nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessDIYs - Alfie Deyes buys so much crap part 11

Post by nixworld68 »

joanna1821 wrote:
I don't know why I keep watching his vlogs they are nothing but cringe. He reminds me of a high school teenage boy, but for some reason I can't help but watch this "car crash" channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I really do question why I do it to myself! I think it's because I get so angry, I get all my frustration out with getting mad at such a fool he is!

His "inspirational" speech this morning... blimey. He really does think he's God's gift, doesn't he. When he's done this in the past I have got so cross I have left a comment telling him he is ridiculous and naive, but on this video a few other people have done that for me! I am just constantly staggered at how stupid he is thinking that if you really want something, you can get it. He is so unaware of how fortunate he is.

Also, how can someone have grown up in Brighton and not know which "prince or king or someone" made the Pavilion?

Bored_now
Learner
Learner

Post by Bored_now »

@noseyrosey22

It was in Zoe's vlog called Cold legs and rasberry crisps. Around 3.20
Don't know why she left it in. Maybe to make him look bad.

joanna1821
Learner
Learner

Post by joanna1821 »

nixworld68 wrote:
joanna1821 wrote:
I don't know why I keep watching his vlogs they are nothing but cringe. He reminds me of a high school teenage boy, but for some reason I can't help but watch this "car crash" channel.

I know, I really do question why I do it to myself! I think it's because I get so angry, I get all my frustration out with getting mad at such a fool he is!

His "inspirational" speech this morning... blimey. He really does think he's God's gift, doesn't he. When he's done this in the past I have got so cross I have left a comment telling him he is ridiculous and naive, but on this video a few other people have done that for me! I am just constantly staggered at how stupid he is thinking that if you really want something, you can get it. He is so unaware of how fortunate he is.

Also, how can someone have grown up in Brighton and not know which "prince or king or someone" made the Pavilion?
Would be easier to listen to his inspirational speeches if he was living a life to aspire to. Ok they have created wealth. But when I watch the two of them all I see is fake happiness, forced. They are living
The life you think of as "grown up" when your about 12, how you think things are gonna be. You then grow up and realise there's more to life than that.

Atleast when I watch poppy and Sean I see a couple who actually seem to value spending time together and enjoy each other.

joanna1821
Learner
Learner

Post by joanna1821 »

nixworld68 wrote:
joanna1821 wrote:

Would be easier to listen to his inspirational speeches if he was living a life to aspire to. Ok they have created wealth. But when I watch the two of them all I see is fake happiness, forced. They are living
The life you think of as "grown up" when your about 12, how you think things are gonna be. You then grow up and realise there's more to life than that.

Atleast when I watch poppy and Sean I see a couple who actually seem to value spending time together and enjoy each other.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Re: the motivational speeches, I personally do ascribe to the whole "if you want something, get it"-thing, but the problem with Alfie is that he is completely blind to how lucky he is. If he could acknowledge that, for him, luck was a huge factor in his success, it'd be easier to listen to. Even with all the hard work in the world, you often still need a little luck to help you out.

ncxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ncxo »

His motivational speech in yesterday's vlog was the worst yet, and soooo many of the top comments are saying how cringe it was and how he always talks about how good it is to get things done and be productive like fixing his fence (that broke months ago) and then he never does it himself haha

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

ncxo wrote:His motivational speech in yesterday's vlog was the worst yet, and soooo many of the top comments are saying how cringe it was and how he always talks about how good it is to get things done and be productive like fixing his fence (that broke months ago) and then he never does it himself haha
the gleam team must be deleting comments again because the only one i saw that was kinda negative was still kissing his ass. it's so embarrassing because half the comments are like "idk why everyone's complaining about the intro, i thought it was great!!!!" but there are no comments complaining about the intro anymore, so it's so obvious that someone's been deleting them lol.

also can i just say how sick i am of him trying to be casey neistat with the whole "just do it!!!! put in the work!!!" thing? gross.

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

I agree with all of the above. I hardly ever see any criticism in the comments on his videos and EVERYONE on youtube has criticism in their comments. Plus, there's nothing wrong with trying to be inspirational, but he lacks self awareness about his own life. If he's sharing the highlights of his days in his vlogs - WOW - he hardly does anything of value with his time. I think he genuinely believes that him pushing merch, uploading vlogs of nothingness, and finding ways of pandering to a pre-teen audience is actually admirable and something that others should aspire to. His head seems so far up his own ass that I don't think he realizes there are plenty of vloggers who actually leave the house to do and share exciting things - not just get takeaway again.

