kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier - Part 5

Post by kei »

New thread time. :)

To pick up from the last thread, I actually just got around to watching his earlier Velocibox video last week. So when he's all "revisited" I was like "wait...really?" :lol:

Also, @Nyxx, yeah that's what I picked up on too. That's the one common thread I see in the SJW community: they seem to assume because they're white females, they have privilege (which in this case equates directly to power) over the "lesser minorites" and deem it important to step in and lend their all-powerful, more important voices where those communities have so woefully hidden in shame. :roll: They have no idea how hypocritical the movement is. I don't have anything against them as individuals, mind you, as their hearts are often in the right place...even if their common sense isn't.

DiscreetSushi
Learner
Learner

Re: Markiplier - Part 5

Post by DiscreetSushi »

It's unfortunate that some "privileged" people only stick up for the minorities because they want to feel like they're a part of something big. Get a job, man. Or create something. Take your insincere pity statements somewhere else.

I wonder if Mark will ever get back to Blank Dream; Since that game is about suicide, it might take him a while before being able to play it again. :( Poor Mark.

I'm really digging his Soma LP. No funky edits or anything, just a real play-through. I'm hungry for more horror! I'm pretty done with FNAF, though. >-< It's so same-y now. It sucks the scariness out of the game. The endless supply of FNAF rip-offs on GameJolt aren't helping, either.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

What do you guys think of 8yo., watching Mark? I saw an 8yo comment on a vid, one where Mark plays surgeon simulator nd said shes 8. I told her dhes too young and another said its not my call. I said Mark said his vids arent cor kids.
-_-

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I hate my phone grr! *and she* for*

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

AquarianHorse wrote:What do you guys think of 8yo., watching Mark? I saw an 8yo comment on a vid, one where Mark plays surgeon simulator nd said shes 8. I told her dhes too young and another said its not my call. I said Mark said his vids arent cor kids.
-_-

Really it's up to the parents/guardians to monitor what their children is watching or interacting with online. Personally, if I was a parent, I wouldn't let my child watch Mark's videos or any of these Youtubers that curse and use sexual jokes a lot unless they were supervised by either me or another adult, preferably my husband (if I ever get one at this rate. :P)

If that child's parent/guardian feels that their 8 year old is mature enough to watch his videos unsupervised, while I don't necessarily agree with it, that is their choice to make for their child.

Now if the kid was watching unsupervised and the parents don't know they're watching, that's a bigger problem.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
AquarianHorse wrote:What do you guys think of 8yo., watching Mark? I saw an 8yo comment on a vid, one where Mark plays surgeon simulator nd said shes 8. I told her dhes too young and another said its not my call. I said Mark said his vids arent cor kids.
-_-

Really it's up to the parents/guardians to monitor what their children is watching or interacting with online. Personally, if I was a parent, I wouldn't let my child watch Mark's videos or any of these Youtubers that curse and use sexual jokes a lot unless they were supervised by either me or another adult, preferably my husband (if I ever get one at this rate. :P)

If that child's parent/guardian feels that their 8 year old is mature enough to watch his videos unsupervised, while I don't necessarily agree with it, that is their choice to make for their child.

Now if the kid was watching unsupervised and the parents don't know they're watching, that's a bigger problem.
I'm not a parent nor do I plan on becoming one, but an 8 year-old shouldn't be watching Mark or anything thats not a cartoon, or a Pixar movie. Mark is a great and amazing person (lets get a counter for every time someone says this), but he still curses, and makes sex jokes that are direct. His age range should stay 14 and up. But if it was up to me he'd be 17 and up. ^-^

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Aww how cute. MSB is trying to make comments on the video yet tries to get people to join his 10 million. I feel like he saw how some of us complained how he never comments on Mark's video. Still you're doing it wrong MSB. "WAU sounds like Doge trying to say wow. Also join the FUNNY milestone video we are planning to make! SIgnups are leveling off at about 4,700 people but we want AS MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE TO JOIN US :D"

and no thanks, I don't want to put hot pepper/sauce in my eyes or in my stomach because I know my body's limit (that is to keep spicy stuff the heck away from me )and I rather get senpai's attention some other way by doing my own work, and plus, he'll only see you for a second like someone else said.

