Revolution

helloparis
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Revolution

Post by helloparis »

Just wondering, does anyone here watch the NBC show, "Revolution"? If so, what are your thoughts on the show?

I've been watching since the pilot episode and I absolutely love it! Some of their episodes really make my heart race! :o It's very thrilling to watch and I love the dystopian setting. Also, it doesn't hurt that I find Billy Burke (Miles) and David Lyons (Monroe) extremely attractive. And the show is produced by J.J Abrams, which is another plus from me!

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Re: Revolution

Post by PyroMakeup »

Compared to other shows I watch I find it a little draggy/slow. I did like the first few episodes but after awhile I found myself bored. I watched the rest of the series just to see if it would pick up, but I still found myself loosing interest in it. :/ I don't know I haven't found myself to really like any of the characters too much.

PurpleRain
Talker
Talker

Post by PurpleRain »

I have never heard of this show, and I love JJ! What is it about?

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

PyroMakeup wrote:Compared to other shows I watch I find it a little draggy/slow. I did like the first few episodes but after awhile I found myself bored. I watched the rest of the series just to see if it would pick up, but I still found myself loosing interest in it. :/ I don't know I haven't found myself to really like any of the characters too much.
Yeah, I find some episodes are just there to be "filler" episodes that don't really contribute to the major storyline. The latest episode was pretty exciting though. But it won't be back until March! :P
PurpleRain wrote:I have never heard of this show, and I love JJ! What is it about?
Basically, one day, all of the power and electricity in the world mysteriously shuts off. People start going crazy because they can't survive without eletricity and there's a lot of murders and deaths going on because people are running out of food and water. Revolution takes place 15 years after the blackout and it's about Charlie (the main female character) and her uncle Miles along with their group of friends trying to survive in the world post-black out. Charlie wants to find her brother, Danny, who has been kidnapped by the Monroe Republic militia. (After the black-out, the government collapses, so basically the US Is divided into different republics ruled by different people.) The Monroe Republic are ruthless, vicious and very murderous. Because of the black-out, guns/bombs/ect no longer exist so everyone uses swords, daggers or bow and arrows to fight and it's pretty interesting!

I've heard people compare Revolution as The Walking Dead without zombies, but since I've never seen The Walking Dead, I can't vouch for that! :P It's excellent though, so you should definitely give it a watch! They have all of the episodes for free on Hulu right now. :)

Return to “Sci-Fi”