She inspires me

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

She inspires me

Post by lookanothergossiper »

She was the first beauty guru I saw. I love how she has stayed consistent with her channel. Most youtubers abandon their channel when they hit their peak, but Michelle still delivers something new. She created a 500 million dollar company and helps other beauty gurus. She keeps her relationship with Dom private now which I respect. I use to hate on her around 2010-2013 but now I reverted back to a fan.

unwritten87
Learner
Learner

Re: She inspires me

Post by unwritten87 »

I find her really inspiring too for creating her brand alone on YouTube. She may not get credit from a lot of of the new gurus, but she was like a pioneer lol

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

I find her inspiring in the fact that she managed to become a successful commercial artist through creative (or lucky depending on your perspective) marketing. I am glad that there is someone that Asian girls can look up to in the media as well (as I remember when I was younger many of my Asian friends wanted the “blonde hair/blue eye look” despite looking perfectly fine themselves) or maybe even myself even though she is younger (I think?..not sure) and I’m only Half. It’s also great that she has diversified (never good to put all your eggs in one basket) and hopefully she is as business-savvy as she seems as creative and business-smarts don’t often go together.

I watch her vids sometimes because they are cool but the makeup looks are pointless to me as I barely wear makeup due to sensitive skin and general laziness (it’s an effort to remember to comb my hair someday). I read a little bit of her thread (the trash one) and got a little turned off from her but I haven’t really gone in-depth enough to be able to tell if there are justified complaints/issues or it’s just the usual female cattiness so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. I know and have heard that a lot of artists that can be horrible people (or maybe it’s just people can be horrible/cutthroat/etc) but if they haven’t done anything too bad I believe in enjoying their “gifts to the world.”

Since I don’t care enough to look through those million threads I’m just going to say I’m glad that there is someone out there to inspire young artists/gurus/etc to follow their dreams and pursue their passion and show that it is possible to become successful.

Cottoncandyskies
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Cottoncandyskies »

I think we can all agree she is an icon!

missnikki
Learner
Learner

Post by missnikki »

I know this thread is extremely old, but can anyone tell me where Michelle has been for the past year?! She doesn't upload to YouTube anymore and from what I can see she hardly uses social media at all anymore. I miss her hahaha

Return to “Michelle Phan”