Yeah 17 and up for audience would be good :D I do find it creepy teens watch his stuff, even little kids. I just worry kids will mimick what Mark says and they will get in trouble and I just seen a lot of shitty parents not control their kids :/ Heck I seen some vids of kids saying fuck you and they're way less than 10. It's like "No that's not funny or cute :l"

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Aww how cute. MSB is trying to make comments on the video yet tries to get people to join his 10 million. I feel like he saw how some of us complained how he never comments on Mark's video. Still you're doing it wrong MSB. "WAU sounds like Doge trying to say wow. Also join the FUNNY milestone video we are planning to make! SIgnups are leveling off at about 4,700 people but we want AS MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE TO JOIN US :D"

and no thanks, I don't want to put hot pepper/sauce in my eyes or in my stomach because I know my body's limit (that is to keep spicy stuff the heck away from me )and I rather get senpai's attention some other way by doing my own work, and plus, he'll only see you for a second like someone else said.

Yeah 17 and up for audience would be good :D I do find it creepy teens watch his stuff, even little kids. I just worry kids will mimick what Mark says and they will get in trouble and I just seen a lot of shitty parents not control their kids :/ Heck I seen some vids of kids saying fuck you and they're way less than 10. It's like "No that's not funny or cute :l"
It's especially disturbing that there are so many fans that are 12 or 13 (or at least under 21 or 18) that objectify Mark and treat him like a piece of meat rather than a person.

Yeah I've seen a lot of little kids curse and disrespect adults and I don't like it. The last time I saw my little cousin, who was 7 at the time, was freely saying things like shit and talking about having a girlfriend and making out with her. And yet I got in trouble in 2nd grade and shamed by my class and teachers for accidentally saying fuck in a heated moment, which I admit was dumb and wrong, but I did not deserve to be treated like a 2nd class citizen over it!

Growing up I was taught to treat people how I wanted to be treated (unless in certain circumstances. I'm not gonna treat someone nice if they're being an asshole to me for no good reason), to not throw around curse words in every other sentence, that if I mess up I take responsibility for my actions, and to always do my best and take pride in my accomplishments. I was taught respect and common courtesy, something these kids don't have.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah really. -_- I lol'd when Mark was talking about how good looking he is and how it's a burden sometimes (In the the last soma vid, he IS good looking but he has a great personality, it's his personality that got me to sub). I wonder if he was implying about the fans that look at him like a piece of meat :P Or maybe I am looking into that statement too much.

Ugh, I also hate seeing kids with ipads, phones, etc. I am not jealous or anything, but I didn't have that stuff back when I was a kid, heck even my whole teenage life. I just had a tv I had pay for MYSELF with chore money, beanie babies, my little ponies, littlest pet shop, dinosaur toys, horse toys, etc. etc. (I didn't play with dolls much because screw Barbie!). I did have a computer but I had to share it I didn't buy with with my own money :P I had Sega and Nintendo too. BUT NO PHONES OR TABLETS! I'm fine with that, they didn't exist but I dunno, the idea of kids having those stuff and cussing and making out with a girl or having a GIRLFRIEND just REALLY rubs me the wrong way. I remember when I was 13 my younger cousin was like I HAVE A BOYFRIEND LULZ and I was like "SO DO I" (I lied..ooooops). Meh I lie to guys that hit on me and just make it seem like they want take me to their room that I have a boyfriend.. XD (That's the only times I white lie).

Same here :D I was also told to ignore people if they're being mean, uh that's REAAALLY hard -_- You can't help the way you feel it just happens and it's not that easy to just ignore and move on. I'd just tell on the teacher or send them a snarky sarcastic comment in email XD) I wasn't allowed to curse either. I would get my mouth washed out with soap or have a time out, or got my computer taken away. Damn I wish I knew about on screen keyboard, I think one time my mom left the mouse but took the keyboard...

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah really. -_- I lol'd when Mark was talking about how good looking he is and how it's a burden sometimes (In the the last soma vid, he IS good looking but he has a great personality, it's his personality that got me to sub). I wonder if he was implying about the fans that look at him like a piece of meat :P Or maybe I am looking into that statement too much.

