems to really want to just get high and he always says he's not into it. I don't blame him, I really think she should take a hint and relax.

I think it also doesn't help that Jess sometimes seems unprepared for the show, guests will come on and she's oblivious to who they are or what they do. I don't expect her to know everything, but this is your guest.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

It really bothers me too that she guilts Shane all the time, she always makes comments about how the show pays her bills and crap like that. In what other situation could you guilt your boss into not laying you off or firing you? So unprofessional. Shane should be able to get a new cohost if he wants to, he should be happy with his show, it sucks that it would most likely get a bit messy if he fired her.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

arf88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by arf88 »

Jess and Shane do hang out with each other outside the podcast - she went to Trish's birthday party with him and she was with him recently on snap chat with his new merch. They may not have started as friends, but that's not true now.

graciesea
Learner
Learner

Post by graciesea »

I don't think Garrett should be on the podcast. He's cute but...I don't really like his voice.

Oh, and Shane's humour did NOT work with that Alex guy like...at all.

Return to “Shane Dawson”