Devon the coattail rider.

Re: Devon the coattail rider.

Post by Guest »

I think she was tweeting about that vidoe as they were talking about views. If she really wants YouTube fame she's going to have to handle negative comments. Not everyone is going to like you and if they don't, they have their reasons. Devon keeps proving time and time again she just uses Louise's fame and poor Darcy to gain followers.

Also saw in the comments on her video about her old childhood books that they should do family Vlogs on Matts channel and beauty on hers. Urgh wish they would stop calling themselves a family, it's so desperate! Poor Darcy having to spend half her time with that! I bet she's terrified of her when she's got her clown make up on!

videostar
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by videostar »

She recognised this site from a screenshot someone else posted too, the screenshot has no mention of the site's name in it, it's very innocuous but she's aware of it either way. I suspect she reads here, or maybe she's participated in discussion in the past. She also said she wouldn't dream of searching for herself here - which I thought was funny, given if she wasn't riding the coattails of other's success, she wouldn't be mentioned here on her own merit at all.

meowelseh
Informer
Informer

Post by meowelseh »

videostar wrote:She recognised this site from a screenshot someone else posted too, the screenshot has no mention of the site's name in it, it's very innocuous but she's aware of it either way. I suspect she reads here, or maybe she's participated in discussion in the past. She also said she wouldn't dream of searching for herself here - which I thought was funny, given if she wasn't riding the coattails of other's success, she wouldn't be mentioned here on her own merit at all.
Yeah she also called it "guru gossipER" n I've never seen anyone call it that, it's only like that in the website URL which suggests she's visited before. I'm 100% sure she reads here though, or has done until recently. I remember it seemed like she was posting at some point as well but can't remember what happened.

Cozycoupe
Talker
Talker

Post by Cozycoupe »

I'm quite sure Matt only keeps her around as a free and convenient babysitter, and she goes along with it because she enjoys playing the role of the cool, fun stepmom (in her head, that is). I find the whole dynamic very strange and unhealthy. I actually cannot believe she warned people off leaving poor reviews of her book if they didn't like it. Who on earth does she think she is?

Hoella206969
Talker
Talker

Post by Hoella206969 »

Yeah, I remember there was an account with a very vague name and no picture, which was created on the same day that she posted her first picture on insta saying about haters online (or something like that, might have been the same day she uploaded her first video) and the only posts that the account had were ones on louises thread telling everyone to stop being nice to louise, and then posts on this thread sticking up for devon. The account got called out on here and accused of being Devon, and then the account was never heard of again. Lol.

Splath81
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Splath81 »

Why is she asking people to give her their address? She should not be giving out her address either! Doesn't think about the safety of Darcy? There are a lot of creeps out there.

Splath81
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Splath81 »

YouTube comment that she deleted...

Marieee164 1 hour ago
DO NOT give anyone your address. Instead think about getting a PO Box. Much more safe.?
Devon Louise
Devon Louise1 hour ago
+Marieee164 PO boxes are for important people
Marieee164
Marieee164 53 minutes ago
Ok... It's better to be safe. You don't personally know these people & to be giving them your address wouldn't be smart.You should think about Darcy and her safety as well since most people who follow/know of you is because of her.

Post by Guest »

Oh my god is she for real? People know that Darcy lives with her half the time! This is so dangerous and a stupid idea! I hope Matt or Louise pull her on it for Darcys safety. Just proves how much of a idiot she is! She cares more about getting views on a stupid project than a child's safety!

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

"PO boxes are for important people" :rofl:
Anyone can open one, she could even set up a mail forwarder so the post goes to the post office and is then forwarded to her house.

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

I've just watched the video this relates to, I get what she's trying to do, but it's so unsafe!

I see how a PO box might not work in this instance because the idea is it's not her receiving the mail (unless there's an odd number) - she wants people to e-mail their addresses then she'll match people up with someone else and they'll write to that person, but there has to be a better way to do this. She should take a step back, think the idea through again, and come back to it later.

disney+cake
Learner
Learner

Post by disney+cake »

Anyone can open a PO box my dad has one for work I can't understand why she would risk her own safety and Darcy's

swirlsandpearls
Talker
Talker

Post by swirlsandpearls »

So she said they wouldnt do a house tour because they wanted to keep their home private but she's ready to give out their address at the drop of a hat?? There is a complete disconnect between what they say and what they do

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
Tassel, tassel, tassel. No tassel.

Post by Guest »

Matts vidoe about trolls :rofl: They really love playing the victim don't they. Him moaning about Devon being bullied when Devon has not been nice herself with the photos of Darcy, the endless hashtags and trying to shove Louise out the picture and make herself a mum!

So glad someone has commented on it pulling him on this (will no doubt be deleted) saying that Devon told everyone Louise was seeing someone before she got the chance. She's not as innocent little thing as she try's to make out.

That letter writing vidoe...such a hypocrite! We want privacy...I want to write to strangers and send out my address...

And is she on some kind of drug or something in that video? What the hell is she on?

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I think that Devon's trying to create controversy surrounding her with sending out her address, since she's not exactly popular as she wishes and want's people to give her the attention that she so craves. In the past some bigger YouTuber's addresses' was exposed online or leaked somehow and this in turn led to many people speculating about their house.

Devon being very manipulative and crafty, probably thought this will be a way for her to get more traffic on her channel and social media accounts. However, she's very reckless and is putting her whole household at risk. Common sense is definitely not one of her fortes. She might as well just pack up YouTube and stop trying to make the impossible happen.

Devon is not all there and she acts very immature with no responsibilities.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

This is exactly why you should never use somebody to further your career because, it will only backfire and not work in your favour.

Sorry for the double post.

Bantersaurus
Talker
Talker

Post by Bantersaurus »

Splath81 wrote:YouTube comment that she deleted...

Marieee164 1 hour ago
DO NOT give anyone your address. Instead think about getting a PO Box. Much more safe.?
Devon Louise
Devon Louise1 hour ago
+Marieee164 PO boxes are for important people
Marieee164
Marieee164 53 minutes ago
Ok... It's better to be safe. You don't personally know these people & to be giving them your address wouldn't be smart.You should think about Darcy and her safety as well since most people who follow/know of you is because of her.
Why would she delete this? It makes me wonder what else she is deleting. That isn't even a 'hater', it's a constructive comment. Devon is so sad. She isn't entertaining, she doesn't have a talent (or at least not one that she's making use of), she doesn't seem to enjoy making the videos and they all turn out so awkward and dull.

allIwantedwascake
Talker
Talker

Post by allIwantedwascake »

She is stupid, but worse than that: she is selfish. She only cares about her, her """fame""", and her ideas. And anyone who doesn't agree with her is a hater and must be deleted from her social media. If it were only her I wouldn't give a shit about the consequences, but there is a child, daughter of a famous person involved.

Enviado desde mi SM-J710MN mediante Tapatalk
English is my second language, sorry if I have mistakes <3

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

She even asks "is that a good idea or a terrible plan?" and then gets upset when people give their opinions! Like ok, don't ask then! I really hope someone like Louise calls her out on this, because it has the potential to be dangerous.

Princess Consuela
Learner
Learner

Post by Princess Consuela »

I am almost certain that both Matt and Devon have stopped showing Darcy in the photos for good. I reckon that's some good news

sloth
Learner
Learner

Post by sloth »

...meanwhile i'm still reeling over her make up tutorial.

Return to “Devon Louise”