BotoxGeekTV--Part 7

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

BotoxGeekTV--Part 7

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Continue here!'Thank you to evil-robot for the perfectly hilarious and very appropriate thread name :rofl: :rofl:
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

ihatesnobbyyters
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: BotoxGeekTV--Part 7

Post by ihatesnobbyyters »

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

ColdHeartedBitch wrote: Continue here!'Thank you to evil-robot for the perfectly hilarious and very appropriate thread name :rofl: :rofl:
oh no I didn't create the name, I think it was Trash_Queen who came up with a name :tu:
thanks for the new thread :respekt:

Trash_Queen
Informer
Informer

Post by Trash_Queen »

Oh wow, my thread name was picked! I'm honored!
I will say, at least she seems to treat her staff really nicely which is always a good thing. But i'm still holding out for that lab tour *sarcasm* :rofl:

GlitterGirl
Learner
Learner

Post by GlitterGirl »

First time poster on this thread, but I had to come on here for two reasons. One, who on earth puts up chandeliers in a warehouse? They look so strange with the bare walls and floors.
Secondly Jaclyn threw some major shade at Makeup Geek on snap. She was lying in bed after the Champagne Pop party talking about how the new face palette sold out in a few hours. She said that had pulled quite a bit of stock for this pre-release on the Sephora app, not just 10.000 units but a lot more, because the goal was not to be sold out in a few hours. Wasn't this the exact number of Manny palettes released?

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Does anybody know how it legally is ok to say they are made in usa even thiugh they are not

protocol53
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by protocol53 »

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by protocol53 on Wed May 18, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ you did slay ~ 20 million dollars ~

protocol53
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by protocol53 »

lillemy01 wrote:Does anybody know how it legally is ok to say they are made in usa even thiugh they are not
I found a little info on the FTC's website here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busines ... a-standard

It seemed just slightly vague. Here are a few bullet points from that info:

- The Commission does not pre-approve advertising or labeling claims. A company doesn’t need approval from the Commission before making a Made in USA claim. As with most other advertising claims, a manufacturer or marketer may make any claim as long as it is truthful and substantiated.

- For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.

- "All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.

- The product’s final assembly or processing must take place in the U.S. The Commission then considers other factors, including how much of the product’s total manufacturing costs can be assigned to U.S. parts and processing, and how far removed any foreign content is from the finished product. In some instances, only a small portion of the total manufacturing costs are attributable to foreign processing, but that processing represents a significant amount of the product’s overall processing. The same could be true for some foreign parts. In these cases, the foreign content (processing or parts) is more than negligible, and, as a result, unqualified claims are inappropriate.

So, it sounds like she can just say that, and until somebody calls her on it and involves the FTC, she can continue to claim it. Also, it sounds like it depends on how much of the product is actually manufactured / assembled outside the country. She could either just be lying, or barely squeaking by skating the thin line.

Unless someone else can trudge through all that and make more sense of it.

PS - There is also a section on that page: What if I suspect noncompliance with the FTC’s Made in USA standard or other country-of-origin mislabeling? It has all their contact info and everything. ;)

Mrs. Realistic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mrs. Realistic »

Marlena releases a product and says it's the best thing ever ... Better than all other brands and so on; yet, she's constantly reformulating her products. If they're so good, why the need to change so much? Also, her prices just keep going up. New blushes $15?!

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

Damn I was not ready for this visual T___T

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

I nearly smashed my monitor YOU GUYS !! Thirty Seven times - YES 37 times she said 'you guys' in an 18 minute video !! I was nearly screamed you guys! And did you guys (LOL) notice that the bright pink hair mask nearly slipped out of the tub when she was shaking it about with no lid on ....OMG you guys, I was hoping her immaculate white background was going to be daubed in pink ! AND then you guys (<<<see what I did there) - she's still only a size 12 U.S (16 UK - my arse she is - my daughter is a size 16 UK and marlena is nowhere near my daughter's size , I would say nearer a UK 20/22 US 18/20). I was half expecting new make up geek products - she did mention 'venom' which is on her eyelids - looks like a dupe for L'oreal infallible's golden emerald to me (green with flecks of gold in it!).....
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Whisperofguilt
Talker
Talker

Post by Whisperofguilt »

She said "I get so winded I forget to breathe."

How the hell you forget to do something you've been doing since you were born and something that requires no thinking at all? Stupid.

Not to mention, I don't see why anyone would take skincare recommendations from her. Especially anti-aging ones. Her face is so filled and stretched, it's almost a horror movie.

Whisperofguilt
Talker
Talker

Post by Whisperofguilt »

auntiflo13 wrote:I nearly smashed my monitor YOU GUYS !! Thirty Seven times - YES 37 times she said 'you guys' in an 18 minute video !! I was nearly screamed you guys! And did you guys (LOL) notice that the bright pink hair mask nearly slipped out of the tub when she was shaking it about with no lid on ....OMG you guys, I was hoping her immaculate white background was going to be daubed in pink ! AND then you guys (<<<see what I did there) - she's still only a size 12 U.S (16 UK - my arse she is - my daughter is a size 16 UK and marlena is nowhere near my daughter's size , I would say nearer a UK 20/22 US 18/20). I was half expecting new make up geek products - she did mention 'venom' which is on her eyelids - looks like a dupe for L'oreal infallible's golden emerald to me (green with flecks of gold in it!).....
And her other one...."I'm not gonna lie...you guys"....

Lutine
Debater
Debater

Post by Lutine »

This thing is amaaaaaaaaaaazing! repeated over and over and over....

and still jugging down two 20oz Starbucks coffees full of syrup like there's no tomorrow...

autotroph
Learner
Learner

Post by autotroph »

pandachan wrote:Damn I was not ready for this visual T___T
I haven't seen the video yet, and I may never watch it, because I'm having more fun guessing what she's doing. Roll-on deodorant on her feet?

autotroph
Learner
Learner

Post by autotroph »

Double post, so one more guess: is she showing off the injuries from wearing shoes that are consistently two sizes too small?

protocol53
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by protocol53 »

pandachan wrote:Damn I was not ready for this visual T___T

I liked this post, not so much because I liked what I saw, but more because it made me laugh hysterically. :rofl:

WTactualF??? And her face in the second one. :rofl: OMG I forget to breathe I'm laughing so hard. (<<see what I did there) :?

auntiflo13

Post by auntiflo13 »

My daughter says she has 'mud fever' in her hooves .... I've totally gone now !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I half expected her to topple backwards onto the floor when she was putting the anti mud fever treatment on her hooves LMAO!x
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

Her laugh.

Can't it anymore because it seems so forced.

In her latest snapchat - she's outside a church after someone got married.

Why the hell is she laughing like that?

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Jepp size 12 :FU: :FU: :FU:

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”