Our family nest

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our family nest

Post by Ohioteal »

youtube_obsessed843 wrote:I agree that Candi addressed the gossip and hate in a discussion based way instead of attacking people or being unreasonable about people's thoughts. My issue with the assumptions/addressing hate video is that she refuses to hold herself accountable for things. I believe Candi is a good mother, I really do. All of the kids attend school, participate in extracurriculars and seem to be generally well rounded. But there are discrepancies in what she says/claims vs what actually happens in the videos and it displays poor parenting skills.

By bringing up Chase's weight and other struggles regarding wrestling, she is sending an overarching message that it is okay to encourage your kid to lose weight to a degree that may not be mentally or physically healthy. Yes, this is what's required of him. Yes, he's 17.That doesn't mean you're at the age to make meaningful and generally healthy/correct decisions about your body and what it needs. It would be one thing if he were training for the next Olympic games, or even relying on wrestling to help him receive a full college scholarship, but neither of those are what is going on here.

By allowing Karli to talk back to her or be moody, ON CAMERA, sends an overarching message that behavior and attitude don't matter. Or, when you act like a brat you still get whatever you want. There have been multiple times where this occurred at the mall and Candi just continued as if nothing happened while Karli still got whatever she wanted.

This wasn't addressed in the video, but by allowing Karli to miss (one of the very few) work obligations she got the rare opportunity to do sends the overarching message that it's perfectly fine to miss work engagements where you were specifically chosen for a certain reason and people are counting on you. Last year Karli had a project to film for in LA and didn't go because she was too sick.

Showing all of these personal details about her family is sending an overarching message to the public that she/the family is up for discussion. She chooses to film these clips, edit them, and include them in the videos. These assumptions or opinions people have of the family aren't inaccurate because it's what Candi chooses to film. Karli is over it. Chase is despondent and basically just deals with his entire life/relationship on camera. Blake seems completely out of the picture. And poor Andrew can't hold a relationship together because of his mom forcing it all on camera. Clearly the income from the channel is based on the children's social lives...but is that enough anymore?
Karli had something to film in LA and didn’t go because she was sick? I must have missed that. I don’t know how sick she was but sometimes you can’t help that. I haven’t seen it so I’m not sure what the circumstances were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

Ohioteal wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:23 pm
youtube_obsessed843 wrote:I agree that Candi addressed the gossip and hate in a discussion based way instead of attacking people or being unreasonable about people's thoughts. My issue with the assumptions/addressing hate video is that she refuses to hold herself accountable for things. I believe Candi is a good mother, I really do. All of the kids attend school, participate in extracurriculars and seem to be generally well rounded. But there are discrepancies in what she says/claims vs what actually happens in the videos and it displays poor parenting skills.

By bringing up Chase's weight and other struggles regarding wrestling, she is sending an overarching message that it is okay to encourage your kid to lose weight to a degree that may not be mentally or physically healthy. Yes, this is what's required of him. Yes, he's 17.That doesn't mean you're at the age to make meaningful and generally healthy/correct decisions about your body and what it needs. It would be one thing if he were training for the next Olympic games, or even relying on wrestling to help him receive a full college scholarship, but neither of those are what is going on here.

By allowing Karli to talk back to her or be moody, ON CAMERA, sends an overarching message that behavior and attitude don't matter. Or, when you act like a brat you still get whatever you want. There have been multiple times where this occurred at the mall and Candi just continued as if nothing happened while Karli still got whatever she wanted.

This wasn't addressed in the video, but by allowing Karli to miss (one of the very few) work obligations she got the rare opportunity to do sends the overarching message that it's perfectly fine to miss work engagements where you were specifically chosen for a certain reason and people are counting on you. Last year Karli had a project to film for in LA and didn't go because she was too sick.

Showing all of these personal details about her family is sending an overarching message to the public that she/the family is up for discussion. She chooses to film these clips, edit them, and include them in the videos. These assumptions or opinions people have of the family aren't inaccurate because it's what Candi chooses to film. Karli is over it. Chase is despondent and basically just deals with his entire life/relationship on camera. Blake seems completely out of the picture. And poor Andrew can't hold a relationship together because of his mom forcing it all on camera. Clearly the income from the channel is based on the children's social lives...but is that enough anymore?
Karli had something to film in LA and didn’t go because she was sick? I must have missed that. I don’t know how sick she was but sometimes you can’t help that. I haven’t seen it so I’m not sure what the circumstances were.

