ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

Post by daddyoh »

girl come off it. 80 hours a week... anna doesnt proofread her posts. she doesn't even wear sodding eyeliner in her videos. 5 minutes per week, more like.

DollyMixture
Talker
Talker

Post by DollyMixture »

Done properly being a Youtuber can be a demanding job I'm sure but how many bloggers really put the work in and create new content?
I don't think Anna is the laziest blogger but she's not breaking her back to do new things on her channel either. Didn't she get comments for doing like 4 capsule wardrobe videos in as many weeks?
Compared to people like Lizzy Hadfield and Megan Ellaby there's no real styling (or make up/hair) on her channel anymore, she's not busy with any product of her own like Tanya Burr either but she outstrips Suzie from Hello October just sticking her entire wishlist into a basket and doing 6 ASOS hauls a month. It depends on the blogger so much how much work actually gets done.

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

DollyMixture wrote:Done properly being a Youtuber can be a demanding job I'm sure but how many bloggers really put the work in and create new content?
I don't think Anna is the laziest blogger but she's not breaking her back to do new things on her channel either. Didn't she get comments for doing like 4 capsule wardrobe videos in as many weeks?
Compared to people like Lizzy Hadfield and Megan Ellaby there's no real styling (or make up/hair) on her channel anymore, she's not busy with any product of her own like Tanya Burr either but she outstrips Suzie from Hello October just sticking her entire wishlist into a basket and doing 6 ASOS hauls a month. It depends on the blogger so much how much work actually gets done.
You would be surprised how much time and effort going into being an Influencer. I know, I've done it since 2008 (different industry) and I don't think I've worked less than 50hrs a week since and I don't even do YouTube. It is super easy to criticize and while I find most Beautytubers to be cringe worthy I would t discount the effort they put into doing so. Creating content especially across so many channels is HARD. I think what a lot of people become frustrated with is that fact that talent has little to do with success and often the most successful were either 1st or have means and it comes off showy/boastful or they're tacky opportunists. In my Industry there are few of my peers that aren't married to $$$, the most popular were early to it (2007 or sooner) and have no actual talent or POV and most have a team of content creators "contributors" and they pay a PR firm to do their social media.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:You would be surprised how much time and effort going into being an Influencer.
Sorry, but calling yourself an "influencer" is so pompous.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

The funny thing about this is that countless beauty gurus literally vlog their entire days lol so we can plainly see that they're just barely putting in a full work week. It's not really a debate when they put it out there. There are great gurus who still get up, make a leisurely breakfast, go to the gym, come home and shower, sit at the desk and put in a few hours, go to a 'lunch meeting', work again in the afternoon, and then spend their evening answering some emails and hanging out with their boyfriends. Did they technically put in a 'day of work'? Yes. But it can't be compared to the average worker in any way.

The other thing is, what counts as 'work'? Spending a couple hours eating food at a nice restaurant with one of the 20-something Gleam assistants, or with a colleague to talk about an ~exciting project~, is barely a "work meeting". You could sit and talk about blush for 20 minutes, or just film yourself cleaning your room, and you're technically "creating content". But simply being able to say you 'created content' shouldn't indicate that it automatically required a specific amount of effort or output. 'I spent the day creating content' means you worked the whole day, sure, but that same 'work' could be what one person calls a casual conversation with a friend.

I think the job is what you make of it, and when you are "creating content" every week then that means actual time has been put in. Conceiving and planning video ideas, filming, and editing. Managing your 'brand' if you're big enough, communicating, and working on your blog and on SM platforms. The problem though, comes with ascribing any minute that isn't just 'leisure time' as a work hour. There has to be acknowledgement that just tweeting about food you ate or a great haircut you had, or what you think of the weather today-- is an idle activity that you just happen to be paid for. To chalk it up under 'work hours' is dishonest.

thischick
Learner
Learner

Post by thischick »

You sound so bitter. Who actually vlogs their entire day? A 10 minute edited video is nowhere near an entire day.

Also there's a ton that goes on in the backend that people don't get. If it was easy everyone would do it.

"Average workers" get paid to fuck around at their desks for hours. They waste so much time because most people aren't productive 8 hours a day every day.

Oh and work is anything you get paid to do. Image
Lamour88 wrote:The funny thing about this is that countless beauty gurus literally vlog their entire days lol so we can plainly see that they're just barely putting in a full work week. It's not really a debate when they put it out there. There are great gurus who still get up, make a leisurely breakfast, go to the gym, come home and shower, sit at the desk and put in a few hours, go to a 'lunch meeting', work again in the afternoon, and then spend their evening answering some emails and hanging out with their boyfriends. Did they technically put in a 'day of work'? Yes. But it can't be compared to the average worker in any way.

