Continue here...

princezuko
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ilikeweylie Part 2

Post by princezuko »

We finally made it to a part 2! :tu: So to start off the thread.. does anyone have an idea or guess what her collab with ELF will be? An eyeshadow palette? Lipsticks? A full line?

I noticed she started shilling ELF in her last makeup video but I'm actually surprised she hasn't done any collabs yet. A lot of YT'bers have done several by 1 million. I'm kind of glad it's with an affordable, non-prestigious brand though.

pinkpeony
Learner
Learner

Post by pinkpeony »

First, she pronounces Color-Icon wrong, now she says she doesn't know how to pronounce Costa Rica. :roll:

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

[video][/video]
I doubt she reads here but it sounds so forced when she talks about how amazing Wah is and that he's the best boyfriend ever. She also talked about how her only other real boyfriend had a side girl and clearly hurt her, and she probably didn't have a good idea of relationships because of her parents' apparently not-so-good marriage. I feel like Weylie pretends a lot. Not to be fake but to cope. Like that she's not bothered by jealousy, shitty behaviour from her partner etc. Especially since Weylie was kind of abused as a kid, it's that much more likely for her to put up with shitty people in the future too. But I guess she is expecting marriage to come soon so that should be interesting. Something seems really off about her in this video though. I could just be bullshitting here but she seemed like she was about to cry any second lol

Looks like we're not the only one who thinks this. :|

web177
Lurker
Lurker

Post by web177 »

^ I agree with you. I just feel like she has never been treated right that's why she thinks a piece of shit like Wah is the best thing ever. She's been abused by her mom ever since she was young, she had no one to go to for help and she had no one to rely to ever since then. until she met her cheating boyfriend, she became this girl that always talked about how no woman needs a man in their life, and shit like stfu we all know you're thirsty for a man. then comes Wah, which seems a little bit better than her cheating boyfriend and treated her better, and he was her jhs crush, of course she'll cling on to him and never let go.

upintheair
Informer
Informer

Post by upintheair »

I hate the way she says "girl". Like stop it with that accent Weylie, you sound dumb. Just like how you literally can't pronounce 85% of the thing you talk about. The fact that she doesn't know how to say Costa Rica is just fucking sad. How is she this dumb? I feel like she gets dumber the longer she stays with Wah.

But yeah she seemed off in this video. I kind of sounded as though she was on the verge of crying. She has that nasally voice anyway, but it was more prominent in this video.

The way she spoke about Wah was very off, it didn't sound genuine to me at all. And it's funny how she says to let go of relationships, but it seems like she can't let hers go. And Wah stemmed from a jhs/hs crush so she and Wah def do still live in the past. She talks about her exes a lot though, more so than necessary. And now all of a sudden she is saying she has anxiety? That is new. Not to sound messed up, but it seems like she doesn't want to put effort into doing a meet and greet. She wants someone else to do it and she just shows up.

I love how she said she went to school for marketing. Honey, it's not the same. Stop acting as if you had a legit college experience. She tries really hard to make it seem like she worked really hard for a degree. I can't believe she is still paying off her school debt. Maybe if she stops paying for Wah, she can get it done faster.

web177
Lurker
Lurker

Post by web177 »

I honestly don't think she has anxiety, I think she's just saying she has anxiety cus she's lazy af and doesn't want to set up a meet and greet or she's just copying her BFF Sophie cus i remember Sophie having a video of her talking about her anxiety attacks. And for the meet and greet, she always makes it seem like people are begging it from her, if i didn't remember wrong, she was the one who promised a meet and greet ever since she moved back to the bay area and she lives in SF now, where did the meet and greet at the bay area go? This girl never keeps her words and when people ask her about it, she throws a bitch fit. like when she and Wah first moved apart in LA, she promised to make a video of why they moved apart and her lazy ass never did it. And when people asked her for the video, she goes on twitter and says "I dont owe anyone an explanation and shit, it's my life". Honestly, you really don't owe people any explanation if you didn't make a public announcement that you'll give you us one, so think before you say anything that you can't do or wont do.

skycastles
Talker
Talker

Post by skycastles »

In the video, she says "Wah is the type of guy who will give up his dreams for my dreams"...ummm Wah has no dreams :rofl:

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Jeeze guys watching that video was so sad for me. This poor girl didn't want to get married her whole life because of her dysfunctional parents and then during middle and high school she's OBSESSED with guys. She was pining over Wah since middle school. She dates a guy who cheated on her. Now she's with Wah and wants to marry him! + She's never had many true friends she can rely on. Her friends now are Wah's friends' girlfriends and Sophie. And come on, we all know how long youtube friendships last. Weylie's had no decent female or male relationships. I think her sisters are the closest thing she's got to anyone to rely on. But technically, that's just her older sister since her younger sister is significantly younger and I have a very young sister too who I don't dump my baggage on to protect her - and I'm sure Weylie does the same.

She's already stuck in a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship with Wah and she doesn't even know it.

--

I agree with the above poster about her thinking she majored in Marketing. I mean, when she said it she didn't even believe it totally herself. I know a guy who majored in General Studies and when people ask his major he would say "I studied biology" because he took a couple of classes in biology. Gimme a break.

