Estee "Scamdi" Lasmug - Part 15

cruellalalonde
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estee "Scamdi" Lasmug - Part 15

Post by cruellalalonde »

marie_antoinette wrote:Is she seriously talking about periods and losing virginity again? How old is her target audience exactly? These topics are aimed at under 16s, I find it hard to believe that most people watching her are that young. But of course it's easier to be giggling about periods as opposed to having an actual adult discussion about topics that actually matter to girls and women. :roll:
She needs to target the younger people to sell her stupid book to though. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruellalalonde
Learner
Learner

Post by cruellalalonde »

On snapchat Amelia just showed a phone case that she was "kindly sent" (meaning gifted) from the case factory. Estee recently posted about the same case but made out like she bought it herself! How does she get away with being so shady.

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

I think here is a BIG PROBLEM she and the brands she works with will have – he content is targeted at an audience so young, they are most likely not able to afford the expensive stuff she tries to sell them. Her videos are just not interesting for an older audience who will probably will be better off. The majority of her teenage mini onions will either only be able to afford a very limited amount of expensive makeup etc. or get into debt.
And I don't think her videos will reach or interest a grown-up audience if she continues like this.

As for the girl hate ... I don't know how many times I was tempted (IRL) to reply to "Oh, they all hate me because I'm beautiful!" with – "No, they don't like you because you are stupid and treat others like dirt."
*Stop making stupid people famous.*

morkki
Learner
Learner

Post by morkki »

I actually feel really dumb myself when I see Estee (or any other youtuber I follow/used to follow) posts a video about periods/sex... I subscribed to that person... to learn about periods? I understand if every person older than 15 feels resentful after that. Because even if you are only 15, you had period for the last 3-5 years or so. I feel like she is trying to repel all the viewers older than 13 with this videos. That's how she'll get audience she can manipulate, sell ghost written books to and no one is left to write comments about her fakeness and Aslan's money. Two birds with one stone. She just choose the easier way to get more money. Nice rebranding, for sure.

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

Personally I do not think she represents a teen goalz with her granny style (and granny style is ok sometimes at home or on a sunday i can find myself in it (never estee level)) i mean in your teen is the moment when you are more into "perfect woman" goalz ( long hair, thin body, thinny clothes etc you know zoella style).
I cannot imaging a teen admiring lancome estee style as an example.

I believe now she is living over a mix of old fans that dont get what is going on and maybe a medium amount of new teen fans and a number of them only for language purposes. (although she is so unarticulated that you dont learn almost anything).

IMO She talks in a "teenagers language" because is the only way she can sell her celeb-life-thoughts due to her shady life and her lack of education.

I think her minions are in a large number fans without a clue of her real bussines for multiples reasons.

Under my point of view she is lost in her own business reason why her subs numbers are not good anymore as they used to be.

purplebell1234
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by purplebell1234 »

cruellalalonde wrote:
marie_antoinette wrote:Is she seriously talking about periods and losing virginity again? How old is her target audience exactly? These topics are aimed at under 16s, I find it hard to believe that most people watching her are that young. But of course it's easier to be giggling about periods as opposed to having an actual adult discussion about topics that actually matter to girls and women. :roll:
"She needs to target the younger people to sell her stupid book to though. "

This is what doesn't make sense to me! Obviously her older, previous fans are around her age, and those are the people who are mostly leaving her channel. Her new fan base is all young girls who she feels the need to explain periods too, YET she always shows off her high-end products and things, and is going to have a section in her book on home decorating and furniture. Pick one or the other. Sometimes with seeing the kinds of products and clothes she brags about, you would think she's aiming towards a more mature audience, but that is not actually her audience at all. Her older audience has left her, and so now she's just in this weird state of bragging about her expensive adult life to a bunch of pre-teens.

funwithnames
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by funwithnames »

Exactly! She is producing content for teens but tries to sell expensive stuff or things those teens don't even need yet (furniture, cars, ...) let alone can't afford.
She says she has changed and grown up, yet the topics in her videos seem to get more immature.

