Sponsoredborexo - Part 8

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sponsoredborexo - Part 8

Post by [Sugar] »

gossipgril wrote:If Shannon can get influenced/inspired by these other people imagine how it is for her young minions. They are probably thinking or consider getting Botox too because Shannon is telling them it helps prolong her youth.
I think Shannon forgets she's a public figure and a role model. Sure, it's your body and you can do what you want with it, but you have to consider what effect this will have on the people who look up to you too. It's your responsibility to do that. The ordinary person can get away with more than you can, because they don't have this responsibility. You can claim that you didn't ask for this fame all you want, but people are going to scrutinise or copy what you do, and if you don't want that, you need to filter out what people see.

robsbabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by robsbabe »

didnt she do a video a few years ago when she talked about plastic surgery and shit and said she would only get her boobs done, nothing else?? I think i remember that but i'm not 100% sure

[Sugar]
Informer
Informer

Post by [Sugar] »

robsbabe wrote:didnt she do a video a few years ago when she talked about plastic surgery and shit and said she would only get her boobs done, nothing else?? I think i remember that but i'm not 100% sure
I'm pretty sure she's mentioned wanting to get her nose straightened before. It might have been in those boob job videos, but I could be wrong. Her wanting her nose done wasn't news to me, anyhow.

cjtxo

Post by cjtxo »

Her nose isn't even that bad in my opinion? I don't see the point in that. She shouldn't need all these cosmetic procedures done in order to be happy.

slayplay
Learner
Learner

Post by slayplay »

She's not bloated. She's overweight. Yes, she's going to the gym but it's clearly not working. If anything it actually looks like she's slowly putting on weight. Especially around her face. Her diet is the main issue. It's pisses me off that she blames her weight gain on being bloated. If she really cared she would get a PT but at the end of the day she's TOO LAZY. The amount of junk food she eats is ridiculous!!

Misguided_Ghost
Learner
Learner

Post by Misguided_Ghost »

b_loz wrote:
cjtxo wrote:I wish she'd stop overdrawing her lips because they look like how I applied lipstick when I was 5.

Also, I quite like her mums eyebrows personally I think they DO look natural. If Shan thinks hers look natural god knows what she'd think unnatural would look like.
They day she was feeling all bloated and she said she didnt like her makeup and that something was off was the worst. She looked like she'd had a 2 year old put her lipstick on!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I actually thought she was filming with a snapchat filter on because she looked exactly like that one with the massive purple lips :rofl:

victoriabeckham
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by victoriabeckham »

Long time lurker, blah, blah.... :D
I am a doctor and there is no concrete evidence out there that Botox prevents wrinkles. Anyone who says otherwise is either trying to get your money or terribly misinformed.
'Google' just doesn't cut it nowadays, Shannon, where everyone and anyone can spout 'truths'-as evident by yourself with your 'dairy is bad' and other non-evidence based rubbish. Try Google Scholar instead.

kimxx_xx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kimxx_xx »

slayplay wrote:She's not bloated. She's overweight. Yes, she's going to the gym but it's clearly not working. If anything it actually looks like she's slowly putting on weight. Especially around her face. Her diet is the main issue. It's pisses me off that she blames her weight gain on being bloated. If she really cared she would get a PT but at the end of the day she's TOO LAZY. The amount of junk food she eats is ridiculous!!
Come on now, she's NOT overweight. Yes she's gotten bigger but she's nowhere near overweight.

She's very in denial about everything. You can only start working on your diet/fitness regime when you realize you've gained weight, and you're willing to put in effort to lose it. Right now, she's telling herself she's 'bloated' and she keeps buying clothes in her old sizes cause she doesn't want to acknowledge she needs to buy a size up. And she keeps telling herself she's living 'healthy' too, with her workouts in the gym (does she have workout goals? a fitness regime?) and her smoothies (hey guess what, even fruit and veggies have calories)

Denying her body has changed over the years is just really unhealthy for younger viewers as well. They're watching someone who desperately doesn't want to be proud or even acknowledge she's a size 10, which is a size a lot of these girls might have. Either be proud of your body, cause she still has a very average bodysize (and is not overweight, I mean come on), or decide you want to be slimmer and put in the effort to change it.

