Rachel Aust

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rachel Aust

Post by handmadedolly »

xIts_JJx wrote:Not keen on the new website at all, it looks so messy. It was fine before, why change it?
Same reason she can't help but ruin her face or change her hair every week. She gets bored easily...

...but I thought her life is so busy and full of purpose. :roll:

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

and her beautiful home/furniture/glassware...
if you want a beautiful home and you achieve that, why continue to change it lol.

:rofl: i'm dying at your perfect comment. 'but i thought her life is so busy and full of purpose.' :rofl:

mac1234
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by mac1234 »

Idk about anyone else but i feel like she thinks she's a chef creating all these meals? It makes me really iffy because her execution and flavour profiles are horrendous. Every damn time I see that marble chopping board i feel violated- those poor knives! Why bother buying expensive knives if youre not going to take care of them!

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

^but marble is her "aestethic" lol thats all that counts right? SUCH a minimalist

for rachel minimalism just means lack of colours it seems

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Annnnd she changed hair salons. She now goes to Oscar Oscar in Indooroopilly... another branded hair salon, and of course she has an affiliation with them. At least her hair can't look any more horrid than it did while she was doing it in Leon Brant at the Myer Centre. :roll:

Also, the ceramic knives she uses are extremely cheap ones.

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

she a little nut crazy, eh? guess she's going keto. hm, disappointing. i have pcos and i tried keto, that shit doesn't work aha. i just got really sick. i wonder if she'll experience the same shit i did before i realised lol.

still hate marble. those knives look gross. all her food looks gross. stop killing animals omg.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

I stick to my opinion that she doesn't know how to cook. Not only are her meals unappetising to look at, but she continuously uses ingredients wrong and doesn't let things cook properly.

The salmon is overcooked, it's flaking off and looks like something a cat threw up, and the chicken probably tasted like crap becase she didn't even marinate it to let it absorb the flavours. She then puts frozen vegetables into the containers and adds the hot, straight from the pan meat on top of them. That's a sure way to ruin the vegetables, especially considering she says they'll "cook when she heats it up". No sweetheart, they won't cook - they'll be devoid of nutrients as you'll be zapping them in the microwave.

She put the beef pieces in the pan and didn't even bother searing them before adding frozen vegetables directly on top of the meat shortly after and then proceeded to add the "sauce" ingredients on top of it all. When you look at the final product you see brown-gray coloured meat and overcooked vegetables that have lost all nutritional value due to her method of "cooking".

I get that she's short on time and wants to seem like a super human to her followers, but an extra half an hour to allow the meat to marinate or to sear the beef, blanch the vegetables and cook things in proper order would mean the dishes she creates don't just look appetising, they will be.

two_shades2yellow
Learner
Learner

Post by two_shades2yellow »

i was horrified at her cooking technique, especially how she handled the meat and fish.. no honey noooo that's not how you sear anything..

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

Her searing technique is that she doesn't sear anything.

She literally doesn't let any food rest a bit before adding another ingredient. It hurts me on a personal level because she has the audacity to post these videos and people actually value her "recipes".

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

just noticed the facebook deletion comment- you mean the one where it was like, her old photography?
i still don't understand why she doesn't have a proper website for her work. :roll:

even as a vegan (and being plant based for over a year), i know she cooked her meats wrong lmfao. they looked gross by how they were cooked, didn't even look safe to eat. also who just 'chucks' frozen vegs into a tubberware and heats them up via microwave?! ew?! is it too hard to boil/steam them for a few minutes?

i feel like her meals are all SO boring and i wonder how she deals with eating this way all the time. oh right by 'cheating' twice a week. :roll: i just have a feeling she binges on more foods than she admits.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

What gets me is that she makes these meals for Beau as well. Considering how often he lets himself go, doesn't train or binge eats, I'm not surprised he results to "cheat meals" (and probably a lot behind her back). Maybe she can eat this crap, but I don't know how he does.