The other thing is, what counts as 'work'? Spending a couple hours eating food at a nice restaurant with one of the 20-something Gleam assistants, or with a colleague to talk about an ~exciting project~, is barely a "work meeting". You could sit and talk about blush for 20 minutes, or just film yourself cleaning your room, and you're technically "creating content". But simply being able to say you 'created content' shouldn't indicate that it automatically required a specific amount of effort or output. 'I spent the day creating content' means you worked the whole day, sure, but that same 'work' could be what one person calls a casual conversation with a friend.

I think the job is what you make of it, and when you are "creating content" every week then that means actual time has been put in. Conceiving and planning video ideas, filming, and editing. Managing your 'brand' if you're big enough, communicating, and working on your blog and on SM platforms. The problem though, comes with ascribing any minute that isn't just 'leisure time' as a work hour. There has to be acknowledgement that just tweeting about food you ate or a great haircut you had, or what you think of the weather today-- is an idle activity that you just happen to be paid for. To chalk it up under 'work hours' is dishonest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

thischick wrote:You sound so bitter. Who actually vlogs their entire day? A 10 minute edited video is nowhere near an entire day.

Also there's a ton that goes on in the backend that people don't get. If it was easy everyone would do it.

"Average workers" get paid to fuck around at their desks for hours. They waste so much time because most people aren't productive 8 hours a day every day.

Oh and work is anything you get paid to do.
Lamour88 wrote:The funny thing about this is that countless beauty gurus literally vlog their entire days lol so we can plainly see that they're just barely putting in a full work week. It's not really a debate when they put it out there. There are great gurus who still get up, make a leisurely breakfast, go to the gym, come home and shower, sit at the desk and put in a few hours, go to a 'lunch meeting', work again in the afternoon, and then spend their evening answering some emails and hanging out with their boyfriends. Did they technically put in a 'day of work'? Yes. But it can't be compared to the average worker in any way.

I sound bitter? Sweetie, you're the washed up 'influencer' from 2008 (lmfao) trolling GuruGossiper trying to justify your lack of actual career.

Big_love90
Learner
Learner

Post by Big_love90 »

I'm just new to this guru gossiper, I have been a snooper for a wee while now but finally made an account and can I just let use know I love the name of this thread :rofl:

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

thischick wrote:You sound so bitter. Who actually vlogs their entire day? A 10 minute edited video is nowhere near an entire day.

I agree with Lamour88, the few serious YTers out there who actually spend tremor day editing, filming and going to lunch meetings do have an actual job, they do work but you can't compare that to people who have an actual 9 to 5 job. I mean crating content nay be their job but it also is a sort of "leisure". I am a pharmacy student who also works in a pharmacy once a week. I work for 9 to 7:30 pm running around and I can tell you that it is much more tiring that what these YT people do all day. And I'm not even going to start talking about hospital staff, who can sometimes work 20+ hours shifts... Influencers may have more work to do than lazy youtubers but it is still less than people holding regular jobs sorry.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

thischick
Learner
Learner

Post by thischick »

ChloeVFA wrote:

I agree with Lamour88, the few serious YTers out there who actually spend tremor day editing, filming and going to lunch meetings do have an actual job, they do work but you can't compare that to people who have an actual 9 to 5 job. I mean crating content nay be their job but it also is a sort of "leisure". I am a pharmacy student who also works in a pharmacy once a week. I work for 9 to 7:30 pm running around and I can tell you that it is much more tiring that what these YT people do all day. And I'm not even going to start talking about hospital staff, who can sometimes work 20+ hours shifts... Influencers may have more work to do than lazy youtubers but it is still less than people holding regular jobs sorry.

Very true but you choose that life. You decided that you wanted a job that would require that for whatever reasons and other people decided they want to actually enjoy more of their days.

There's nothing wrong with either one. Where would we be with out pharmacy techs? Life would suck but life would also suck without entertainment.

I've always felt that entertainers from famous people to bands that play at the park on the weekend are really important because they add nice stuff to most peoples boring existence. It's a lot of work to stay relevant.

I always give kudos to people in under appreciated fields doing their thing because I could never work like that without going insane.

This whole comparing them to people with a 9-5 is weird. Most people with 9-5s HATE their jobs and would trade places with youtubers or other entertainers in a minute but they don't have what it takes.

Most youtubers do a LOT outside of YouTube that they get paid for but y'all don't see it. Creating content opens you up for so many more jobs and opportunities so yes most of them work as much or more than 9-5 people. They don't just get a check handed to them every 2 weeks. It's basically 10 jobs into one.