I wonder how her management sells this to the clients.

This makes NO sense at all.
*Stop making stupid people famous.*

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

management can easily sell her to clients - they dgaf, they just want their product reaching as many people as possible. all they have to say is "1 million subscribers and growing' for brands to be interested.

(not that that's right, obviously. but companies, like estee, lack any integrity.)

zabluj3na
Lurker
Lurker

Post by zabluj3na »

LOL for calling that series ''on the mind'' ... the first video was tragic, because Aslan and Estee basically said that they have nothing to talk about (why are you making a video then??) and the second in which they are asking the viewers to tell them something to talk about. So basically this is a series about what's on other peoples minds and we'll just use it to make content. So original and creative! :rofl:

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

On the topic of jealousy as the one and only reason for someone to dislike you: I wonder how many of her viewers are buying into this? I dread to think of people being influenced by the likes of Estee (she's not the only one who does this) and believing that it's impossible for anyone to just dislike them. Maybe your personalities clash, maybe you have bad habits, are irritating, are rude, etc... Saying "you're just jealous of how wonderful I am" means people will never look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they did anything wrong and try to improve if they did.

Someone recently mention the blurring of business and personal on Youtube. I agree this has been exploited and is used by Youtubers to deflect serious criticism.

Let's say a local shop opens and you go in and the staff are rude and don't know what they're talking about. They have some misleading adverts. You'd be within your rights to mention to others that you had a bad experience and thought the shop was terrible, maybe review it online. You could contact the Advertising Standards Agency (or equivalent) and report their ads. They're a business and have to be held up to certain standards and it's not considered a personal attack to have a genuine complaint.

Because a Youtuber's personality is so intertwined with their business (even more so than the independent shop "Hannah's Bakery") - their personality kind of IS the business - they can handily say "Hey, that fair comment wasn't about my business, it was a personal attack". All personal attacks are crossing a line, and therefore their business can never be criticised in their eyes and the eyes of minions.

Choosing personal topics such as make-up, skincare, food, fashion doesn't help.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

daddyoh wrote:management can easily sell her to clients - they dgaf, they just want their product reaching as many people as possible. all they have to say is "1 million subscribers and growing' for brands to be interested.

(not that that's right, obviously. but companies, like estee, lack any integrity.)
I was thinking that they'd still be interested in conversion rates, rather than number of views. However, when you think of the tiny cost to the company of supplying a Youtuber with a free item, they wouldn't need the video to be that effective for it to pay off.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

gloriaboyde
Informer
Informer

Post by gloriaboyde »

Yep, that big comment thread about Aslan's job is gone. I read through it like two days ago while it was still there, people were really interested. Such a disappointment that they deleted it.

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

It's incredibly arrogant to just brush off any negativity as 'Oh you're all just jealous of how PRETTY and SUCCESSFUL I am!' (With THOSE eyebrows?! lol) It's not getting to the root cause of it at all. Most of us on here enjoy a good bitch about Estee's hair or her dreadful taste in clothes, but what started this off was the feeling that Estee had changed dramatically in quite a short space of time.

Her generic 'haters gon hate' attitude is just childish. Instead of addressing it head-on she simply deletes tons and tons of comments. It's not like it's 1 or 2 comments either. She gets a LOT of negativity in her comments now. Surely this should be a red flag and a sign that her subscribers aren't happy anymore. A lot of people are calling her out on her bullshit with good reason. It's the glory of youtube! If you don't want to expose yourself to negativity then why on earth start a youtube channel to begin with? Also, I think I'd probably respect her a bit more if she was just honest for once. Why can't she just state what Aslan does for a living? Why not be REAL for a change?

