Start conversation here

Smiling Assassin
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KatersOneSeven/DudeLikeHella Part 3

Post by Smiling Assassin »

Leech when you decided to stay home after your Holiday, that was the best decision you have ever made. Now we can watch Kat's videos without you in them. Your the reason I have =unsubscribed from her channel. Your the reason I advance the video to find a clip where you or your voice is not included. A large of number of people have done or are doing the same thing. You are the sole reason Kat's ratings have plummeted on youtube. Screaming like a possessed prat or interrupting kat when she is talking when you feel you are not getting attention. Whatever you have to say is not important and complete nonsense. You must proud to have RUINED Kat's life. :toad:

Meep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Meep »

Part 3?! I am so proud haha ;)

Lucet
Debater
Debater

Post by Lucet »

I think the point with them is that they can be good friends, but they're awful as a couple. As somebody said - they bring the worst qualities in each other when it comes to this relationship. I've been watching them since 2010 (or even 2009), when Cory was married to Steph and he was different - still a bit annoying, like not a man I'd date or marry, but NOT at this extent. Kate was also different back then. It just switched when they got together. He became a complete man-child, from a guy that had childish moments (which guy doesn't, really?) and Kate became an old lady in a 20-somethings body instead of her old motivated self. In some way it's sad. I hope they both wake up someday and realise that they do not suit each other at all.

heffamom
Learner
Learner

Post by heffamom »

Lucet wrote:I think the point with them is that they can be good friends, but they're awful as a couple. As somebody said - they bring the worst qualities in each other when it comes to this relationship. I've been watching them since 2010 (or even 2009), when Cory was married to Steph and he was different - still a bit annoying, like not a man I'd date or marry, but NOT at this extent. Kate was also different back then. It just switched when they got together. He became a complete man-child, from a guy that had childish moments (which guy doesn't, really?) and Kate became an old lady in a 20-somethings body instead of her old motivated self. In some way it's sad. I hope they both wake up someday and realise that they do not suit each other at all.
I had a chat with one of the oblivious ones once who kept thinking I was ragging on the gameplay/cosplay aspects of their life, like that was the issue. That is NOT the problem-I know plenty of fully-adult nerds (HELLO! ;) ) who can enjoy their interests and still manage to have a work ethic, pay their bills, have mature relationships, and so on.

I said that bit about them bringing out the worst in each other, and I stand by it, but even more than that is they also prevent the best to come through. Cory used to do some interesting work and was always ready to try new things, and Kate was creative and had a really unique sense of humor and perspective that informed what she was doing. They both had their heads in more positive spaces and actually acted like they had some drive and thought to the future!

If they're really burned out on YouTube and vlogging, fine. It might be the best thing they can do at this point to quit. But it's not going to make what they have and do to each other any healthier. Until they finally face the realities of their relationship and quit blaming "the haters" or YouTube, they are going to keep getting sucked into the negativity circle and they won't understand why it keeps following them.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

I completely agree with you, heffamom. My boyfriend and I are both gamers (in fact, met through gaming) and are now living together. We are pretty hardcore gamers and still manage to juggle full time jobs, paying bills, rent and maintaining friendships with people other than ourselves. I have aspirations to go into the gaming field and saving to pay for school in the future and my boyfriend already has a degree in engineering.

Both Cory and Kate have no idea what they are doing with their life, or what to do with it in the future. It worries me less with Kate as I am 26 going on 27 and only now have a clear idea of what I am going to study - but for Cory to be 32 and have no idea of where he is going with his life and dragging Kate with him is what is bothering me.

Kate has shot down plenty of work opportunities in the field she is interested in (gaming, entertainment) since she started dating him and my theory is that it isn't due to her being a "good girl" but due to the fact that her boyfriend is needy and afraid she'll seek independence and grow apart from him.

See Kate is still in her early 20's, while Cory is in his early-mid 30's. Kate has plenty of opportunities ahead of her and is more likely to find a new partner, if she left the house without Cory, or hung out with people who aren't related to him (ex. Seth) and are driven and passionate about their goals in life. However it terrifies the Leech so he shoots down her ideas, keeps her close to him, prevents her from having a solid income (and lives off her) - all to keep her from growing up and moving on to better things.

