Eye cream

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eye cream

Post by paperbackwriter »

Okay, this is going to sound really dumb and ignorant but what does eye cream do exactly? I'm wondering because I have horrible undereye circles. When I wake up in the morning, it looks like someone punched me. Do eye creams get rid of them? If so, what are some that you guys would recommend?

Also my mom is allergic to avocado. I eat avocado all the time but I think when my hairdresser uses shampoo with avocado I might get kind of an itchy scalp, then again my hair dye also might make my scalp itchy and my mom gets hives and I don't get hives so I don't think I'm allergic to avocado but to play it safe I'd prefer it if we stayed away from anything with avocado oil in it anyway? And that way I can share with her :)

meerkat
Talker
Talker

Re: Eye cream

Post by meerkat »

Eye creams are supposed to help with undereye wrinkles and help hydrate them, mostly. If puffiness was your only problem, I think there was a Garnier eye roller product that helped reduced eye puffiness, but I haven't tried them personally so I can't say whether it works or not. It has caffeine products, not sure about avocado.

I've tried about 2-3 eye creams either through samples or full products, and I haven't really seen any significant changes myself. The only thing that works on me (slightly) was Garnier anti-wrinkle eye roller, but I'm satisfied enough with it since my eye wrinkles are genetic so nothing short of plastic surgery is gonna fix it, which i don't want.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I find that eye cream helps a little bit with dark circles, but nothing is going to help them if they're from allergies, which mine are. I've used the Origins Eye Doctor eye cream, and it's okay. Currently, I'm using Shiseido White-Lucent Anti Dark Circles eye cream. I like it better than the Origins one, but it's more expensive.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Mine aren't from allergies they're from my horrible sleep habits I think.

Decayedbeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Decayedbeauty »

I heard they're not really from lack of sleep it's usually a nutrition thing. I used to have them quite badly but I started eating better and they've improved.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/26801 ... nutrition/

Eyecremes never made dark circles go away, but they moisturize the delicate skin in that area or you can get wrinkle cremes. If you want a good concealer for dark circles I rec hard candy glamoflage, or kat von d concealer

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Decayedbeauty wrote:I heard they're not really from lack of sleep it's usually a nutrition thing. I used to have them quite badly but I started eating better and they've improved.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/26801 ... nutrition/

Eyecremes never made dark circles go away, but they moisturize the delicate skin in that area or you can get wrinkle cremes. If you want a good concealer for dark circles I rec hard candy glamoflage, or kat von d concealer
Yes, my mom gets them too and I drink a lot of coffee and my iron is incredibly low. So that's actually a really good explanation for it! Thank you!
And thank you for the recommendations for everything everyone. I do have a few wrinkles also and I'd like to smooth that out so looks like I'll be getting a new eye cream and a new undereye concealer at some point...

Post by Guest »

Eye creams are mostly for hydrating, de-puffing, and anti-aging.

Basically, the skin around the eyes is very thin and delicate, and has little to no oil glands. As a result of this, the area gets dried out easily and is also prone to damage from facial movements (rubbing, tugging, squinting, etc). As a result, wrinkles set in - that's why you usually see the first signs of aging, like crows feet and fine lines, around the eyes first. Using a good hydrating and/or anti-aging eye cream will help prevent this.

You can get lighter, gel-based eye creams for morning use. A lot of these have cold metal applicators which are supposed to be soothing to the eye area in the morning which often looks puffy and red. Caffeine is a common ingredient in these eye creams as it "wakes up" the eye area and promotes circulation and blood flow.

A lot of illuminating eye creams claim to help with dark circles, but honestly, I don't think many products can improve them. You can get enough sleep, drink water, and eat healthy to prevent your dark circles from looking worse, but they're mostly caused by skin tone and facial structure. The more fair your skin is, the easier it will be to see the blood vessels under your eyes which makes the area look dark. The more of a hollow area you have under your eyes, the darker the area will look. Just invest in a good under eye concealer, or you can look into getting fillers to plump up your under eyes.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I should probably use an actual eye cream, but for the past several months, I've just been using shea butter. Works great to keep my undereye area hydrated.

Return to “Skincare”