Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

MissParadox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by MissParadox »

CrystallineKitty wrote:She seemed genuine to me about not wanting people to be ripped off. Like I am sure she doesn't want to see her fans ripped off of one HER products. Plus, no random dickhead should be allowed to be making massive profit off her expense. That isn't fair either. Well, she doesn't exactly LOSE a lot of money when people do that but I think she is genuinely concerned for her young fans spending $100 plus money over her merch. She seems like she is very concerned what her younger fans think of her. Like the way she acts and does her video, she seems invested in her much younger audience. That is probably where the money is but she seems to enjoy it as well. I think there was a lot of confusion and she wanted to clear it out. It is good for her to be responsible for them here and there even if it isn't all the time. More than some other YouTubers.
I think it was all for the "spend your money on me not them" and no offence but when I was 15 I knew the difference, she needs to stop pandering to them. Her eyes are dead in half of the videos she puts out there now. I feel even though she may enjoy filming some of them, there's the this larger part of her you can see that she's hiding. I wouldn't spend any money on something that isn't her, that she put out there for profit. This isn't anything other than cash signs to her, so complaining about other people selling her pallete for ridiculous amounts of money (granted) is one thing but all I head was "Buy mine! Meeee! I get profit on my, how dare someone sell it without my authority, it's miiineee." To be fair her and Trasha Potaytas aren't that far off from each other, both delusional, both clutching at straws for ideas, both are absolutely no way beauty gurus, both are selfish, both only care for the green... the only difference is rachel is currently more low key. Both in my eyes are sellouts and hilarious to watch for being someone they're not. Pathetic really.

ImageImage
Also, girl was your tops, enough is enough... genuinely homeless people probably smell and dress better than you. No doubt they're laughing at you too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

CrystallineKitty wrote:She seemed genuine to me about not wanting people to be ripped off. Like I am sure she doesn't want to see her fans ripped off of one HER products. Plus, no random dickhead should be allowed to be making massive profit off her expense. That isn't fair either. Well, she doesn't exactly LOSE a lot of money when people do that but I think she is genuinely concerned for her young fans spending $100 plus money over her merch. She seems like she is very concerned what her younger fans think of her. Like the way she acts and does her video, she seems invested in her much younger audience. That is probably where the money is but she seems to enjoy it as well. I think there was a lot of confusion and she wanted to clear it out. It is good for her to be responsible for them here and there even if it isn't all the time. More than some other YouTubers.
$50 is still a lot to expect from kids and teens to pay. and she doesnt mind her fans sending her mail that she never intends to open on camera. her fans sends her some expensive stuff.

bettycrocker
Learner
Learner

Post by bettycrocker »

meh_heh wrote:What fresh hell is this?
What is this makeup? Blush all the way up around her temples. The horrid Orange something used as, I'm guessing, contour. Not even blended. Looks like a hot mess.
This is the girl that gets a major makeup brand to create an eyeshadow palette with her name on it?
This is a beauty guru that makes 6 figures a year? This is the person influencing our future generation?
Why. How. Why??
Yeah that's the first thing I noticed in that video lmao. She's very heavy handed.... watching her apply makeup is like watching a 5 year old apply makeup. She just kind of smears it all over. I wonder if she used her hideous palette for the blush/highlight/contour

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner

Post by SugarSnap »

I have to be honest and say that Bunny kinda reminds me of these puppets called The Riddlers which were on British tv years ago. This is one of them

And I don't mean to be nasty about it but that's just what she reminds me of!

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Oh I don't think it's fair that people buy shit and resell it to make a profit like that either, but then again when people want something bad enough, they know what they're spending and end up buying it anyway. Take Mac collections for example - whenever there's one that's super hyped, there's always those assholes that buy it all up and then you see it on eBay for triple the price. My point was that she seems to think it's all going to come to a stop on her palette because she's Bunny and she made a video about it, so no one will resell it anymore because she said so :rofl:

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

MissParadox wrote:
LiddlePallid wrote:Oh I don't think it's fair that people buy shit and resell it to make a profit like that either, but then again when people want something bad enough, they know what they're spending and end up buying it anyway. Take Mac collections for example - whenever there's one that's super hyped, there's always those assholes that buy it all up and then you see it on eBay for triple the price. My point was that she seems to think it's all going to come to a stop on her palette because she's Bunny and she made a video about it, so no one will resell it anymore because she said so :rofl:
I understand your point, don't get me wrong. She's still - at best - skeeve-inducing and shady as feck. In fact, I think she crossed the line of decency when she started pandering to a tween audience; these are impressionable kids and despite what people think she's actually sending a ... I can't think of the word. I've already used "shady" so I can't use that.

