Kat von D - Hypocrisy

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by LiddlePallid »

They already changed the youtube channel name and now they've got cheesy ads for the 2 new products (lip vinyls and blush) on there.

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

If the Go Big Or Go Home mascara is discontinued I’ll be really sad. It’s the only mascara that doesn’t go clumpy or dry once it’s on.

She’a an idiot. Despite its flaws, it was successful until she put it on the back burner in favor of trying to pursue her joke of a music “career” :roll:

artheusa
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by artheusa »

She had the Castle Drachenberg painted on a wallpaper in her new house. The castle has nothing to do with her family! Why is she being so stubborn?

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

That castle looks totally child proof. Totally. Pugsley Addams will have an awesome childhood not touching anything there.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

That house is absolutely hideous. The one that she used to live in that burned down, THAT one was pretty cool. Her whole idea of "gothic Victorian" is just like every little thing she could think of all thrown into one house. There's too many different things going on, waaaay too much gaudiness. Building a house from the ground up, she could have made that whole thing so much cooler. It just looks...dumb. Too much, and dumb lmao

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:10 am
That house is absolutely hideous. The one that she used to live in that burned down, THAT one was pretty cool. Her whole idea of "gothic Victorian" is just like every little thing she could think of all thrown into one house. There's too many different things going on, waaaay too much gaudiness. Building a house from the ground up, she could have made that whole thing so much cooler. It just looks...dumb. Too much, and dumb lmao
That house is the prime example of money doesn't buy taste...but considering her husbands obsession with swastika's it could have been so much worse still.

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

How can anyone do makeup properly in a completely red tinted bathroom? Just considering the difference in fluorescent vs LED vs white light vs natural light. Would say I hope she has somewhere else to do makeup but she had that massive vanity built.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

There's probably a whole room that's just a makeup room. There's a band practice room, a movie theater room - I can almost guarantee there's a makeup room lol

NakedAndLaughing
Talker
Talker

Post by NakedAndLaughing »

Where are you guys seeing she is building a new house? I've tried Googling it and I'm not finding anything. I also want to see this Castle thing you are talking about.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

She's constantly posting updates about it on her Instagram stories

vissinada
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by vissinada »

I think they should have just wrapped the brand. I think one of the reasons it was successful was because of her. Her goth aesthetic was what made it so appealing, the designs and everything scream her name. It is sad that she destroyed something she built from scratch. They kept her initials— they shouldn’t have. If they still wanted to rebrand they should have named it sth like “kendo vegan beauty” or “sephora vegan beauty”

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

^ I agree. I have seen a couple people say they could have developed another brand with a similar aesthetic with Dita von Teese to fill the space. It will be too hard to get away from the stigma of Kat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Plus she designed all the packaging for everything - are they going to just get someone to keep doing a similar style? That's why I'm curious to see what the next launch is going to be.

bloodbrothers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bloodbrothers »

I'm curious to see if the makeup line will continue to flop even more or if it will make a comeback since Kat isn't involved in it whatsoever. I saw a lot of comments on their Instagram saying how people will now be buying from them again now that Kat is out of the picture completely. Their next launch will have to be something unique that hasn't been done before or something outrageous, niche like to garner a bunch of attention to get a lot of people interested. I agree that they should have rebranded as well. I think the aesthetic should stay the same but anything that resembles Kat or her brand/name should have been removed. If the next launch is a failure they should just call it quits otherwise it's just a money pit where they are dumping more money into something without any return.

