she wanted the juicy goss

boredtears
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Savannah Brown

Post by boredtears »

I wanted to make a thread for her for ages but it'd feel weird now knowing she'd read it....(I was going to say nice things though)

RubyWooo
Debater
Debater

Re: Savannah Brown

Post by RubyWooo »

Haha I just saw her tweet on twitter and I wanted to make one too in case no one else did

I like Savannah. Very authentic girl. Good content, good hair, good style. No juicy thing to say really :')

Storms
Learner
Learner

Post by Storms »

She's really pretty but she does literally sound like the 'indie singer girl introduces you to her kitchen' vine.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

I recently realised that she is the girl with the poeam "what guys look for in girls" or something. That really got stuck in my head a few years ago, very moving!

I think there is something between her and Dodie, I felt this since they did a cover together. Since Dodie announced on her Twitter that she is bi, I keep thinking of Savannah for some reason :P
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

aliceintheuk
Learner
Learner

Post by aliceintheuk »

I must be the only person who can't stand this girl. Everything she says sounds so forced and fake. She is obviously trying desperately hard to put a certain version of herself out there. Also, the think about her picking up an english accent a few months after moving here, is ridiculous. Nobody picks up an accent that fast. Awful, and I hate that she is associated with Dodie who I love and who is 100% real.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

aliceintheuk wrote:I must be the only person who can't stand this girl. Everything she says sounds so forced and fake. She is obviously trying desperately hard to put a certain version of herself out there. Also, the think about her picking up an english accent a few months after moving here, is ridiculous. Nobody picks up an accent that fast. Awful, and I hate that she is associated with Dodie who I love and who is 100% real.
Hear it in her new video, and I feel weird about it :(
At least Evan still has a proper american accent

kingandcoffee
Debater
Debater

Post by kingandcoffee »

I'm not sure what to think of her. I only know her through dodie, who I love.

She's young, 20 or so? And that's really cool that she's moved here and out of her comfort zone.
I just think she's trying to be this Manic Pixie Dream Girl, every indie teenage boys wet dream. She's mysterious, quirky, damaged and can sing. As if shes trying to be a Natalie Portman Jr.

I dunno, I think she would be hard to be friends with and would only add you to her circle if she deemed you "cool" enough.

Like I say, I've not watched her long, but the whole deleting her "former self" from her social media is a bit :(

georgiamay
Learner
Learner

Post by georgiamay »

No but really, how is it possible to start picking up an accent after a year? I would understand if English wasn't her first language but in this case it sounds so forced.

I want to like her cause her poems are cool and she's intelligent but her whole image seems so contrived and fake. I agree with the poster above - she's trying to be a manic pixie dream girl but if you're not a teenage boy you're not going to fall for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingandcoffee
Debater
Debater

Post by kingandcoffee »

Yeah her poems are really cool. I for sure couldn't write like that. She's super talented. A lot more than the average "youtuber".

I just think she's trying so hard to fit an image, it's like she's not "herself". You can just see in 6 months time she'll have another look, another wardrobe and another style.

mortydestructor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mortydestructor »

OH GOD I CANT STAND SAVANNAH BROWN
shes a pseudo-intellectual hipster. when she made that nihilism video i felt like shooting myself. how far up ones own ass can someone be??

RubyWooo
Debater
Debater

Post by RubyWooo »

Well, I think she's just trying to find who she is, just like everyone else on youtube and also here. We all have fases, and who knows, maybe this is who she is.

She's talented and super pretty and I'm jealous she actually pulls off her hair.

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

She's beautiful but what on earth is going on with her accent. Why is she in England? Does she have dual-citizenship or something?

karamel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by karamel »

lmao linguistic assimilation, google it.

georgiamay
Learner
Learner

Post by georgiamay »

A+ tho

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

Now that I followed her for a while on twitter and on youtube, I kinda got tired of the pseudo-hipster aspect of her content. Now that she's with Bertie it's like it amplifies.

poedamerons
Learner
Learner

Post by poedamerons »

She is so negative. Her Zalfie bashing is really embarrassing and unprofessional, she sounds like an entitled brat.

troncat
Informer
Informer

Post by troncat »

I want to like Savannah, but my God she makes it hard sometimes. Her faux "assimilated" accent, her high and mighty attitude about ethics. What a crock of shit. Nothing grates me more than a smug person who thinks their limited opinions aren't limited because they're sooo deep. Her and Bertie deserve each other, especially after his oh so enlightened video he posted about discovering humility. The irony.

I want to like her, but she doesn't have to share every brilliant idea she has just because she can.
ImageImage

georgiamay
Learner
Learner

Post by georgiamay »

I'm watching Being Human and Lauren reminds me so much of Savannah lol

winoforever
Talker
Talker

Post by winoforever »

I can totally understand the different 'phases' thing or trying to reinvent yourself, and seeing as I do it a bit I'm not in the position to judge, but I think she's really cute and seems nice. The accent thing, maybe it's forced? Living in a whole different country she might be trying to fit in a bit by putting on a bit of an accent, or maybe just being surrounded she's picked it up. idk. Her book seems cute.

Return to “N-Z”