<brain fart occurring. Please stay on the line>

Okay. It's almost like we're watching a very clever (note I did not say "intelligent" - I said "clever" for a reason) queen bee sending a message to her drones that seems very positive on the surface but is quietly malevolent underneath the fluff.

(Dirty fluff, naturally. Probably Dogman's dirty belly-button fluff)

(Oh God I think I need to vomit)

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

CrystallineKitty wrote:
Hopefully parents aren't allowing their young kids buying high end eyeshadow as I don't know what young kids and young teenagers under the age of 17 should be wearing full face make-up like eyeshadow especially expensive make-up.
if you watch her old mail videos you will see her get expensive items with packaging that looks like a young girl did it. you never know if kids save up their allowance to send her stuff. she did get lots of stuffed toys and drawings. but most of the stuff looked expensive.

also, many teens and even kids wear expensive make up. they use their allowance or get a part time.

even i would save up when i was a teen to buy make up.

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

CrystallineKitty wrote:
Hopefully parents aren't allowing their young kids buying high end eyeshadow as I don't know what young kids and young teenagers under the age of 17 should be wearing full face make-up like eyeshadow especially expensive make-up.
if you watch her old mail videos you will see her get expensive items with packaging that looks like a young girl did it. you never know if kids save up their allowance to send her stuff. she did get lots of stuffed toys and drawings. but most of the stuff looked expensive.

also, many teens and even kids wear expensive make up. they use their allowance or get a part time.

thelushprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by thelushprincess »

I do enjoy Bunny and her videos, although I get a creepy feeling from the mail videos. A 5 year old watches her videos? And tons of toys and gifts that (judging from the packaging) kids have bought and sent her? What does she do with them, & who are these kids with money to spend on sending presents to someone they don't know? So many questions!

I don't currently know any kids so maybe these things now aren't as weird as I think? I felt lucky enough to get my £2.50 to spend on Pokemon cards every week when I was 10-11ish - more than what some of my friends got!

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

49 mins for her own product video. but 24 mins for a mail video for her fans. :tu: :roll:

why do fans keep sending her stuffed toys?

meh_heh
Learner
Learner

Post by meh_heh »

So, I'm guessing bunches house has at least three bedrooms.
Their bedroom, her "filming" room, and her swamp mail, etc. room. Which looks like this:
And I'm sure her filming room has a corner that looks like that too.
And when she films in the bathroom is when the filming room gets too piled up that she can't hide it. Then dog poo goes and throws all that in the mail room for her and next video she's back in her regular spot.

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

justausername wrote:
CrystallineKitty wrote:

Pre-teen is not the same as teen.

Not that it matters to me; if you were my kid you wouldn't be buying high-end makeup until you could afford to pay your part of your living expenses. 8-) :tu:

Learner
Learner

Post by 42315 »

Someone please send her a boxcutter... Also, I forgot about her obsession with Johnny Depp. I wonder what she thinks about the recent drama with his divorce.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

meh_heh wrote:So, I'm guessing bunches house has at least three bedrooms.
Their bedroom, her "filming" room, and her swamp mail, etc. room. Which looks like this:
And I'm sure her filming room has a corner that looks like that too.
And when she films in the bathroom is when the filming room gets too piled up that she can't hide it. Then dog poo goes and throws all that in the mail room for her and next video she's back in her regular spot.
This gives me anxiety just looking at it. I can't stand messes and clutter lmao. Yet Bunny seems to love to live among all this garbage :rofl:

My Begs R Knockoffs
Debater
Debater

Post by My Begs R Knockoffs »

Does anyone know the scope of the Tarte deal? Just doing easy math, if Tarte can get to just 3% of her subscriber base, that's almost 9.5 million dollars. If they could sell 30,000 more units in stores, that's close to 1.5 million. (There are about a total of 1,177 Ulta and Sephora stores in the US alone) If Bunny has 10% of the deal (and she should have that at minimum, since she's the product and the advertiser) she would make a million on this deal. Holy shit. I would imagine Tarte will continue churning the "limited" edition palettes out as long as there is demand for it, and it sounds like there will be.