--

And the anxiety thing. It's not anxiety, you're just too fcking lazy. Seriously what a fcking idiot she is. She is right when she said she needs more education. She really, really does. SHe needs to go back to school. Maybe she'll become intelligent enough to realize what a POS Wah is and dump him finally.

graylights
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by graylights »

I think moving out was a step in the right direction. Granted they're still together 24/7 and sleeping over all the time but it's a teeny tiny baby step into realizing that she does need space apart. If she's thinking about breaking up at all, I understand how it can be really terrifying considering the bulk of her career is built around her relationship with him with the vlog channel and all but Weylie, if you're reading this, tons of bigger YouTubers have gone through break ups and have gotten out of it just fine (like that Smosh guy and Kalel, they broke off an engagement for crying out loud, but the guy is in a so much healthier relationship now) so don't be afraid to pull the trigger.

IF your relationship is as strong and trusting as you can claim, then I do think it can stand maybe a year or two for you to be single and learn about yourself and even build and improve who YOU yourself are as a person without him. If you still love him after that time, then by all means go marry his broke unambitious ass and keep him in your wallet forever.

Though if they did ever take a break, something makes me feel like Wah would move on in a week and find a new girl fast, which probably terrifies Weylie and prevents her from initiating one in the first place.

torterra
Lurker
Lurker

Post by torterra »

i feel that the only reason weylie is still with wah is because he's the only 'good' thing that happened to her. with her abusive mom, no friends and cheating ex, i guess i would understand why?? she really needs to make some friends that aren't from wah. did she not have any friends in fidm? even if it wasn't a real college experience she should have met at least someone?? or cheerleading from high school??

skycastles
Talker
Talker

Post by skycastles »

[youtube] [/youtube]

You can see around 9:16 that Weylie paid for the bill, not Wah, because the check was on her side. Second time in a recent vlog that we've seen her pay SMH

torterra
Lurker
Lurker

Post by torterra »

i hate the 7 seconds of "click here to subscribe" thing at the beginning. just seems so annoying to me

jimi
Informer
Informer

Post by jimi »

YouTube really does rake in a lot of money. Maybe Weylie doesn't mind paying since she is clearly the breadwinner. While I think it should be more equal, we all know Wah doesn't make enough to support the kind of lifestyle they want to live. He probably does get 100% of the revenue from the vlog channel. They probably see it as your money is my money and since it's a joint channel, it wouldn't make much a difference who is spending it.

I agree with the comments about Wah being the "best" thing Weylie has had in her life. She will probably continue this relationship and just tell herself to be happy with what she has. I don't see her having the balls to break up with him. As much as Weylie wants to portray herself as and independent woman, she is highly dependant on her man beyond just missing each other with some distance. They have such a hard time being apart for even ONE night. She's just gotten so complacent with her life and relationship that she thinks it's ok to continue things as they are. Unfortunately neither of them are very ambitious. Big talk about dreams and a future but never do anything to pursue it. Weren't they volunteering at a rabbit shelter a while ago? That lasted all of like two weeks. Who knows if they even went at all. I don't see them as being able to help each other grow as individuals. Sure they might be happy and "in love", but if you're not with someone who is challenging you to be a better you, friend or partner, then wth is that.

fourtris
Learner
Learner

Post by fourtris »

In the latest vlog wah makes sure to show him taking out cash from the ATM lol. That's probably all of the money in his account haha! In response to us saying he's a loser with no job or money?

I hate how he continues to scare Weylie and make fun of her. Any normal person would be freaked out if someone shouted "look out a rat!" His laugh when Weylie freaked out was so annoying and childish.

sp3ak
Learner
Learner

Post by sp3ak »

How'd he buy his BMW? Weylie gave him a loan?lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

muffin_bits
Lurker
Lurker

Post by muffin_bits »

Their most recent vlog gave off strange vibes.. Like the entire car ride felt very awkward as though they both didn't want to be there. They look less and less like a couple and more like just friends lol

And in her Q&A video, she talks about being in debt and that's the reason why she didn't continue to pursue her Bachelors. Has she not heard of financial aid? She always talks about how she grew up/ comes from a low-income family, I'm sure she could have gotten some kind of funding to go to school. Money should never be an excuse to not pursue your education.. Think about all the other people out there getting masters and doctorate degrees.. Their debt will be way more than what her's will ever be.
AND! She should not be preaching that a Bachelors is not necessary.. IT IS! Especially nowadays, when more and more people are going to college..

I hate when people self-diagnose themselves and say that they have "depression", "anxiety", or other disorders. If you did not go see a professional and did not get clinically diagnosed, DON'T assume that you have it because you are technically lying...

Sidenote: In her recent videos and vlogs, homegirl looks like she gained some weight.. :o

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

Why does every YouTuber claim to have anxiety !?!?? Wtf !!! . If you really dig deep and think about it - anxiety is essentially a made up problem , another term to sell more useless pills

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

Whoah I got really deep there :rofl: I'm freaking myself out rn . I need sleep

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

lotus wrote:Why does every YouTuber claim to have anxiety !?!?? Wtf !!! . If you really dig deep and think about it - anxiety is essentially a made up problem , another term to sell more useless pills
Well I do realize that anxiety is becoming more of a thing - with probably little to no diagnosis on YouTube - I do not think it is a made up problem. Especially as someone who suffers from GAD.

Sorry if I am coming across bitchy on this, I just don't think we should generalize mental disorders like that. <3

Return to “ilikeweylie”