whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 3

iwasforcedtoregister
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 3

Post by iwasforcedtoregister »

TTGirl wrote:When all of the same products are being filmed by alot of the YT you subscribed all pop up at the same time, you know they are all given/sponsored etc. However, it doesn't mean that it can't be a good content. Lily just always defend herself without any class. Bashing and more moaning will just turn off more people.
Yeh I'd agree. Plus by now, it's pretty well known that all these youtubers and bloggers are gifted the vast majority of the products they receive. I'd imagine the only things they'll buy for them-self are repurchases and perhaps items from brands like MAC who have long standing makeup lines and only send out special collections. Yes, it is a bit annoying because the sheer amount of products that go through these people's hands will be a) worth thousands of £££ a yer and b) they can't possible use it all! Maybe they should have a little disclaimer in their description box saying that because of their job they don't need to buy much? Personally, I just presume any new release they mention is more than likely gifted.

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Blair Gilbert »

Sorry to go OT guys...

Can someone please fill me in on her family situation? I can't connect all the dots. I know they are rich and that Lilly and her fiancee lived there... Other than that I'm uninformed :|

Post by Guest »

^ I got the impression her dad was/is a successful music producer.

skiddle
Stalker
Stalker

Post by skiddle »

Long time lurker...

This girl is infuriating! After the REN advert, where she talks so much about how bad London pollution is for her skin... she was on Snapchat yesterday talking about the Vitamin D tablets she's taking because she 'hardly ever goes outside during the week.' :|

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

Tulips wrote:^ I got the impression her dad was/is a successful music producer.
Think he's an accountant/owns his own accounting firm for musicians and other people in the media.

I remember her mentioning his name when she got a scarf from that company and they had the same name as her and her dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janeca_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by janeca_ »

Every Day May I Sell You Some Expensive Shiz.

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

^ well.. I guess she needs all the extra money to pay for that wedding 8-) ;) :busted:
:love2:

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

janeca_ wrote:Every Day May I Sell You Some Expensive Shiz.
Wedding money has to come from somewhere :p

lilmisscrazy322
Talker
Talker

Post by lilmisscrazy322 »

I dont want to post anything in case but both rich and her dad have linkedins that give a better idea to their jobs

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

so does her sister carly's, if one wanted to go looking ;)

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

Her sister was so enjoyable in the latest vlog. Lily on the other hand 'Topshop is old for me, let alone JoJo' Seriously?????

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

^Yeah, I enjoyed a lot that video. I love some of the dresses. Her sister is funny I like her in vlogs. Also I kind of liked the last tech video since I cannot stand a make up haul video or tutorials anymore.

Post by Guest »

JoJo always looks like such a fun-loving person. I know siblings have different personalities and interests, of course, but those three sisters are soo different to each other :P

baakla
Talker
Talker

Post by baakla »

Her snapchats today :roll: :roll: :roll:

Complaining about noise from people literally building you custom cabinets in your home. Ok, Lily.
I can't believe how unaware of her privilege she is.

humdrume
Informer
Informer

Post by humdrume »

I really enjoyed the last vlog for no particular reason. Simply is the kind of video I like nowadays.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

She manages to get free reign in Kate Spade and came out with the ugliest bag they do. Only Lily :rofl:

Also, was anyone appalled at the plimsolls she is going to wear with her wedding dress?!

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Her snapchat today was all moaning. Usually I tolerate it. But today? Overdose!

Sent from my fancy super expensive fantasy phone via patapoop
:love2:

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Wow that was some haul that Kat Spade gifted her! Do you think she got money along with all the free items? That maxi dress alone was nearly over 400 pounds! :o If Lily is getting this sort of payment from a brand can you imagine what Zoella or Tanya is getting!
I read an article yesterday by "Fashion Monitor' that interviewed Lily and Katie Snooks about brands gifting bloggers or Influencers as they are known now!