mswill
Talker
Talker

Post by mswill »

I use to love back when she did not act really crazy. I watched part of her palette video all i could so is shake my head. Her fan base is mostly kids if i was a parent i would not buy my child that expensive

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

I'm surprised she didn't take her "super special, limited edition" Haunted Mansion bag to Disney with her as she wouldn't stfu about it after she got it last year. >.>

Then again, that furry leopard bag was probably sent to her from Dollskill anyway :roll:

I don't understand how these kids' parents don't have any problem/objection to their kids using their allowances to send stuff to a 30 year old woman on YouTube. Especially one who insists on looking unkempt and opening packages with a fucking kitchen knife...

stars&rockets08
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by stars&rockets08 »

I CAN'T WITH SWAMP FAMILY MAIL! TBH, I like watch them as a ridiculous guilty pleasure... It continues to be beyond me why she still accepts all this! THANK YEW SO MUCH! So fake. I always wonder if deep down she hates that her fan base has developed, into her becoming a glorified kids show. She must. She can't be her "weirdo" 30 year-old true self, with the kiddos watching. Sad, I miss that so much. I'm surprised that she doesn't go by Bunny Myer, instead of Grav3yardgirl, on all her stuff. Now that her fan base is 10 year-olds. Doesn't really fit a kids entertainer. It's not like she does paranormal stuff, and pseudo-gothy OOTDs, and such anymore. Oh, and her camera over-heated, shocker! OMG, if you don't want to open all of the kiddo's junk, close your box to parcels. Or OFC, close it all together. It's not like she's gonna write back. Why have a PO Box, and do unboxing videos, if all isn't gonna be shown. Surely, she only does mail videos, so fans can see their stuff in videos. So do the more often! What's the point, if you're not showing it all. She obviously doesn't care. Look at all those boxes, she gets, with "open me on camera" written on them, that she just ignores! Once, and awhile, she'll get something she genuinely likes. It's usually something cool like a old creepy antique. That's stuff worth seeing. Like the package with the creepy puppets. She didn't open the envelopes. That bugs me so much. They were probably antique photos, or post cards. But, OFC, I think she shouldn't accept gifts from her viewers. She should really do a series traveling around to antique stores. Then haul the cool stuff she finds. You could get three videos out of it, travel vlog, shopping video, and a haul.

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

Mayhemisphere wrote:
justausername wrote:
CrystallineKitty wrote:

Not that it matters to me; if you were my kid you wouldn't be buying high-end makeup until you could afford to pay your part of your living expenses. 8-) :tu:
i said kid and teens... what is your point about preteens??? bunny has young kids, preteens, and teens. i consider preteens and teens the same as kids. i dont classify them as any different, or obsess about labels.

also, you're the type of person that thinks you're a better parent than others no matter what? who cares if other parents allow their kids to buy makeup?

where in my message did i say i would buy expensive makeup? my parents werent rich but i was rewarded for good grades.
"even i would save up when i was a teen to buy make up."

even if i did have expensive things as a kid, i dont see how that would someone indicate a lack of parenting. i find it sad you think buying your kid something expensive would somehow corrupt them.

my niece has been buying makeup since she was 15. were not rich but we help her buy the best brands we can. Shes 18 years old and an awesome kid. shes looking for work while going to college. shes not a partier, and has a serious boyfriend.

i really cant stand when people act holier than thou, and like they are better parents than someone else.

justausername
Informer
Informer

Post by justausername »

Mayhemisphere wrote:
justausername wrote:
CrystallineKitty wrote:

Mayhemisphere wrote:
justausername wrote:
CrystallineKitty wrote:

i said kid and teens... what is your point about preteens???
also, youre the type of person that thinks your a better parent? who cares if other parents allow their kids to buy makeup?
where in my message did i say i would buy expensive makeup? my parents werent rich but i was rewarded for good grades.
"even i would save up when i was a teen to buy make up."

even if i did have expensive things as a kid, i dont see how that would someone indicate a lack of parenting. i find it sad you think buying your kid something expensive would somehow corrupt them.

my niece has been buying makeup since she was 15. were not rich but we help her buy the best brands we can. Shes 18 years old and an awesome kid. shes looking for work while going to college. shes not a partier, and has a serious boyfriend.

i really cant stand when people act holier than thou, and like they are better parents than someone else.

Return to “grav3yardgirl”