She is definitely still the old naive Kate deep down inside which is why she doesn't see it the way we - viewers with far more life experience on our hands - see it. But she is also not half as smart or caring, and definitely not innocent, as she wants us to think she is anymore.

I doubt she will wake up from this unless someone like her mother, or father, intervenes and tells her that she is being a slob and needs to move on with her life.

dudewtf
Informer
Informer

Post by dudewtf »

I wish they'd stop vlogging as well because their videos are just boring & annoying at this point but I have a feeling that Kate's vlogs pays for the majority of things so they can't quit unless they find income from somewhere else. Also, still annoys me how she gets DAYS behind when she doesn't have a busy schedule AT ALL. I don't get it.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

WOW part 3! We're a chatty bunch! lol

I wish she'd get caught up on vlogs. I want to see Daddy vlogs! At least then they might be somewhat interesting. By the time she uploads them she'll be back in Cali.
.......meow.......

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

dudewtf wrote:Also, still annoys me how she gets DAYS behind when she doesn't have a busy schedule AT ALL. I don't get it.
Of course - especially when she has no excuse too when there are vloggers out there who don't miss a single day and are far busier and have had far worse sickness than she has. Not to mention it is her job, and she's slacking with it. If I didn't show up to work for several days and told my boss I was feeling sick I would be fired.

I do admit I am also upset with how much she decides to share with us, not so much with not sharing it but with how vague and misleading she gets instead of being honest and upfront about stuff in the first place. We caught her lying or hiding things from viewers before and it felt dishonest and disrespectful to the viewers. Yeah, I get she might not want to share everything she does, but she did choose vlogging over being a private person and it comes with some sort of a price she has to pay.

heffamom
Learner
Learner

Post by heffamom »

nothingwrong wrote:Yeah, I get she might not want to share everything she does, but she did choose vlogging over being a private person and it comes with some sort of a price she has to pay.
I hate to defend her for being shady sometimes, but I'm sure it's no news to any of you folks around here that she's not alone in that. They ALL do it to a certain extent. Human beings have every right to some degree of privacy regardless of profession. I think the joke is "Even the Queen of England gets to crap without an audience". Kate's problem is she doesn't edit enough out and leaves too much in that can cause issues later.

In regards to that, I had an unpleasant thought today. I think someone once mentioned the idea jokingly, but what if Cory really does control a lot of the editing, or at least influence her a lot on what clips to include? It would really fit the pattern of their relationship, and it would explain a lot of what gets left in there-or left out. It would also explain some of the weird timing she has if she has to run it past the boyfriend editorial board before posting. He's such a narcissistic being that he wouldn't care if his childish behavior is out there because he doesn't think there's anything wrong or abnormal about it. But he also probably wants to make sure certain things-like her hanging out with a male friend and displaying adult chemistry, for instance-don't show up in the vlogs to embarrass him and hurt his fee-fees.

Then again, sometime I just get a weird vibe when I actually force myself to watch some of the more unpleasant moments that it's her clumsy version of a cry for help. If she's really in complete charge and control of the editing, she really needs to figure out how much bad stuff she's letting show. And it's not like it's her trying to "show that their lives aren't perfect", because it's driving away viewers and causing really negative controversy. To say nothing of putting on a textbook display of an unhealthy relationship.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

You're not really defending her. It's one thing to keep some things to yourself and it's one thing to deliberately hide events and lie to your followers. There have been 2 incidents where she and Cory broke up and it wasn't until she was confronted by it that she spoke about it, in other incidents she decided to completely ignore the issues despite losing respect from many viewers and losing views for it.

Kate doesn't keep things to herself to keep her privacy, she does it to avoid it all together.

She just isn't honest anymore.

cheetahwithachainsaw
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by cheetahwithachainsaw »

It's scary how much Cory has taken over the katers vlogs, the latest is pretty much themed around farts and toilet humour.

heffamom
Learner
Learner

Post by heffamom »

nothingwrong wrote:You're not really defending her. It's one thing to keep some things to yourself and it's one thing to deliberately hide events and lie to your followers. There have been 2 incidents where she and Cory broke up and it wasn't until she was confronted by it that she spoke about it, in other incidents she decided to completely ignore the issues despite losing respect from many viewers and losing views for it.