Instead she lies about all the freebies she gets or when she's been paid to promote a brand, and let's face it, she does this all the time. Her entire social media presence is dedicated to advertising these days. She doesn't seem thankful for her success, and half the time she doesn't even seem grateful for all the freebies and opportunities she gets. She comes across as bored, irritated, smug or just blasé about everything. She doesn't realise or care that most people her age are not living in a million pound townhouse in London, frolicking around in designer clothes and taking naps all the time. And yet she's trying to pretend she's this normal, 'relatable' Canadian gal just living life. Bitch please...

People are pissed of because she's dishonest. She never talked about her relationship with Fran, now it's the same with Lucy. What is Lucy's job exactly? And why the hell does she even need her? I don't know why she doesn't do a proper video with Lucy and introduce her to us. I guess she's just too 'busy' for that. Between Alsan taking most of her photos and Lucy writing her blog posts, what on earth is she actually doing?

Her video content is also lazy and uninspired. She could actually take the time to discuss important issues that affect young women like rape, consent, birth control, abortion, equal pay etc but of course she doesn't. She's trying to convince us she's a feminist yet she has no thoughts on it whatsoever. Being a feminist is more than just wearing a dumb t-shirt that has boobs on it. Her Femtalk video is just another desperate attempt to get her young female follows on board. She had a perfect opportunity to talk about things that actually matter and instead she blows it by talking about periods like she's 12. She wants to move away from beauty yet she has nothing to say! She had no ideas or opinions, and if she does she certainly never shares them.

I wouldn't say I'm jealous of her life in any way. I wish I had her money, but she fills her time with most vapid, dull things. I may be poor, but at least I know I have real friendships and relationships with people and I have had genuine experiences other than shopping.

morkki
Learner
Learner

Post by morkki »

tadahhhhh wrote: I wouldn't say I'm jealous of her life in any way. I wish I had her money, but she fills her time with most vapid, dull things. I may be poor, but at least I know I have real friendships and relationships with people and I have had genuine experiences other than shopping.
Trust me, you are not jelaous at anything. You don't wish to have her money. Maybe the money she earned from youtube views, but as we all know, it's a fraction. Her own money comes from sponsorships, so you wish you sold your soul to sponsorships and live with that money? Or Aslan's money? The guilt you would feel from spending dirty money, although it was gifted to you from someone you have almost no connection at all is indescribable. She knows where her millions for flat come from, and she spends time in that flat all the time. She has it in mind, but probably ignores it.
What I wanted to say is there is nothing at all in her life anyone with a little brains could be jelaous about.

Beauvoir
Learner
Learner

Post by Beauvoir »

This is a bit off topic, but why can I see her videos on Vessel? I've never registered and I'm watching that silly femtalk right now
ESL

Sas12345
Talker
Talker

Post by Sas12345 »

How much do youtubers benefit/make from working with vessel?? Whats the deal

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

Beauvoir wrote:This is a bit off topic, but why can I see her videos on Vessel? I've never registered and I'm watching that silly femtalk right now
I think you only need an account if you want to watch the vids *before* they're on YT, as soon as they're uploaded to YT they also become public on Vessel.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

elsaskywalker
Learner
Learner

Post by elsaskywalker »

It seems weird, that she's always wanted to write a book, considering her poor language and that she doesn't seem to be into books. If you watch her favourites videos, you can see, that she's not able to give a proper review about a certain product, her vocabulary is just bad. Wasn't she studying something at the beginning of her youtube-"career"?

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner

Post by paidinfluencer »

Hey I think a lot of people must be jealous of her cause her subcount is not growing. I rather support honest youtubers with actual content like kathleenlights. Her subcount is over one million more than Estee's channel. So Estee must have a lot of "haters" now. Yeah more paranoid logic to overcompensate for her greed and white privilege sense of entitlement.

And what a waste of her money to have to pay someone to be on call to delete comments on her videos now! Just think of all the toys she could have bought for Reggie instead.

cheesejustridiculous
Talker
Talker

Post by cheesejustridiculous »

Or, you know, the 170£ hot water bottle with cashmere sleeve.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”