is Nars Orgasm blush worth it.

lowkeyshittalker
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

is Nars Orgasm blush worth it.

Post by lowkeyshittalker »

So i feel like everyone talks about Nars' orgasm blush. Is it worth the hype? i don't wear blush to often, but if it is as good as people are saying I just might haha!

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Re: is Nars Orgasm blush worth it.

Post by Tsubaki »

If you don't wear blush often, it's not worth it. You're forking $$$ on something you might not use. Go test it out if you're curious. Also, Orgasm is not that life-changing. It's gorgeous on some people. It's meh on someone like me (neutral tone, fair to light skin)-- Deep Throat is where it's at for me -- less peachy, more pink and less shimmer.
Last edited by Tsubaki on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

OutOfStep
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by OutOfStep »

i'm very minimalist with my belongings, i have two blushes: benefit benetint for a fresh natural tint for autumn winter and nars orgasm for spring summer. i still haven't found one that i love so much - it looks really nice on the skin and is buildable. i have very large pores and acne scars unfortunately but i don't feel that the shimmer in it accentuates them, just gives me a nice glow

i really really recommend it, i've tried others to replace it but i keep coming back to it

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

I think it's a pretty generic colour that there's a lot of dupes from. I've never tried NARS products since they're so pricey, so I don't know whether they're amazing compared to other products, but you might want to try the colour out before committing to such a purchase? I've had the Bourjois dupe in the shade Lila's D'or. I think NYX has a similar shade to that too, in the shade "Pinched" and wet'n'wild has so many peachy/corally pink blushes with gold shimmer in their Fergie line. If you don't like glitter I wouldn't recommend the Bourjois one, the glitter gets everywhere.

It's been hyped as a "universal colour" but I definitely don't think it suits every skin tone. I don't like it much on myself, on a pale pink undertones complexion.

Kamakazi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kamakazi »

Personally, I really like it. I also don't wear blush often - but when I do 90% of the time it is Orgasm. I am quite fair - blonde hair green eyes, so it shows up well on me, but still isn't too much. If it's actually worth the money, I don't know. There are a lot of very similar blushes that will give the same effect (as someone else already said), however if you want a good quality blush that you know will last and be good quality then Nars is the way to go

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

As said above,the color is super easy to find a cheap dupe of.

I don't wear blush that much but Orgasm has continually been one of my favorites over the years. Although I personally like it in the liquid illuminator form.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Post by Guest »

i bought it in that duo where it comes with the laguna bronzer and i've never regretted a purchase more. the blush really is gorgeous but i never found it to be particularly nice or flattering on my skin (i'm pale af). honestly you can find far better products (for way cheaper!) elsewhere.

jrgold19
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jrgold19 »

I've had it before and if I remember right it was too glittery for me. Check out the Max factor creme puff blushes, they're amazing and very similar colours I adore them!!

holysandwich
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by holysandwich »

I don't think so. If you have any hints of imperfect skin (discoloration, uneven texture...), the blush will accentuate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunnybunz10
Debater
Debater

Post by hunnybunz10 »

honestly, there are a lot of better blushes out there. i like nars blushes but i think orgasm is WAY too hyped---it's a pretty color but it does have some sparkle to it...i'm more a fan of matte blushes---i will sometimes grab orgasm during the summer but mainly, i'll amour or dolce vita from nars. benefit and ESPECIALLY tarte has some kickass blushes!!

it all depends on your skintone and if you like a natural blushing look! i believe it comes in a sample size (orgasm and laguna) so try that out if you are unsure about the full thing!

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

I settled on the sleek blush in rose gold. Not exact, the sleek is less pink but it was £5. With blush, by the time you've blended it out who can really tell?
I feel with most makeup, if you are willing to do the research there will usually be a dupe out there. I wouldn't spend that kind of money unless I know I'm going to use it.

anxietea
Learner
Learner

Post by anxietea »

I think Orgasm is great, as mentioned above Deep Throat is better for my fair complexion though.
I've owned orgasm for years and I'll stop using it for a while and then the day that I do I wonder why I stopped in the first place haha.
I think what I love about it is that I really don't find the need to blend it out. It just sort of effortlessly blends in with my skin.
I can make it really really dramatic but I don't.
I tried Milani Luminoso (sp?) which gets touted as a dupe but I found it really ugly on my skin and isn't a dupe at all (maybe just the one I got? but I found it hella orange)

Lionhearted
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lionhearted »

It is very glittery and very dupable. It also doesn't look that great on my skin, I have a cold pale tone to my skin. I wish I hadn't bought it actually. I much prefer Exhibit A to Orgasm, it looks much prettier and definitely works for every skintone. The positive thing with it, in my opinion is that it's so subtle it's hard to overdo it, so it's good for every day.

Luna_xo
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Luna_xo »

X

bookworm10122
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bookworm10122 »

I don't really like it, its too sparkly for me!

fooogey123
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by fooogey123 »

I really liked the blush. It gave such a nice flush. But if you don't wear blush often, maybe you could look for a dupe instead of spending as much money on this one item?

fooogey123
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by fooogey123 »

I really liked the blush. It gave such a nice flush. But if you don't wear blush often, maybe you could look for a dupe instead of spending as much money on this one item?

vetoline
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by vetoline »

Just putting my two cents out there in case there are some darker skinned ladies who are wondering whether Orgasm is worth the hype,

I have NC42 skin tone and I recently gave in and purchased Orgasm, and I can honestly say that I am so happy with it! It shows up beautifully on my skin (I was so worried that it would look chalky/greyish due to my golden undertone, but it only accentuates it). It is also one of those blushes that you can use for ANY makeup look, whether it be a smokey eye, or natural day look. However, it does need to be said that there is quite a bit of shimmer in the blush, so if you do have uneven skin (tone or texture) the blush will accentuate the imperfections.

As with anything, though, if you're really unsure but have access to a Nars store/counter, get one of the makeup artists to swatch it on your cheeks :tu:

makeupmenace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by makeupmenace »

It's far too bright ans glittery for my tastes. Blushes that bright just look unnatural on my NW03-05 skin.
Blending is my cardio.

tinkerbell156
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tinkerbell156 »

Buy Nyx Pinched blush instead, its a dupe and way cheaper :tu:

Return to “NARS”