Kate doesn't keep things to herself to keep her privacy, she does it to avoid it all together.

She just isn't honest anymore.
You're right, nothingwrong. :)

I 'm glad I'm not coming off as just trying to defend her, because I'm not. It is my curse in life to play devil's advocate.

The whole thing about Kate trying to recapture her innocence is more like her not wanting to grow up, and the dishonesty seems an off-shoot of that. I think she's so busy lying to herself to avoid dealing with her life issues that it's become second nature to her to do it on the vlogs too.

Sometimes I really wish I could sit the girl down, tell her how much I truly used to respect who she was and enjoy what she did before Cory and her L.A.-itis. Everything's only going to get worse the longer she keeps trying to put off dealing with everything.

CinnamonShe
Debater
Debater

Post by CinnamonShe »

cheetahwithachainsaw wrote:It's scary how much Cory has taken over the katers vlogs, the latest is pretty much themed around farts and toilet humour.
Being around Cory seems like it could become incredibly stressful after awhile. He has that tendency to suck the air out of the room. I like Kate's recent Keek where she's laughing with her dad. She seems relaxed now that she doesn't have to keep her bearings around Cory's overbearing blasts of whatever. I wonder if her stomach settled down.

Remera
Informer
Informer

Post by Remera »

I was on youtube the other day and Cory's youtube story popped up in my recommended videos, it's thirty minutes long but I had nothing to do so I thought I'd give it a watch. He has quit absolutely every single thing he has ever started! The entire video is 'So I started this, got what I needed from it and then quit because of reason'. It was infuriating. The video was posted in 2010, so it'a bit behind but this trend had continued, like that thing he was doing where people dared him to dye his hair and spontaneous combust (only two videos I can remember off the top of my head), that ended as well. And DudeLikeHella?! It's one project after another, dropped as soon as it doesn't work the right way.

His mother seems like a hard working woman so I don't know why he's been allowed to continue like this.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 »

So, on her Facebook, Kate is agreeing to marry Cory and have a baby for him if he gets her a puppy. :lol:

readerbeware00
Informer
Informer

Post by readerbeware00 »

CIK27 wrote:So, on her Facebook, Kate is agreeing to marry Cory and have a baby for him if he gets her a puppy. :lol:
Dang, that's a pretty big bribery. Why don't she just go out and get herself a puppy? I totally would. The hell with men needing to be in control of everything all the time. If he has a problem with it than Kate can live on her own with her puppy. He's got two cuddly furry babies of his own, I don't blame Kate for wanting one of her own that she can raise and train how she wants.

heffamom
Learner
Learner

Post by heffamom »

readerbeware00 wrote:
CIK27 wrote:So, on her Facebook, Kate is agreeing to marry Cory and have a baby for him if he gets her a puppy. :lol:
Dang, that's a pretty big bribery. Why don't she just go out and get herself a puppy? I totally would. The hell with men needing to be in control of everything all the time. If he has a problem with it than Kate can live on her own with her puppy. He's got two cuddly furry babies of his own, I don't blame Kate for wanting one of her own that she can raise and train how she wants.
I don't know. She's doing a poor job training the hairy hyperactive furry beast she's got right now. He still breaks her stuff, makes smelly messes, and jumps all over her licking her at inappropriate times.

I'm sorry-that was way too easy. :D

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Kate, since you're clearly reading this topic -

Posting pictures of yourself accentuating your sexuality is not what's going to make you look like the innocent girl you so desperately want us to think you are.

CIK27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CIK27 »

nothingwrong wrote:Kate, since you're clearly reading this topic -

Posting pictures of yourself accentuating your sexuality is not what's going to make you look like the innocent girl you so desperately want us to think you are.
I don't see the point in posting that on Twitter and Facebook other than to show off her tummy. She could have left the shirt down and the 'joke' still would have been made. (totally jealous though, btw...)

Return to “KatersOneSeven / DudeLikeHella”