MaaryJustice
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MaaryJustice »

tctp wrote:
ncxo wrote:His motivational speech in yesterday's vlog was the worst yet, and soooo many of the top comments are saying how cringe it was and how he always talks about how good it is to get things done and be productive like fixing his fence (that broke months ago) and then he never does it himself haha
the gleam team must be deleting comments again because the only one i saw that was kinda negative was still kissing his ass. it's so embarrassing because half the comments are like "idk why everyone's complaining about the intro, i thought it was great!!!!" but there are no comments complaining about the intro anymore, so it's so obvious that someone's been deleting them lol.

also can i just say how sick i am of him trying to be casey neistat with the whole "just do it!!!! put in the work!!!" thing? gross.
They definitely are! The first thing I noticed when I first watched the vlog was the staggering amount of comments slagging him off for the self-obsessed delusional hypocrite he really is. I scrolled for ages and every third comment was about his cringeworthy "motivational speech". Alfie normally never moderates comments so that should tell you how many thumbs up the comments were getting. What an absolute idiot.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

PointlessSpeeches: Broken Logic, Fence, and Cameras

:D

scruffythebone
Learner
Learner

Post by scruffythebone »

If anyone hasn't already, check out BBC 3's new comedy called pls like, it's on youtube.

It's a mockumentry style show that pokes fun at vloggers. You might see some heavy Alfie influence in the first episode.

i+dont+even+know
Learner
Learner

Post by i+dont+even+know »

"I don't know how some daily vloggers manage to fit doing their washing, cleaning their house, like, I don't know how people fit it into their life. Like going to get their car washed. Even that took time the other day."

I............ He's EXHAUSTING to watch. How can he not hear himself? I don't understand how he could possibily think he doesn't have the time to do anything. He wakes up early in the morning, he goes to the gym, 6 hours magically pass and it's suddenly time for lunch, another 5 hours pass and it's time for dinner and then either TV or going out. He vlogs for 15 minutes a day at most. How hard can it be to edit that kind of footage after years of editing experience? Do those '''meetings'''' really need to be 6 hours long? How long could washing take for literally TWO people living in that house? I'm going to stop watching his vlogs cause he's turned into a parody of a parody of himself. Truly unbelievable.

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

scruffythebone wrote:If anyone hasn't already, check out BBC 3's new comedy called pls like, it's on youtube.

It's a mockumentry style show that pokes fun at vloggers. You might see some heavy Alfie influence in the first episode.
I'm dead
That "Plz Like" sketch is too fricking funny.

And the fact they renamed Gleam Beam
And Zoella to "Millipede"

I'm dying

Link is here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

Pastel Rage wrote:Re: the motivational speeches, I personally do ascribe to the whole "if you want something, get it"-thing, but the problem with Alfie is that he is completely blind to how lucky he is. If he could acknowledge that, for him, luck was a huge factor in his success, it'd be easier to listen to. Even with all the hard work in the world, you often still need a little luck to help you out.
He's had THE most privileged life
- Dad is a Director at London School of Economics. So never faced money issues.
- His parents never divorced. Tbh Alfies mum probably was just a stay at home mum since she does nothing but gardens now. So had a loving family life.
- Never bullied. He said he was quite popular at school. No childhood issues.

So he's had the most linear life. I'm slightly jealous as someone who's had every obstacle in the world. But it's made me more resilient and a humbled person.

If Alfie went bankrupt tomorrow it'd be hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

livibobs12
Learner
Learner

Post by livibobs12 »

The wax figures bit had me laughing cause it's obviously about them. I bet Zoe and Alfie will try and make it a positive and say that they are so famous look it's all about us!

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

[tweet][/tweet]

Did he even pass elementary school science? Even fourth graders know vinegar is an acid.

notthatangry
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by notthatangry »

I guess I hate myself, because I went back to watch the 'Honest Q&A' video, even though I knew it would be insufferable. But boy, it was special wasn't it? I did love this comment though, which is currently the 3rd top comment (!). I can't believe it hasn't been removed.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

livibobs12
Learner
Learner

Post by livibobs12 »

I can't believe that comments still there and it nearly has 400 likes. It looks like some fans are agreeing as well

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

notthatangry wrote:I guess I hate myself, because I went back to watch the 'Honest Q&A' video, even though I knew it would be insufferable. But boy, it was special wasn't it? I did love this comment though, which is currently the 3rd top comment (!). I can't believe it hasn't been removed.
Capture.PNG
If his comments weren't so censored I'd think he'd be seeing this a lot more. One of the most irritating things about Alfie is that so many of the things he complains about are OBVIOUSLY his own doing. Particularly bad is the "I wanted to be doing (fill in the blank) but I had to edit this vlog for you guys". Dude, that's you're own decision! He has so much control and yet almost never puts the blame on himself for not planning or taking initiative.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

notthatangry wrote:I guess I hate myself, because I went back to watch the 'Honest Q&A' video, even though I knew it would be insufferable. But boy, it was special wasn't it? I did love this comment though, which is currently the 3rd top comment (!). I can't believe it hasn't been removed.
Capture.PNG
it's gone now. the gleam team strikes again.

i'm so sick of PointlessWhinging.............. like does he not realize that he has twenty times the flexibility of someone with a more traditional job?? i don't know how much longer i can even hatewatch him. he has no concept of his privilege at all.

Return to “Pointless Blog”