Like I said it wasn't addressed in the gossip video but it still worth mentioning. I don't remember the exact date, but around last February or March.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

Ohioteal wrote:

Karli had the flu if I remember correctly which she seems to get every year. That's a valid reason not to travel to LA where you could infect many more people than just your family members.

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

heatherrrrz wrote:
Ohioteal wrote:

Karli had the flu if I remember correctly which she seems to get every year. That's a valid reason not to travel to LA where you could infect many more people than just your family members.
She’s kind of damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. She skipped school recently but went to dance, and people shit on her for it. She gets shit on if she is sick and goes somewhere, or if she is sick and stays home to rest. If I had the flu, I would not be getting on a plane to travel almost across the country. I would stay home to get better.

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Our family nest

Post by Ohioteal »

Adjustments.JPG
Candi posted this in the comments of a recent video. I think it’s more directed at the discussion here.

Edit: photos haven’t been showing up properly for me on here, so just in case that is happening to others, it’s basically a comment on a recent video where Candi is saying that Chase doesn’t want to quit wrestling. He just didn’t want to go to that camp because he was intimidated by someone that might have been going as well. And that sometimes teens need to be pushed out of their comfort zone. But Chase went to the camp and had a good time.

She said there seemed to be confusion in the comments about Chase wanting to quit wrestling... I haven’t seen a lot of discussion about that on their videos, so I think it was aimed at the discussion here. We definitely know she goes on here now. I don’t read a lll of their YouTube comments, so maybe people were talking about it there as well. She worded it really nicely. I do really like that Candi hasn’t been snippy or defensive like most youtubers responding to “hate” or “assumptions”. I’m glad Chase had a good time. Candi, you should just comment on here and talk to us! Other youtubers have done it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

I still stand on the side of Chase not being passionate about the sport anymore and that it wasn't just because he didn't want to step out of his comfort zone.

Side note: couldn't get over how much he looked like Blake in the thumbnail of that video. Also wish Asha wouldn't be the one vlogging so much. If Chase doesn't want to vlog, I don't want to see Asha commenting on what they're doing.

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

heatherrrrz wrote:I still stand on the side of Chase not being passionate about the sport anymore and that it wasn't just because he didn't want to step out of his comfort zone.

Side note: couldn't get over how much he looked like Blake in the thumbnail of that video. Also wish Asha wouldn't be the one vlogging so much. If Chase doesn't want to vlog, I don't want to see Asha commenting on what they're doing.
I know, I thought it was Blake in the thumbnail and so did a lot of other people in the comments! The kids definitely look related but sometimes they all look super similar at different angles. Even Andrew, and he has a different dad. Candi must have some strong genes lol.

Has Chase ever talked about if he wants to go to a 4 year college or what his plans are? I’m really curious what he wants to do and if he’s planning on wrestling in college. I only went to junior college and never applied for any schools, so I don’t really know what it takes to get in, but I wonder if he is doing any AP classes or how his grades generally are.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

I don't think he's said anything, but she'll probably have a video series on it eventually. I could see them filming a sit down video talking about his plans for college and college visits. I took all my college tours in the spring of my Junior year so they should be thinking about it soon.

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

heatherrrrz wrote:I don't think he's said anything, but she'll probably have a video series on it eventually. I could see them filming a sit down video talking about his plans for college and college visits. I took all my college tours in the spring of my Junior year so they should be thinking about it soon.
I hope they do! I think Blake is starting junior college in January, maybe Chase will follow suit depending on how it goes for Blake.

youtube_obsessed842
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed842 »

Ohioteal wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 pm
heatherrrrz wrote:I still stand on the side of Chase not being passionate about the sport anymore and that it wasn't just because he didn't want to step out of his comfort zone.

I know, I thought it was Blake in the thumbnail and so did a lot of other people in the comments! The kids definitely look related but sometimes they all look super similar at different angles. Even Andrew, and he has a different dad. Candi must have some strong genes lol.