Gifting influencers is a sure-fire way to shine the spotlight on your brand offerings, but there’s more to it than popping your latest product into the post and waiting for it to appear on your chosen influencer’s “monthly favourites” vlog.

With PO boxes being inundated with deliveries you need to make sure your package stands out for all the right reasons. We caught up with influencers Katie Snooks and Lily Pebbles for their advice on ensuring your products get the coverage they deserve.

Reach out first

Establishing contact is key to building a relationship with influencers, so touch base with your chosen blogger before posting them products.

“I like to be emailed first to ask if I want something,” shares Pebbles. “I hate to waste products and some things just aren’t going to work for me.”

Smart sending

Create a great first impression with packaging that reflects your brand and isn’t wasteful.

“I like when something is nicely presented and it’s clear what it is straight away without having to work through too much packaging,” laments Pebbles. “Having a product in a box within a box, within another box is silly and I do find it frustrating.”

“Products that are delivered beautifully are always great as I am more likely to photograph them,” confirms beauty blogger Katie Snooks. “I’d like to see PR companies cut down on wasted material; I’ve received massive boxes containing a product the size of my hand – it’s unnecessary!”

Include a personalised note

It takes no time to add a personally addressed note to your package, and it shows extra care and attention.

“Personalised notes are a nice touch as I then know that the PR is aware of my channel and it’s not a mass send,” says Pebbles.

“Personalised goodies are always charming, and very Instagrammable,” notes Snooks.

Tailor the gift

Don’t do blind-send-outs; nothing will turn an influencer off like a shade totally unsuited to them. Sending without first researching is a waste of your time as they’re unlikely to feature the product.

“It’s incredibly important to have products tailored to me and this is only possible if the PR has watched my videos/read my blog and knows my taste,” confirms Pebbles.

“I like to be asked what foundation/concealer shade I am. If I’m sent the wrong shade it’s impossible to try the product properly.”

Beauty brand High Definition are big believers in research, with Laura Moore, PR for the brand adding: “It’s good to know as much about who you are gifting as possible; look to see if they’ve used similar products before but not liked them or if they only use specific colours shades etc. This helps in ensuring they will try and test the product rather than giving it to friends or not using at all.”

Be observant

Keep an eye on what your chosen influencer is up to – if they vlogged about loving a certain fragrance be sure to send over any summer editions of the scent, or limited edition versions.

“Gifts that are well thought out are a bonus,” enthuses Snooks. “I showed an eczema flare up in a vlog recently and then received a box of goodies from a PR who had watched my vlog and had some products she knew to be incredible for eczema; that instantly made me want to use and review the products.”

“The best brands are the ones that spot when you’re low on your favourite moisturiser and quickly send you a re-stock,” adds Pebbles.

Don’t always aim big

While it’s tempting to send your products to the biggest YouTubers out there, it may be more worth your while targeting influencers with a smaller audience who are more suited to the item, as Snooks points out: “It might get less hits, but their audience will be much more engaged regarding that type of product and ultimately you’re more likely to get more coverage.”

Don’t be pushy

Avoid chasing bloggers about when they’re going to write a post or share a photo. “I’m personally not interested in “showing off” my press gift, so encouraging me to post a photo makes me cringe slightly,” admits Pebbles. “Being chased about whether I received the product and if I liked it is a little off putting. Influencers are overwhelmed with products and emails and chasing for coverage doesn’t affect whether something is featured or not'.

iwasforcedtoregister
Learner
Learner

Post by iwasforcedtoregister »

Oh dear, Lily comes off like she thinks she on a pedestal and brands should literally be gifting her with everything she wants and needs. Eugh, I'm actually disgusted by “The best brands are the ones that spot when you’re low on your favourite moisturiser and quickly send you a re-stock,”! Who the f*** does she think she is that she deserves her glass to be constantly topped off when 99.999% of people need to work for their money and they head to boots or wherever to pick up the items they need.

HelloFridayy
Learner
Learner

Post by HelloFridayy »

Kate Spade is soooo not Lily's style :?

Return to “Lily Pebbles”