A lot of people on this board either want to be them, are jealous of them, and/or tried to be them and failed.

That's the only reason I can see for why you'd continuously watch someone you hate every day and then log into a forum to discuss it. Some people are on here daily (I come for research or when pooping/waiting for a long time somewhere)

If these people had fulfilling lives they wouldn't hate watch many youtubers and bloggers only to come talk crap. There's nothing positive in that and it's time consuming.

Ask yourself how many successful people sit around doing that every day? Not many (if any) because they don't have the time. It's actually sad.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

Wtf is happening in this thread though :roll:
I think it's time for a new one anyway if anyone wants to do the honours :D

rockqueenhoneyx
Informer
Informer

Post by rockqueenhoneyx »

thischick wrote:
ChloeVFA wrote:

Very true but you choose that life. You decided that you wanted a job that would require that for whatever reasons and other people decided they want to actually enjoy more of their days.

There's nothing wrong with either one. Where would we be with out pharmacy techs? Life would suck but life would also suck without entertainment.

I've always felt that entertainers from famous people to bands that play at the park on the weekend are really important because they add nice stuff to most peoples boring existence. It's a lot of work to stay relevant.

I always give kudos to people in under appreciated fields doing their thing because I could never work like that without going insane.

This whole comparing them to people with a 9-5 is weird. Most people with 9-5s HATE their jobs and would trade places with youtubers or other entertainers in a minute but they don't have what it takes.

Most youtubers do a LOT outside of YouTube that they get paid for but y'all don't see it. Creating content opens you up for so many more jobs and opportunities so yes most of them work as much or more than 9-5 people. They don't just get a check handed to them every 2 weeks. It's basically 10 jobs into one.

A lot of people on this board either want to be them, are jealous of them, and/or tried to be them and failed.

That's the only reason I can see for why you'd continuously watch someone you hate every day and then log into a forum to discuss it. Some people are on here daily (I come for research or when pooping/waiting for a long time somewhere)

If these people had fulfilling lives they wouldn't hate watch many youtubers and bloggers only to come talk crap. There's nothing positive in that and it's time consuming.

Ask yourself how many successful people sit around doing that every day? Not many (if any) because they don't have the time. It's actually sad.

...Says the self-proclaimed 'Influencer' spending time out of their extremely busy working schedule visiting and participating in gossip forums... You're saying you can't be successful sitting around talking negatively about people yet that's exactly what you are doing yourself. Gossip is a form of entertainment as well, you know. A shame you can't get paid for it like you can filming yourself folding laundry for a vlog... Entertainment is subjective, just like opinions. People come here for a reason; you actively being degrading and pompous about it isn't achieving anything except wasting your time as it won't change anything.

bricolage
Learner
Learner

Post by bricolage »

bitchesbelike wrote:Wtf is happening in this thread though :roll:
I think it's time for a new one anyway if anyone wants to do the honours :D
If we're after a new thread name I vote for "The Granny Edit" that someone suggested a few pages back...

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

ummm. people with office jobs sure as shit don't get paid to fuck around all day. are you serious? no, no one is productive every second of their working day - but to compare it to faffing around doing your laundry, putting a face mask on and writing a 300 word blogpost is laughable.

'how to style a blazer' woo. groundbreaking. somebody hire her for the atlantic.

i used to work in marketing with "infuencers" like you. ghostwriting their content took at MOST an hour - including flat lays and affiliate links and everything like that. if you were so busyyyyyyy with your fancy blogger guru life or whatever, you wouldn't still be here. you don't have to try to prove anything to us.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

^^ also, A LOT of people with 9-5 jobs love their jobs, me included, and I work the full 8 hours, I don't fuck around at my desk, otherwise I'll get fired. I hate that notion by influencers that they're doing better than anyone who works 9-5 because those people hate their jobs??? Not saying blogging is easy, but I'd also love to see one of those bloggers working a tech job, customer service/retail, office jobs, or in a medical profession. There's no need to shit on people's livelihoods to validate yours. You do you, I'll do me.

DollyMixture
Talker
Talker

Post by DollyMixture »

I don't mean to discount the work some do put in but how many of these bloggers are actually creating *new and original* content? Not many.

Now Youtube is a money making machine with agents, managers and assistants so many of these bloggers are on complete auto pilot. Their managers tell them what gets the most engagement and they're perfectly willing to do the same things on rote- haul, favourites, vlog, outfit post, rinse and repeat. Most content is woefully repetitive and formulaic.

