Rachel Aust

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rachel Aust

Post by unkn0wn »

new video, same boring ideas that she's repeated 4000 times already lmfao. i don't think i'll ever forget 'CLEAN 20 MINUTES A DAY' at this rate. :roll:
i would do that if i didn't like. y'know. clean up as i went along my day and did the little tasks without second thought lol. if i do have to set aside time specifically to clean, it's because i was too busy and had to run out the door and leave laundry on my bed and some papers out on my desk or something. and that typically doesn't take long. any longer, i'm culling shit out or i made a huge mess working on something lol.

she does look good in that video tho. i just feel like i've watched the same cleaning/tidying video a million times omg.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

unkn0wn wrote: she does look good in that video tho.
Did you notice how she contorts her body and pushes her behind on objects to make it seem bigger the entire video?

mac1234
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by mac1234 »

ugh she so scabby with all this paid product promotion.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

And no disclosure, of course. She only makes videos now if they are sponsored, aside from a couple that aren't so it doesn't look so suss.

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

Just watched her cleaning video. I love her apartment, it's so beautiful & I'd love to live somewhere like that, but at times she really comes across very holier than thou, like she's so much better than everyone else for how she lives. I'm a bit of a hoarder in the sense that I do collect a lot of things like clothes, makeup, music memorabilia, so I'll never live as clutter free as she does, but that doesn't make me any less than her. I don't know, it just bugs me.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

Stacie Anne wrote:Just watched her cleaning video. I love her apartment, it's so beautiful & I'd love to live somewhere like that, but at times she really comes across very holier than thou, like she's so much better than everyone else for how she lives. I'm a bit of a hoarder in the sense that I do collect a lot of things like clothes, makeup, music memorabilia, so I'll never live as clutter free as she does, but that doesn't make me any less than her. I don't know, it just bugs me.
It makes you way more interesting. Your home is a reflection of you, so when we look at Rachel's apartment we see that it's pretty but empty inside, just like her.

I follow minimalism too, but I have hobbies and interests. I have books, musical instruments and travel things but I only have what makes me happy, everything else gets donated.

lauzzykitten
Talker
Talker

Post by lauzzykitten »

handmadedolly wrote:
unkn0wn wrote: she does look good in that video tho.
Did you notice how she contorts her body and pushes her behind on objects to make it seem bigger the entire video?
omg this. it's like she was trying to sell her video with her body, e.g. by bending over in an off the shoulder top and pushed out behind.

Post by Guest »

i only just noticed this...what the actual fuck is with her hand on the "after" picture :rofl:

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

Haha yikes, is that bad photoshop or a God awful angle?

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

yeah i did notice the she contorts her body but she ALWAYS has done that lol. i feel like she did lean out a little bit from her recent past, so i guess keto is doing something. (let's see how long this high fat binge goes on for.)

all of her videos now are either regurgitated sponsored videos or boring/awkward q&a's.

lmfao that hand returns. i still think she has chubby feet/hands. did you notice her bare feet in that latest video of hers, too? lol.

i'm a minimalist but i keep certain items. i am trying to cut out more as i go along, but i think long and hard about the important items i keep that are special to me. honestly, i've recently looked at rachel and thought about how boring she really is with her empty home.

secretariat
Learner
Learner

Post by secretariat »

I'm honestly really sad that her videos are so stale now, because when I first found her on youtube I really enjoyed her content. Now it just feels like I'm watching the same 3-4 videos over and over, and thats super boring.

mac1234
Learner
Learner

Post by mac1234 »

^^ This
I used to think she was really interesting but she just so shallow; much like her apartment she has no character! I'm kinda glad she doesnt post much on insta anymore, I prefer to have my feed filled with posts from emilyskyefit and megankittens, atleast they are real and down to earth about their lives and their bodies etc and dont just complain "Im just so busy all the time"

Missyme
Learner
Learner

Post by Missyme »

handmadedolly wrote:She only makes videos now if they are sponsored, aside from a couple that aren't so it doesn't look so suss.
So pretty much... every Q&A?

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Missyme wrote:
handmadedolly wrote:She only makes videos now if they are sponsored, aside from a couple that aren't so it doesn't look so suss.
So pretty much... every Q&A?
And "cooking".

Which means if she were to post 5 times a month, 3-4 videos would be sponsored.

wenjandei
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by wenjandei »

It's funny how quick you can go from being a fan to a total hater. You guys have opened my eyes.
At first, I was like "She has some kind of illness that prevents her from losing weight and she still exercises, while I'd just give up" or "She is a freelancer too and instead of napping until noon, like me, she wakes up at 5:30, she's my goddess"
Then I watch her doing an actual workout, the one with the push-ups. Now I question everything I've seen in her videos. I mean, what the fuck. I've done Insanity and plenty of other things, and after some time, you figure out how to keep the correct shape while doing a plank, etc. Like all trainers say "Better do it slowly, don't compromise the form". It seems I have more muscle than her, although I lead a pretty inactive life.
And the food... How many calories were there in that coconut milk and chia seed pudding? Is it even healthy?
Excuse my English, I'm a bit of a foreigner

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

i thought she was really interesting as well, now it's like she's on autopilot. i don't see much value in her videos anymore, i even give it a few days before i bother watching. honestly, bored of youtube / internet in general.

guess we gotta make a new thread? name ideas?
miss always busy rachel aust, her royal "minimalist" highness.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Rachel "blank living" Aust, of course :rofl:

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

Rachel 'Bland Living' Aust

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

also i just realised lol. blanc. french... pourquoi elle a utilise' francais? :roll: i don't see the point of her using a french word. she's not french and i doubt she even knows a second language very well at all.

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

Made the new thread, used HandMadeDollys suggestion since she was first, and we are two pages overdue :P

http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=31409

Return to “Rachel Aust”