Ugh, I also hate seeing kids with ipads, phones, etc. I am not jealous or anything, but I didn't have that stuff back when I was a kid, heck even my whole teenage life. I just had a tv I had pay for MYSELF with chore money, beanie babies, my little ponies, littlest pet shop, dinosaur toys, horse toys, etc. etc. (I didn't play with dolls much because screw Barbie!). I did have a computer but I had to share it I didn't buy with with my own money :P I had Sega and Nintendo too. BUT NO PHONES OR TABLETS! I'm fine with that, they didn't exist but I dunno, the idea of kids having those stuff and cussing and making out with a girl or having a GIRLFRIEND just REALLY rubs me the wrong way. I remember when I was 13 my younger cousin was like I HAVE A BOYFRIEND LULZ and I was like "SO DO I" (I lied..ooooops). Meh I lie to guys that hit on me and just make it seem like they want take me to their room that I have a boyfriend.. XD (That's the only times I white lie).

Same here :D I was also told to ignore people if they're being mean, uh that's REAAALLY hard -_- You can't help the way you feel it just happens and it's not that easy to just ignore and move on. I wasn't allowed to curse either. I would get my mouth washed out with soap or have a time out, or got my computer taken away. Damn I wish I knew about on screen keyboard, I think one time my mom left the mouse but took the keyboard...
Yeah that's a thing too: kids having their own phones and tablets. I didn't get a cell phone until high school and it was only for emergencies or because I was working either backstage for the musicals or staying after school for art club or something and would need a ride later.

Yet these little kids have them, never use them to call/text friends or anything, just to play games or watch Youtube. It's fine in small spurts, but go outside and do something once in a while. I still had tv and video games as a kid, but I did other things like play outside with my brother/dogs or with my stuffed animals or drew pictures and stuff.

Plus my parents made sure that I didn't overdo it or make sure my homework was done first before ever going on the television or computer/Playstation, which worked out later on when I started doing my homework during study hall or class so I'd have more time to relax when I got home. I learned early on to manage my time and find multiple ways to entertain myself. These kids don't know how.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Oh also, back on topic, I think Mark might've just been joking about the handsome thing in the last SOMA episode. Maybe it was a crack at all these teens having fantasies of fucking him and/or marrying him, but it was probably him being sarcastic. Honestly, I don't think Mark thinks he's that attractive, at least not to the extent the fangirls think he is.

T_f
Talker
Talker

Post by T_f »

AquarianHorse wrote:Yeah really. -_- I lol'd when Mark was talking about how good looking he is and how it's a burden sometimes (In the the last soma vid, he IS good looking but he has a great personality, it's his personality that got me to sub). I wonder if he was implying about the fans that look at him like a piece of meat :P Or maybe I am looking into that statement too much.
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Oh also, back on topic, I think Mark might've just been joking about the handsome thing in the last SOMA episode. Maybe it was a crack at all these teens having fantasies of fucking him and/or marrying him, but it was probably him being sarcastic. Honestly, I don't think Mark thinks he's that attractive, at least not to the extent the fangirls think he is.

I'm thinking he is joking, but it does have that underlining message that says, yeah, a LOT of people are complimenting him on his looks and objectifying him. It could be that he wasn't used to receiving so many compliments before he started his channel, and now that it's just an avalanche of them, perhaps he feels they aren't sincere? Or there's the people taking it too far, like asking for kisses at cons that may make just want it all to stop altogether (though if he hadn't promoted being single when he was in a relationship, I'm sure it wouldn't have escalated to that degree so intensely :roll: )

I know for me on my channel, people are saying I'm beautiful, and it just feels funny, because I'm not really used to hearing that. I try to accept it graciously, but I'm like, "Ok, but have you seen my face when I'm derping?" :rofl:

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Yeah first time I had a phone was for emergence too (I think when I was like 18 when I was flying out on my own to meet a friend in California).

Playing with friends or neighbors was fun outside too or going over houses :D I did dance classes but then I went to horseback riding <3 I read books a lot too.

Yup, I think it's always good even as an adult to work then play.