Post by Guest »

[quote="unkn0wn"]just noticed the facebook deletion comment- you mean the one where it was like, her old photography?
i still don't understand why she doesn't have a proper website for her work. :roll:

no, it was her official fb page (https://www.facebook.com/RachelAust)
i just wondered if something happened or if she just got bored with it and decided to make a new one :roll:

lauzzykitten
Talker
Talker

Post by lauzzykitten »

What's all this low carb crap she's promoting? and to be honest I wish she'd stop putting those kind of pics up on insta showing her body off. I used to be jealous of her body and it would make me feel like crap seeing it (and I imagine other young followers of hers) until I realised from this site that 90% is photoshopped lol. She has lost weight, but in videos that can't be photoshopped, she doesn't look very slim or like her insta pics at all.

lauzzykitten
Talker
Talker

Post by lauzzykitten »

unkn0wn wrote:she a little nut crazy, eh? guess she's going keto. hm, disappointing. i have pcos and i tried keto, that shit doesn't work aha. i just got really sick. i wonder if she'll experience the same shit i did before i realised lol.

still hate marble. those knives look gross. all her food looks gross. stop killing animals omg.
Lol agreed. keto made me feel like crap, and messed my body up bad. I'll never not eat carbs again

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

lauzzykitten wrote:
unkn0wn wrote:she a little nut crazy, eh? guess she's going keto. hm, disappointing. i have pcos and i tried keto, that shit doesn't work aha. i just got really sick. i wonder if she'll experience the same shit i did before i realised lol.

Lol agreed. keto made me feel like crap, and messed my body up bad. I'll never not eat carbs again
Where does she find the energy to keep exercising? Once I made the stupid mistake of not eating carbs for a week and I could barely crawl out of bed. Now I know better, whole grains for life!

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

How distorted does her mouth look in her latest IG? Yikes!!
I do like that eyeshadow though, wish she'd tag the brand.

edit: Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks she's gone overboard with her lips

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

They look stung. Her lips were already full, I don't know what she felt the need to fill them in even more.

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

illuminatipotato wrote:
unkn0wn wrote:just noticed the facebook deletion comment- you mean the one where it was like, her old photography?

no, it was her official fb page (https://www.facebook.com/RachelAust)
i just wondered if something happened or if she just got bored with it and decided to make a new one :roll:
uhm... it's up for me?? maybe you got blocked lol. she's on there and updates and stuff.
staedtler wrote:
lauzzykitten wrote:

Where does she find the energy to keep exercising? Once I made the stupid mistake of not eating carbs for a week and I could barely crawl out of bed. Now I know better, whole grains for life!
moi aussi! i tried it for a few weeks and i legit had zero energy for anything. i will never count calories or restrict like that ever again; i love my carbs.
she's getting back into teas pretty heavily too from what i recall- need that extra caffeine energy, rachel? ;) or maybe try more of your caffeine packed pre workout because you're depleting yourself of energy lmfaooooo.
lauzzykitten wrote:What's all this low carb crap she's promoting? and to be honest I wish she'd stop putting those kind of pics up on insta showing her body off. I used to be jealous of her body and it would make me feel like crap seeing it (and I imagine other young followers of hers) until I realised from this site that 90% is photoshopped lol. She has lost weight, but in videos that can't be photoshopped, she doesn't look very slim or like her insta pics at all.
she found out she has pcos and her shitty docs told her to go low carb, high fat lol. fuck keto, that shit sucksss.

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

unkn0wn wrote: she found out she has pcos and her shitty docs told her to go low carb, high fat lol. fuck keto, that shit sucksss.
Doctors never tell you to go on certain diets - they might refer you to a dietician but those won't tell you to go paleo/keto/vegan/etc because most dieticians believe in a well balanced diet with everything your body needs, including meat and carbs. I hardly doubt her docs told her anything like that, most docs I've met in Australia are incompetent as fuck to begin with.

She made her own stupid decision about her diet.

unkn0wn
Informer
Informer

Post by unkn0wn »

handmadedolly wrote:
unkn0wn wrote: she found out she has pcos and her shitty docs told her to go low carb, high fat lol. fuck keto, that shit sucksss.
Doctors never tell you to go on certain diets - they might refer you to a dietician but those won't tell you to go paleo/keto/vegan/etc because most dieticians believe in a well balanced diet with everything your body needs, including meat and carbs. I hardly doubt her docs told her anything like that, most docs I've met in Australia are incompetent as fuck to begin with.

She made her own stupid decision about her diet.
i thought she said in her first pcos vid or some other vid that her doc(s) told her to up her proteins/fats? lmfao maybe i'm wrong but i swore she specifically was like YEAH MY DOC SAID TO LOWER THE CARBS blah blah blah?

man i don't remember shit, i can't be bothered to remember all the bullshit people say lol.

all i know is she's most likely screwing her body over. my doc told me that my issues are because i'm fat and then another told me to eat low cal meals stuffed with meats/other garbage animal products. (AFTER i told her i was vegan... lol)

Return to “Rachel Aust”