Whitney Hedrick

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Whitney Hedrick

Post by LittleDarkAge »

For quite a while after my dad passed away, his passing somehow worked itself into a bunch of conversations. I wasn't seeking attention it was just a product of grief. I agree re: her aggressive nature. I feel like she thinks the viewer disagrees with her and she's having an imaginary argument with us.

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

I'm not going to bother to watch her newer content to answer my own question, but based on the titles and the little I did see of one video from earlier this year, did she switch from anti-consumerism to maximalism or something? How to be mean and make money? I'd guess that's click bait but yikes.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

Anybody watch her "pretty privilege" video? She kept hinting that she used being pretty to get money out of men, and I began to feel like I was watching a "be a prostitute" video or something. Maybe that's not what she meant, but she never defined how she "laughed all the way to the bank" by being pretty, so my mind was filling in the blanks. The video was basically suggesting you consider:
1. Participating in "pretty privilege"
2. ???
3. Profit!

angriestoftabbies
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by angriestoftabbies »

It seems that anti-consumerism was trending algorithmically so she catered her videos for those views and then when that didn't work she pivoted back to a more traditional Guru. Her content isn't what bothers me so much as the utter defensiveness that seeps out of her videos. Even the titles themselves are pretty contemptuous of the viewer. She has this very wannabe elitist vibe which is just NLOG but remixed for a different viewership. Whitney Hedrick isn't like other girls because her standards are so much higher/she's more high maintenance than you/she's tidier than you/she has more self-respect than you/she's more productive than you/and so on. The self-righteousness is so off putting! Confidence and even cockiness can be positive attributes if you offset it with a healthy degree of self-deprecation. That's what makes someone relatable. But it's like her own self hatred and perfectionism overwrite that to cater to some enemy that she's competing with in her head. It's completely off-putting.

LittleDarkAge
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LittleDarkAge »

angriestoftabbies wrote: ā†‘
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:39 pm
It seems that anti-consumerism was trending algorithmically so she catered her videos for those views and then when that didn't work she pivoted back to a more traditional Guru. Her content isn't what bothers me so much as the utter defensiveness that seeps out of her videos. Even the titles themselves are pretty contemptuous of the viewer. She has this very wannabe elitist vibe which is just NLOG but remixed for a different viewership. Whitney Hedrick isn't like other girls because her standards are so much higher/she's more high maintenance than you/she's tidier than you/she has more self-respect than you/she's more productive than you/and so on. The self-righteousness is so off putting! Confidence and even cockiness can be positive attributes if you offset it with a healthy degree of self-deprecation. That's what makes someone relatable. But it's like her own self hatred and perfectionism overwrite that to cater to some enemy that she's competing with in her head. It's completely off-putting.
When I did watch, I always felt like I was being yelled at and talked down to. Like I had told her that I think pineapple belongs on pizza and she's now having to explain to me in soul crushing detail why it doesn't but also I'm going to jail for my hate speech. It's just so severe. I'm guessing the men who she is catering to with her "how to get a pay pig" or whoever, videos, enjoy that sort of interaction and it's carried over to her channel.

Return to ā€œU-Zā€