Mark does seem to call himself ugly or whatever not good at games. Could be a poke of some fun at himself. Ugh god yeah fans really need to stop wanting to kiss him at cons -_- It's just rude to him and plus other fans, I look at as a way to brag you got to kiss Mark, etc. etc. :roll:

LOL yeah I would find it weird too if someone said YOU ARE PRETTY or CUTE or BEAUTIFUL. Because I honestly don't think I am :/ Rarely happens but if someone said that I think they're probably just being nice or lying.

ritzcrackerz
Debater
Debater

Post by ritzcrackerz »

Honestly, I wouldn't want my kids (if I ever have any) to watch Mark. I would rather have them watch Dora and Sesame Street. I have younger cousins that between the ages of 4 and 12 and some of them have had an iPad and iPhone for a few years now. I hate seeing kids with iPads and iPhones too. I'm sitting over here like go play with legos. I LOVED playing with Polly Pocket when I was a kid. The ones where you change the rubber clothes, not the itty bitty ones. I also got so many Barbies growing up too. I have shelves of them but most are collectables and are still in the box.

Back on topic. What got me to sub to Mark was his personality and that he was able to make me laugh. I actually found him on the Polaris YT page because I was watching the PAX East 2014 panel videos and I occasionally watch a smaller YTer named Lucahjin and she did Friendzone at PAX with him. When I first watched that video, I had no idea Mark existed. Even with 2+ million subs at the time. It wasn't until I saw him on YouTubers React to First Kiss and I was like wait you're popular? How have I not seen your videos? Then I saw Mark on a couple more React videos and then I was like ok, he seems cool. YT actually recommended his baking simulator video to me and honestly, it sold me because I was laughing so hard :rofl: Also, I'm behind on SOMA. College and stupid tests every week *grumble grumble*

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Yeah I'll admit, originally I didn't think Mark was physically attractive. I was drawn to his personality first and foremost and I kinda grew to like his looks more, especially when he started growing his hair out and getting facial hair. But that's usually how I am with guys anyway, I'm drawn to their personality first and the looks come as time goes on. Learned the hard way when to focus all on looks. :P

ritzcrackerz
Debater
Debater

Post by ritzcrackerz »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Yeah I'll admit, originally I didn't think Mark was physically attractive. I was drawn to his personality first and foremost and I kinda grew to like his looks more, especially when he started growing his hair out and getting facial hair. But that's usually how I am with guys anyway, I'm drawn to their personality first and the looks come as time goes on. Learned the hard way when to focus all on looks. :P
I was the exact same way. A friend and I were actually messaging each other about his hair recently. I never like the faux hawk hairstyle and neither did she.

ritzcrackerz
Debater
Debater

Post by ritzcrackerz »

ritzcrackerz wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:Yeah I'll admit, originally I didn't think Mark was physically attractive. I was drawn to his personality first and foremost and I kinda grew to like his looks more, especially when he started growing his hair out and getting facial hair. But that's usually how I am with guys anyway, I'm drawn to their personality first and the looks come as time goes on. Learned the hard way when to focus all on looks. :P
I was the exact same way. A friend and I were actually messaging each other about his hair recently. I never liked the faux hawk hairstyle and neither did she.
Ok, not sure why GG did that. I was trying to edit a typo.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

ritzcrackerz wrote:
I was the exact same way. A friend and I were actually messaging each other about his hair recently. I never like the faux hawk hairstyle and neither did she.
Same here. Never liked the faux hawk. Kinda miss the floof, but not entirely. Definitely miss his natural jet black hair, though I do like the bubblegum pink more than the super bright hot pink.

ritzcrackerz
Debater
Debater

Post by ritzcrackerz »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
ritzcrackerz wrote:
Same here. Never liked the faux hawk. Kinda miss the floof, but not entirely. Definitely miss his natural jet black hair, though I do like the bubblegum pink more than the super bright hot pink.
Yeah, I like this bubblegum color better. I miss his jet black hair too.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Same here XD I am not a buzz cut/mo-hawk kind of person. I like the longish hair on guys. I always been like that to be honest. His looks did eventually grow on me too :D Hm speaking of YTers react, it been awhile since I watched those, I am gonna do a marathon of that now :D I honestly do NOT know any of the youtubbers but eh I will check any out that seems pretty cool. :) To be honest when I first saw the first vid I saw of him (First FNAF), I thought he was like 30 XD: NOPE. WRONG!

Return to “Markiplier”