PointlessDelusions: Alfie's busy Deyes Part 7

Lea

Re: PointlessDelusions: Alfie's busy Deyes Part 7

Post by Lea »

I've got my driving test coming up (:() and I can see now how an intensive course would be rubbish, you need time to process things. It's like with exam revision you should space it out over a few months and you'll find each time you come back to it it gets easier and easier because you're processing it below the surface. You also need time with your instructor because you will make mistakes as you learn, and you can't afford for these mistakes to happen once you're out on your own without an expert sat next to you with dual controls and the ability to lean over and move the wheel. Driving is such a huge responsibility that having the mindset of 'just getting all the lessons over with' is so stupid, your actions literally affect other people's lives. One failure to check your blind spot before changing lanes and you and the people in the car next to you are done for.

creamxcrackers
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by creamxcrackers »

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I saw this in his favourites / likes and think it might be his new book that he "missed the party to write" I can't read German but I assume that says published March 2016 so it's basically going to be a make your own scrapbook???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

crg93
Learner
Learner

Post by crg93 »

I speak some German and it's just saying it's a hardback, 192 pages long, release date is 1st March 2016 and language in English.

I actually remember him saying something along the lines of writing a "biography" and he was stressing many times that he was going to write it himself. I can't remember which video he said it in, though. It could be one titled "SICK ANNOUNCEMENT" or "BEST THING EVER, GUYZZ".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creamxcrackers
Learner
Learner

Post by creamxcrackers »

crg93 wrote:I speak some German and it's just saying it's a hardback, 192 pages long, release date is 1st March 2016 and language in English.

I actually remember him saying something along the lines of writing a "biography" and he was stressing many times that he was going to write it himself. I can't remember which video he said it in, though. It could be one titled "SICK ANNOUNCEMENT" or "BEST THING EVER, GUYZZ".

Thank you for translating! Xx

Jeweul
Informer
Informer

Post by Jeweul »

Why is every single author referred to 'number one bestselling author?'
Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

PeggyCarter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PeggyCarter »

megx wrote:
xoxo_madam wrote:
videostar wrote:I know they aren't comparable but I didn't think he'd pass his theory test, but he did, so stranger things have happened. But, I don't think intensive lessons are the best route and I would be surprised if he finds them useful and passes. I was contemplating doing an intensive course, and I'm glad I didn't, having learned for 7 months now there is absolutely no way I'd have fit it all into 5 days and feel the same level of confidence I do now in my driving. I'm hoping to take my test soon. The best way is definitely through regular lessons over a period of time.
Did he ever mention it on the day he was supposed to take it? Cause you don't have to have passed your theory to learn do you? Obviously it wouldn't make much sense for him to take an intensive course if he hasn't but I also struggle to believe he passed it, especially since I would've thought he'd be bragging as soon as he left the test centre :roll:
You can't take your practical test until you pass your theory test, my driving instructor told me to take mine right at the start of my lessons to get it done with

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Yes, I know. You can learn without having passed your theory though...

lolaperkins
Talker
Talker

Post by lolaperkins »

Alfie just needs to display a high level of confidence on the road. Because let's face it - if you're practising all of the technical moves for eight hours a day for 5 days leading up to your exam (esp. if it's in an automatic) than you're going to become pretty good at them. I only did three driving lessons ever, and that was to make sure I was test ready. If Zoe and Alfie weren't so lazy he could have done one hour per week on the road in his car with her, to just develop that road confidence. Not even practising any skills like reverse parallel, etc. If he had done that, combined with that intensive there would be no way he couldn't pass. I mean 17 year olds everywhere have their licenses.

nojessno

Post by nojessno »

creamxcrackers wrote:Image
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I saw this in his favourites / likes and think it might be his new book that he "missed the party to write" I can't read German but I assume that says published March 2016 so it's basically going to be a make your own scrapbook???

I saw that book on some site about a month ago. I find it weird that his minions only just found out.
I wish I could remember on which site I saw it.

hawkeye
Debater
Debater

Post by hawkeye »

Who the hell wants a scrapbook of his life? Pictures of him as a kid? Wow so amazing. Pictures of him and Poppy? Wow so amazing. Everything in his life in the past 7 years (or whatever it is) has been documented by YouTube so there is nothing new there. Any good pictures are immediately tweeted out anyway

Is will be useful as kindling for the fireplace..