When I see posts full of spelling mistakes from full time bloggers or blogs left dormant for months because they "couldn't think of anything to write" or "weren't feeling inspired" I could scream. If this is your full time job it should be treated as such and any sloppiness is a direct reflection of how much work you put in, no matter how much time was spent on it. Compare it to any traditional job, do you think a boss in an office would care if you spent 6 hours on a piece of writing if it was STILL riddled with grammatical errors? Christ, how many youtubers even edit their own videos/pictures anymore? Most of the difficult stuff gets delegated out when you're past a certain number of subs.

Blogging is as vocational as they want to make it, they are self employed and some of them are just plain lazy. It just isn't comparable to a 9-5, they are the ones in control and can work to their own schedule. Not to mention the perks of the job, it can be much more enjoyable and outstrips most jobs for 18-30 year olds in terms of perks and @Lamour88 is right, the line between leisure and work can get blurred when having a bubble bath could be termed work. You won't get a trip to the Bali with a skincare brand in insurance sales and you definitely couldn't write it off as "work" if you did.

bricolage
Learner
Learner

Post by bricolage »

thischick wrote: There's nothing wrong with either one. Where would we be with out pharmacy techs? Life would suck but life would also suck without entertainment.
I agree with you that Youtube is a valid form of entertainment, and in that sense Youtuber's jobs are important. I myself watch Youtube for entertainment and there are some Youtubers who I genuinely like, and wouldn't air negative opinions about. However I guess I've become frustrated with the proliferation of generic, vapid, narcissistic fashion and beauty Youtubers who offer no real substance to their videos - it's just an endless cycle of ASOS hauls, drugstore make-up tutorials, daily vlogs, "What I Eat In a Day" etc. To me this is an issue that affects society because so many adolescents watch these videos and have aspirations (or even think it's normal!) to lead that kind of consumer-driven lifestyle, where you don't really do anything else besides film yourself shopping, putting on make-up, eating, and travelling on all-expenses paid trips. As others have said before me, yes there are Youtubers who work incredibly hard - and as viewers we know this because it shows in the quality and quantity of content they create. Viewers aren't stupid! But there are some Youtubers who only upload once or twice a week, mediocre, repetitive videos, and then complain about how hard they work - when we can see from their daily vlogs that they slept in late, spent a couple of hours filming and editing, and that's their work day done. That is definitely hard to stomach as a viewer.

I know that a few people on this thread disagree with the term "Influencer" but I think it's an adequate term because Youtubers are so influential to the younger generation, so why shouldn't there be a forum to critically analyse what Youtubers are doing? They are public figures after all, and therefore it's no wonder they are subject to the same scrutiny as other people in the public eye. I find GuruGossip just a place to air critical opinions about Youtubers, because God knows you can't do it in the comments section of their videos. I don't agree with any of the personal attacks on here directed at Youtubers (e.g. nasty comments about physical appearance etc) but I definitely think there is a need to discuss the impact they have on society, and call them out on some of the crap that they say, and the damaging stereotype they portray to younger viewers.

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lamour88 wrote:

I sound bitter? Sweetie, you're the washed up 'influencer' from 2008 (lmfao) trolling GuruGossiper trying to justify your lack of actual career.
If you're going to insult someone at least insult the right person. I'm the "washed up Influencer form 2008" but that isn't my comment. By the way, I'm not "washed up" and Influencer is one of my multiple jobs. I'm also not "trolling" ... I find these boards entertaining. Except they seem to attract some hateful whack jobs who don't seem to have any decernable value beyond snide comments.

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

liseppe wrote:
Gurubydaygossiperby wrote:You would be surprised how much time and effort going into being an Influencer.
Sorry, but calling yourself an "influencer" is so pompous.
How? It is a title ... like Editor or Writer or Artist or Nurse that describes what you do for compensation.

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

rai1234 wrote:^^ also, A LOT of people with 9-5 jobs love their jobs, me included, and I work the full 8 hours, I don't fuck around at my desk, otherwise I'll get fired. I hate that notion by influencers that they're doing better than anyone who works 9-5 because those people hate their jobs??? Not saying blogging is easy, but I'd also love to see one of those bloggers working a tech job, customer service/retail, office jobs, or in a medical profession. There's no need to shit on people's livelihoods to validate yours. You do you, I'll do me.
You'd be surprised how many Bloggers/Influencers had or have quite serious 9to5s. Among the ones I know in my Industry is a London Doctor, loads of Lawyers, Teacher, Some worked for large media like BBC or Hearst. I have worked for an International Non-profit and a well known corporation (both Medical) ... a "normal" job and a steady income with benefits was nice but some people have the compulsion to create and many of "us" came into this when it was new and barely if at all monetized nor could ever be considered for a career. That is the thing with most Millenials, the jobs we have now didn't exist when we were in university or were just becoming something to consider.

Return to “The Anna Edit”