On the topic of her house, like it has already been stated my first reaction was it is waaay too tacky and gaudy. There is just way too much shit going on in that house. It would have been a lot better if she did multiple themes that tied together into one and they all made sense. The shit she has now is a mishmash of a bunch of different themes and it doesn't mesh together as one if you get what I'm trying to say here. That red bathroom is godawful and it looks cheap to me. Everything in that house looks cheap actually.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

she really does have a thing for guys that dig swastikas.

shame that a symbol of peace was perverted so badly and used for so much hate. :(

and i wish i had tried her mascara... i hate the clumpy shit that seems to be all you can buy now.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

i saw someone on instagram or somewhere ask about the branding moving forward, if it will still be the "edgy tattoo style" that it's always been. Kendo responded and said yes, it will remain that style.
i agree that it is kind of a misstep to keep "KVD" in the name - if they're cutting ties completely, they should have cut ties completely, even the initials KVD refer back to kat von disease.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

artheusa wrote:Her artistry team was a failure, never gained the recognition she expected considering the amount of work she put in advertising the collective. The recent launches were uninspiring, people complained about the cheap feeling of the 10th year boxes etc. etc. She killed her brand.

Joffree must be ecstatic.
The artistry people were SOOOOO entitled. So fuck them, glad that didn’t pan out. I live in the same city as one of them and I worked at Sephora when she launched the team. She showed up to my Sephora store one day randomly in unannounced like over half an hour after we closed just BANGING on the door. We recognized her so we all walked up to the door. She DEMANDED that we open the door for her and let her come in and see the store. We were like “uhhhhh we can’t just do that.” And she said something along the line of “you guys know who I am right?” Image yeah bitch I know who you are but you aren’t worth breaking corporate rules and get fired over your big fucking head. My manager straight up told us to tell her over the mic that she is not special and she can come to the store when it’s open like all of clients, as she was not breaking the rules and letting someone who has no real authority into our closed store. Sad, cause I thought she was down to earth in the artistry video Kat did.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

LiddlePallid wrote:That house is absolutely hideous. The one that she used to live in that burned down, THAT one was pretty cool. Her whole idea of "gothic Victorian" is just like every little thing she could think of all thrown into one house. There's too many different things going on, waaaay too much gaudiness. Building a house from the ground up, she could have made that whole thing so much cooler. It just looks...dumb. Too much, and dumb lmao
Double post so sorry! Ugh I forget about that situation a lot. Her old old house was like basically my dream home. Btw if y’all didn’t know it burnt down because Kat is such a stubborn bitch she wanted to have candles burning even when she wasn’t there and she killed her cat because of her poor decisions. She also got sued from the insurance company for trying to make a claim on something that was 100% her own fault.

Now she has the just absolutely ugly, gaudy home. Matches her insides so I think it fits her more.

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

getinitgucci wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:07 am
LiddlePallid wrote:That house is absolutely hideous. The one that she used to live in that burned down, THAT one was pretty cool. Her whole idea of "gothic Victorian" is just like every little thing she could think of all thrown into one house. There's too many different things going on, waaaay too much gaudiness. Building a house from the ground up, she could have made that whole thing so much cooler. It just looks...dumb. Too much, and dumb lmao
Double post so sorry! Ugh I forget about that situation a lot. Her old old house was like basically my dream home. Btw if y’all didn’t know it burnt down because Kat is such a stubborn bitch she wanted to have candles burning even when she wasn’t there and she killed her cat because of her poor decisions. She also got sued from the insurance company for trying to make a claim on something that was 100% her own fault.

Now she has the just absolutely ugly, gaudy home. Matches her insides so I think it fits her more.

Omfg that’s fucked, her poor cat :(

Is that also how her tattoo shop caught fire? I remember all the candles on that weird display in her office on LA Ink that were just a mess of melted wax everywhere.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by getinitgucci »

Gaige wrote:
getinitgucci wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:07 am

Omfg that’s fucked, her poor cat :(

Is that also how her tattoo shop caught fire? I remember all the candles on that weird display in her office on LA Ink that were just a mess of melted wax everywhere.
Did some digging and none of the news reports I found said cause for her shop burning down. However I found this article and laughed a bit at how ridiculous Kat is. Even if she wasn’t who she was news crew would have showed up....because a local fire is you know...news. That’s like if my mom attacked the news crew who came to report on our car accident when I was a kid. Ridiculous. She’s so full of herself.

https://laist.com/2014/10/23/kat_von_d_ ... awoman.php

And here’s the one about her getting sued for making a claim on her old house.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kat-von- ... _n_1557370

Return to “Kat Von D”