jtbi98
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by jtbi98 »

How can she be sooo focused on changing ("improving"?) her face/hair/eyebrows etc but not want to just lose weight? Her weight is slowly changing her face and always makes people look older

justcurious87
Lurker
Lurker

Post by justcurious87 »

So this is my first time posting.
What is with all these youtubers getting procedure after procedure done to their faces?? I get that people should do what they want but knowing that they have such a big young following it's disturbing to know that they must think this "trend" is the new kind of normal! It's setting a bad example that you're never good enough. I know it's not just Shannon but she comes across in the vlog like "oh well while I'm here I might just pop in and get some botox" like it's no big deal.
I can't help but think if they had any real medical issues a few non-existent wrinkles would be the last thing on their mind (not to wish anything bad on anyone)

Post by Guest »

kimxx_xx wrote:Come on now, she's NOT overweight. Yes she's gotten bigger but she's nowhere near overweight.
I really think for the height she is, her BMI has to be over the healthy range. You don't have to be size 16, 18, 20 to be considered overweight. It's based on weight and height.

kimxx_xx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kimxx_xx »

Sparkle wrote:
kimxx_xx wrote:Come on now, she's NOT overweight. Yes she's gotten bigger but she's nowhere near overweight.
I really think for the height she is, her BMI has to be over the healthy range. You don't have to be size 16, 18, 20 to be considered overweight. It's based on weight and height.
But her size is the only thing we're going on? You don't know her height and her weight, you only know what her body looks like. If its about weight and height and not size, what are you basing this assumption on

Post by Guest »

I wonder if she also gets "bloated" after she sits at her computer for 3 hours then goes out for a big cheesy pizza :roll:

Post by Guest »

kimxx_xx wrote:
Sparkle wrote:
But her size is the only thing we're going on? You don't know her height and her weight, you only know what her body looks like. If its about weight and height and not size, what are you basing this assumption on
Nobody knows her true size haha. She'll only mention the size of a piece in a clothing haul if it's an 8 or a small, and even then when she wears it in the "try on" part it's still pulling at the seams. If she was an 8 back in those pictures when she was quite thin, seeing footage of her where she isn't controlling the angles these days really shows how much weight she has put on. I have friends, similar height and similar size who are definitely not size 10 and they own it. I truly don't see her as a size 10 but if that's what you think she is, so be it.

slayplay
Learner
Learner

Post by slayplay »

She's very short, I can't remember her exact height but she has said before that she is short. If she's not "overweight" then she will be borderline. If you see her in Hamish's vlogs she looks very different when she's not controlling the camera angles

cjtxo

Post by cjtxo »

She's 5'3 I believe maybe 5'4! If that helps at all.

bundy72
Informer
Informer

Post by bundy72 »

Bmi calculators aren't really accurate in determining if someone is overweight. Rugby players aren't overly tall but weigh a lot, so according to the bmi scale they would be classed as very overweight.

Post by Guest »

bundy72 wrote:Bmi calculators aren't really accurate in determining if someone is overweight. Rugby players aren't overly tall but weigh a lot, so according to the bmi scale they would be classed as very overweight.
I don't think Shan's gym sessions have got her building up enough muscle to make a BMI calculator overly inaccurate lol

robsbabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by robsbabe »

shannon definitely is overweight, even if it's just a bit but for her height (5'3 i think if i remember correctly) she is too 'big' (i'm not body shaming...) BUT why doesnt she just admit she gained weight? nobody is bloated for a year. and if so she should seriously go to a doctor because thats an issue.
just look at her legs or puffy arms. thats too much weight right there. she's not a size S.. yet she claims she is

mishmish
Learner
Learner

Post by mishmish »

well a lot of people are overweight and I don't think its anyone's job to tell others how to improve themselve since no one knows their whole health situation.

my problem with shaan isn't her weight, i could care less tbh like if she wants to bitch and whine all day thats her problem. i just hate how she's so obviously daily vlogging when she hates it. its just to stay relevant really

Return to “Shaaanxo”