Has Chase ever talked about if he wants to go to a 4 year college or what his plans are? I’m really curious what he wants to do and if he’s planning on wrestling in college. I only went to junior college and never applied for any schools, so I don’t really know what it takes to get in, but I wonder if he is doing any AP classes or how his grades generally are.

I have no idea what Chase's college plans are, and to my knowledge they haven't addressed it on the channel, but I would assume that Chase is pursuing wrestling in college considering the money Candi and Ken are spending on it. Playing a varsity sport in high school isn't cheap. Even though it's public school, you still have to pay for your uniform, equipment, team related paraphernalia, traveling/transportation fees, hotel rooms. On top of that they pay for Chase to go to wrestling camps, Ken has volunteered a lot of his time to the team, almost all of Chase's wrestling matches are featured on the channel during the winter months (lol, a shameless plug directed towards college recruiters I guess), etc. I know Candi sort of explained that they make light of Chase having to stay within a certain weight, but clearly that is a hot topic of conversation in their household. My point is they spend a good amount of time on Chase's wrestling 'career'. Not saying Chase will obtain some kind of amazing scholarship for college wrestling or even have financial aid, but with the emphasis around it I would hope that there is a greater goal here. In my experience, good colleges these days favor applicants who show a dedication and commitment to one activity, plus high grades. It shows you are committed to the sport/activity and can still excel in your classes, instead of spreading yourself thin just to be 'well rounded'. My parents pushed me to ride horses competitively, play the violin, participate in school sports, join clubs and go to tutoring/SAT prep all during high school. It backfired. If Chase can keep his grades up and continue with wrestling I think he is on track to do it in college as well.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

Candi “spilling the tea” at the end of today’s blog was so inappropriate. Andrew is almost 24 and hooked up with his ex. Happens all the time. I guess living in that house means that your every move is fodder for the vlogs. And one more thing...why complain that the kids were calling/texting while they were on vacation and then admit that they were watching the kids every move on the security cameras. That is so pathetic. They had a house sitter there was no reason to watch the cameras. If they get alerts they should have just turned them off. Get a life Candi.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

I thought it was kinda gross to out your son's life like that. If he wanted it known that he was with her, he would have said something himself. If my mom had ever gone on camera and spoken about how I snuck a boy inside, I would have died.

GGishi-liteofmyday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GGishi-liteofmyday »

Is it common for adult “children” to remain on their parents car insurance? I know health insurance is 26, but I always thought you got your own policy when you are out of college. Just surprised to hear Candi say Andrew is still on their policy.

With two teens and three adults I can’t imagine how much they pay!!

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

Damn Candi just told everyone all of Andrew’s business. We all know it’s Cori. I wonder if she asked him if it was ok to say that? She kept it vague but we can all read between the lines. She also said Andrew was planning on moving out soon to Ohio in either today or yesterday’s video. I wonder how soon? That will be interesting. I wonder how close he will be to them once moved out.

Yeah I thought that was weird that he’s still on her policy at first since he has a full time job and lives rent free. Although to be fair, I was on my parent’s policy at that age and I just paid my parents directly each month. Same with my phone. It was cheaper for me that way than being on my own policy and plan so maybe he does that?

I really do like Candi and genuinely do like their family, but I will never understand why Candi will make a video talk about how her kids were selfish and ruining their vacation, only to complain when people call out that the kids are selfish or spoiled in the comments. I know that she’s just keeping it real but if you don’t want people to trash talk your kids, don’t expose their bad behavior. I also felt really bad for how hungry Chase was. I get super light headed and anxious when I’m hungry as an adult woman so I can’t even imagine what it’s like for a ravenous and growing teenage boy. I don’t think any sport is worth that. I also worry that it will mess up his metabolism or growth long term. Kind of scary stuff all for a sport, no matter how much he enjoys it or what the benefits for college may be.

heatherrrrz
Informer
Informer

Post by heatherrrrz »

As soon as I bought my own car, I was on my own policy so it's been like 8 years at least for me. The first car was the one my parents bought for me and that was them paying for insurance, but the deal was if I wanted a new car then I'd be on my own policy.

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

Return to “Our Family Nest”