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

crg93 wrote:I speak some German and it's just saying it's a hardback, 192 pages long, release date is 1st March 2016 and language in English.

And the fact that he's been collecting photos and such of him as a child...

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

hollythinks wrote:Joe's impression of Alfie in Zoe's vlog was top class. Also new thread title suggestion: PointlessFreebies: Desperate Deyes
this is actually one of the greatest title suggestion I have seen on GG :rofl:

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

potato411 wrote:1. He's whining about how he wants to go to a party but can't because he has to work for his third book.. should've done the work first then
2. Why does he have an office if he's not using it for work?!
its just hilarious that they are 'too busy' to do things, like this party. In your daily vlogs we can see you basically doing nothing all day leading up to this but you are only working today? Perhaps work more than 1 hour a day in the lead up

megx
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by megx »

xoxo_madam wrote:
megx wrote:
xoxo_madam wrote:
videostar wrote:I know they aren't comparable but I didn't think he'd pass his theory test, but he did, so stranger things have happened. But, I don't think intensive lessons are the best route and I would be surprised if he finds them useful and passes. I was contemplating doing an intensive course, and I'm glad I didn't, having learned for 7 months now there is absolutely no way I'd have fit it all into 5 days and feel the same level of confidence I do now in my driving. I'm hoping to take my test soon. The best way is definitely through regular lessons over a period of time.
Did he ever mention it on the day he was supposed to take it? Cause you don't have to have passed your theory to learn do you? Obviously it wouldn't make much sense for him to take an intensive course if he hasn't but I also struggle to believe he passed it, especially since I would've thought he'd be bragging as soon as he left the test centre :roll:
You can't take your practical test until you pass your theory test, my driving instructor told me to take mine right at the start of my lessons to get it done with

Yes, I know. You can learn without having passed your theory though...
Oh sorry I read your post wrong I thought you said you can take your practical test with the theory test x

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

wendy_wong wrote:

And the fact that he's been collecting photos and such of him as a child...
He also said "I have to write it" with a smile so it's a probably like a biography "Deyes of my life" lol

Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

Lol at his pathetic tweets about viewers coming to the house. He's the one that publicised where he lives and they decided to live on a main road?

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Kendalll wrote:Lol at his pathetic tweets about viewers coming to the house. He's the one that publicised where he lives and they decided to live on a main road?

Wow, that's quite unfair...Youtubers/famous people shouldn't live on main roads?!

Also don't think he 'publicised' where they lived. Maybe underestimated the stalking powers of his fans.

The kids hanging around their house is practically the only thing I do feel sorry for Alfie for.

likeclockwork
Learner
Learner

Post by likeclockwork »

horatio wrote:
Kendalll wrote:Lol at his pathetic tweets about viewers coming to the house. He's the one that publicised where he lives and they decided to live on a main road?

Wow, that's quite unfair...Youtubers/famous people shouldn't live on main roads?!

Also don't think he 'publicised' where they lived. Maybe underestimated the stalking powers of his fans.

The kids hanging around their house is practically the only thing I do feel sorry for Alfie for.
Actually, didn't Zoe let it slip by letting some post be visible in a blog?

gossipgalxo
Informer
Informer

Post by gossipgalxo »

horatio wrote:

They were so stupid when choosing to live where they did though. It's one of the main roads out of Brighton and has so many schools nearby. We all know what Zoe's mini looks like, it's just too easy for children on their way home from school to see and recognise their house, from the car alone. Zoe did the same thing with her flat. It was right on a main road and the famous and instantly recognisable mini was right there for all to see. And then if that wasn't enough, they left tbeir address in vlogs.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Alfie doesn't act like he values his privacy..he will vlog his girlfriend taking a bath, everyone has seen his hairy ass, and he often tweets things like "who wants to get lunch with me?" I don't feel bad for him one bit.

Babu93
Learner
Learner

Post by Babu93 »

Soo I had a dream last night that I was Alfie's assistant :? Basically we would go to lots of events and he would turn up, wave at fans and move on. Then I had to stay and give people hugs, take their presents, thank them, write thank you letters etc... In short, my job was to do all the stuff he was supposed to.

Oh god, what a relief it was to wake up and discover I was still in a crappy retail job.

Return to “Pointless Blog”